Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: IN THE MOOD  (Read 13215 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:IN THE MOOD
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2006, 02:11:31 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]PAGE[/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]FOUR[/move]
[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
DANCE!!
[/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2006, 02:14:12 PM »

Thank you for the pelvis vibes. They wouldn't let me in to see him because I am not family. He should be ok, but he has a loooong recovery ahead.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2006, 02:19:41 PM »

I got the e-mail written to TCM about the pan and scan broadcast of THE YELLOW ROLLS-ROYCE and sent. Got an automated response e-mail saying they had received the e-mail.

The last time I wrote them, many years ago, I did receive a personlaized reply addressing my complaint. I'll be anxious to see if they've gotten too big to bother now.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

George

« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2006, 02:26:00 PM »

~~~Health Vibes All Around!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2006, 02:27:00 PM »

Time to head down to tend to some cleaning chores and then read a bit before settling in for the evening's TV programs.

The CBS comedies are all new tonight.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2006, 02:57:09 PM »

That's the name of my new act:

"The CBS Comedies Are All New Tonight"
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2006, 02:58:15 PM »

Post office was out of control - at least thirty people in line, none of them, of course, prepared.  I hate that most of all and I'm afraid I'm quite vocal about it.  How hard is it to fill out paperwork in advance (if doing delivery confirmation or certified or whatever) - they have the forms online, and it saves so much time when you're at the PO.  But, nooooo, no one is prepared (except me), and we wait and wait while they ask their inane questions and fill out their forms.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2006, 02:59:20 PM »

I have an ad from Life for "The Yellow Rolls-Royce," only it was one-third the size of a page and covered the bottom of two pages.  It's full-color, too.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2006, 03:00:52 PM »

Post office was out of control - at least thirty people in line, none of them, of course, prepared.  I hate that most of all and I'm afraid I'm quite vocal about it.  How hard is it to fill out paperwork in advance (if doing delivery confirmation or certified or whatever) - they have the forms online, and it saves so much time when you're at the PO.  But, nooooo, no one is prepared (except me), and we wait and wait while they ask their inane questions and fill out their forms.  

Be careful, please....you're too young for a stroke...and if you get quite vocal in a post office, you're likely to be the victim of a crazed someone or another.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2006, 03:43:32 PM »

Geez...more than 40 minutes since my last post...and nobody else has a thing to say?

I could take a nap right now.

George

« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2006, 03:59:14 PM »

Okay, here's something:  Right now, I'm listening to "You and I," sung by Eddie Rabbit and Crystal Gayle. :)

You asked for it. ;)

« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 04:04:32 PM by George »

Tomovoz

« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2006, 04:04:32 PM »

Is it a Rainy Night DR George.  I Love a Rainy night. With Easter next week Rabbitt does seem appropriate. Don't it make your brown eyes blue?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2006, 04:06:42 PM »

Don't you hate that when you buy a DVD that you already have!

That's why I keep a database of all our discs as they come in.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2006, 04:10:03 PM »

Is it a Rainy Night DR George.  I Love a Rainy night. With Easter next week Rabbitt does seem appropriate. Don't it make your brown eyes blue?

Even as appropriate as it is, I won't be celebrating Easter with Eddie ;)

I also like "I Love a Rainy Night" and "Don't It Make Your Brown Eyes Blue" a lot. :)

And here in Olympia, it was raining earlier today, but right now, it's quite clear with a very blue sky.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2006, 04:19:48 PM »

"I Could Take A Nap Right Now."

That's the title of my next hit single.  It features my best impersonation of Michael Bolton.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2006, 04:25:27 PM »

Well, as many guessed, the big news for der Brucer and myself is that we have a new girlfriend.

Her name is Angelina, and she is a very pretty black Lab mix, four months old.  She is one of a group of dogs that the SPCA was going to put to sleep euthanize execute.  She's still a little shy, but is adapting to her new home more quickly than we expected.  Right now, she's sitting on the couch, cuddled next to der B, swatting Mikey in play.

She's got gigantic paws!

We'll get pics posted when we get a chance.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2006, 04:26:30 PM »

Which reminds me, I've got to get my avatar changed.  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2006, 04:30:22 PM »

I should point out, Angelina is a foster puppy, our sixth.  With the exception of Bruno, who died of Parvo within a day of our rescuing him, we've had a good record in placing the dogs who have come to live with us.  Zeus, Peggy, Baxter and Benedick have all found wonderful homes.

Angie has decided that der Brucer is a most wondeful chew toy!

George

« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2006, 04:30:48 PM »

Well, as many guessed, the big news for der Brucer and myself is that we have a new girlfriend.

Her name is Angelina, and she is a very pretty black Lab mix, four months old.  She is one of a group of dogs that the SPCA was going to put to sleep euthanize execute.  She's still a little shy, but is adapting to her new home more quickly than we expected.  Right now, she's sitting on the couch, cuddled next to der B, swatting Mikey in play.

She's got gigantic paws!

Congratulations!!  She's very lucky to have been taken in by the best of all possible foster parents!  (almost a Candide reference ;))

« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 04:39:08 PM by George »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2006, 04:47:27 PM »

We need some ACTION around here, baby.  ACTION.  That's what I'M talkin' about.

Editor is still prepping things so we're starting tomorrow night, if all goes according to Hoyle.  So, tonight will be Brokeback Mountain - Miss Tammy Minoff is coming to watch it, having never seen it.  We'll sup first, of course, simply because one must.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #110 on: April 10, 2006, 05:02:53 PM »

Enjoy your movie, BK...and the company of Ms. Minoff.

Congratulations, S. Woody, on your foster girl!

Quittin' time...time to hit the highway and head for home.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2006, 05:06:30 PM »

She's got gigantic paws!

Pics, Woody, pics!  I second DRGeorge's comment.  Angelina is a lucky puppy!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2006, 05:11:55 PM »

Hi Elmore. Glad to hear about your dad. Continued helth vibes to him.

Cillaliz

« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2006, 05:14:11 PM »

Well Nilla, the abominable, came home today. He's pretty much toothless now.  Both of his Canines were loose and in bad shape and he had a back tooth that had cracked in two and half of it was gone. OUCH!!!! No wonder he was like the Abominable snowman before the dentist elf pulled his teeth.   He's very docile now. Seems to be happy, but is still a little drugged.   Callie is not too pleased he's back and is keeping her distance.

Cillaliz

« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2006, 05:18:06 PM »

He has some strange cat tooth disease that they have no idea how they get it.  He's had it for awhile and the only solution is to pull the offending teeth (they rot from the inside out).  He seems so relieved to have the teeth gone. I'm relieved he's decided to stop attacking.

Cillaliz

« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2006, 05:19:17 PM »

I had a lot of fun in trial today.  Things seemed to break my way. We broke after the fingerprint examiner did her direct. So now if I can just figure out a way around the prints, we may just have a shot at this one. LOL.. I really do love jury trials
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 05:19:55 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2006, 05:22:40 PM »

I should point out, Angelina is a foster puppy, our sixth.  With the exception of Bruno, who died of Parvo within a day of our rescuing him, we've had a good record in placing the dogs who have come to live with us.  Zeus, Peggy, Baxter and Benedick have all found wonderful homes.

Angie has decided that der Brucer is a most wondeful chew toy!

What a lucky reprieve for Angie.  I'm sure you'll find her a great home, and all the love she'll get in the meantime is fabulous

Cillaliz

« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2006, 05:25:21 PM »

TOD, when I'm starting to feel blue, I try to relax,  just be quiet. Then I read a book, disappear into a movie, or just do what's in front of me...if there is a chore or a project or anything, I just start doing it, whether I want to or not, and if all else fails.....ICE CREAM!!!!!

I do like to go for a drive. I guess any change of scenery. Maybe work in  a different room of the house, bake some cookies, buy myself a nice bunch of flowers, just pamper myself.  Vent to friends....listen to a cat purr...

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2006, 05:25:55 PM »

I'm on a frenzy!!!!!!!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #119 on: April 10, 2006, 05:28:08 PM »

Cilla, I'm glad to hear that Nilla is feeling better. This tooth thing in cats does not seem to be uncommon. We had one with teeth problems.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up