Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SODA POP  (Read 11286 times)

ChasSmith

Re: SODA POP
« Reply #90 on: August 15, 2012, 12:45:01 PM »

I might also be one of the few people who's on

PAGE 4.

ChasSmith

« Reply #91 on: August 15, 2012, 12:46:29 PM »

Or one of the very few who just a little while ago posted another book review on Amazon!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2012, 01:02:11 PM »

Jane, what was the ingredient that Root Beer now lacks?  Because it just doesn't taste as good as it used to.  I think my favourite root beer used to be Dad's Root Beer.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2012, 01:05:16 PM »

Pogue - you got your Follies, right?

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2012, 01:15:46 PM »

Jane, what was the ingredient that Root Beer now lacks?  Because it just doesn't taste as good as it used to.  I think my favourite root beer used to be Dad's Root Beer.

Was  it sassafrass or sasparilla? I know, I'm not Jane.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2012, 01:22:50 PM »

I Am Not Jane - that's the title of my next novel, a story of sexual confusion on the Isle of Martinique.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2012, 01:30:08 PM »

I Am Not Jane.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #97 on: August 15, 2012, 01:30:27 PM »

I am Ricky St. Clair.....according the DR MBARNUM's post.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #98 on: August 15, 2012, 01:30:49 PM »

I am now on my way to the 4th performance of THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE......

ChasSmith

« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2012, 01:37:25 PM »

I don't do too well with pet/street names. 

Poe Plain?  Barrett Tranquility?  Mikey Crow?

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2012, 02:18:43 PM »

I love podcasts.  I listen to several of them a week.  Topics ranging from Disney to Musical Theatre.  I love the newly found Broadway Radio podcast, especially now since I have MANY to ketchup on.

I sometimes (most of the times) forget about our Broadway Radio Show.  Here's a thought... wouldn't it be easier to make it a podcast?  One that you can either download here on HHW or get through iTunes?  Much more accessible to everyone.

ChasSmith

« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2012, 02:21:33 PM »

DR Matthew, re Disney:

Do you by any chance listen to "Inside the Magic"?  I'm only asking because I have a good friend who's addicted to it.  I've listened a couple of times.

Ginny

« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2012, 02:24:20 PM »

The volunteer administrators met today at the new Center for Tissue, Innovation and Research in Kettering, a suburb of Dayton, OH.  After our business meeting, we toured the facility and learned all about tissue donation - mostly skin and bones.  It's absolutely amazing and was made very personal for us because our former president is on the wall of life as a recipient:  Marty.

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2012, 02:36:44 PM »

Playing the stupid waiting game for Ontrac to show up at the mail place so I can go get my damn package.

Matthew

« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2012, 02:43:41 PM »

DR Matthew, re Disney:

Do you by any chance listen to "Inside the Magic"?  I'm only asking because I have a good friend who's addicted to it.  I've listened a couple of times.

Yes, from the very beginning  (2005!!)  It's not my favorite Disney podcast, but it can be informative. 

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2012, 03:25:07 PM »

I am having a craving for a soda pop. Something Black Cherry sounds so good as the temps rise towards 102 today in Salem, Oregon, 97301.

That sounds good.  Wow, it is hotter in Salem than here. 

Jane

« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2012, 03:46:34 PM »

Where was I?  Root beers.  The other reason is that there's an incredible variety of them.  My go-to, however, is actually the ubiquitous A&W.  (Got a Proustian moment about that, too.)

For diet sodas, which is mostly what I indulge in on a routine basis now, it's:  Coke Zero (a godsend), diet Dr. Pepper, Diet A&W, and I, too, like that original chemical taste of TAB.  Isn't there still a saccharine version available somewhere?

Oh, and DR MBarnum mentioned orange creme sodas.  I generally don't like creme sodas (except the occasional root beer that's especially creamy -- that's just fine).  I did like Orange Julius, very much, though -- but only the way it was made at the O.J. stands in L.A. in the 1970s.  Tried one here a couple of years ago and it was a complete waste of taste bud expenditure.

Tab was the only diet drink I could tolerate.

I remember going to the A & W drive-in.  I never liked their root beer.  Baskin Robbins had a root beer I thought was exceptional.  I'm not sure what they have now is the same formula.

You are right about today's Orange Julius.  They haven't been good for years.  You can make your own, and it is even better than the original Julius's.  Pour Orange juice over vanilla ice cream, add a little vanilla, and beat. 

Jane

« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2012, 03:57:30 PM »

I was told this soooo long ago I don't remember.  Maybe it was the guy at BR's when I asked why it didn't taste good anymore.  I was going to guess sassafras after a google search which stated the FDA banned sassafras root bark in 1960 because of its high content of safrole; tests showed the compound was carcinogenic in rats. 

Can you remember when the taste changed?  I thought it was still good until later in the 60's.

Jane

« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2012, 04:00:05 PM »

The demolition crew scooped out part of the cable/wires that connect to our AC.  It wasn't their fault as Keith didn't think he needed to warn them about the wires.

It should be re-connected tomorrow.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2012, 04:04:31 PM »

The storms kept no one from arriving in Dublin today, so Kim Criswell and Jim Cleverton arrived safely. The cast is all here, and they are really wonderful. We had a good rehearsal this afternoon, broke for a 30 minute snack and went back to run all of the numbers that hadn't been touched.

After that, David the conductor, Kim, and I went to dinner and closed a pub. It's midnight in Dublin and I am going to bed.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matthew

« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2012, 04:09:22 PM »

Such an awesome day, Larry.  Enjoy your rest :)

Jane

« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2012, 04:16:46 PM »

DITTO!

FJL

« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2012, 04:36:54 PM »

The storms kept no one from arriving in Dublin today, so Kim Criswell and Jim Cleverton arrived safely. The cast is all here, and they are really wonderful. We had a good rehearsal this afternoon, broke for a 30 minute snack and went back to run all of the numbers that hadn't been touched.

After that, David the conductor, Kim, and I went to dinner and closed a pub. It's midnight in Dublin and I am going to bed.

Good night. Larry!

Jane

« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2012, 04:52:03 PM »

It is getting rather warm in the house.  With the heat, dust, & smoke we don't want to open the windows.  The coolest room in the house is our bathroom, as if that does us a lot of good.

John G.

« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2012, 05:02:25 PM »

Enjoy yourself, Elmore.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #115 on: August 15, 2012, 05:03:07 PM »

Had to take a nap when I got home from work. Need to scrounge up something for dinner.
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #116 on: August 15, 2012, 05:06:57 PM »

Prepare to laugh, but Something For Dinner here is KFC (f.k.a. Colonel Sanders' Kentucky Fried Chicken) chicken fingers.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 05:12:32 PM by ChasSmith »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: August 15, 2012, 05:09:36 PM »

Having been born and raised on the West Coast, the drink was always called pop to me.  It was only when I moved to New Jersey that I had to get used to calling it soda (or in NJ - "soder").  When my dear mother came east in the middle of August to visit me, she learned the lesson quickly.  Stepping into a McDonald's in the Village, she checked the reader board and saw on the lists of sodas, that they had Root Beer.  When they handed her the cup, she looked at it and said, "Where's the ice cream?"  I don't know who was more confused, my mom or the McDonald's employee. 

<A Root Beer Soda!>
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: August 15, 2012, 05:09:43 PM »

Funny, I just had two small fried chicken breasts from Popeye's - I've been craving them for about a year and today was the day - but I told them no biscuits, so without the biscuits it's less than three hundred calories a breast.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: August 15, 2012, 05:11:05 PM »

Jose, I am so sorry to read about the loss of your friend.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up