Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: YELLOW SUBMARINE IN RED GAP  (Read 13757 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: YELLOW SUBMARINE IN RED GAP
« Reply #180 on: June 06, 2012, 04:28:45 PM »

Had an omelet and a bagel for lunch, picked up a few packages, and did a little work when I got home.  The woman at the Drama Bookshop is a mess - unfocused and ill prepared.  TODAY she asked for information about the event - the event that she said okay to EIGHT weeks ago.  She JUST ordered books today (hopefully they'll arrive in time), she acts as though we promised to have singers when I never said anything other than if I could find a couple of people who were free they'd come and sing (and I haven't been able to - which is another story for another day).  I was within an inch of telling her to cancel.  Everything seems okay now, but I can't really expect her to get the word out at this late date.  She apparently has no memory of how thrilled she was at the last event.  What a bore.

Was that Rozanne?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #181 on: June 06, 2012, 04:29:11 PM »

Had an omelet and a bagel for lunch, picked up a few packages, and did a little work when I got home.  The woman at the Drama Bookshop is a mess - unfocused and ill prepared.  TODAY she asked for information about the event - the event that she said okay to EIGHT weeks ago.  She JUST ordered books today (hopefully they'll arrive in time), she acts as though we promised to have singers when I never said anything other than if I could find a couple of people who were free they'd come and sing (and I haven't been able to - which is another story for another day).  I was within an inch of telling her to cancel.  Everything seems okay now, but I can't really expect her to get the word out at this late date.  She apparently has no memory of how thrilled she was at the last event.  What a bore.

That is a shame. You deserve a large crowd for this signing.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #182 on: June 06, 2012, 04:30:50 PM »

That's a shame. When I was managing large projects in the corporate world, I'd often carefully explain an assignment to one of my staffers on Tuesday, only to find they had NO memory of it on Wednesday or Thursday. I called it the Midnight Brain Dump. And these were bright people! It can be most disheartening.

Laura

« Reply #183 on: June 06, 2012, 04:33:09 PM »

Today we went to Tonto Creek. I poured some water onto the sand and sat back and waited for the butterflies to come and sip up minerals from the damp sand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQvMH8CEjSw&feature=youtu.be
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #184 on: June 06, 2012, 04:35:57 PM »

He toned down the Gothic look for tv. :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: June 06, 2012, 04:36:20 PM »

I have to say, BK, I wish the event weren't at The Drama Book Shop. I really have not wanted to go back since i left there in 1997.

DR JRand61, I asked Dominic about the hairpiece story, since he knows more about the show than anyone. He just answered me:
I've never found proof of that one, though there are plenty of cuttings/letters about other events. The weekend when they all lost their voices is a particularly good one.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #186 on: June 06, 2012, 04:41:45 PM »

Today we went to Tonto Creek. I poured some water onto the sand and sat back and waited for the butterflies to come and sip up minerals from the damp sand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQvMH8CEjSw&feature=youtu.be

That is amazing.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #187 on: June 06, 2012, 04:43:37 PM »

He toned down the Gothic look for tv. :)

I  was hoping he was filming AvaMaria at home on Halloween night.
“One thing’s universal,

KevinH

KevinH

« Reply #189 on: June 06, 2012, 04:46:33 PM »

I know, I know; I am a sucker for these tears-inducing You Tube Clips from the audition rounds of Britain's Got Talent.  This clip of Jonathan & Charlotte perfroming for the first time in front of Simon and the other judges, is for me the best of the clips.  A lot of people prefered The Prayer when they did it on the Finals of BGT (also on YouTube), but 15 million hits tend to diisagree.

The clip is seven minutes long, but I think, if you haven't already seen it, it is well worth your time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsNlcr4frs4

That was great, TCB!

KevinH

« Reply #190 on: June 06, 2012, 04:48:13 PM »

Speaking of the Tony Awards, of all nights Kristin Chenoweth is performing at Constitution Hall Sunday!  What to do?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #191 on: June 06, 2012, 04:58:06 PM »

Speaking of the Tony Awards, of all nights Kristin Chenoweth is performing at Constitution Hall Sunday!  What to do?

That's easy, Kevin, you invite Kristin over to your place to watch the Tonys.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 05:19:22 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #192 on: June 06, 2012, 05:31:46 PM »

Hamlet the Pg overcomes his fears.

http://jezebel.com/5916095/teeny-tiny-pig-overcomes-his-fear-of-stairs-to-get-to-a-bowl-of-delicious-oatmeal
Cute!

Keith said exactly what I expected him to say "Let's get a pig".  I told him I'm not sharing my bed with a pig, but then maybe I would.  I don't think they shed.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: June 06, 2012, 05:35:32 PM »

I guess she wasn't asked to present or be a winner!

KevinH

« Reply #194 on: June 06, 2012, 05:49:31 PM »

That's easy, Kevin, you invite Kristin over to your place to watch the Tonys.

I guess we'd be back in time for the West Coast Tony party on HHW!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #195 on: June 06, 2012, 05:58:01 PM »

I just received the most wonderful  package from DR MBarnum.  I guess I will have to brush up on my Hindi.  Thank you so much, Mr. Barnum, I am very grateful.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #196 on: June 06, 2012, 05:59:00 PM »

I know, I know; I am a sucker for these tears-inducing You Tube Clips from the audition rounds of Britain's Got Talent.  This clip of Jonathan & Charlotte perfroming for the first time in front of Simon and the other judges, is for me the best of the clips.  A lot of people prefered The Prayer when they did it on the Finals of BGT (also on YouTube), but 15 million hits tend to diisagree.

The clip is seven minutes long, but I think, if you haven't already seen it, it is well worth your time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsNlcr4frs4

That was great, TCB!

Thanks, I thought so, too.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #197 on: June 06, 2012, 06:10:58 PM »

If you are a Ray Bradbury fan or not I think you will enjoy this tribute to him written by Pat Morrison.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-ray-bradbury-critic-20120607,0,393346.story

Be sure not to miss the photos.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #198 on: June 06, 2012, 06:19:08 PM »

Well, I'm off.  I'm heading up to Tacoma to see some friends that I haven't seen in quite a few years. :D

I hope traffic's not too bad.  We're supposed to meet at 7:00 and leaving now will give me a little extra time.  It should only take about 30 or so minutes without problems.

Be back later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

ChasSmith

« Reply #199 on: June 06, 2012, 06:20:54 PM »

If you are a Ray Bradbury fan or not I think you will enjoy this tribute to him written by Pat Morrison.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-ray-bradbury-critic-20120607,0,393346.story

Be sure not to miss the photos.

That takes me to one by David L. Ulin, Los Angeles Times Book Critic.  Is this correct?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 06:24:16 PM by ChasSmith »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: June 06, 2012, 06:33:10 PM »

Was that Rozanne?

No, it's someone else - whoever it was last time - Nancy something.  Disgusting.  So, hopefully our East Coasters can post and tweet about it - that will help more than anything she's going to do.  Last time it was much smoother, they had the book in the window for a few weeks and sent out a huge eBlast.

Cillaliz

« Reply #201 on: June 06, 2012, 06:35:23 PM »

Oh DR CILLA LIZ - it is not the Venus transit that is causing things - it is Neptune turning retrograde!  We have to catch up to ourselves and others and maybe return to an earlier path.

Well, everything is going well since the transit, lol.  Maybe I shouldn't have asked. :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #202 on: June 06, 2012, 06:40:28 PM »

Sad news (or maybe not) for JRand:

Debra Messing files for divorce

I don't think she ought to get any spousal support.  Surely she makes as much, if not more, than he does.

I don't think that she should get spousal support either. Why would she if she was making more than him?

Spoiler I guess if you haven't watched SMASHED and plan to. But interesting who it said she was supposedly dating. Life imitating tv!

You know, Jennifer, the show might have had even higher ratings if they had used your title.

:)

Not sure why i put that title. What did DR Cillaliz call it one time? I think hers was funnier.

I think I called it SPLASH

Cillaliz

« Reply #203 on: June 06, 2012, 06:41:49 PM »

Hello, everyone.

All sorts of Health Vibes to Jane! I hope the new hearing aids work out really well.

Thank you.  I hope at my next appointment the quality of sound for voices can be improved.  Keith does keep commenting that I'm hearing him when I couldn't before.

Wonder what he's been saying that you can't hear :)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #204 on: June 06, 2012, 07:00:08 PM »

Today I reviewed THE WAYWARD BUS and THE SPACE CHILDREN.  My days are so very, very full.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #205 on: June 06, 2012, 07:01:08 PM »

Why have the thumbnails on eBay suddenly gotten so big?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #206 on: June 06, 2012, 07:14:00 PM »

'night.

I'm off to try a different setting while I watch tv.  I hope I hear better tonight than I did last night.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #207 on: June 06, 2012, 07:53:45 PM »

Oh, and the raccoon had a broken back, so its hind legs were stretched out in back of it.

I think this dream is going to cost more than $35.00.

;D  It was rather frightening.

I KNOW!!  Imagine working at Subway!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #208 on: June 06, 2012, 07:55:40 PM »

Today I got out of work by 7 and  Vixdad arrived home right after I did -  The Vixter is out for the night so Vixdad offered to take me to IHOP for dinner

vixmom

« Reply #209 on: June 06, 2012, 07:56:24 PM »

and I managed to promptly pour my entire cup of freshly poured coffee on my lap

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up