Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FINAL MAY DAY  (Read 11587 times)

Ginny

Re: THE FINAL MAY DAY
« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2012, 11:36:31 AM »

That auto museum building looks like a giant tongue being stuck out.

Exactly what I thought.

My reaction, exactly!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2012, 11:36:45 AM »

Welcome to page 4!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2012, 11:38:33 AM »

DR CHAS SMITH - the widow of AIP's James H. Nicholson......Susan Hart Hofheinz holds the rights to THE AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN, I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF, I WAS A TEENAGE FRANKENSTEIN, and IT CONQUERED THE WORLD....and is prohibiting any kind of DVD release because of HUGE $$$$$ demands.

There were Columbia Drive In VHS releases of all of them......so you might be able to find those.....if you're lucky.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

ChasSmith

« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2012, 11:39:23 AM »

Oh, so it's one of those!  I knew about the TEENAGE ones, not the others.

Doug R

« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2012, 11:46:41 AM »

I'm still without a fridge/freezer. The repairman came today and decided it was too big a job. The repair is now booked for 8 days time! I'll have to carry on eating out for another week.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2012, 11:48:41 AM »

Bryan did make kind of a funny preview....this is the dummy with some spelling errors....but funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_WGkLrwLlY&feature=youtu.be

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2012, 11:49:03 AM »

Oh, so it's one of those!  I knew about the TEENAGE ones, not the others.

Yup she owns about 10 of them......

ChasSmith

« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2012, 11:49:56 AM »

Just bought it --- THE AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN --- on VHS! --- for $11 smackers.  Thank you, Thank you!   :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2012, 11:51:18 AM »

DR CHAS SMITH - the widow of AIP's James H. Nicholson......Susan Hart Hofheinz holds the rights to THE AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN, I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF, I WAS A TEENAGE FRANKENSTEIN, and IT CONQUERED THE WORLD....and is prohibiting any kind of DVD release because of HUGE $$$$$ demands.

There were Columbia Drive In VHS releases of all of them......so you might be able to find those.....if you're lucky.

My best friend since junior high was partnered with Kim Fowler whose father, Gene, directed I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF and I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE.

My best friend, since junior high, was the partner of the late Kim Fowler whose late father, Gene, directed I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF and I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE.  He was better known as a film editor for films such as MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD, and  HANG 'EM HIGH.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2012, 12:04:14 PM »

I had to order a copy of my birth certificate. I have no idea where the one I have can possibly be, and I need it to apply for my musician's union pension.
Oh, sure, another birther argument.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2012, 12:05:03 PM »

That's about how I felt after I had a crown, BK. I spent the rest of the day half-out of things. Take some ibuprofen as soon as you can swallow. Then go to sleep.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #101 on: May 31, 2012, 12:05:41 PM »

TOD: I had a hamster named "Trixie" and a gerbil named "Alvan."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2012, 12:05:50 PM »

Morning all!

More mega vibes for Zach!!!!

Always glad to see VixMom posting!

To answer your question, the pillow I bought was a Suprima made by Tempra Pedic.  I got it at Bed, Bath and Beyond.  I think the curve in it makes a big difference because it cradles my neck.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=17703196

Hope that link works. I swear it's almost scary as to how good I feel.  To wake up and feel so rested--that has been unknown to me for the longest time.

That's great, Danise!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2012, 12:06:09 PM »

And the word of the day is: SKIRR!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  FLY ME TO THE MOON

(In Other Words)

:)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2012, 12:06:18 PM »

We've got abad leak in my apartment building at the moment, and I fear the broken pipe is under my bathtub, meaning a lot of excavation and other possibilities to disrupt my routine. I am not happy, but I also admit that I think my tub is the culprit.

~~~LEAK-BE-FIXED VIBES FOR DR ELMORE!!~~~

John G.

« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2012, 12:06:53 PM »

DR JOHN G thanks for posting a picture of that bridge that DR DOUG R was talking about.....between that the picture that DR TCB posted yesterday of the Auto Museum.....HHW is becoming most informative on modern architecture.
I think that was DR Ron Pulliam who posted it. Looking at it too long made me queasy. So, of course, I had to look some more.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #106 on: May 31, 2012, 12:07:22 PM »

Dentist visit recovery vibes for MR BK.

OUCH!!!!
Double that amount.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2012, 12:12:09 PM »

I just soaked all of the plants so they won't die while I'm gone (though I'm sure some will). Naturally, it has just started to rain. Hard.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2012, 12:12:27 PM »

We've got abad leak in my apartment building at the moment, and I fear the broken pipe is under my bathtub, meaning a lot of excavation and other possibilities to disrupt my routine. I am not happy, but I also admit that I think my tub is the culprit.

~~~LEAK-BE-FIXED VIBES FOR DR ELMORE!!~~~
Yup.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #109 on: May 31, 2012, 12:27:59 PM »

Congrats on your YMCA membership DR GINNY....I wish there was one closer to my house.

Thanks, DR JRand.  This isn't the closest Y to our house, but it's the one in town where Richard hasn't been robbed one week and hassled by teenagers the next  ::)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2012, 12:28:57 PM »

The plumber and super have been in and out several times, running water in the kitchen sink, the bathroonm sink, and thetub to determine which pipe is the one leaking into the basement. KIt looks like I will be getting a new bathroom in the near future.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: May 31, 2012, 12:29:46 PM »

Congrats on your YMCA membership DR GINNY....I wish there was one closer to my house.

Thanks, DR JRand.  This isn't the closest Y to our house, but it's the one in town where Richard hasn't been robbed one week and hassled by teenagers the next  ::)

Hassled? Don't they know he's a man of the cloth?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2012, 12:32:45 PM »

Have fun with that, Elmore. I remember the year our bathroom was in the backyard.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2012, 12:34:45 PM »

My best friend since junior high was partnered with Kim Fowler whose father, Gene, directed I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF and I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE.

My best friend, since junior high, was the partner of the late Kim Fowler whose late father, Gene, directed I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF and I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE.  He was better known as a film editor for films such as MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD, and  HANG 'EM HIGH.

Wasn't Kim Fowler some kind of wild rocker?  I think I had one of his LP's that makes the LP cover DR JMK posted yesterday look tame.....there wouldn't be enough red stickers to cover the naughty bits on display inside the gatefold.....

Yes....Gene Fowler.....and soon we will have the OST from IMAMFOS to enjoy thanks to Kritzerland and MR BK.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #114 on: May 31, 2012, 12:35:11 PM »

Have fun with that, Elmore. I remember the year our bathroom was in the backyard.

I understand the convenience, but the lack of privacy is disturbing.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #115 on: May 31, 2012, 12:36:22 PM »

Yes it WAS DR RLP who posted the picture of the bridge......thanks to him.....

It was most interesting........

Ginny

« Reply #116 on: May 31, 2012, 12:40:39 PM »

Hassled? Don't they know he's a man of the cloth?

Oh, DR Elmore, those incidents were long before that...

George

« Reply #117 on: May 31, 2012, 12:41:47 PM »

Back from Dr. Chew.  I must say it was completely excruciating from start to finish.  The shot, which last time I didn't even feel, was horrifying - he kept the needle in there for a full minute, twisting and turning, then he took it out and put it back in in a slightly different place.  The drilling was nauseating (although obviously I didn't feel any of it - you could have hit me with a baseball bat on that side of my mouth and I wouldn't have felt it) - well, just all of it.  My mouth is so numb I'll be lucky if I can eat by six.

~~~CONTINUED TEETH VIBES FOR BK!!~~~

George

« Reply #118 on: May 31, 2012, 12:42:03 PM »

I had a pet turtle named Elmer who got soft shell.  My Dad told me he took Elmer back to the store, but I found out years later they actually flushed him down the toilet. 
Don't ya just love euphemisms?

Kid: Hey, where's Gramma?
Dad: We took her back to the store.

...which reminds me of this joke:

Lenny went on vacation and asked Bobby to watch over his house. About a week later, Lenny calls home and asked "How's my cat?"

Bobby hesitated and sadly told Lenny his cat died.

"What?! You shouldn't have broken the news to me like that! You should have done it slowly. The first time I called, you should have told me he was on the roof. The second time I called, you should have said there was no way to get him down. The third time I called, you should have told me that you tried to get him off the roof, but he fell down and died," explained Lenny.

Bobby apologized and went about his day.

About a week later, Lenny called again and asked "How's my Granny?"

There was a long silence and then Bobby replied. "Well, she's on the roof."

:D

Ginny

« Reply #119 on: May 31, 2012, 12:42:17 PM »

The two times we've had major plumbing work done, we've moved to a hotel.  I was even able to do without my kitchen at Christmastime, but the bathroom - never!

Vibes to DR Elmore!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up