Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TIME AFTER TIME  (Read 14616 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: TIME AFTER TIME
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2010, 05:02:11 PM »

THANKFULLY,

PAGE FOUR!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2010, 05:03:07 PM »

I am trying to think of something witty or something interesting, but I am at a loss.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2010, 05:03:47 PM »

Hello, Kevin H, jump in anytime!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2010, 05:03:59 PM »

I guess they gave up their contract with the pet stores here in town. So now they would go into the general population at the shelter. I would like to keep them out of the shelter and at the adoption bus. The adoption bus lady has Mondays and Tuesdays off, so they are home until she gets back on Wednesday.

Will they go back and forth between you and the bus until they are adopted?  I'm very sorry they won't be affiliated with the pet stores anymore. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2010, 05:05:44 PM »

I don't think our local shelter fixes any of the kittens until they know they are going to be adopted.
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2010, 05:07:14 PM »

They fix the fosters because no one would foster if we weren't assured they would be adopted. They used to put them in the Petco / Petsmart places. They gave up that contract in October, she said.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2010, 05:10:15 PM »

Apparently, GLEE has gotten on board with the ripped from the headlines theme this week.  This week's episode deals with bullys.  Or is it bullies?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2010, 05:11:32 PM »

They fix the fosters because no one would foster if we weren't assured they would be adopted. They used to put them in the Petco / Petsmart places. They gave up that contract in October, she said.

That is too bad.  Although, I don't really think it is much better than the shelters.  A cage is still a cage.
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2010, 05:13:24 PM »

Yes. However, if they go to the shelter they would be exposed to sick animals.

Myrtle-Belle was lucky because we were available to take her in for a couple weeks to get over a cold.

KevinH

« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2010, 05:16:11 PM »

Hello, Kevin H, jump in anytime!

Hello TCB!  Just catching up. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2010, 05:18:58 PM »

Good morning.

I slept well enough, but was plagued by a seemingly continuous dream about the changing landscape of Pittsburgh.
I was working with catering folk from Carnegie Mellon in downtown Pittsburgh where there were Christmas Gift Buses being set up on the main streets downtown.  Double-decker buses decorated it red, green and gold, where people were boarding to get their gifts wrapped.
I had to leave downtown as my shift was over, but, I realized I did not have my car with me, so I took public transportation, which was a roller coaster around the suburbs of Pittsburgh.  There was also a tour guide aboard who was pointing out the sites along the way as well as the neighborhoods.  We went through a triple tunnel carved out of a mountain and crossed a river where we told we all had to disembark and travel the rest of our routes on foot.  I thought it very odd that I would have to walk twenty some miles to get home even though it was a bright sunshiny day.
From the point of the three rivers, I decided I would go a little piece up the Allegheny, where I would be able to get a ride from someone who worked at one of the restaurants I had worked at: Red Fin Blues.
To get to the restaurant, I had to make a leap off of a cliff-face into which a video store had been "carved."  The leap was astonishing smooth, as I landed on the flat metal awning of the video store, which had plastic sheets covering its windows.
I walked a couple of blocks to the open-air restaurant, sat down and was served by the naked owner:  well, the only nakedness I saw was his back, his legs and his torso - no face, no full-frontal, but, nude and serving several tables.  He served me a deep-fried key chain, with one key still intact.
I took the key with me, hugged the owner, thanking him and began the long trek home.

Have at that, dear readers!

A very strange dream indeed, td.  I like the deep-fried key chain.  Be careful where you post this dream.  If Tim Burton sees it, it could be his next film.

I wonder if George has a deep-fried keychain in his collection?

I'm still looking for a good one to send to him...maybe I should deep fry one, lol

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2010, 05:21:45 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Today I attempted to play "call me Cillaliz." There was some cleaning, tossing, and organizing that was overdue, and I keep trying to get to it. I knew I couldn't do it all today, but I did manage to do the first pass, plus the laundry. Of course, if I was in true Cillaliz fashion, there'd be painting and a few dozen other chores as well. Mine was a mini, mini tornado.

Cillaliz

« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2010, 05:21:49 PM »

Just bought a ticket to the Brian Boitano Skating Spectacular with Heart (the rock band).   It's being filmed here and will play on the 26th of December.  I have a good seat, but not an "on the ice" seat like I did for the only other skating show I went to.  I wasn't going to go, but decided it will be a nice Christmas present to myself.  I'm excited

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2010, 05:25:00 PM »

I enjoyed the pics from the recent HHW J&B get-together. Everyone looked great, and Amy looked radiant. She must feel quite happy over her new "baby." I don't recall seeing pics of Mamasaurus before; that was a nice addition.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2010, 05:25:12 PM »

Having served his time with the Marine Corps, a man  became a school teacher and before school started he injured his back.

He was required to wear a plaster cast around the upper  part of his body.

Fortunately, the cast fit under his shirt and  wasn't even noticeable.

On the first day of class, he found himself assigned to  the toughest students in the school.

Walking confidently into the  rowdy classroom, he opened the window wide and sat down at his  desk.

When a strong breeze made his tie  flap, he took a stapler and stapled the tie to his chest.

He  had no trouble with discipline that year... SEMPER FI

“One thing’s universal,

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2010, 05:26:01 PM »

The skating show sounds like fun.

Cillaliz

« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2010, 05:26:26 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Today I attempted to play "call me Cillaliz." There was some cleaning, tossing, and organizing that was overdue, and I keep trying to get to it. I knew I couldn't do it all today, but I did manage to do the first pass, plus the laundry. Of course, if I was in true Cillaliz fashion, there'd be painting and a few dozen other chores as well. Mine was a mini, mini tornado.

LOL Jeanne!  I do tend to do it in tornado style.  I'm either doing 50 things or none.   I did do the garage and outside stuff today.  It was a lot of work, but it's in the 70s outside and I wanted to be outside and do it when it's warm not when it's 20 degrees and I have to do it NOW.  I still have to deal with some leaves, but other than that I'm ready for winter. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2010, 05:27:18 PM »

Having served his time with the Marine Corps, a man  became a school teacher and before school started he injured his back.

He was required to wear a plaster cast around the upper  part of his body.

Fortunately, the cast fit under his shirt and  wasn't even noticeable.

On the first day of class, he found himself assigned to  the toughest students in the school.

Walking confidently into the  rowdy classroom, he opened the window wide and sat down at his  desk.

When a strong breeze made his tie  flap, he took a stapler and stapled the tie to his chest.

He  had no trouble with discipline that year... SEMPER FI

I love it!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2010, 05:27:43 PM »

Good grief!  I have taken to posting e-mail jokes!
“One thing’s universal,

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2010, 05:28:05 PM »

TTFN. I need a nap!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2010, 05:29:05 PM »

Just bought a ticket to the Brian Boitano Skating Spectacular with Heart (the rock band).   It's being filmed here and will play on the 26th of December.  I have a good seat, but not an "on the ice" seat like I did for the only other skating show I went to.  I wasn't going to go, but decided it will be a nice Christmas present to myself.  I'm excited

When are you going to the skating?
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2010, 05:31:50 PM »

They film the skating here on December 16th . It will be aired on TV on the 26th

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2010, 05:34:11 PM »

I went ahead and put the DVDs away. Now I'm going to watch the DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES OF ATLANTA, although I'm really ready for bed.

I must say, I'm really enjoying LET ME IN. If anyone would like a vampire novel with some real twists, I recommend it heartity. I want to finish it so I can watch the Swedish film version.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2010, 05:34:31 PM »

Brian Boitano's sister lives near the lakes where I used to live.  The best story was when his niece used to go to school and tell people he was her uncle and they didn't believe her.  So one day she brought him to show and tell.   I would have loved to see the faces that day. lol

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2010, 05:34:42 PM »

Come on, Cilla, we don't need no stinking page four!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2010, 05:35:22 PM »

DR Elmore, is it a Swedish novel or just a Swedish movie version?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: November 07, 2010, 05:36:56 PM »

It is a very slow Sunday!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #117 on: November 07, 2010, 05:39:29 PM »

I don't think our local shelter fixes any of the kittens until they know they are going to be adopted.

At our shelter you have to sign a contract that you will get the animal neutered or spayed within 30 days, they call and ask if you've done it.  They called the other day and I told them the vet won't do it until he's done with his ringworm treatment and the girl said "Oh, did he have ringworm?"  I've only told them 3 times already.   she's probably a volunteer and wouldn't know that, but it irritated me.

Laura

« Reply #118 on: November 07, 2010, 05:42:02 PM »

Here you choose your animal, and then they keep it until it is spayed/neutered. The fostered animals don't get fixed until the end of the week so that those adopted on the weekend can go to their new homes Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday.

Laura

« Reply #119 on: November 07, 2010, 05:42:42 PM »

I'm sure they didn't put that in his notes, since he got adopted, Cillaliz. Still, how annoying.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up