Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: IDES  (Read 49339 times)

singdaw

Re:IDES
« Reply #330 on: March 16, 2007, 05:42:09 PM »

AND while we're on this subject...

I've seen several references to Danny Lockin's "tragic end" - OK H/Ks, no ass jokes here - but never saw that explained.  Does anyone know what happened to him?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #331 on: March 16, 2007, 05:44:39 PM »

If you are caring for a pet -- cat or dog -- you need to be aware of THIS recall notice about wet food sold in a variety of locations.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 05:46:48 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #332 on: March 16, 2007, 05:47:54 PM »

And what about that blond Harmonia Gardens waiter that appears in the dead center of just about every shot?  Was he a "close personal friend" of someone high up on that picture?  Hmmmm?

Do you mean the one with the glasses?  The one that did all that incredible dancing, including a complete flipover with a tray of food?  And had the highest final leap?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #333 on: March 16, 2007, 05:48:06 PM »

I've written a little over three pages, so I'm happy.  I'll now relax, then shower, then be on my way to LACC for an opening night.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #334 on: March 16, 2007, 05:48:23 PM »

Will we never get to page thirteen?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #335 on: March 16, 2007, 05:52:26 PM »

Let me say this about that film:

[shadow=color,glow width,#characters wide] "Hello, Dolly![/size] looks fabulous on my HDTV![/font][/shadow]

singdaw

« Reply #336 on: March 16, 2007, 05:53:44 PM »

Do you mean the one with the glasses?  The one that did all that incredible dancing, including a complete flipover with a tray of food?  And had the highest final leap?

Yes, I think that's the one.  You can't miss him, every shot is framed around HIM rather than Babs!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #337 on: March 16, 2007, 05:55:10 PM »

Yes, I think that's the one.  You can't miss him, every shot is framed around HIM rather than Babs!

Hmmm....I'm talking about the blond in the "Waiter's Galop" number...without la Streisand.

He IS in the "Hello, Dolly!" number, too, though.

For me, he's the best dancer in the group!  I'm guessing his abilities led Michael Kidd to front-and-center him due to those abilities....
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 05:56:44 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #338 on: March 16, 2007, 05:55:37 PM »

Of course, I'm certain his looks weren't wasted on anyone behind the camera....

singdaw

« Reply #339 on: March 16, 2007, 05:56:35 PM »

Thanks for posting that recall notice, DR Ron Pulliam.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #340 on: March 16, 2007, 05:57:13 PM »

Thanks for posting that recall notice, DR Ron Pulliam.

I didn't get into the "brand name" particulars, but figured folks here would want to look into it.

singdaw

« Reply #341 on: March 16, 2007, 05:58:51 PM »

[shadow=color,glow width,#characters wide] "Hello, Dolly![/size] looks fabulous on my HDTV![/font][/shadow]

Oh, did you get a new HDTV, DR Ron Pulliam?  I hadn't noticed...   :) :)

Tomovoz

« Reply #342 on: March 16, 2007, 06:03:18 PM »

TOTD:
DVD: The Queen tribute to Freddie Mercury concert
CDs: Mark Dinning  Teen Angel/Wanderin'
         George Michael "Songs From The Last Century"
         Eddie Hodges "I'm Gonna Knock On Your Door"
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

singdaw

« Reply #343 on: March 16, 2007, 06:06:02 PM »

From the opening paragraph in the new Entertainment Weekly cover story:

...there was a chilly January afternoon in Montreal.  A bunch of buffed-up manly men stood around a cavernous warehouse, wearing red capes and leather bikini briefs.  Though every step outside brought the dreaded threat of shrinkage, there was surprisingly little complaining on the set of the bloody swords-and-sandals epic 300.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 06:06:38 PM by singdaw »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #344 on: March 16, 2007, 06:13:19 PM »

This is what I learned on IMDB:

Danny Lockin lived in Orange County, California and worked at his mother's dance studio for several years after his appearance in "Hello Dolly" with Streisand. On August 21, 1977, he competed on "The Gong Show" and tied for first place. After the taping of that show in Los Angeles, he drove toward his home in Anaheim, but ended up at a bar in Garden Grove instead. He was later found murdered in a nearby apartment of Charles Hopkins who had stabbed him to death. Police found a "torture diary" under Hopkins' bed and prosecutors tried to pursue the death penalty using the pictures in the diary as evidence that Lockin's death was planned. However, Hopkins' trial was postponed because of a car accident, and in that time (lucky for Hopkins) the California Supreme Court ruled that such evidence found AFTER the initial crime scene investigation was NOT admissible. Without the diary to show premeditation, Hopkins was only found guilty of manslaughter and was sentenced to only four years in prison. Critics said justice hadn't been served, as Lockin was stabbed more than 100 times.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #345 on: March 16, 2007, 06:15:43 PM »

This is what I learned on IMDB:

Critics said justice hadn't been served, as Lockin was stabbed more than 100 times.

Chinchy bassa.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #346 on: March 16, 2007, 06:16:09 PM »

It's not a justice system; it's a legal system.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #347 on: March 16, 2007, 06:26:34 PM »

This is what I learned on IMDB:....

That's so sad.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #348 on: March 16, 2007, 06:27:12 PM »

OK---what do we think of the Milford Plaza? I stayed there about 15 years ago and it was kind of a Section 8 dive, but I hear it may have improved. Any thoughts? (average rate $180/night...)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #349 on: March 16, 2007, 06:33:37 PM »

I don't remember Tommy Tune visiting the Malloy Hat Shop in HELLO, DOLLY! I remember Michael Crawford and Danny Locke visiting it, and, of course, Walter Matthau.

We saw part of HELLO DOLLY on TV recently. My DH was amazed by this incredibly tall guy who was dancing. He had never heard of Tommy Tune. (I'm working on his musical theatre education.)

I saw TT in some touring show back in the 70's...can't remember what, but my friend was stage manager so I got to meet TT backstage and he was very nice to me and my mom. (We got to meet Rock Hudson, when he was touring with CAMELOT, too.)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #350 on: March 16, 2007, 06:34:29 PM »

From the DVD commentary track:
There I am, jumping.

I <heart> singdaw.  :D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #351 on: March 16, 2007, 06:34:59 PM »

Are you the little midget guy pointing toward the trees or is that you sitting there posing?
Little midget guy?  I'm six foot two!  And I was pointing at the copy of Rodin's Thinker, not at the trees!

Der Brucer was the photographer.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #352 on: March 16, 2007, 06:35:39 PM »

Good Evening!

I made it home through the snow, slush, sleet and ice.  Whew!
Make Your Own Luck.

François

« Reply #353 on: March 16, 2007, 06:37:42 PM »

Good Evening!

I made it home through the snow, slush, sleet and ice.  Whew!

AND you're not even a postman!!

singdaw

« Reply #354 on: March 16, 2007, 06:37:44 PM »

what do we think of the Milford Plaza?

I don't know anything at all about the Milford Plaza, but if they still have those singing/dancing porters like in their old television commercials, I would stay there!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #355 on: March 16, 2007, 06:38:41 PM »

And since I had had no "real" food today - I had some Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop-Tarts and some chocolate (courtesy of the stage manager's "Pandora's Box") during rehearsal - I went to the fish place across the street and got some fried shrimp, steamed okra and plantains.  Very yummy!  -And all for just $5.75!  Good eats are always good, but cheap good eats are better!
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #356 on: March 16, 2007, 06:39:46 PM »

ps - DR elmore3003 - thanks for the research!  Though now I'm kind of sorry I asked...

singdaw

« Reply #357 on: March 16, 2007, 06:40:41 PM »

(courtesy of the stage manager's "Pandora's Box")

Do you really want to go there, with this crowd?   :)

Edisaurus

« Reply #358 on: March 16, 2007, 06:40:55 PM »

Chinchy bassa.

I thought he was quite generous with his stabbings.

Tomovoz

« Reply #359 on: March 16, 2007, 06:41:04 PM »

DP and I stayed at the Mildew Plaza on out last two trips to New York. It suited us budget wise.  (Of course it was the worst hotel we stayed at in our five weeks in North America). We've stayed there twice now and would do so again (as would DR TCB I think). The only noise problem we had was from outside the hotel - they were redoing the sidewalk and started early in the mornings with their drills).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17   Go Up