Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SODA POP  (Read 11287 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: SODA POP
« Reply #120 on: August 15, 2012, 05:12:21 PM »

Page Five!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2012, 05:13:14 PM »

I just ran into Annalene, her mother, and her 6-month old baby Harry, who is the cutest, most adorable child I've seen in some time. I want to take him back to New York with me. Annalene says she could use the rest.

Wouldn't a cat be cheaper?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2012, 05:15:32 PM »

Having been born and raised on the West Coast, the drink was always called pop to me.  It was only when I moved to New Jersey that I had to get used to calling it soda (or in NJ - "soder").  When my dear mother came east in the middle of August to visit me, she learned the lesson quickly.  Stepping into a McDonald's in the Village, she checked the reader board and saw on the lists of sodas, that they had Root Beer.  When they handed her the cup, she looked at it and said, "Where's the ice cream?"  I don't know who was more confused, my mom or the McDonald's employee. 

<A Root Beer Soda!>

Funny, except......

That would have been a root beer float.  Soda would be the ice cream or sherbet with soda water.

Danise

« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2012, 05:28:33 PM »

Danise - i know it's silly, but I have my note to be sending mental vibes at 10:30.  They may not help, but know that there's love for you coming from NYC.
  Thank you so much for the thoughts and the love DR FJL!   :)  I have to say that I think the interview went very well.  I may have to go back for a 2nd interview because they said they had called a lot of people on the list and will be narrowing it down to the top five.  Then they will call them in for the final interview.   

Not to brag, but I wouldn't be very surprised if I was among the five.  :) 

I found out the job would be in the benefits section of the Sheriffs office.  One thing she mentioned was they want someone who could do presentations of the benefits. That's right up my alley and I was quick to tell her that. 

Anyway I have time to think about it.  I won't know anything until late next week about the second interview but I was promised I would be called either way.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2012, 05:30:33 PM »

How very nice to see DR Charles Pogue posting.  You were missed! :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2012, 05:31:17 PM »

Thank you all for good wishes about the job.  We shall see what we shall see but I am hopeful!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2012, 05:38:56 PM »

Good morning to all.

I hope everyone has a great day.

As for me I am in the traveling mode. I am off to Montreal to see the folks and will be back on Monday. Of course I will checkin as much as I can.

Have a safe extended weekend, Mike!
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2012, 05:39:34 PM »

Vernor's has had such a cult following over the years, thanks to its unavailability in the places so many people from the Midwest have moved to.  And boy, talk about the pleasure of sipping from a chilled glass bottle -- there was nothing like that first "sting" of Vernor's, for the longest time the only ginger ale to actually have the taste of ginger.

Nowadays, the many "ginger beers" on the market have a much stronger bite and fuller flavor than Vernor's, but it's still a nostalgic treat to have it when I'm in Ohio.

Vernors used to be my ginger ale of choice, but in the last ten years or so, I've preferred Canada Dry.

Here's a question for BK or anyone?  Does anyone else think that sodas do not taste as good from a can as when they all came out of a bottle?  I'm drinking some Barq's root beer right now and I remember this stuff tasting a whole lot better when I was a kid and drank it from a bottle.  Is it my aging taste buds or is it the lack of a bottle?
I think the metal in the can makes them taste funny.

I also gave up on sodas (well ok very rarely have them) and can't believe how bad the colas taste.  However, they are good for cooking.  The meat turns out very tender.

My soda of choice (when I do have one) is either Sprite, 7 UP or Ginger Ale.  Root Beer and Cream Soda are also good but I can't remember the last time I had one.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

FJL

« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2012, 05:40:00 PM »

Danise - Was there any trouble getting any for the time on the phone?

FJL

« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2012, 05:40:38 PM »

Travel vibes to Mike Shayne

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2012, 05:41:00 PM »

Danise - i know it's silly, but I have my note to be sending mental vibes at 10:30.  They may not help, but know that there's love for you coming from NYC.
  Thank you so much for the thoughts and the love DR FJL!   :)  I have to say that I think the interview went very well.  I may have to go back for a 2nd interview because they said they had called a lot of people on the list and will be narrowing it down to the top five.  Then they will call them in for the final interview.   

Not to brag, but I wouldn't be very surprised if I was among the five.  :) 

I found out the job would be in the benefits section of the Sheriffs office.  One thing she mentioned was they want someone who could do presentations of the benefits. That's right up my alley and I was quick to tell her that. 

Anyway I have time to think about it.  I won't know anything until late next week about the second interview but I was promised I would be called either way.

Good luck!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2012, 05:41:20 PM »

And Happy Hump Day vibes for all of us.

Oh, I wish!
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2012, 05:41:33 PM »

The winners of the annual Bulwer-Lytton bad writing contest have been announced, and there's a San Antonio man with hilarious entry:

http://huff.to/RPsQ1Z

The entry just below that is from Edmonds, Washington. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Danise

« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2012, 05:41:41 PM »

TOD:

I don't recall having a particular favorite soda as a kid. My parents only bought it when we went camping or I would have it when we went out to the pizza parlor. Pepsi, Coke, Dr Pepper, Orange Crush, the various Shasta flavors, whatever was around, I drank it. At home all we usually had was Kool-Aid.

As a teen I developed a preference for Pepsi and it is still my favorite. Next to Pepsi, Dr. Pepper is my favorite, although I can count on one hand the times I have actually had a soda of any type in the last 10 years. My beverage of choice now is usually water, decaf coffee, or tea.

My beverage of choice is the same as yours.  I also don't drink any sport drinks or anything like Red Bull.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2012, 05:42:26 PM »

Vernor's has had such a cult following over the years, thanks to its unavailability in the places so many people from the Midwest have moved to.  And boy, talk about the pleasure of sipping from a chilled glass bottle -- there was nothing like that first "sting" of Vernor's, for the longest time the only ginger ale to actually have the taste of ginger.

Nowadays, the many "ginger beers" on the market have a much stronger bite and fuller flavor than Vernor's, but it's still a nostalgic treat to have it when I'm in Ohio.

Vernors used to be my ginger ale of choice, but in the last ten years or so, I've preferred Canada Dry.

Here's a question for BK or anyone?  Does anyone else think that sodas do not taste as good from a can as when they all came out of a bottle?  I'm drinking some Barq's root beer right now and I remember this stuff tasting a whole lot better when I was a kid and drank it from a bottle.  Is it my aging taste buds or is it the lack of a bottle?

It's been a long time since I've had any soda from a glass bottle, but I don't really like plastic bottles.  They warm up the soda too quickly.  I drink a lot of diet Pepsi in cans, but for the most part, both diet Coke and diet Pepsi are very good from fountains...although I do prefer diet Pepsi.

George

« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2012, 05:42:54 PM »

My Ask BK Question

What is the ratio of single sales vs vendors of a title like the Strange Love of Martha Ivers?
Would a title be able sell out if you only sold to individuals?

Soundtrack sales are always mostly to vendors.  I'd love to do a test once with a great title and just offer it exclusively on the site, but then I'd lose the vendors.  For shows, though, it's 90% site to vendors, which is why I love doing the shows.

BK, are there any show releases coming that you might be able to hint at...other than what you mentioned on the podcast??

George

« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2012, 05:43:34 PM »

I had an addiction to Pepsi which I finally got under control years ago.  After that I drank Orange Crush until my stomach protested and I had to give up all fizzy drinks.  Pepsi now has mini cans & once in awhile I'll treat myself to half a mini can.

My aunt will open a can of cola and put it in the fridge until it's no longer fizzy. :-\

She's always done it that way...it's how she likes it. 

Danise

« Reply #137 on: August 15, 2012, 05:43:54 PM »

Thank You all for the condolences. I just checked on Facebook, and it was nice to see so many posts about Jimmy's passing from friends, colleagues and teachers.
  So sorry about your loss, DR Jose.  We have a lady at work who just lost her husband today.  Sad that the doctors thought he was going to make and told her so but then he went down hill very fast.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

« Reply #138 on: August 15, 2012, 05:46:26 PM »

Thank You all for the condolences. I just checked on Facebook, and it was nice to see so many posts about Jimmy's passing from friends, colleagues and teachers.
  So sorry about your loss, DR Jose.  We have a lady at work who just lost her husband today.  Sad that the doctors thought he was going to make and told her so but then he went down hill very fast.

Danise, that's terrible!

Danise

« Reply #139 on: August 15, 2012, 05:48:00 PM »

Believe me, no one wants to upgrade more than I.  I want video and better audio capability.  I want it less cumbersome.  I want to go back to our interviews.  I've been wanting all of it for years.  But that's what happens when you are so ahead of this game that what you began with, which was very cutting edge back in 2001, is a dinosaur by 2012.
That's ok BK.  This is STILL the best site on the internet no matter how fast or slow it is. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #140 on: August 15, 2012, 05:48:13 PM »

Thank you all for good wishes about the job.  We shall see what we shall see but I am hopeful!
Great news, Danise. Glad the interview went well.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2012, 05:49:32 PM »

Travel vibes to Mike Shayne
Ditto.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2012, 05:51:49 PM »

Well, I ended up with sauteed squash and flash-fried okra with almonds. Delish.
― Voltaire

Danise

« Reply #143 on: August 15, 2012, 05:52:24 PM »

Danise - Was there any trouble getting any for the time on the phone?
  No, I just took my break and it may have run over a bit (about 10 minutes) but no one said anything.  I would have put it down as vacation time if I had to.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #144 on: August 15, 2012, 05:53:31 PM »

Off to rehearsal and a very exciting meeting after!!!

Danise

« Reply #145 on: August 15, 2012, 05:53:55 PM »

Danise, that's terrible!
  Yes it is.  I'm not sure what the surgery was for but they say that anything can go wrong when you are put under.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #146 on: August 15, 2012, 05:54:44 PM »

Off to rehearsal and a very exciting meeting after!!!
  Here's to the exciting meeting!!!!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #147 on: August 15, 2012, 05:55:17 PM »

Great news, Danise. Glad the interview went well.
  Thank you, DR John G!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #148 on: August 15, 2012, 05:56:54 PM »

Well, I ended up with sauteed squash and flash-fried okra with almonds. Delish.
  The does sound good except for the Okra.  I always think about okra being slimy.  I know it's not always that way but first impressions with a veggie tend to stick with me.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #149 on: August 15, 2012, 05:57:28 PM »

When I was very young, the only pop we had was Kool Aid or Fizzies.  The first actual pop (in bottles) was Honey-Dew, which came in assorted flavors like cherry, orange, cream soda, etc.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up