Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: CROSSING THE THRESHOLD  (Read 10291 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: CROSSING THE THRESHOLD
« Reply #180 on: January 21, 2012, 09:40:08 PM »

The fun part was when I went in the store and asked to play it.  The clerk started telling me how different it is from a c flute and when she was mid sentence I picked it up and just started playing it.  Her eyes got really big and she said she'd never seen anyone pick the alto flute up and immediately be able to play it that well.  By the look on her face, I could tell she meant it.  She said it's rare that someone tries it who has actually played an alto before.   
Sounds like the flute was telling you it needed to go home with you.

:)

OH! And then you could learn/play the first Suite for Flute and Jazz Piano Trio by Claude Bolling! ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #181 on: January 21, 2012, 09:40:28 PM »

!!!!!!!PAGE SEVEN!!!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #182 on: January 21, 2012, 09:43:24 PM »

As has been previously mentioned, dinner earlier tonight with DRs vixmom, FJL, Jason and elmore was wonderful. Thankfully, we got to Landmarc before the main dinner rush arrived - and before the noise level picked up. It was great catching up with everyone.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #183 on: January 21, 2012, 09:44:21 PM »

I'll get the pics from tonight's gathering posted tomorrow.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #184 on: January 21, 2012, 09:44:35 PM »

DR vixmom - Glad to hear you had an uneventful drive home.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #185 on: January 21, 2012, 09:54:14 PM »

The fun part was when I went in the store and asked to play it.  The clerk started telling me how different it is from a c flute and when she was mid sentence I picked it up and just started playing it.  Her eyes got really big and she said she'd never seen anyone pick the alto flute up and immediately be able to play it that well.  By the look on her face, I could tell she meant it.  She said it's rare that someone tries it who has actually played an alto before.   
Sounds like the flute was telling you it needed to go home with you.

:)

OH! And then you could learn/play the first Suite for Flute and Jazz Piano Trio by Claude Bolling! ;)

I already have the music.  A lot of it is C flute.  I was thinking the other was bass flute, but maybe you're right, maybe it's alto

Cillaliz

« Reply #186 on: January 21, 2012, 09:55:03 PM »

Just checked...it's bass flute

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #187 on: January 21, 2012, 09:55:51 PM »

As for Follies tonight...

It was another good show. Some of the performances have really deepened and sharpened over the past couple of months. Terri White's "Who's That Woman" truly stopped the show tonight - so much so, that the audience reaction and reception visibly moved her and the rest of the cast. I can't imagine what it's going to be like tomorrow.

It's still not a perfect production, but, then again, the only way to get that would be turn back the clock to 1971...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #188 on: January 21, 2012, 09:57:09 PM »

Hmmmm.... Oh... Yeah, that's right! The flutist I played it with in college wrote out the part for alto.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #189 on: January 21, 2012, 10:00:47 PM »

Hmmmm.... Oh... Yeah, that's right! The flutist I played it with in college wrote out the part for alto.

That's a good thought

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #190 on: January 21, 2012, 10:00:54 PM »

And...

Since I really do want to pop into the auditions in a couple of hours...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #191 on: January 21, 2012, 10:37:57 PM »

Well, what an adventure...NOT!  I wasn't able to go to work on Wednesday, Thursday OR Friday.  Work was cancelled on Wednesday because of the weather.  I didn't go anywhere or really do anything.  I lost power at my house Thursday morning but went to work to see if I could do anything.  Only a couple of people were there, but then the power went out at work.  I decided to go back home, but a big branch of a tree fell down at the entrance to my condo complex so no one could get in or out!  I then went to see if Costco was open and it was.  I did a little shopping there and at Fred Meyer, which is right next door.  I went back home and the tree was still down and blocking the entrance, so I went to my parents' house.  They still had power.  We played a couple of games of Scrabble (I lost both) and their power went out, so I just went home, and fortunately, the tree had been removed.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #192 on: January 21, 2012, 10:38:16 PM »

I had dinner on the way home because I didn't want to open my fridge or freezer until the power came back...it didn't that night.  I just hung around my house for a while and read.  I'm ashamed to admit that when I bought BK's "Murder at the Hollywood Historical Society," I started it, but didn't finish it.  Well, Thursday night, I started it but I was pretty tired, but I got about 50 pages read before I went to bed.  I slept pretty well up in my loft bedroom and was able to take a warm shower in the morning.  Work was cancelled on Friday (yesterday) and I still had no power.  Since I had the time, I finished "Murder at the Hollywood Historical Society"...finally. :D Later in the morning, I went to my sister's house and just watched some TV, hoping that when I went home my power would be back on, but it wasn't.  I put a Duraflame log in my fireplace and sat on my couch not quite toasty but at least, not cold.  Those things don't really put out much heat.  I figured that it was early enough that I could start to read BK's "Murder At The Masquers" (sadly, like "MATHHS," I bought it but hadn't read it), but then I just kept on reading and I finished the whole book in one sitting!  I thoroughly enjoyed both books, and it was fun to read them so close together and easily remember some of the references frm the previous book. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #193 on: January 21, 2012, 10:38:24 PM »

We're back from a smashingly (literally) entertaining live MYTHBUSTERS Show.  If they are coming to your city on tour, I highly recommend going, even if you don't watch the TV show.  They were absolutely hilarious.  I haven't laughed this hard in years.  My favorite ad lib:  Adam Savage said he had twin 11 year old sons "which is basically like living with a drunk 22 year old."

One little boy they brought up on stage cried out "We have duct tape if you need it!"  It was just incredibly funny.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

« Reply #194 on: January 21, 2012, 10:38:52 PM »

I finally was able to go to work today and get done what needed to get done...finish the fiscal year roll-over and pay some invoices.  There will still be a lot of clean-up but at least we're officially in the new year of 2012!

So, I came home today and I HAVE ELECTRICITY!!  HOWEVER, I don't have TV OR INTERNET ACCESS!!  I'm at my sister's, catching up on the posts AND notes, but it's late and I have to go home.  My sister doesn't normally stay up as late as I do.  So that's been my week. :P

George

« Reply #195 on: January 21, 2012, 10:39:42 PM »

Tomorrow, we have rehearsal for "A Bucket of Blood."  We lost three, count 'em THREE rehearsals, so we'll have to ketchup on that.  But we were told that food will be provided.  Nice. :D

So, until I get computer access at home, I hope everyone is well. 

Be back...whenever.

George

« Reply #196 on: January 21, 2012, 10:40:40 PM »

How can the Evangelical Christians be supporting Newt Gingrich?  The man has admitted to cheating on his first two wives.
Because it just doesn't matter.

Because they believe that Newt has been forgiven.

:P
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up