Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: MAKING EVERY MOMENT COUNT  (Read 20885 times)

Jennifer

Re:MAKING EVERY MOMENT COUNT
« Reply #150 on: November 28, 2003, 06:38:28 PM »

Dear Reader Jennifer:

You should check the second-hand stores in Montréal: not too long ago Dear Reader Michael Shayne gave a list of some of them here!

I do not care for Europop musicals, hence I don't have any in my collection, but let me know if I can help...

French Customs rarely add import charges, and I believe the Québéc Government does not want you to order goods outside its limits!.... :-\

You think that shops here would have french videos? They don't sell them here period (not sure why).

You don't like europop musicals? I really want to see Le Petit Prince and Cendrillion.

Yah I don't think the US adds duty charges either. But Quebec is crazy about it. Although one good thing, is when they make a mistake (which they sometimes do) they will reimburse you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: November 28, 2003, 06:40:47 PM »

Well, I got the Debbie e-mail as well - my guess, even though you might not like it, is that she'll be playing Mama Morton.  She does not have the dancing chops to do either Velma or Roxy, but, then again, neither did Mrs. Banderas, so maybe I'm wrong.

I'll have more to say about whasshappening in a bit.

Jennifer

« Reply #152 on: November 28, 2003, 06:46:31 PM »

There are a couple of things BK mentioned earlier that I was wondering about.

You said that some people would leave HHW and that it was obvious who.  I must be clueless, because it's not obvious to me.  There is only one person I could think of that fit your description. But I do not think she would leave.

Second point.  You said many people told Mark that they were annoyed you were badgering us to post more. What people would say that behind your back and not just tell you?  And what people would be so annoyed they would want to leave?

I hope this gets resolved quickly.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: November 28, 2003, 07:22:38 PM »

This has gotten resolved.  Mr. Mark Bakalor and I just had a nice telephone conversation on the telephone.  We were going to have a telephone conversation on the radio, but we decided against it.  First off, I want to clarify something that may not have been entirely clear - at no time did Mr. Mark Bakalor (with whom I had a telephone conversation on the telephone) ever share any of my PRIVATE e-mails with anyone.  That is not something he would ever do, and I think the way in which I worded one of my posts may have given that impression, which I in no way meant to give.

Second off, we have resolved some issues that needed resolving (yes, ISSUES, Mr. Pogue) and everything is fine and Mr. Mark Bakalor will once again resume his ADMIN status.  The other nice thing that came out of this is that Mr. Mark Bakalor and I are now LOVERS.  

Seriously, I feel Mr. Bakalor is part of this site (he designed it, after all) and has been from the very beginning, and I felt it would be weird to not have him around, hormones or not.

So, all is well in hainesville tonight.  And that calls for a little dance.

Michael

« Reply #154 on: November 28, 2003, 07:23:14 PM »

I just spoke with Tony Dale. He is sick as a dog and his computer crashed and will be out of commision for 10 days. He has to seend his hard drive back and for the to Compaq. Thanl god for FED EX.  He hopes that there will a board to come back to.
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: November 28, 2003, 07:26:25 PM »

There will, there will.  Can't he get a temporary computer for God's sake?

Michael

« Reply #156 on: November 28, 2003, 07:26:48 PM »

Mr. Tony Dale wants me to say the Mr. Bakalor sure gets around and he better get his cute ass up to Pittsburgh real soon. (After Tony has recovered)
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #157 on: November 28, 2003, 07:28:36 PM »

There will, there will.  Can't he get a temporary computer for God's sake?

Mr. Tony Dale says Kiss My Ass!! Maybe I'll get better quicker as long as your lover Mr. Mark Bakalor wouldn't mind.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #158 on: November 28, 2003, 07:30:25 PM »

Debbie just wrote me back and she will be playing Mama Morton.
Never stop dreaming.

Danise

« Reply #159 on: November 28, 2003, 07:31:40 PM »

I'm so glad things are worked out!

Now back to more important subjects.    
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: November 28, 2003, 07:31:49 PM »

Told you it was Mama Morton.  BK knows.  Also, BK nose.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #161 on: November 28, 2003, 07:32:02 PM »

I am an eternal optimist..maybe a cockeyed optimist(a Rodgers and Hammerstein reference)
Kiss and make up up,for God"s sake.Life is too short and HHW has been a Godsend to this old camper.
Let's all take a breather--go to our corners(boxing reference) and consider the comfort and comaraderie that this board has established with people from all walks of life but with many interests-to communicate-to share experiences-to love one another,
Close this site? Bruce-It's a virtual no-brainer.You will hurt many more people by such an action.
Let's all take a deep breath and clear the air and rationally come to the conclusion and what I believe to be the only conclusion--Carry on ,dear friends! Don't give up the ship!
And in the final analysis--GIVE US MORE!

Tomovoz

« Reply #162 on: November 28, 2003, 07:38:43 PM »

I go away from the board for five minutes and the world is full of lovers - should be more of that. Now can td get his computer guy to come back again. (I had to think who Tony Dale was). Michael if you are in contact with td please send him my best and to his computer too.
I am pleased that so many are away on their 4 day weekend. We could now remove all the posts about the "issue" and they will never know or be upset (if they start reading in chronological order of posts). They can of course feel free to read in alphabetical order or in the order of the ancient druids or whatever if they so desire.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #163 on: November 28, 2003, 07:38:55 PM »

Thanks, Ron, Emily, and TCB (You made me laugh :)) As much as I appreciate the comments about me being wise, and all that jazz, can it maybe stop, or be sent to me in ways other than HHW? I thank you for it it, and it's very thoughtful and funny, but it's what I like to call "Oooh-Look-At-The-Puppy! It's-So-Cute-And-Cuddly-And-Let's-Pet-It!" Syndrome. You know what I mean, it kind of SPARKS annoyances. This is NOT about me. I love you for it, though :).

No, I don't know what you mean.  I'll try to refrain from passing along any compliments to you in future unless you just REALLY deserve them.

But since I don't get overly solicitous and hand out compliments left and right, I'd just like to state -- in terms so plain and clear that they cannot possibly be misunderstood -- that if anything I've said to compliment you has annoyed anyone else, it is quite probable this person or these persons NEEDED to be annoyed.  In fact, this person or these persons might just be ANNOYING many other people and might just NEED subtle hints as to that fact.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 07:45:43 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Tomovoz

« Reply #164 on: November 28, 2003, 07:42:23 PM »

Mr Brockman is an old camper similar to a camp older? I know into which group I fall.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #165 on: November 28, 2003, 07:45:04 PM »

You know when Tony has a cold he sounds exactly like Suzanne Pleshette. Anyway we have decided he his going to post by proxy. I will read him the column and the postings over the phone and he will tell me what to post.
Never stop dreaming.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #166 on: November 28, 2003, 07:47:47 PM »

I'm a total wreck, I tell you, a WRECK!

All this stress right after a major U.S. holiday!!!

And on the busiest shopping day of the YEAR???!!!!

I'm beside myself and in a stew and in a dither and totally zonked out and cranky and irritable and now you have the audacity to say IT'S OVER?

IT'S ALL FIXED?

THINGS ARE BACK TO NORMAL?

How great for everyone.

Really!

But....forgive me....while I have a mini breakdown!

AUGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGH!!!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 08:00:27 PM by Ron Pulliam »

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #167 on: November 28, 2003, 07:47:48 PM »

And BRAVO to you Tom.

I hope that Colin is on his way to a speedy recovery!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: November 28, 2003, 07:47:56 PM »

Posting by proxy, I like it.  Damn them, damn them all to hell.

Michael

« Reply #169 on: November 28, 2003, 07:48:27 PM »

For all those Nancy LaMott fans out there (Team Nancy, Nancy Boys etc) David Friedman's site has been redesigned and active again. And there are new releases are the horizon.

http://www.middermusic.com/
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: November 28, 2003, 07:50:21 PM »

Oh, I may as well post another photo.  Here's my very own personally signed 45 rpm record of Laugh and be Happy by Sheriff John.  Those who grew up in LA know who he is - he, along with Engineer Bill and Chucko the Clown, appeared live on local TV every day with a kid show.  I produced and directed a documentary about them back in 1984, one of my favorite things I've ever done.

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: November 28, 2003, 07:51:46 PM »

It's Black Friday... but it's the color of love in here now.

For those wishing to get an additional 20 percent off DVD's at DeepDiscountDVD, you can go to the site and use the code :  USATODAY

Caveat - you can only place ONE order using the code.. so shop all at once....

Tomovoz

« Reply #172 on: November 28, 2003, 07:54:03 PM »

I was tempted to mention Proxy Hart but have decided against such a woeful pun. Thank you Arnold. The patient is recovering (despite the stress of HHW issues and my cooking). He is currently watching Davis Cup tennis (OZ v Spain). Colin did wish to post his thanks to all the sundried posters but I suggested he wait until after the weekend when all have returned to the board. He is indeed most appreciative of all good wishes.
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #173 on: November 28, 2003, 07:57:01 PM »

Proxy Hart?

PROXY HART?

[groan]

How's the summer going, Tom?  Been out in the sun much?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 07:58:00 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Tomovoz

« Reply #174 on: November 28, 2003, 07:58:58 PM »

That's why I decided against it Ron.
No sun Ron,  just the stress of nursing duties and worrying about the state of the ponderosa. Next task is to interest Fosca and Magnus in the art of grass grazing (A Masekala reference)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 08:03:14 PM by Tom from OZ »
James Thurber 1957

Emily

« Reply #175 on: November 28, 2003, 08:01:06 PM »

The other nice thing that came out of this is that Mr. Mark Bakalor and I are now LOVERS.  

There are going to be some mighty upset hormonal harem girls upset at the notice of this news...

I am glad to hear that everything is back to normal! :D

"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #176 on: November 28, 2003, 08:02:20 PM »

Ah, good on you, Tommy Boy!

Emily

« Reply #177 on: November 28, 2003, 08:02:24 PM »

Now the only question is whether Craig will give up his powers as "administrator" ;)

There is nothing more attractive than a man with a powerful mouse clicking finger...
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Tomovoz

« Reply #178 on: November 28, 2003, 08:05:09 PM »

Emily: There are others at this site that would disagree. I shall not discuss that issue.
James Thurber 1957

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: November 28, 2003, 08:08:12 PM »

Oh Emily.. Admin privs or not, I know that if I ever need to find adventure, I don't have to go further than my own back yard....
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up