Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: YELLOW SUBMARINE IN RED GAP  (Read 13759 times)

ChasSmith

Re: YELLOW SUBMARINE IN RED GAP
« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2012, 03:08:43 PM »

PAGE 6.

Danise

« Reply #151 on: June 06, 2012, 03:11:51 PM »

Evening all.  Not much to say tonight but I hope DR TCB feels better and vibes of all kinds to everyone!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2012, 03:13:59 PM »

Make what you will of this one, JR:  I took a nap today and had a dream where Betsy came home and crawled into bed with me and told me she had taken a part time job at Subway making sandwiches.  At almost the same moment we noticed a raccoon had gotten inside and was menacing a cat in our bedroom.  I got up and tried throwing stuff at the raccoon, and ultimately found a pyrex baking pan which I held upside down, trying to "bisect" the raccoon with the edge.  Then I awoke.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2012, 03:15:17 PM »

Oh, and the raccoon had a broken back, so its hind legs were stretched out in back of it.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2012, 03:21:41 PM »

Evening all.  Not much to say tonight but I hope DR TCB feels better and vibes of all kinds to everyone!

Yes,  getting there.  Thank you.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2012, 03:22:59 PM »

Oh, and the raccoon had a broken back, so its hind legs were stretched out in back of it.

I think this dream is going to cost more than $35.00.
“One thing’s universal,

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2012, 03:44:54 PM »

Hello, everyone.

All sorts of Health Vibes to Jane! I hope the new hearing aids work out really well.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2012, 03:45:21 PM »

Continued feel-better vibes to TCB. And to all DRs in need.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: June 06, 2012, 03:47:01 PM »

In today's San Francisco Chronicle:

Public Eavesdropping

"I don't think lesbians can be necrophiliacs."

Woman, apparently a student of human behavior, overheard at Rathskeller at Union College in Schenectady, N.Y., by Hillary Bauer

Now, tell me, DR ChasSmith, just where did you obtain this sort of information before you joined HHW?   ;)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: June 06, 2012, 03:48:25 PM »

You are right DR JANE - sometimes the cost is covered by private insurance - but there is no Medicare/SS coverage for hearing aids.

And you are correct again - when adults begin to experience hearing loss, they also begin to tune out the world around them.

Not my Aunt Ruth.  You just knew when you went to visit her, the heat would be at 90, and the volume on the TV would be maxed out.

When you live alone you had max out the tv and heat. 

Why do you think I live alone?

Doesn't Nicky have a vote?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #160 on: June 06, 2012, 03:51:59 PM »

You are right DR JANE - sometimes the cost is covered by private insurance - but there is no Medicare/SS coverage for hearing aids.

And you are correct again - when adults begin to experience hearing loss, they also begin to tune out the world around them.

Not my Aunt Ruth.  You just knew when you went to visit her, the heat would be at 90, and the volume on the TV would be maxed out.

When you live alone you had max out the tv and heat. 

Why do you think I live alone?

Doesn't Nicky have a vote?

Nope!
“One thing’s universal,

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2012, 03:56:00 PM »

I know, I know; I am a sucker for these tears-inducing You Tube Clips from the audition rounds of Britain's Got Talent.  This clip of Jonathan & Charlotte perfroming for the first time in front of Simon and the other judges, is for me the best of the clips.  A lot of people prefered The Prayer when they did it on the Finals of BGT (also on YouTube), but 15 million hits tend to diisagree.

The clip is seven minutes long, but I think, if you haven't already seen it, it is well worth your time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsNlcr4frs4

TCB, are you watching "America's Got Talent"?  THIS guy has a voice (NOT what anyone expected from his appearance ;)).  He's self-taught and has never performed in front of anyone before.

He seems sincere and certainly has a fine voice. He said his days of being an outcast are over. I'm just guessing, but perhaps his style of dress has something to do with that. Of course, maybe all his friends dress like that, too. Howard Stern seemed quite tame in comparison.

Jennifer

« Reply #162 on: June 06, 2012, 03:56:17 PM »

Sad news (or maybe not) for JRand:

Debra Messing files for divorce

I don't think she ought to get any spousal support.  Surely she makes as much, if not more, than he does.

I don't think that she should get spousal support either. Why would she if she was making more than him?

Spoiler I guess if you haven't watched SMASHED and plan to. But interesting who it said she was supposedly dating. Life imitating tv!

You know, Jennifer, the show might have had even higher ratings if they had used your title.

:)

Not sure why i put that title. What did DR Cillaliz call it one time? I think hers was funnier.

Jennifer

« Reply #163 on: June 06, 2012, 03:57:03 PM »

Of course it also made us cry.

That pin is so beautiful.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: June 06, 2012, 03:57:48 PM »

;D

;D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #165 on: June 06, 2012, 03:59:01 PM »

I thought that last year's TONY AWARDS BROADCAST was broadcast live on the West Coast?  Oh well, this year it is on tape delay.  Great!

I don't live on the West Coast so i can't be sure. But I don't think that the Tony awards were broadcast live.  It sort of makes more sense to show them in prime time so more people can watch.

If people posted I suspect they either just made comments without saying actual winners. Or else BK said he didn't care?

I for one cannot wait to watch. Not sure if i'll be able to post. But i'll probably have my kindle with me. So i should be able to write something.

I'll have to join the party late. :( I usher/work concessions at a local performing arts center and I told them that I was available on that Sunday.  They've been so desperate for both ushers and concessionaires this whole month, and I didn't think about what else was going on that day, so they signed me up to work concessions starting at 10:30 a.m.  The first show starts at noon and I will need to be there for all four, count 'em FOUR performances!  I'll get to leave for breaks/meals, but it's not what I would've agreed to if I had realized exactly what day it was. :P

At least it's not also Father's Day.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: June 06, 2012, 04:00:05 PM »

Interesting insights from JRand on hearing loss. A touching story about your nephew.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #167 on: June 06, 2012, 04:05:20 PM »

I know, I know; I am a sucker for these tears-inducing You Tube Clips from the audition rounds of Britain's Got Talent.  This clip of Jonathan & Charlotte perfroming for the first time in front of Simon and the other judges,

The clip is seven minutes long, but I think, if you haven't already seen it, it is well worth your time.

He was shaking so bad I don't think he could have sung without her.  Thanks for the clip.

Jane

« Reply #168 on: June 06, 2012, 04:06:45 PM »

I know, I know; I am a sucker for these tears-inducing You Tube Clips from the audition rounds of Britain's Got Talent.  This clip of Jonathan & Charlotte perfroming for the first time in front of Simon and the other judges, is for me the best of the clips.  A lot of people prefered The Prayer when they did it on the Finals of BGT (also on YouTube), but 15 million hits tend to diisagree.

TCB, are you watching "America's Got Talent"?  THIS guy has a voice (NOT what anyone expected from his appearance ;)).  He's self-taught and has never performed in front of anyone before.

I am not a fan of Gothic look but it worked on him.  I think it was the eyes.  I like the comments towards him after he sang.  Thank you for the clip.

Jane

« Reply #169 on: June 06, 2012, 04:07:40 PM »

;D  It was rather frightening.

Jane

« Reply #170 on: June 06, 2012, 04:08:56 PM »

Hello, everyone.

All sorts of Health Vibes to Jane! I hope the new hearing aids work out really well.

Thank you.  I hope at my next appointment the quality of sound for voices can be improved.  Keith does keep commenting that I'm hearing him when I couldn't before.

Jane

« Reply #171 on: June 06, 2012, 04:10:29 PM »

Of course it also made us cry.

That pin is so beautiful.

Thank you.  It is very small which I like for this.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #172 on: June 06, 2012, 04:10:45 PM »

I am not a fan of Gothic look but it worked on him.  I think it was the eyes.  I like the comments towards him after he sang.  Thank you for the clip.

I assume  that he must have been wearing contact lenses.  They worked on him with the dark eye makeup, but very strange.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #173 on: June 06, 2012, 04:11:29 PM »

DR JMK there was a story in the Ashland paper about students going to China.  I wonder if Zack will meet any of them.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #174 on: June 06, 2012, 04:13:21 PM »

DR JMK there was a story in the Ashland paper about students going to China.  I wonder if Zack will meet any of them.

Probably.  China is a pretty small country.   ;)
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #175 on: June 06, 2012, 04:14:00 PM »

I assume  that he must have been wearing contact lenses.  They worked on him with the dark eye makeup, but very strange.

IMHO, his eyes were too light & the wrong color for contacts.  Clear contacts today have a light blue tint that could brighten the blue in his eyes a little bit but not much else. 

Jane

« Reply #176 on: June 06, 2012, 04:14:34 PM »

Probably.  China is a pretty small country.   ;)

;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: June 06, 2012, 04:15:18 PM »

Had an omelet and a bagel for lunch, picked up a few packages, and did a little work when I got home.  The woman at the Drama Bookshop is a mess - unfocused and ill prepared.  TODAY she asked for information about the event - the event that she said okay to EIGHT weeks ago.  She JUST ordered books today (hopefully they'll arrive in time), she acts as though we promised to have singers when I never said anything other than if I could find a couple of people who were free they'd come and sing (and I haven't been able to - which is another story for another day).  I was within an inch of telling her to cancel.  Everything seems okay now, but I can't really expect her to get the word out at this late date.  She apparently has no memory of how thrilled she was at the last event.  What a bore.

Jane

« Reply #178 on: June 06, 2012, 04:22:17 PM »

:(   

GOOD LUCK & VIBES!!!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: June 06, 2012, 04:26:52 PM »

Here he is singing Ave Maria:

rickey.org/andrew-de-leon-ave-maria-video/