Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WITH NARY A THING ON MY MIND  (Read 19340 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:WITH NARY A THING ON MY MIND
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2007, 10:01:13 AM »

Ask bk:

What's the latest on your book signing? Where and when? My DH, a.k.a. "Oh crap, you want my name?" may be in town and if so, might like to go.

Book signing is December 8th at Mystery and Imagination, which is in Glendale on Brand Blvd. just north of the Alex Theater.  That would be swell if he could be there.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2007, 10:05:38 AM »

T.O.D.

Ask BK Day!

Are you someone who gets up and walks out of movies if you don't like them; or do you, normally, sit and suffer in silence until the bitter end?

What about theater?

For many, many years I never walked out of a movie - unthinkable, especially as a kid.  I suffered through many bad films and may have walked out on a few, although I have no memory of doing so.  The first film I remember WANTING to walk out of was The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but I was in a locked screening room being asked for my opinion (my opinion cost the film a Paramount release).  

I first movie I really remember bailing on after about twenty minutes was Newsies.

I never bailed in theater until about three years ago, when I saw a horrid production of something and I just couldn't take it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2007, 10:06:15 AM »

Oh, and I'm up.  Oh, and I walked out of David Cronenberg's Crash.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2007, 10:06:39 AM »

And what time might the signing be?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Danise

« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2007, 10:06:43 AM »

Hi all!  I must confess that I am starting to feel better.  I think having all the tape from the stitches taken off yesterday helped a great deal.  I’m not as sore as I was.  

I used my new treadmill this morning for about 15 minutes.  I want to start working up to about an hour a day so I can lose some of this weight.  

Last night, I watched a DVD called “Eragon”.  I bought it as a pre-viewed DVD from Block Buster when I was there a few weeks ago.  I also bought “Marie Antoinette”—which I watched the other night.  

All can say is that I have to really start thinking about getting a subscription to one of the DVD clubs.   While both were entertaining, neither are worthy of a taking up space on my DVD shelve.  I’m learning that I don’t need to buy every movie out there.  I seriously doubt I will ever watch either of these movies again.  

“Eragon” was ok but the main word I would have to use for it was “predictable .  “Marie Antoinette” didn’t finish the story—I know she had her head chopped off but the entire story was unremarkable.  The only insight I got from it was how boring court life was.  I know I was bored.  

SPOLIER :  Dancing with the Stars.

I’m not surprised about Marie making it.  The Osmond’s do have a lot of fans out there and don’t forget they have a place in Bronson (?).  I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if she won but I would like to see it go to Mel and Max.  Max deserves a win.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MBarnum

« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2007, 10:07:34 AM »

Hee, Hee, Hee, DR Edisaurus! Have fun!!

And welcome to the world Everett!

Danise

« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2007, 10:09:35 AM »

I don't ever remember walking out of a movie.  I guess I just suffer through them.  

I do remember looking at my watch during a stage production of "CATS" and wondering how much longer it was going to be.  It lost its charm for me after about the first 15 minutes of the show.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2007, 10:12:46 AM »

For many, many years I never walked out of a movie - unthinkable, especially as a kid.  I suffered through many bad films and may have walked out on a few, although I have no memory of doing so.  The first film I remember WANTING to walk out of was The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but I was in a locked screening room being asked for my opinion (my opinion cost the film a Paramount release).  

Good for you, BK.  I don't like those kind of movies.  We called them "Slash and Hack".  I get no enjoyment watching people being cut up in different ways.  It makes me think of the old Roman days with the Gladiators.  It might not be real but I honestly think it is the same kind of mentality.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2007, 10:13:35 AM »

I don't ever remember walking out of a movie.  I guess I just suffer through them.  

I do remember looking at my watch during a stage production of "CATS" and wondering how much longer it was going to be.  It lost its charm for me after about the first 15 minutes of the show.

Amen!

Amen
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Danise

« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2007, 10:14:52 AM »

DR Ginny, itsn't it odd how when you can sleep in, you can't?  I'm doing the same thing.  I wake up each morning at 5:30 just like I'm going to work.  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MBarnum

« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2007, 10:15:11 AM »

I have never walked out of a movie, yet.

Peter Jackson's KING KONG is one movie I really, really wanted to walk out on, but I was seeing it with my friend Ron.

Of course it turned out that Ron also had really, really wanted to leave about half way through, as well. LOL!

A few of the STAR WARS films I would have walked out on also, but for the fact that I was with others.

Danise

« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2007, 10:16:12 AM »

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MBarnum

« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2007, 10:17:42 AM »

I have gotten to a point in my life now that when I watch a movie on DVD or DVR, if it doesn't catch me within 10 or 15 minutes I simply turn it off and find something else to watch. I have even done that with a few Bollywood movies...gasp!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2007, 10:21:17 AM »

I think the only movie I have ever walked out of was BROTHER SUN, SISTER MOON.  I just couldn't get into it.  I would have loved to have walked out of GONE WITH THE WIND.  It is probably the most boring four hours I have ever spent in a theater, but I was on a date, and it was their favorite film.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 10:22:01 AM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2007, 10:21:31 AM »

“Marie Antoinette” didn’t finish the story—I know she had her head chopped off but the entire story was unremarkable.  The only insight I got from it was how boring court life was.  I know I was bored.  

I wanted to clairify that statement about her having her head chopped off.  It’s not that I wanted to see that but I wonder how many kids/younger people knew what happened to her.  

The movie made it look like she and her husband just rode away in the carriage.  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MBarnum

« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2007, 10:23:38 AM »

And speaking of Bollywood movies (of which I speak of quite often, I am sure you know) I took TD's suggestion and purchased KAL HO NA HO, which I have always heards is a fantastic movie...I also bought three (3) John Abraham movies, including his newly released NO SMOKING.

You can see John in all his glory (looks like they saved a lot of money on his costuming) in this trailer from NO SMOKING right here --->  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38IYGCtiH1w

MBarnum

« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2007, 10:31:55 AM »

And not that anyone here would have an interest in such things, but here is a really, really, really (that is 3 reallys) nice scene of a very, very, very hot and shirtless John Abraham from one of his early films entitled PAAP (Sin)...one of his better films.

He is a fine speciman of a man!

And he uploaded this video himself from his website just for our entertainment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvPtiOGGDWw
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 10:54:18 AM by MBarnum »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2007, 10:46:29 AM »

And not that anyone here would have an interest in such things, but here is a really, really, really (that is 3 reallys) nice scene of a very, very, very hot and shirtless John Abraham from one of his early films entitled PAAP (Sin)...one of his better films.

He is one fine speciman of a man!

And he uploaded this video himself from his website just for our entertainment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvPtiOGGDWw

Well, John didn't actually upload the video, since John Abraham Online is a fan site that was created here in the United States, and not by Mr. Abraham.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2007, 10:47:44 AM »

Mike, let me know what you think of NO SMOKING.  It looks interesting.
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2007, 10:51:10 AM »

I guess I thought that was John's own website...he does have one, someplace.

NO SMOKING was a flop at the box office, but John stands by it 100%.

I do recommend PAAP, TCB! Really enjoyable movie.

singdaw

« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2007, 10:51:48 AM »

We all want to know: will it be as good for him as it was for you?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2007, 10:55:51 AM »

I guess I thought that was John's own website...he does have one, someplace.

NO SMOKING was a flop at the box office, but John stands by it 100%.

I do recommend PAAP, TCB! Really enjoyable movie.

Is this the site you were talking about?

http://www.johnabraham.com/

“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2007, 10:56:00 AM »

Edisaurus, the signing is at two o'clock.  It's a Saturday.  There WILL be cake.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2007, 11:00:52 AM »

THE John Abraham.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 11:01:34 AM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2007, 11:14:30 AM »

Even though it looks like I've been here all day, DH Richard and I just returned from some errands.  We went to pick up a turkey to cook on Friday (we're going to his brother's house tomorrow).  Did a few other errands and now I'm baking a Marie Callendar's Lattice-top Apple Pie.  Pumpkin and pecan pies were done hours ago.  Rob and Mary Linda were here for brunch and got on their way to Michigan just before noon.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2007, 11:15:25 AM »

Welcome to the world, DN(ephew) of DR Kerry.  Everett is named after my elementary school in Detroit!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2007, 11:51:13 AM »

Back from a couple of errands, and have a couple more to run a bit later.

td

• td
« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2007, 11:55:05 AM »

I think the only movie I have ever walked out of was BROTHER SUN, SISTER MOON.  I just couldn't get into it.  I would have loved to have walked out of GONE WITH THE WIND.  It is probably the most boring four hours I have ever spent in a theater, but I was on a date, and it was their favorite film.

I guess you wouldn't want to date me then. . .I'm one of the GWTW fans. . .not so big on BROTHER SUN, SISTER MOON, but I like it better than the two other St. Francis films.  Bradford Dillman is too, too earnest in his Francis movie and Mickey Rourke is just too weird. . .(though Mickey does a strange nude scene in the snow). . .

GWTW has never seemed long to me, nor boring.  (I know that there are many on HHW who don't like the movie, but, I'm not one of them).
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

MBarnum

« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2007, 11:55:09 AM »

That is the website I guess I was thinking about DR TCB.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2007, 11:59:02 AM »

My baby sister had her baby last night.   My baby sister (although still my baby sister in my head)  loves children and has waited for many years to have one.   Everyone is happy and healthy, and I'm very relieved that all went well because her biological clock was on its last bell.

So, welcome Everett to the world!

Congratulations to Kerry's Sister and her new baby, Everett!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up