Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: WRY TOAST  (Read 16299 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: WRY TOAST
« Reply #150 on: September 16, 2011, 09:01:12 PM »

THE PRIVATE FILES OF J. EDGAR HOOVER:

I saw that when it first came out.

It was an interesting movie and, if I recall correctly, Broderick Crawford delivered one of the beat performances he's given in years.
Always wanted to see that movie. It never played Louisville when I was growing up.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #151 on: September 16, 2011, 09:01:20 PM »

Page six!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #152 on: September 16, 2011, 09:02:49 PM »

I'm listening to an old album The Divine Miss M. I just put a bunch of CDS on my computer at the office so I'll be listening to many different things, as well as my usual appointment with Desmond Carrington at 2pm on BBC 2. I'll listen to the last of Simon Mayo and then ease into Mr. Carrington who broadcasts from his home in Scotland.
I'm listening to an old album The Divine Miss M. I just put a bunch of CDS on my computer at the office so I'll be listening to many different things, as well as my usual appointment with Desmond Carrington at 2pm on BBC 2. I'll listen to the last of Simon Mayo and then ease into Mr. Carrington who broadcasts from his home in Scotland.

Desmond Carrington

I'm reading many books, via my Sony Reader. I'm reading the Kay Thompson bio (Larry read that earlier). I'm reading the new Wendy Wasserstein bio. I'm reading some early Nora Ephron books/essays plus I have lots of early classics that I never read or read a LONG time ago and I'm going back to them.

We have no viewing plans this weekend.
Just bought the Kay Thomspon bio at the Borders sale. Post your thoughts, please. I remember Elmore's. I doubt I'll get to it for a couple of months.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #153 on: September 16, 2011, 09:04:09 PM »

What fun DR Elmore!

Thank you, DR MBarnum! I expect you to puchase and love the cast album!
Can't wait for the album.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #154 on: September 16, 2011, 09:05:41 PM »

In other news...

I was just browsing the DRG Records website (for the first time in a long time), and noticed that there seems to be some sort of site-wide Sale going on. -Unless they're just listing their direct-from-the-manufacturer prices. I did notice that purchases are handled by myMusicandVideo.com -Has any DR dealt with them?
I have bought from them over the years with no problems and have received an email of a sale with some sort of code. If you want the code, send me your e-mail.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #155 on: September 16, 2011, 09:06:59 PM »

Food and wine tonight but not enough food. Ugh.
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #156 on: September 16, 2011, 09:48:23 PM »

Good Evening!

It was nice to have a full house again tonight. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #157 on: September 16, 2011, 09:50:38 PM »

In other news...

I was just browsing the DRG Records website (for the first time in a long time), and noticed that there seems to be some sort of site-wide Sale going on. -Unless they're just listing their direct-from-the-manufacturer prices. I did notice that purchases are handled by myMusicandVideo.com -Has any DR dealt with them?
I have bought from them over the years with no problems and have received an email of a sale with some sort of code. If you want the code, send me your e-mail.

I used to order from DRG semi-regularly since I always found their mail order prices cheaper than any in-store sale prices. I also seem to recall them having a very nice end of the year everything-is-on-sale sale. As for the code... Hmmm... You could PM me. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

« Reply #158 on: September 16, 2011, 09:55:43 PM »

In other news...

I used to order from DRG semi-regularly since I always found their mail order prices cheaper than any in-store sale prices. I also seem to recall them having a very nice end of the year everything-is-on-sale sale. As for the code... Hmmm... You could PM me. :)
Done.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #159 on: September 16, 2011, 09:56:14 PM »

Good Evening!

It was nice to have a full house again tonight. :)
So glad to hear of sell-outs. Hope the audiences for JRand are good this weekend as well.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #160 on: September 16, 2011, 09:56:50 PM »

We actually had thunder, lightening and rain this morning. It was so strange. I heard the thunder and it's been so long that I thought people were moving their trash cans in the street.
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #161 on: September 16, 2011, 10:02:24 PM »

And...

Since my parents are coming down in the morning so we can celebrate the birthday of my niece, Alyssa, before I head in for my matinee...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #162 on: September 16, 2011, 10:29:54 PM »

I'm glad you had rain, John. Did you get much?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

John G.

« Reply #163 on: September 16, 2011, 10:36:51 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #164 on: September 16, 2011, 10:37:15 PM »

I'm glad you had rain, John. Did you get much?
A decent amount, probably 1/2 inch. Nothing to quell the drought, however.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: September 16, 2011, 10:43:18 PM »

If anyone can shed some light on the public page for Kritzerland that has disappeared, I would appreciate it. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: September 16, 2011, 10:43:43 PM »

Back from a screening of The Ghastly Love Of Johnny X.  More about that later.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #167 on: September 16, 2011, 11:03:21 PM »

Don't know what happened to the public page for Kritzerland, but it simply disappeared off the face of Facebook.  What is WITH that place?  I started a new page, so go "like" it.
Done.

Done, too.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #168 on: September 16, 2011, 11:32:37 PM »

So, I get home and I'm on the computer but then my connectivity to the Internet is crapping out...it's connected, then it's not, then it's connected, etc., ad nausium...just like last week!  The lights on my modem are going all wonky (a technical term) and not the steady lights that they're supposed to be.  I call Comcast and they talk me through everything they did last week, when I had to have someone come out and look at my computer (and then they couldn't do anything).  AND by now all the lights are acting the way that they're supposed to...and Comcast says that they are able to get a signal and my modem is working fine.  Crap.

So, I called Larry (my sister's boyfriend who took my computer after the Comcast guy who came to my house couldn't do anything) and it turns out that the box that he unchecked and made my Internet work, was checked again!  He talked me through where it was and the instant that I unchecked it, I had Internet access again!  WEIRD!!  We don't know what causes it to be checked or why it's even there, but I now know how to uncheck it, if it happens again.  And if it continues to happen, he said that I could uninstall whatever it is that has the checkbox.

:P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #169 on: September 16, 2011, 11:44:27 PM »

Very strange, George.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

« Reply #170 on: September 17, 2011, 12:09:29 AM »

Very strange, George.

And VERY irritating...but at least I know what to try if it happens again.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up