Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BACK IN THE SWING OF THINGS  (Read 9966 times)

ChasSmith

Re: BACK IN THE SWING OF THINGS
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2012, 02:09:28 PM »

Just to be safe... VIBES all around!

Michael

« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2012, 02:11:35 PM »

Legend of Hell House is one of the great horror films along the lines of The Haunting (Robert Wise) if Hell House was ever remade they's soup it up like the remake  of the Haunting with Catehrine Zeta Jones. People won't see a movie without CGI effects.
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2012, 02:22:52 PM »

Had a sandwich and no fries or onion rings, picked up one package and an important envelope, did some banking, and am now home.  Just spent thirty minutes on the phone with Apple Care - when we did the last update for Safari, naturally they had to totally screw up the way it used to work and what I'm used to, i.e. if I was on this site, and clicked on a link, I would be taken to whatever the link site was.  Then by using the back arrow I'd be back at our site.  Apparently that was too easy, so now the back arrow can't be used to get back - instead it opens the second link in a tab and you have to click on the previous tab to get back.  It's just relearning, but how stupid.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2012, 02:23:42 PM »

no bill vibes for Elmore
Indeed. Many doses of bill vibes.

~~~DITTO, TOO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2012, 02:24:23 PM »

Sony is looking at turning "Tootsie" into a musical. Yawn.

TOOTSIE's not written yet, but the parody lyric's done, if anyone has a minute for the NY Times comment box.

[just no "Ughs" - that means your staff especially, Jeffrey, you don't want anyone annoying Mr. L again, he's so protective of the people in his department]

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/23/sony-pictures-the-latest-studio-to-make-broadway-push/

Great lyrics, Fred!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2012, 02:27:01 PM »

Sony is looking at turning "Tootsie" into a musical. Yawn.

TOOTSIE's not written yet, but the parody lyric's done, if anyone has a minute for the NY Times comment box.

[just no "Ughs" - that means your staff especially, Jeffrey, you don't want anyone annoying Mr. L again, he's so protective of the people in his department]

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/23/sony-pictures-the-latest-studio-to-make-broadway-push/

Great lyrics, Fred!

Thanks, George!

George

« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2012, 02:58:41 PM »

Ben

« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2012, 03:36:16 PM »

Larry, sorry to hear about the HMO crap. I hope it can be worked out to your favor.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2012, 03:42:21 PM »

I believe Aine took this photo of Stephen Rea recording the Finale from the chorus loft. He's on the left in black, next to Karl Harpur in orange.

Now I am confused.  In your pictures yesterday you identified those two gentlemen in reverse order.  And since I don't know either one of them, I took it that Karl was the one in black and that Stephen Rea was in orange.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2012, 03:46:03 PM »

I'm off to see a production of Chicago in which a friend of mine is playing Velma.  Their Mary Sunshine walked a few weeks ago and instead of re-casting, they wrote the character out.  I don't hold up much hope for this production.  I'm already falling asleep!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2012, 04:00:21 PM »

Now I am confused.  In your pictures yesterday you identified those two gentlemen in reverse order.  And since I don't know either one of them, I took it that Karl was the one in black and that Stephen Rea was in orange.

Stephen Rea is 66; Karl is about 31. Have you never seen Stephen in THE CRYING GAME? What a great movie!

I also posted a photo of me with Karl and Karl with Judy our producer.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 04:10:03 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2012, 04:01:14 PM »

I'm off to see a production of Chicago in which a friend of mine is playing Velma.  Their Mary Sunshine walked a few weeks ago and instead of re-casting, they wrote the character out.  I don't hold up much hope for this production.  I'm already falling asleep!!

Is anyone singing Mary Sunshine's song?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2012, 04:05:48 PM »

Here's Karl today clebrating his work visa!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2012, 04:07:13 PM »

no bill vibes for Elmore

DITTO!!!

This isn't the first time I've seen a problem like this.  It is scary this can happen.  I know someone who went to the emergency room at his approved hospital only it seems the contracted ER doctor wasn't part of the insurance.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2012, 04:08:59 PM »

Page Four?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2012, 04:09:35 PM »

The rest of rehearsal went well, and the production team seemed to like me, so that was good. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2012, 04:10:28 PM »

I biked home, and now I'm trying to figure out what I want for dinner. I started the day with smoked salmon and eggs. I think I'll be finishing it with some hamachi and toro.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2012, 04:10:53 PM »

~~~~~HMO COVERAGE VIBES FOR DR ELMORE~~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2012, 04:13:51 PM »

...That reminds me of the time when Blue Cross/Blue Shield would not cover an emergency room visit I had. The reason: "You weren't admitted to the hospital." -Even though the doctor spent a good hour of "active" time on me, including ordering three major tests since he could not figure out what was happening. -This was part of my "mystery allergy" - which, alas, remained a mystery.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2012, 04:18:07 PM »

...And there was another ER visit I had to contest - again, on the grounds that it was not a true emergency since I was not admitted. However, thankfully, the doctor mentioned in his chart that he had had a group of medical students come in while I was in the examination room - they were on rounds. He even asked them what they thought could be causing my allergic reaction. -I developed hives all over my body and my blood pressure went through the roof. An epi-pen helped return me to normal, but no specific trigger was ever found. In the meantime, since I could prove that for 20 minutes first year med students were giving possible diagnoses... ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2012, 04:20:05 PM »

I hope that company still includes "Mary Sunshine" in their cast list. Otherwise, if the licensing house's "clippings service" gets wind of what they did, well... Not good.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2012, 04:22:13 PM »

Oh, no!  Jerry Nelson, The Count on ‘Sesame Street,’ Dies.

:'(

Someone on Twitter posted the following tweet in reactio this announcement...

-And, yes, it could be considered in bad taste, but.... ;)

"One foot underground... Ha ha ha ha... Two feet underground... Ha ha ha ha... Three feet underground..."

::)

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2012, 04:24:02 PM »

We know more about the shooting: a former employee of a store near the Empire State Building at 33rd Street waited to shoot the manager. After he shot his victim, all hell broke loose. Some of the victims may have been wounded by police in the return fire.

There was a series of harrassment complaints from both victim and shooter, and this was a battle going on for about a year.

And there was a shooting in Brooklyn(?) last night where a street vendor thought another street vendor was honing on his turf, so he took out a gun and started firing. Two people were injured. Thankfully, two cops were in the area and had the situation under control in a very short amount of time.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2012, 04:24:33 PM »

OK...

Time for sushi.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2012, 04:37:40 PM »

I hope that company still includes "Mary Sunshine" in their cast list. Otherwise, if the licensing house's "clippings service" gets wind of what they did, well... Not good.

There was a major production of Company in Australia a few years ago where this happened...here's what the Wikipedia entry says:

2007 Australian production

Kookaburra Musical Theatre mounted a production directed by Gale Edwards in Sydney in June 2007, starring David Campbell as Bobby, with a cast including Simon Burke, Anne Looby, James Millar, Pippa Grandison, Katrina Retallick, Tamsin Carroll and Christie Whelan. The show was well-received, and Sondheim travelled to Australia for the first time in thirty years to attend the opening night. However, the production caused major controversy when Whelan was out sick for one performance and (with no understudy) Kookaburra chief executive Peter Cousens insisted the show be performed anyway, but without the character of April. This involved cutting several numbers and scenes with no explanation, and that night's performance ended twenty minutes early. Following complaints from the audience, there was considerable negative press attention to the decision, and Sondheim threatened to revoke the production rights for the show.

FJL

« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2012, 04:39:25 PM »

We know more about the shooting: a former employee of a store near the Empire State Building at 33rd Street waited to shoot the manager. After he shot his victim, all hell broke loose. Some of the victims may have been wounded by police in the return fire.

There was a series of harrassment complaints from both victim and shooter, and this was a battle going on for about a year.

And there was a shooting in Brooklyn(?) last night where a street vendor thought another street vendor was honing on his turf, so he took out a gun and started firing. Two people were injured. Thankfully, two cops were in the area and had the situation under control in a very short amount of time.

This is the world we live in.

And people on castrecl tell me that when a person I do not know

posts creepy imposing images of gravestones; posts announcements online that "FRED LANDU is dead"; posts "Ugh" in the NY Times comments to  a Molly Ringwald parody (of all things) in a manner that has to take insanely circuitous steps to go out of his way to keep his identity from being detected; insists that he knows me personally and that I "consider him a friend": and directs at me a lyric
"I wanna stick pins your eyes...
In short
I really hope you die"
People there have the audacity to tell me that I cannot read and that I am reacting to something that is not there, when all I ask is that the owner of a chat board (Ann Miner and Mike Reynolds) who knows the person's identity just assure me that the person is not a madman.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 04:42:05 PM by FJL »

Jane

« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2012, 04:50:05 PM »

So that was the story I briefly saw on the news while at the gym.

Jane

« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2012, 04:51:31 PM »

This is the world we live in.

And people on castrecl tell me that when a person I do not know

posts creepy imposing images of gravestones; posts announcements online that "FRED LANDU is dead"; posts "Ugh" in the NY Times comments to  a Molly Ringwald parody (of all things) in a manner that has to take insanely circuitous steps to go out of his way to keep his identity from being detected; insists that he knows me personally and that I "consider him a friend": and directs at me a lyric
"I wanna stick pins your eyes...
In short
I really hope you die"
People there have the audacity to tell me that I cannot read and that I am reacting to something that is not there, when all I ask is that the owner of a chat board (Ann Miner and Mike Reynolds) who knows the person's identity just assure me that the person is not a madman.

???

FJL

« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2012, 04:59:05 PM »

That is what's going on.  that's why I'm finding it so odd that people are rallying around that Ann Miner - not even fair IMHO to describe her as a feelimngperson based on the lack of human responsibility, more like an animal in terms of behavior here in this case, just a cold, unfeeling, intractable unfeeling being.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 05:02:40 PM by FJL »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2012, 05:21:21 PM »

That is what's going on.  that's why I'm finding it so odd that people are rallying around that Ann Miner - not even fair IMHO to describe her as a feelimngperson based on the lack of human responsibility, more like an animal in terms of behavior here in this case, just a cold, unfeeling, intractable unfeeling being.

I'm not taking sides, but don't you think she's being intractable because of the anonymity of the AllThatChat posters? Like that situation recently with Facebook?

I'm sorry that you are working yourself into such a state, DR FJL, but I think you're letting some creep drive you mad for his personal amusement and you're giving him a fantastic show. You've got to stop obsessing over this for your own piece of mind. Otherwise, file a suit against Ann Miner, and if you do, I hope you win it. I don't think she's giving up any names without a subpoena.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up