Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: DON'T BEAT AROUND THE BUSH  (Read 88400 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:DON'T BEAT AROUND THE BUSH
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2005, 03:24:54 PM »

[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
PAGE SEVEN DANCE!!
[/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] ;D  ;D  ;D [/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%] ;D  ;D  ;D [/move]
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 03:25:23 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2005, 03:55:50 PM »

Good Afternoon!  Good Evening!

Nothing like a little jaunt down to midtown to get one's blood going.  Or something like that.  I was hoping to stop into Kinko's to get some stuff printed off, but, alas, all the computer stations were occupied, and all their printers were off-line again.  Ah, well...

So, instead, I headed over to the Whole Foods in the Time Warner Center, and put together a dinner from the various food bars, mainly the Indian one.  I almost walked out as soon as I started assembling my meal - when I went to grab one of the bowls (for eat-in eating), a couple of other bowls decided to jump ship and they went crashing to floor.  Some of them even broke apart.  People yelled, "HOPA!"  I just stood there for a few seconds with a look of disbelief on my face, mumbling to myself, "I didn't do it... I didn't do it..."  A couple of Whole Foods staffers came to my aid, and picked things up, and I went about picking and choosing my meal for the evening.

...And somewhere along the line, I set my tray down in "something".  It wasn't something bad, just something oily.  Maybe it was on one of the counters, maybe it was something at the cash register, or maybe it was something in the microwave.  I dunno.  But after the bowl-drop, the last thing I wanted to deal with was a slippery tray.  Ah, well...

But the food was good, so I had that going for me.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #182 on: September 14, 2005, 04:02:38 PM »

After my trip to Whole Foods, I just walked around for a bit, and ended up running into a bunch of people.  I caught a few people on break hanging out on the sidewalk outside 8th Ave/Shettler Studios on 8th. Ave.  And there were a few others who I just happened to catch on the way to or from rehearsal.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #183 on: September 14, 2005, 04:06:08 PM »

In any case...

I'm feeling better than I did earlier.  I really did feel very run down the past 24-36 hours.  I guess the auditions in Charlotte took more out of me than they usually do.  However, I'm also detecting a bit of sinus stuff acting too, and my usual sympton for that stuff is a general sense of fatigue, so...  But like I said, I'm feeling better now.  Much, much better.  And since I know for sure that Mr. Prince will be in the audition room tomorrow, that's a good thing.  (ah, a Martha Stewart reference.)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #184 on: September 14, 2005, 04:07:18 PM »

Evening greetings!  I'm back to work today after my delightful 2-day vacation.  Like Danise, I need a REAL vacation and can hardly wait to get on that plane for NYC on Oct. 3.  Even though the end of that week is "work," at least being at a conference in Atlanta will be a change of pace.

So, I'm in the telephone reference center for my last hour tonight and hope to be able to chat here between calls.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #185 on: September 14, 2005, 04:07:35 PM »

RE: Blondel - I came across the vocal selections in a clearance bin at a music store a couple of years ago.  I bought the book, but I don't think I've ever played through it.  Hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #186 on: September 14, 2005, 04:11:51 PM »

DR Jason - As DR Ben already mentioned, Mill Mountain does indeed hire non-Eqs.  I sometimes get a call from them to play their auditions.  If I hear anything before they post, I'll be sure to pass the word onto you.

I've never worked down there myself - their music staff has generally been in-house - but I've worked with many people who have spent some time down there, staff and actors.  Everyone has had a wonderful time.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #187 on: September 14, 2005, 04:12:33 PM »

Last night, DH Richard and I went to see The Constant Gardener.  It was very hard to follow and did very little to cure the headache I had going in.  We discovered that nobody goes to the movies in Centerville on Tuesday evening - we closed the place.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Tomovoz

« Reply #188 on: September 14, 2005, 04:34:42 PM »

Didn't know there was a movie of that DR Ginny.
I assume it is from the the Le Carré book. I'm a fan of his writing.  His books always have so much that is not understood until near end. I have no probelm with credibility re the Drug companies and their aggresion.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #189 on: September 14, 2005, 04:42:38 PM »

Must checked the NET. Sounds like my kind of movie.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #190 on: September 14, 2005, 04:44:24 PM »

Surprising but true:  most played Cd in the house for the last month is the soundtrack from "D'Lovely".
OzDerek loved it too. We were all so expecting to NOT like it.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #191 on: September 14, 2005, 04:45:16 PM »

I shall continue with a flurry of posts.  Not a flurry with a syringe on top.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #192 on: September 14, 2005, 04:47:10 PM »

Todays' mail:  Anthology - Jody Miller, and TV soundtrack from "A Christmas Carol" (Ahrens/Menken)
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #193 on: September 14, 2005, 04:49:20 PM »

Didn't know there was a movie of that DR Ginny.
I assume it is from the the Le Carré book. I'm a fan of his writing.  His books always have so much that is not understood until near end. I have no probelm with credibility re the Drug companies and their aggresion.

Yes, DR Tomovoz, it is the LeCarre story.  I might give the book a try - it is linear?  My problem with the movie was that it jumped around, used a lot of flashbacks, and didn't fill in a lot of backstory.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #194 on: September 14, 2005, 04:51:32 PM »

DR Matthew: I received a loverly package in the mail today. THANK YOU!!

Excellant - I was ready to send a search party out for that.  Enjoy!

Ginny

« Reply #195 on: September 14, 2005, 04:52:57 PM »

Surprising but true:  most played Cd in the house for the last month is the soundtrack from "D'Lovely".
OzDerek loved it too. We were all so expecting to NOT like it.

I started listening to that CD before the movie came out and liked it very much.  I even liked the movie.

Tomovoz

« Reply #196 on: September 14, 2005, 04:53:54 PM »

Same style as all the other Le Carré books. A thinking person's Ludlum. An intelligent person's Brown.
I've not read it for a couple of years so linear???
May have been better as TV mini series like the excellent "Perfect Spy" etc.
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #197 on: September 14, 2005, 04:55:07 PM »

? 4 BK

Have you ever seen a ghost or experienced something supernatural?
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #198 on: September 14, 2005, 04:56:29 PM »

'bout time for me to leave work for the evening.  Back when I get home.

Tomovoz

« Reply #199 on: September 14, 2005, 04:56:47 PM »

I started listening to that CD before the movie came out and liked it very much.  I even liked the movie.
I enjoyed the movie too. I also enjoyed the not as well received "Beyond the Sea" (which is yet to have a DVD or theatrical release in oz). I am more likely to watch either before I would bother with ever watching "Moulin Rouge" again or even I suspect "Chicago" in the near future
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 04:58:07 PM by Tomovoz »
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #200 on: September 14, 2005, 05:00:27 PM »

Big Brother Live Feed spoilers, including discussion of HOH comp:

DR RonP, I was disappointed that Janelle was not feeling well and got dizzy and fell.  But I must say I was thrilled when Maggie fell off.  I do think that she fell, since for some reason she did not want ivette to win.

I hated that Maggie was trying to make ivette jump off. I'm happy and sort of surprised that ivette stood up to her.  For some reason maggie was trying to convince ivette that ivette could win a Q&A vs Janelle.

It's a tough call since Ivette/Maggie have both agreed that they will take each other to F2.  I'm sure that HOH comp was difficult.  But it's still better to be in control of your own destiny. So i'm glad Iv stayed.

I actually watched them for a long time last night - note to self....find a life - I was not surprised that Janelle fell off. She was standing in the goofiest position with her back bent a little and her legs bent and was gripping the key very tight. Ivette seemed the most relaxed and Maggie was doing this hopping thing. They went for hours. Looking at Janelle, I thought she is going to go first, you just can't keep your body in that position for that long.

Cillaliz

« Reply #201 on: September 14, 2005, 05:01:55 PM »

BB6:  I don't see Maggie having much support if she stands next to Ivette in the final 2.   She may get April and Jennifer's votes, but I think everyone else would vote for Ivette.

Maggie's best bet is to be standing beside Janelle (and hoping that April is still "with her")

Janelle can win standing next to either of them, IMO.  I think she will have both April's and James' vote no matter who she is with, but I'd rather see a Janelle-Ivette final two since I'd rather see either of them win over Maggie.

I'm not so sure April would vote for Janelle, she did a big turn around once the cameras were on her and the sequester house is more catty than the BB house. I think she'll go back to the "friendship" and vote for whoever is left

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #202 on: September 14, 2005, 05:12:06 PM »

I would love one, MattH.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #203 on: September 14, 2005, 05:15:36 PM »

BB6 Spoilers

Canoe says that Janelle won round 2 of the HOH competition

Danise

« Reply #204 on: September 14, 2005, 05:16:45 PM »

Top of the evening, folks!

Still working on that shirt so I can’t stay long.

DR Dan (the Man), remember that I just got a Tivo in the last month and I LOVE it!  I got mine for free.  It was a hundred dollars with a hundred dollar rebate.  

The problem your having is the same one I had.  Mine was also recording things I didn’t ask it to and I thought it was broken.  Then I found out that it makes and records “suggestions” for viewing.   You need to go into your settings and turn that off like I did.

Push your Direct TV button at the top.  You’ll be at the DirectTV Central Screen

You should see:

Now Playing List
Watch Live TV
Pikc Programs to Record
Read New Messages & Setup
Standby

Go into Read New Messages & Setup

You should see:

Read New Messages
Purchases
Settings
System Information
System Test
Troubleshooting
Restart or Reset system

Go into Settings

You should see:

Audio
Channels
Parental Controls
Phone
Remote Control
Satellite
Suggestions
Video

Go into Suggestions

You should see:

Yes, record when there’s space
No, don’t record suggestions

Pick No, don’t record suggestions

And there you have it!  No more unwanted recordings.   :)

Easy as pie.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #205 on: September 14, 2005, 05:22:32 PM »

BK, I am curious as to why the 1930s would be one of your less favorite film decades?

After the 1950s, I think the 1930s is my favorite.

For me the 1970s and 80s are my least favorite decades for films. I could probably count on one hand the films from those two decades combined that I like.

Mr. Barnum, you could probably count on one hand the films from those two decades that you have seen.
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #206 on: September 14, 2005, 05:23:39 PM »

I also Tivoed Bones and Supernatural.  I more or less listened to them while Mom watched them.  She didn't like Bones either but I liked some of the actors.  I bad with names.  Angel and the Admiral from JAG.  

I might watch a couple of shows because of them.

We both like Supernatural better.  I put a season pass on it.

Looking forward to the new Night Stalker and Invasion.  

Question for BK then I'm sorry but I have to get back to work.

What is the address of the theater your new play will be held?  

BTW, Anyone seen the new Google Earth?  That is one mighty fine program/web site.  I highly recommend giving it a look/see.

Well, I've got a shirt design to work on.  

Laters all!  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #207 on: September 14, 2005, 05:36:11 PM »

One more BB6 update.....

Ivette told Maggie that James said he would vote for Janelle in the finals!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #208 on: September 14, 2005, 05:38:35 PM »

Buster Brown Bunny Slippers.

[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
;D
[/move]
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 05:39:10 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #209 on: September 14, 2005, 05:39:24 PM »

Ask BK:

Did you ever watch THE RED TENT?  You may have already mentioned it and I forgot it in one of my drunken stupors.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up