Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: HICCUP  (Read 14606 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: HICCUP
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2011, 01:45:27 PM »

And I have just now purchased my very first Kindle book!  What else, but Benjamin Kritzer: a novel [Kindle Edition]!

8)

Congrats on the free Kindle!!

Jane

« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2011, 01:47:54 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE DS OF DR LAURA & DB OF DR SANDRA!

To translate for NDR(new dear reader) Doug, I wished the DS (dear son) of DR (dear reader) Laura & DB (dear brother) of DR (dear reader) Sandra a happy birthday.

Jane

« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2011, 01:48:25 PM »

I need to get ready to leave for PT (physical therapy). 

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2011, 01:48:51 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Rehearsal is about to wrap up. The dance captain is just giving notes now.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2011, 01:49:24 PM »

And my hands are frozen! Damn that A/C! ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2011, 01:49:56 PM »

Good morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I have understudy in about three hours.

I hope he is nice looking.

They all are.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2011, 01:51:02 PM »

Might be of interest to some NYC HHW'ers.  He was a friend of my friend Margo Lemberger.

http://www.randallwreghitt.com/

I know some people speaking and singing at his memorial today. Truly a life that ended too soon.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2011, 02:15:06 PM »

Very nice DR GEORGE.....I have Kindle PC....

Thanks, Jack!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2011, 02:15:23 PM »

And I have just now purchased my very first Kindle book!  What else, but Benjamin Kritzer: a novel [Kindle Edition]!

8)

Congrats on the free Kindle!!

Thanks, Jane!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Doug R

« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2011, 02:44:12 PM »

To translate for NDR(new dear reader) Doug, I wished the DS (dear son) of DR (dear reader) Laura & DB (dear brother) of DR (dear reader) Sandra a happy birthday.

Thank you Jane. Obviously I need to learn and master this complex new language. I'm not very good at languages (I've tried and failed to learn French on numerous times) but I'll do my best.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2011, 02:44:57 PM »

A news story about this bullied teenage suicide and his parents' work to pass an anti-bullying act in New York was on the news tonight. How do parents let their kids pull this awful behavior?
http://www.kindnessabovemalice.org/meet-kameron/
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Doug R

« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2011, 02:47:24 PM »

It's getting late here in 'lil old London town so, after an exciting day meeting all you great people, I'll say goodnight.

MBarnum

« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2011, 03:02:43 PM »

Night Doug!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2011, 03:16:40 PM »

In 1982 or 1983, a friend of mine from the Men's Chorus introduced me to his friend Sam Irvin, who was looking for a composer for a film he was producing. Sam didn't hire me because I had no sound studio experience, and he rightly felt, for the economics and time involved, that I was too inexperienced. My friend, who was a wonderful guy, a University of Texas theatre alumni, and Valerie Mahaffey's best friend, moved to San Francisco. we spoke on the phone once while he was living there, around 1984 or so, and I lost touch with him. For over ten years I've tried to find him through the U of Texaas Alumni - no info on his full name or graduating date, no dice - the internet, Classmates, and it's been a frustrating situation. Jimmy was one of those theatre folk who hung out in my Saturday salons at Theatrebooks and my biggest fear was that he had died.

I just located him on Facebook through Sam Irvin's friends, and I am so happy to have found one more missing part of my life. Still more friends to find . . .
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2011, 03:17:16 PM »

And there are some - I'm not pointing fingers, DR MBarnum - who won't go away!

George

« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2011, 03:46:00 PM »

In 1982 or 1983, a friend of mine from the Men's Chorus introduced me to his friend Sam Irvin, who was looking for a composer for a film he was producing. Sam didn't hire me because I had no sound studio experience, and he rightly felt, for the economics and time involved, that I was too inexperienced. My friend, who was a wonderful guy, a University of Texas theatre alumni, and Valerie Mahaffey's best friend, moved to San Francisco. we spoke on the phone once while he was living there, around 1984 or so, and I lost touch with him. For over ten years I've tried to find him through the U of Texaas Alumni - no info on his full name or graduating date, no dice - the internet, Classmates, and it's been a frustrating situation. Jimmy was one of those theatre folk who hung out in my Saturday salons at Theatrebooks and my biggest fear was that he had died.

I just located him on Facebook through Sam Irvin's friends, and I am so happy to have found one more missing part of my life. Still more friends to find . . .

Very nice, Larry!

Ginny

« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2011, 03:47:00 PM »

Book group ladies due in fifteen minutes - bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2011, 03:54:28 PM »

Well, there's good news and bad news and we're not sure how the bad news will end up playing out, so do keep those excellent vibes and xylophones coming strong.

The good news is that Image Entertainment has no problem with the rights to the documentary reverting back to me.  The bad news is that I apparently did NOT sign a seven-year licensing agreement, I signed a TEN year licensing agreement.  Why I would have done so is anyone's guess, because I know that seven years was what was discussed.  I probably didn't even look at the contract when I signed it.  So, in the worst case scenario, we have to postpone our release until June of 2012, about eight months from now.  If that's what has to be then that's what has to be and I'll put the word out.

But I sent them a long, impassioned e-mail asking if there was any way to bring this to a happy conclusion so that we could meet our release date, as to not do so will cause me much grief and hardship.  Of course, no one gets back quickly so I have no idea how long it will be until I get a response - I do know that the fellow I know there is coming back on Monday and I'm hoping he can stop them from taking the hard line.

Basically, what I told them is that they only have this for DVD and VHS, neither of which I'm releasing on.  I also told them that they actually have not been selling this anywhere for over a year - it's only available through third-party sellers and seems to be going for a premium price these days.  Hence, they really don't have anything to lose by signing off  eight months early.  I'd let them have a year instead of the contractual six months to sell off any stock - but they have no stock - this I know because every time I've had to order DVDs they have to make them for me.  They've made a nice chunk of change on the DVD and since the DVD market is basically dead, they really would not have many more sales.

So, I've asked them to please think about it and that I am happy to listen to any and all suggestions as to how we can all be comfortable and happy in ending our agreement seven months early.  I'm hoping someone there has a heart, but we shall see what we shall see.  Even if it involved a small payment to them, it would be worth it just to keep this on track.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2011, 04:00:17 PM »

Well, there's good news and bad news and we're not sure how the bad news will end up playing out, so do keep those excellent vibes and xylophones coming strong.

The good news is that Image Entertainment has no problem with the rights to the documentary reverting back to me.  The bad news is that I apparently did NOT sign a seven-year licensing agreement, I signed a TEN year licensing agreement.  Why I would have done so is anyone's guess, because I know that seven years was what was discussed.  I probably didn't even look at the contract when I signed it.  So, in the worst case scenario, we have to postpone our release until June of 2012, about eight months from now.  If that's what has to be then that's what has to be and I'll put the word out.

But I sent them a long, impassioned e-mail asking if there was any way to bring this to a happy conclusion so that we could meet our release date, as to not do so will cause me much grief and hardship.  Of course, no one gets back quickly so I have no idea how long it will be until I get a response - I do know that the fellow I know there is coming back on Monday and I'm hoping he can stop them from taking the hard line.

Basically, what I told them is that they only have this for DVD and VHS, neither of which I'm releasing on.  I also told them that they actually have not been selling this anywhere for over a year - it's only available through third-party sellers and seems to be going for a premium price these days.  Hence, they really don't have anything to lose by signing off  eight months early.  I'd let them have a year instead of the contractual six months to sell off any stock - but they have no stock - this I know because every time I've had to order DVDs they have to make them for me.  They've made a nice chunk of change on the DVD and since the DVD market is basically dead, they really would not have many more sales.

So, I've asked them to please think about it and that I am happy to listen to any and all suggestions as to how we can all be comfortable and happy in ending our agreement seven months early.  I'm hoping someone there has a heart, but we shall see what we shall see.  Even if it involved a small payment to them, it would be worth it just to keep this on track.

Ten years ago, Blu-Ray didn't exist so it isn't in your contract. Since this is Blu-Ray, not standard DVD, and if the original is Out of Print, why should they care?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 04:02:24 PM by elmore3003 »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2011, 04:26:08 PM »

They could conceivably also say that I can't release it until their six-month sell-off period is over - which is a year from December.  None of this is making me very happy right now and I may have to consult an attorney if they don't seem amenable to doing it.  They're reading of the contract is that they have exclusive rights to distribute the title - my reading is that those rights are limited to DVD and VHS. 

George

« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2011, 04:28:27 PM »

They could conceivably also say that I can't release it until their six-month sell-off period is over - which is a year from December.  None of this is making me very happy right now and I may have to consult an attorney if they don't seem amenable to doing it.  They're reading of the contract is that they have exclusive rights to distribute the title - my reading is that those rights are limited to DVD and VHS. 

Give 'em hell, Harry!

;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2011, 04:40:37 PM »

I'd sent them a funny e-mail just now - basically saying that I hoped someone would get back to me sooner than later otherwise they'd have an elderly Jew's heart attack on their heads.  I got a call back immediately thereafter from the gal who'd written me in the first place, and she was laughing - she said they'd had a meeting and decided they would allow me to put the blu-ray out as scheduled and by the end of the day today I should have an e-mail to that effect, that I can then forward to the replication folks - that e-mail will also say they're signing off on the documentary to be included.  So, hopefully all's well that ends well.

KevinH

« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2011, 04:51:20 PM »

Looks promising, BK!

George

« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2011, 04:51:38 PM »

I'd sent them a funny e-mail just now - basically saying that I hoped someone would get back to me sooner than later otherwise they'd have an elderly Jew's heart attack on their heads.  I got a call back immediately thereafter from the gal who'd written me in the first place, and she was laughing - she said they'd had a meeting and decided they would allow me to put the blu-ray out as scheduled and by the end of the day today I should have an e-mail to that effect, that I can then forward to the replication folks - that e-mail will also say they're signing off on the documentary to be included.  So, hopefully all's well that ends well.

Hoo and Ray!!

KevinH

« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2011, 04:52:06 PM »

Welcome, DR Doug R!

KevinH

« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2011, 04:54:52 PM »

We've had a taste of autumn in the DC area.  The temperature this afternoon was almost 30 degrees lower than yesterday afternoon.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2011, 05:01:21 PM »

I'll rest easier when I have the e-mail, but I don't think they'd go back on their word now.

Jane

« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2011, 05:09:23 PM »

Thank you Jane. Obviously I need to learn and master this complex new language. I'm not very good at languages (I've tried and failed to learn French on numerous times) but I'll do my best.

I assure you this is much easier than learning another language, something I'm also terrible at.

Jane

« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2011, 05:13:26 PM »

DR Doug, one of our tradition's around here is sending vibes for people in need.

VIBES TO AN EX-NEIGHBOR OF MINE WHO IS MISSING!!!!

One of his daughter's just chatted (through FB) with me & told me.  He is in L.A. & was my neighbor for several years when I was 18 until a couple of years after I was married. 

FJL

« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2011, 05:14:52 PM »

Great news, Bruce!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up