Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: CLIMB EV'RY MOUNTAIN  (Read 20697 times)

Jed

Re:CLIMB EV'RY MOUNTAIN
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2003, 03:00:54 PM »

I love that the college budget HHW crowd meets at Ollie's rather than Joe Allen's. :)  Luckily, my mom was footing the bill when we went to NYC, so it was Joe Allen for us!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jed

« Reply #121 on: December 29, 2003, 03:03:14 PM »

I just figured it out, Jed.  You have that cute cherub face, but deep down you are really just a lecherous old man.

Damn right!

Jed

« Reply #122 on: December 29, 2003, 03:11:47 PM »

Blast you, bk, for using that infernal song title for the notes.  I'm gonna be singing the damn song all day now :)

While thanks to the History Channel documentary I have on in the background, I'm currently singing "Deutschland Uber Alles."

I'm on vacation all week, so I'll probably be in a bit of a posting frenzy.  Look out, HHW-God-dom, I'm under 150 away!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #123 on: December 29, 2003, 03:33:31 PM »

I can chat tonight - and it wouldn't be the first time I have talked to myself.

All right.....is the USA ready?

I am NOT sure.....but the HHW Gold Diggers Tour of 2004 is only hours away.

Here is the official theme song - be sure to learn it ladies.  And remember the two magic words:

PLEASE

and

THANK YOU

And Welcome to Los Estados Unidos!!!!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 03:34:08 PM by JRand53 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Andrea

« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2003, 03:35:38 PM »

Ok.. jason, that's good to know... I guess what we'll do is all rendez-vous at fiveish and only eat when you get there...

And DR Jed... bus rides with me are amusing-- I talk in my sleep:)

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2003, 03:35:42 PM »

Oh, wow, thank you everyone so much for the lovely wishes.  You have helped to give me one of the best birthdays ever.  

Today was really magical; I had sooo much fun.  My mom and I went to Les Halles (trust Jose, the resident HHW gourmand, to have known of it  :D) and the meal was just delish.  I had the Salade Niçoise and a glass of champagne.  The waitor (French born but with an impeccable American accent) was just a doll, and even though I totally wasn't expecting it, he brought me an on-the-house chocolate mousse (with happy birthday spelled out on the side of the plate in chocolate) and sang happy birthday to me.  Oh, and the restaurant itself was lovely...I felt like I was in a real Parisian brasserie.

I actually opted to see "Lost in Translation," but before that we went to Second Story Books in Dupont Circle, which is one of the coolest used book stores ever.  I bought a great old Beardsleyesque print of a man in an 18th century dress...yes, you heard me...dress.  I know, I am a weird chick.

The movie itself was wonderful, so nuanced.  Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson both turned in pitch-perfect performances.  I would love to see this movie win some Oscars.

Happy birthday Mayakins, the original skank and Hainsie/Kimlet princess! :D

Emily, only you would look upon my 21st birthday as an occasion to spew verbal abuse at me  ;)  I can't wait to meet everyone tomorrow!  I will definitely bring a camera.

Jason--If you can make it at 6:15 to Ollie's, that would be fine.  It's just that Wicked begins at 7, so the meeting might be a bit rushed...are you going to go piano-barring with us after the show?

Jed--You crack me up (and I love the new pic btw!)  Feel better soon!

Jennifer

« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2003, 03:41:30 PM »

DR Jason: That is terrible that you are not getting your mail. I would freak out.  What happens with the stuff from amazon type places? Do they resend?

I would talk to my mailman. Wouldn't he know if he was delivering your packages?

Jennifer

« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2003, 03:45:25 PM »

Ugh, i just ate the most disgusting dinner ever. Luckily i only had a few bites. But the flavor is in my mouth and i must get rid of it now!  Plus I have no appetite. I'm not even sure why I tried to force it down.

Anyhow I'm off. See you all tomorrow. Happy travelling girls (loved that gold diggers pic) :)

Danise

« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2003, 04:16:03 PM »

Maya!
[/size]

Hate to say it but I agree with you, Jennifer.  I just ate as well and am suddenly not feeling very well.  Ugh.  

I’m also tired with this being my first day back at work after the 4 day weekend. I think I’ll be hitting the hay pretty early tonight.  

We had a nice day in the 70's  but there was just a touch of cool to the air. I was glad I took my jacket with me to work.

I hope you ladies have a wonderful time on your trip.  That’s another item on my wish list for the new year.  I would like a trip to NYC.  We’ll see.  If I make enough wishes ONE of them is bound to come true–right?

Can’t say I liked or dislike any plays this year as I didn’t really see any.  Sorry to hear you didn’t like DOTV.  I love the music and have heard from many others that thought it was good.

I have a question to ask–has anyone here heard of or (better still) have a recipe for Pumpkin Gobes?  One of my friends at work wants the recipe in the worst way and I told her I would check the net.  I just happened to think that  one of you might know what she is asking for.  Many thanks for any help.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Emily

« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2003, 04:16:22 PM »

don't forget to send me border vibes!
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2003, 04:16:53 PM »

Oh my!  I just got the UNSUNG SONDHEIM cd on EBAY for $12.49 including shpg and insurance!

Danise

« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2003, 04:22:45 PM »

I hope this will do as border vibes, Emily.  I don't know how you guys do them.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2003, 04:25:49 PM »

Danise I never heard of Pumpkin Gobes so I looked it up.  I think you mean  Pumpkin Gobs.  They look interesting but the filling seems a bit on the sweet side.  I don’t ever recall having them before.  I will check a few of my cookbooks and see if the recipe is any of them.

Jane

« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2003, 04:28:18 PM »

Emily good border vibes.  I'm not as creative as Danise but the wish is sincere.

Danise

« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2003, 04:33:44 PM »

Thanks Jane!  I thought it looked wrong but I had her spell it to me so I could send myself an e-mail from work to get it right.     If I write myself a note I tend to leave it in my purse and forget all about it.

Thanks for any help.  I'm going to DogPile to see what I can find there as well as the recipe web sites you guys gave out here.

I'll let you know what I find.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: December 29, 2003, 04:46:54 PM »

Finally have begun show eight, although my real work on it won't begin for a few days.

Danise

« Reply #136 on: December 29, 2003, 04:47:06 PM »

Hey Jane, I found several Pumpkin gobs recipes.  I printed them all out for  her.  I hope they are what she wants.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jason

« Reply #137 on: December 29, 2003, 04:48:22 PM »

Danise: I saw DOTV five times in it's short run on Broadway. Trust me, it was NOT good. It was so bad that it was funny, so I kept going and going and going, just in case this was the CARRIE of my lifetime. I didn't get to see CARRIE, but boy, oh, boy did I ever see the vampires dance!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #138 on: December 29, 2003, 04:49:09 PM »

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happy Happy Birthday Maya![/move]

Favorite CDs are usually the latest ones that I get, so the latest ones that I can remember getting are (in alphabetical order):
Avenue Q
Brownstone
Fade Out-Fade In (remastered reissue)
Little Shop of Horrors (new Broadway cast)
A Rock 'n' Roll Twelfth Night (locally written by a local semi-professional company--fabulous!  I think it's good enough to be on Broadway.  It has a great score...well, in my humble opinion--IMHO in Internet lingo)
Teddy and Alice (Thanks Tomovoz!)
Wicked
Zanna, Don't

As far as theater-going experiences go, this is the top five of what I've seen:
Gregory Hines (here in Olympia!)
Mark Twain, Tonight! (Hal Holbrook in Olympia, too)
A New Brain (local production)
Passion (local production)
Rags (an ages 8-16 children's theater production--but very good!)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 04:51:53 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Danise

« Reply #139 on: December 29, 2003, 04:56:37 PM »

Well, Jason, It fair broke my heart that I didn't get to see it in NYC.  I had tickets for 2 shows in March.  I don't think it was as bad as people made it out to be and that's all I'll say.  I don't want to start  DOTV WWII. :-)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #140 on: December 29, 2003, 05:03:15 PM »

Favorite CDs are usually the latest ones that I get, so the latest ones that I can remember getting are (in alphabetical order):
A Rock 'n' Roll Twelfth Night (locally written by a local semi-professional company--fabulous!  I think it's good enough to be on Broadway.  It has a great score...well, in my humble opinion--IMHO in Internet lingo)

I agree with you George about Twelfth Night, but then Angry Housewives started in Seattle and I  thought that show would take the world by storm, too.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #141 on: December 29, 2003, 05:15:58 PM »

TCB  - I directed a production of ANGRY HOUSEWIVES that sold out EVERY performance....we only closed because another show was coming in!

What a trip!  "Eat your f&*king cornflakes!"

George

« Reply #142 on: December 29, 2003, 05:17:47 PM »

I agree with you George about Twelfth Night, but then Angry Housewives started in Seattle and I  thought that show would take the world by storm, too.

You saw R&R 12th Night and/or do you have the CD?  I saw all three productions and have worked with Harlequin and knew just about everyone in the first two productions, so I'm quite a bit biased.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #143 on: December 29, 2003, 05:19:50 PM »

TCB  - I directed a production of ANGRY HOUSEWIVES that sold out EVERY performance....we only closed because another show was coming in!

What a trip!  "Eat your f&*king cornflakes!"

No, no, JRand, that has to be

EAT YOUR F&*KING CORNFLAKES!!!!!!!!

The production that I was involved in (usher organizer and videotaper) extended our run also.  Twice!  The first time we had to get a different actress for one of the parts...the director actually took the role, so she knew it.  The second time they decided to extend, we actually had to go to another (and larger) theater.  Even after all of that, we practically sold out every performance, also!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 05:22:59 PM by George »

Jason

« Reply #144 on: December 29, 2003, 05:20:45 PM »

Danise: Did you get to see the wig fight? "Wig Fight." Two words that should never go together, let alone be used as a choreographic term in a Broadway musical. That's all I'm sayin'...but it made me laugh and laugh and laugh...but not as much as Michael Crawford leaking out "Total Eclipse of the Heart" while dressed in one of Grizabella's throw-aways. :)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #145 on: December 29, 2003, 05:22:08 PM »

So glad you got UNSUNG SONDHEIM, as I've said many times, my favorite BK-produced CD. I could not live without it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

« Reply #146 on: December 29, 2003, 05:26:03 PM »

Hey Jane, I found several Pumpkin gobs recipes.  I printed them all out for  her.  I hope they are what she wants.

Let me know if they are any good.  I could not find a single recipe in any of my cook books.  I am now wondering the history of this recipe.  Has anyone else heard of them?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #147 on: December 29, 2003, 05:26:27 PM »

DRMATTH I remember you liking the CD so much - I am very happy to get it!  I encouraged the guy I bought it from to come to HHW and check it out!

Yes, I should have added the glow to EYFC!!!

One of the actresses TOOK my video tape.....but DR GEORGE if you have a video of the show, I would love to have a copy!  Maybe someday mine will resurface!  I will always remember the night the girl playing the girlfriend of the club owner came out after a quick change with her sweater wrong side out.....shoulderpads and all.  And she was the last person in the theatre to know!!!

Jed

« Reply #148 on: December 29, 2003, 05:32:13 PM »

Just realized that I left off a show in my Top 10 list of the year.  Adam Guettel's Light in the Piazza at the Intiman Theater in Seattle.  I'd put it at #4, right behind the 3 shows I saw in NYC.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: December 29, 2003, 05:32:53 PM »

Five-thirty here in cowboyville.  I'll be leaving in the next hour or so.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up