Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: EPIPHANY  (Read 9440 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: EPIPHANY
« Reply #150 on: January 22, 2012, 08:23:25 PM »

Page six!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #151 on: January 22, 2012, 08:25:28 PM »

'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #152 on: January 22, 2012, 08:38:23 PM »

Did I miss the photos from yesterday's HHW get-together?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: January 22, 2012, 08:49:44 PM »

I spent two hours finessing and redoing stuff, to keep it in line with my epiphany.  Once that was done, I began new pages.  And as I'd write them I just had to keep accentuating the positive.  At any point where I'd start to get whiny about something, out it came.  And then, as always happens and has happened in the case of this book in particular, the book began writing me. 

And I am happy to say that just prior to the family Hollis arriving for dinner, I wrote the last line of the book's final chapter.

We had a lovelier than lovely dinner and then I came home and began the outroduction.

And I am happy to say that I have finished a book.  523 manuscript pages in three weeks.  I am ready to crash.  Tomorrow I shall finesse, although I've already done a little of it already, and then I'll print out 223 pages, which is what I wrote in one week, and I'll deliver them to muse Margaret and hope she likes them.

I am spent.

John G.

« Reply #154 on: January 22, 2012, 08:54:52 PM »

Looking forward to reading it.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #155 on: January 22, 2012, 09:15:14 PM »

I have to say that since I've started playing the flute again, my life feels like it's back in balance.  I don't know if that makes any sense.  I grew up in an area were there were no private teachers and my band directors really weren't much into the flute, so I was really pretty self taught.   By the time I got to college, I had the tone but didn't have the technique of many of my classmates who had been getting private lessons all their lives.  In the middle of the second year,  I lost my confidence and quit music.  My flute teacher and band directors in college tried to talk me out of quitting but I wouldn't listen and wouldn't give it one more try. 

So,  that's how I became a lawyer.  Deep down, I still believe I'm a musician who practices law and now I feel like I'm getting my music back.  It really feels good.
Congratulations on your purchase and your new friend.

I met a woman today who reminds me a little of you. She runs a non-profit food truck that fees the homeless and anyone else in need of something nutritious to eat. She gathers leftover fresh produce from the farmers market and breads from several bakeries to include in her meals.

As she gets to know the regulars, she has begun to make 10 vegetarian meals and 1 vegan meal, plus numerous diabetic plates.

She is a former lawyer who left the practice years ago after losing a client on death row. She recently enrolled in culinary school and has decided her new mission is to combat hunger "one plate at a time." She drove up to Joplin last summer and fed many of the workers there right after the tornadoes.

Wow, that's amazing.  Thanks.  She's doing a lot more than me, but I appreciate you see the likeness.  I'm not giving up my day job. I'm just getting back into my music.

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: January 22, 2012, 09:15:53 PM »

Thanks JMK and John G.   

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: January 22, 2012, 11:38:54 PM »

I got an e-mail from David Levy - I'd sent him the entire section about our record label - not the very first part about the formation, but once we were up and running.  He thought it was great, and he sent me some very interesting notes.  I had the timeline wrong on about four things.  Since the book is fairly modular, I was able to just cut and paste those sections into their proper timelines - all that was very helpful.  He also added a few details and asked why I'd left certain things out, like not even mentioning the Sony reissues we did at the label.  I ended up incorporating almost all his notes, but didn't feel mentioning the reissues was important enough to slow down the trajectory of the story at that point, and while he had a couple of other interesting notes, again I felt they really weren't important enough or involved things at the end of the book when I really didn't want to be too detailed.  So, that's what I've been doing.  I'll be up at nine tomorrow to read what I wrote today (about twenty-five pages), I'll finesse whatever needs finessing and then print out the pages, Xerox them, and get them to muse Margaret.  I'm sure it will take her at least a couple of days to get through that many pages.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up