Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: A PLETHORA OF PILES  (Read 85546 times)

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
Re:A PLETHORA OF PILES
« Reply #270 on: August 15, 2007, 07:20:59 PM »

I decided to pop in and say hey because a little bird (2 little birds, actually) shared some of BK's casting woes with me and I was curious to see how it was going with BRAIN casting.  I've been catching up and I have to say, BK, I feel for you.  The process is frustrating enough without all the insanity you've been dealing with.  If it makes you feel any better, you're not the first person who has had certain experiences with a certain performer whose name may or may not rhyme with Zandria McFardel.  I would have tried to talk you out of it.  But that's just me.

At any rate, BK, if there's anything I can do for you to make this easier, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me.  I'm sure your CD has done his best and I'm sure there are two sides to every conflict, but I have to say there are certain aspects of your casting troubles that seem really odd to me.  Naturally I'm not about to step on any toes, but I'd be happy to offer any assistance that would be helpful and appropriate.

In other news... had a great day with DR Jose at ANGRY HOUSEWIVES auditions today.  Our monitor was a delight and we had a good time listening to lots of interesting renditions of pop, rock, and country songs.  EPAs can be draining, but this was a great day thanks to having cool people to work with.  
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #271 on: August 15, 2007, 07:24:04 PM »

What time?  ...and what show?

Well, "Flashdance" is tomorrow night's "Chelsea Classics" feature at 7:00.  -We could win fabulous door prizes!

Or we could stand in the back of The Schoenfeld and watch A Chorus Line.  -The new Paul started on Tuesday.

Or we could just get dinner at Piece of Chicken and then Monkey Cake at Amy's Breads.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #272 on: August 15, 2007, 07:25:54 PM »

Jose and Joy...who's doing Angry Housewives??  I LOVE this show! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #273 on: August 15, 2007, 07:27:27 PM »

Page 10 Radish Dance....

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #274 on: August 15, 2007, 07:27:31 PM »

Well, "Flashdance" is tomorrow night's "Chelsea Classics" feature at 7:00.  -We could win fabulous door prizes!

Or we could stand in the back of The Schoenfeld and watch A Chorus Line.  -The new Paul started on Tuesday.

Or we could just get dinner at Piece of Chicken and then Monkey Cake at Amy's Breads.  ;)

Oh man, so many options!  I don't think you could go wrong with any of those - ha!  Want to touch base tomorrow once you are done and see what we feel up to?
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #275 on: August 15, 2007, 07:28:15 PM »

Joy!  What a jo delight to see you posting again.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #276 on: August 15, 2007, 07:28:19 PM »

Hi Joy!

I don't believe I've had the pleasure of making your acquaintance on here formally.
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #277 on: August 15, 2007, 07:30:12 PM »

It's not that "Angry Housewives".  DR Joy can explain it better.
Make Your Own Luck.

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #278 on: August 15, 2007, 07:30:22 PM »

It's a new production created by Dallett Norris and Phil Edwards.  Sadly, it's not the one from the 80's which included the classic "Eat Your F***ing Cornflakes", although I am trying to convince them to include that one.

From the breakdown:

THE “ANGRY HOUSEWIVES” is a girl group with attitude and a story to sing.  These five women come from all walks of life but are drawn together by one universal common bond:  MEN.  They’ve come together to rant, rave, and raise hell at the men in (and out) of their lives; but somewhere between the bruises and licks and the new beginnings they discover the joy of standing on their own two feet and reaching for their dreams.

Seeking 5 good-looking powerhouse singers with sex appeal who can handle a wide range of vocal styles.  Songs range from every decade, from the birth of rock & roll to the present.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #279 on: August 15, 2007, 07:30:37 PM »

My personal opinion is that even though he's using his vacation time so that he can be paid for it, that shouldn't really count as him still being "employed" because he's not coming back.  Why would he need to come back if he's not coming back??  Yes, I think that the employer could rightfully request he turn in the keys at the end of his last day that he's actually on the job.  

Careful, this could get tricky. If the employee resigned as of a certain date, and opts to take vacation time prior to that date, that is his due. His desire to preserve his ability to return on the last day to insure that he has left nothing behind is his perogative. If the employer denies him access, it could be interpreted that the employer has terminated the employee - Hello Court/Unemployment benefits system!  

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #280 on: August 15, 2007, 07:31:58 PM »

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks DerBrucer. I will send your response to the guy in charge of property and stuff.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 07:39:22 PM by DearReaderLaura »
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #281 on: August 15, 2007, 07:32:06 PM »

In other news... had a great day with DR Jose at ANGRY HOUSEWIVES auditions today.  Our monitor was a delight and we had a good time listening to lots of interesting renditions of pop, rock, and country songs.  EPAs can be draining, but this was a great day thanks to having cool people to work with.  

AGREED!!!

And if that "Whitney Houston" woman ever comes into another audition I'm playing, I don't know how I'm gonna stop myself from asking to see her impersonation again!  ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #282 on: August 15, 2007, 07:33:24 PM »

DR Joy - So... Do you think our monitor today is single?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #283 on: August 15, 2007, 07:34:00 PM »

Thank you TCB, it's always nice to drop in on you all!  Cason, it's a pleasure to meet the face behind THE BRAIN... at least, it's my understanding that you are a part of the cast of BRAIN, if not the ACTUAL "Brain".  Or maybe you are THE Brain... in which case, you are the BRAINS of the operation.  In which case, what does that make BK?  The man behind THE BRAIN?

....I'm assuming all these jokes have been made before, albeit probably more proficiently... ;-)

George

« Reply #284 on: August 15, 2007, 07:36:16 PM »

It's a new production created by Dallett Norris and Phil Edwards.  Sadly, it's not the one from the 80's which included the classic "Eat Your F***ing Cornflakes", although I am trying to convince them to include that one.

From the breakdown:

THE “ANGRY HOUSEWIVES” is a girl group with attitude and a story to sing.  These five women come from all walks of life but are drawn together by one universal common bond:  MEN.  They’ve come together to rant, rave, and raise hell at the men in (and out) of their lives; but somewhere between the bruises and licks and the new beginnings they discover the joy of standing on their own two feet and reaching for their dreams.

Seeking 5 good-looking powerhouse singers with sex appeal who can handle a wide range of vocal styles.  Songs range from every decade, from the birth of rock & roll to the present.

Hmmm.  Why are they confusing the issue by using a title that's already associated with an existing (and obviously well-known) show? :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #285 on: August 15, 2007, 07:36:19 PM »

Jose, I don't know about our monitor... but I definitely sensed a vibe between the two of you.  ;-)  And I think if you ever see Nicole Alesi again, you should definitely bring up the Whitney impression, time permitting.  It's pretty amazing.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #286 on: August 15, 2007, 07:37:41 PM »

Cason, it's a pleasure to meet the face behind THE BRAIN... at least, it's my understanding that you are a part of the cast of BRAIN, if not the ACTUAL "Brain".  Or maybe you are THE Brain... in which case, you are the BRAINS of the operation.  In which case, what does that make BK?  The man behind THE BRAIN?

I am not the actual Brain, but I am the man behind the Brain, in a manner of speaking, as I am his right-hand man/alien.  But indeed, BK, is the Brain of the Brain.  :D

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #287 on: August 15, 2007, 07:38:05 PM »

Hmmm.  Why are they confusing the issue by using a title that's already associated with an existing (and obviously well-known) show? :-\

Don't look at me... I just find the girls.  The rest is up to Dal and Phil.   ;)  I thought the same thing when I first heard it, though.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #288 on: August 15, 2007, 07:38:19 PM »

Jose, I don't know about our monitor... but I definitely sensed a vibe between the two of you.  ;-)  And I think if you ever see Nicole Alesi again, you should definitely bring up the Whitney impression, time permitting.  It's pretty amazing.

Well... Why else do you think I asked what his last name was? -And how he spelled it?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #289 on: August 15, 2007, 07:39:06 PM »

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks DerBrucer.

Note - that was a layman opinion - I could well be wrong, the concern should be that I might be right.

der Brucer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #290 on: August 15, 2007, 07:40:11 PM »

Well... Why else do you think I asked what his last name was? -And how he spelled it?  ;)

And he does have my card too since I gave it to him so he knew how to spell my name on the casting sheet.

Hmm... is that my cell-phone ringing?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #291 on: August 15, 2007, 07:40:33 PM »

Perhaps Cillaliz will have an opinion, although it is not within her specialty.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #292 on: August 15, 2007, 07:41:19 PM »

And I think if you ever see Nicole Alesi again, you should definitely bring up the Whitney impression, time permitting.  It's pretty amazing.

She needs to put in on YouTube!
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #293 on: August 15, 2007, 07:42:01 PM »

.. I am his right-hand man/alien...

Sounds like Karl Rove!

der Brucer

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #294 on: August 15, 2007, 07:44:04 PM »

Sounds like Karl Rove!

der Brucer

Where do you think I got my character study?

DERBRUCER

« Reply #295 on: August 15, 2007, 07:44:25 PM »

Don't look at me... I just find the girls.  

There is a name for people like you... 8)

der Brucer

George

« Reply #296 on: August 15, 2007, 07:45:40 PM »

GEORGE, how is DF MARGO doing?

She's doing well and enjoying the time off...for the time being. ::) On Saturday, she got back from Minnesota, where she visited her sister for a few days (her sister paid for the flight).  Tomorrow, we're having a luncheon at a local Mexican restaurant for her.  About 20 people have signed up to go (and fortunately, certain co-workers will not be there ;)).  Also, because she's worked here for more than 15 years, she gets a $30 gift card/certificate to some store/place of her choice and if people want, they can contribute more to the gift card.  People have contributed and the gift card is now for $110! :D

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #297 on: August 15, 2007, 07:49:28 PM »

Los Angeles is just a state of mind, not a real state.  LA refers to Louisiana.

As a rule, residents of New York City ignore the rest of the state of New York, which irks the residents of the rest of the state no end.  My mother, who was from Syracuse, and a friend of mine named Frank, who is from Buffalo, would have/will gladly attest to this.

AS a life long  resident of the great State of Long Island, people  on LI refer to  "the Island"  which is Long Island, "The City" which means  Queens, Brooklyn, the Bronx and NYC, Staten Island is always given it's full name,   and the rest is  called "upstate"... of course, in comparison the all the aforementioned areas, "upstate" is such a small little piece of NY it hardly matters..........

;D

http://nursinghomes.nyhealth.gov/pix/nycounty_w_names.png
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 07:52:00 PM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #298 on: August 15, 2007, 07:52:00 PM »

DR vixmom - .....Oh, nevermind. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.