Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: PSEUDOEPHEDRINE  (Read 56839 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:PSEUDOEPHEDRINE
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2007, 09:25:54 AM »

The Forever stamp is, at least, amusing.  People screaming to have it, but they're buying a roll of 100, so they'll be gone in, at the most, six months, a year, and rates aren't going to go up again for at least two or three years after these two in a row rate hikes in one year's time (the USPS blames the government for last year's).  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2007, 09:26:45 AM »

Good morning, Tom.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2007, 09:28:07 AM »

Good morning, BK.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2007, 09:28:12 AM »

I had a nice conversation with the Kritzerland web designer.  She'll be doing our alumni site, and boy have her prices gone up since she did Kritzerland.  What a bargain that was.  She's still giving me a really good rate, but I'd say it would be more than double what I paid for Kritzerland.  I still think she's the best deal in town, though, and she's going to make one little section that can be updated by us rather than her - a page with text only like the notes here, but that will be very helpful for current and upcoming events.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2007, 09:28:20 AM »

Oh, and I'm up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2007, 09:28:52 AM »

Good morning, good day, how are you this beautiful day?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2007, 09:29:41 AM »

Welcome eleven GUESTS.  Who are you people?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2007, 09:30:18 AM »

Looks like a pretty day outside.  And I slept right through the night, so the Alavert is at least working for now.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2007, 09:30:48 AM »

I have several hundreds of dollars worth of stamps -- some are unmarked so I don't remember what they were intended to be -- full-value fill-ins until new. higher-rate stamps could be printed or simply supplementary stamps -- such as a 2-cent fill-in to add to an older stamp to meet a higher rate.

Sigh.

I have bunches of odd stamps...and I seldom "mail" anything any more.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 09:31:14 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2007, 09:32:48 AM »

Looks like a pretty day outside.  And I slept right through the night, so the Alavert is at least working for now.

The best thing I've found for my allergy troubles is SudaFed -- the kind you have to sign for.  I prefer the 24-hour tablet, but don't mind the 12-hour.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2007, 09:33:08 AM »

Thanks, but I think it's really that I feel like I should be doing something and there is nothing I can do. When I grew up, we were taught if you don't know what to do for someone....make a hot dish, a cake or a pie. It's just an extension of that.

This was a human aspect I explored in the play I wrote that we just put on. The theme of the plays was recipes, and my recipe got me thinking about when someone in my family died when I was little, and I was so puzzled that people kept showing up with food.

singdaw

« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2007, 09:35:14 AM »

I have bunches of odd stamps...and I seldom "mail" anything any more.

Well...you could stick them to your forehead!    :o     ;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2007, 09:37:56 AM »

Re: "Desperate Housewives"

SPOILER

I rather enjoyed last night's episode even though it was a bit drawn out in Edie's manipulation of Carlos.

The Susan-Gaby arc was fun, if a bit too much filler for what we know -- thanks to prolonged season finale hype -- that there WILL be a double wedding regardless of what went down last night.

Tom and Lynnette did not bore me at all.  They are the most interesting couple right now, all things considered, and I'm interested to see if Jason Gedrick's
Rick" returns to the show to continue his romancing of Lynnette.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2007, 09:38:21 AM »

I have a roll of the 39-cent stamps. Are they doing a makeup value stamp for us poor unfortunates?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2007, 09:38:40 AM »

Well...you could stick them to your forehead!    :o     ;)

Or, thanks to your suggestion, I've thought of ANOTHER place I could stick them.....

:D

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2007, 09:39:16 AM »

Sting on a cornflake?

I tried to do "Sing on a Cornflake" but I am not as adept as DR Singdaw!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

singdaw

« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2007, 09:40:21 AM »

I have a roll of the 39-cent stamps. Are they doing a makeup value stamp for us poor unfortunates?

Yes, there is a .02 cent stamp.  Very handy in the last postage increase.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2007, 09:41:24 AM »

Laura, that is a good idea. I have also house sat for a person who had a tragedy and they were grateful for I was able to get coffee ready and stuff for them when they returned and they also appreciated the welcoming face amid their grief.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2007, 09:41:32 AM »

Well, a landmark day for me. I moved yesterday into my own apartment in Hell's Kitchen. And today is my first day in the Manhattan office. Yesterday the play closed. Talk about times of transition! Hopefully things can settle down now and I can visit these parts more frequently.

singdaw

« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2007, 09:41:50 AM »

I tried to do "Sing on a Cornflake"

Believe you me, you're better off with Sting than Sing!    :P

singdaw

« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2007, 09:43:37 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]***transition vibes***[/color][/size][/move]
for DR Rodzinski

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2007, 09:44:01 AM »

Alas, a lovely treat when I got to work today... I was told to go to one of the branch libraries and the place is very quiet. Have some of work done that I am able to do and I thought I would drift in and say hello!!

Good luck bk with the Alumni organization. I am sure the web designer will do a fantastic job with the alumni site. She did an impressive job with Kritzerland.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2007, 09:44:31 AM »

RLP, I have a saying for you to analyze....

Meat shrinks, noodles grow...

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2007, 09:44:48 AM »

Would you like to sting on a tsar?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2007, 09:45:02 AM »

Re: last night's DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES (no spoilers).  

I could swear our local station had been advertising last night's episode as the finale.  So i thought it was until the end (when i realized it could not possibly be).

I found the show fairly boring. And was expecting it to have more action (since it was one of the last few shows).

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2007, 09:45:55 AM »

RLP, I agree with you on the scam part... I smell something rotten... Perhaps they struck a deal with the local beet plant.

Jennifer

« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2007, 09:47:11 AM »

RE: DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES again (no spoilers).

DR RLP, i wrote my comments before reading yours. I wonder if i was so disappointed partly because i thought it was the finale and was expecting the usual dramatics and cliffhangers.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2007, 09:47:17 AM »

MattH, concerning Law and Order: CI, that was my thought also that they would bring it back when their new shows bombed which seems to be NBC's track record.

MattH, have you heard if they are bringing Jericho and NCIS back to CBS for fall?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2007, 09:47:25 AM »

"Brothers and Sisters"

[size=8]SPOILER[/size]

I was VERY disappointed in last night's episode.  What a LETDOWN pre-finale episode!

Yes, there was drama galore on the fate of the preemies.  Tough decisions were in the offing and a decision was made.  And it was entirely predictable to me.

Yes, there was the troublesome whistleblower who threatened to bring down the senator's presidential run.  Predictably, it was handled in the way ALL such incidents are handled. Hooray for the gay lawyer/sibling!  I DID appreciate that the character of the senator seemed to want to come clean about his war record and reveal the facts behind his "act of heroism", which -- in fact -- was an act of heroism despite any of his misgivings during the incident.

Yes, there was Nora insisting that her late husband's bastard daughter remain in her house -- maintaining the "viper-in-the-nest" conceit.

Yes, there was the inevitable "daddy's-gonna-still-love-you-but-is-moving-out-of- the-house" arc.  Very PREDICTABLE.  And WAY cliche!

And finally, there was the drug-addicted former Army medic preparing to go back to active duty for a tour in Iraq because his unit needs him and because it's the right thing to do, as witnessed in the meant-to-be-touching but way-too-mauldin visit to the VA hospital.  Sorry for my cynicism, especially for all who were touched by it, but I know a thing or two about the military, and I still cannot get beyond the totally wrongheaded premise that the Army wants this drug-addicted medic back on active duty.  It just IS NOT credible in a ZERO TOLERANCE military.  The military will help folks with drug problems, but will NOT...repeat NOT...keep them "IN" the service.

I felt the entire episode was forced and it rang horribly false for me.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 09:53:46 AM by Ron Pulliam »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2007, 09:47:51 AM »

Nice to see you again Rodz in these parts...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Up