Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: PSEUDOEPHEDRINE  (Read 56966 times)

singdaw

Re:PSEUDOEPHEDRINE
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2007, 09:48:06 AM »

Has the smell abated [I hope], DR DakotaCelt?

singdaw

« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2007, 09:48:36 AM »

And one for smells!

What an Unseemly way to start page 5...    :P
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 09:52:59 AM by singdaw »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2007, 09:49:33 AM »

RE: DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES again (no spoilers).

DR RLP, i wrote my comments before reading yours. I wonder if i was so disappointed partly because i thought it was the finale and was expecting the usual dramatics and cliffhangers.

I, too, thought it was to be the finale....and was rather surprised to see so little happening by the end of the hour.  I wondered if they were going to go an extra hour and realized that they weren't because of the following show's advertising.

Perhaps the finale will erase the memory of last night's show.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 09:49:53 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2007, 09:52:18 AM »

One reason I have suspicions about the "Forever Stamp' is an uneasy feeling I have that the USPS knows something the American public does not know.

Perhaps it knows it will not, ultimately, lose anything if people buy billions of dollars in "Forever Stamps".  

Maybe it will make "First Class" postage less reliable in favor of something else upon which we cannot use "Forever Stamps".

I smell a "scam" and I have only the Bush Administration to blame for my suspicions.  Which isn't something I take lately.

Oh I just think people will buy them and stash them away for later when the price of stamps goes up and then forget where they stashed them and have to buy new stamps anyway

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2007, 09:54:52 AM »

This was a human aspect I explored in the play I wrote that we just put on. The theme of the plays was recipes, and my recipe got me thinking about when someone in my family died when I was little, and I was so puzzled that people kept showing up with food.

I would love to see your play.  

Jennifer

« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2007, 09:56:01 AM »

re: last night's SURVIVOR FINALE

LOL! That was a great write-up! But, I loved this season....I do think the best person won, although to be fair it should have been Yau-man and Earl at the end. Not only did I like both people I thought they were the only ones who really seemed to know how to play this game.

I am always surprised at how bitter some of these contestants are, however.

I am amazed at how differently we see things. I really did not enjoy this season (i think it was one of the worst). And i did not really care for yauman or earl or actually any of the final 4.

I do think that yauman was a good player.  Although he made such a stupid mistake.  Why would he think dreamz would keep his word, when yau was then going to vote him out. He should have told dreamz that if he gave him the idol they would vote out cassandra.

I actually think the best players were alex/mookie/edgardo. They just got totally screwed over by dreamz turning on them.

But i will agree with one point you made. Lisi and alex were brutal at the questioning.

I am surprised that nobody voted for cassandra or dreamz. Cassandra seemed nice enough. And often people vote for the nice person (even if they did not win much). And i am surprised that since dreamz 1) knocked off the best player yauman, 2)needed the money the most, and 3) he won the final immunity ... that nobody voted for him.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2007, 09:56:05 AM »

RLP, I have a saying for you to analyze....

Meat shrinks, noodles grow...

Sorry, but I'm no Freudian.....

As a cook, however, it's very true...as meat cooks, in general, it decreases in volume as moisture steams off.  There is, however, the "hot dog" anomaly...some franks expand.

And noodles, by virtue of being generally dried and devoid of moisture, grow larger as they absorb moisture.

I blame it all on the laws of physics....but I'm no expert.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2007, 09:56:07 AM »

You are all busy little beavers--5 pages before 10 PST (or is it PDT)?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #128 on: May 14, 2007, 09:56:28 AM »

I haven't really been following DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES since the winter.  Did they ever resolve the storyline with Tom's illegitimate daughter?  Is she still around?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #129 on: May 14, 2007, 09:57:52 AM »

Has the smell abated [I hope], DR DakotaCelt?

Some... You only notice it now if the wind is from the Southeast.... However, they are in big trouble with Minnesota pollution control. They were to have remedied this problem several years ago. They ended up buying barley straw to mask it.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #130 on: May 14, 2007, 09:57:57 AM »

Re:  Survivor.  Betsy has been repeating the mantra "worst season ever" for the entire run this time.  She got rather vocal about it last night after Dreamz's (I believe that's the first time I've ever followed a Z with an apostrophe and an S) little betrayal.  What a schmuck.  Did he think anyone was going to vote for him after he did that?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #131 on: May 14, 2007, 09:59:12 AM »

I won't dance.

Don't ask me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #132 on: May 14, 2007, 09:59:17 AM »

RLP, that is my theory also... We can blame Einstein!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

singdaw

« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2007, 09:59:57 AM »

Would you like to sting on a tsar?

Well, OK, if you insist:

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2007, 10:01:32 AM »

Re:  Survivor.  Betsy has been repeating the mantra "worst season ever" for the entire run this time.  She got rather vocal about it last night after Dreamz's (I believe that's the first time I've ever followed a Z with an apostrophe and an S) little betrayal.  What a schmuck.  Did he think anyone was going to vote for him after he did that?

Surprisingly, it seems he "did."

I'm amazed that Dreamz lasted as long as he did.  He has been one of the key people under consideration for ouster for several weeks...yet nobody ever made a move.  I think folks thought he would be an easy ouster.

I'm still perturbed by Jeff Probst's all-too-revealing questions at the various tribal councils.  All the plotting, scheming and deal-making are the subjects of his pre-voting questions.  I think a case could be made that folks are alerted to things they were not aware of...and I think it spoils the show.

I think Probst should be replaced every other show...just to keep him from thinking he's the "whole" show.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 10:03:31 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: May 14, 2007, 10:04:58 AM »

Thanks all for the suggestion.  I left work and went to the local grocery. The only vege tray they had made up looked like it should have been eaten yesterday, so I explained what I was doing and they made one up for me on the spot.  It looked very nice and I made sure they knew how much I appreciated them doing it with no notice.  

My friend wasn't home, they were at the cemetery, but her sister-in-law was there.  I don't know her, but we chatted for a while and I left the tray and a card.    Her SIL told me they have 80 immediate family members!  And that doesn't include aunts and uncles or my friend's family, which is also very big.  The family is very connected to law enforcement on several sides, so I'm sure someone will be watching the house during the funeral, but I'll keep the thought in mind.

I live close to my friend's house so I came home for lunch. I better get back to work...glad it's a quiet week

singdaw

« Reply #136 on: May 14, 2007, 10:06:44 AM »

I think Probst should be replaced every other show...just to keep him from thinking he's the "whole" show.

NEWS FLASH:

Probst's Probes Appraised:  Lacking Approbation

Film at 11:00...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #137 on: May 14, 2007, 10:07:51 AM »

I have heard that Survivor is not doing as well in the ratings. I have also read that reality shows are on the downswing and game shows are in. Time will tell. For NBC... time will tell if that network remains on the air. At times the network reminds me of the old canadian late night comedy show called SCTV. It is a cartoon.

Their primetime lineup is bouyed up by the tired Law and order franchise, ER, Office  Heroes and My Name is EArl. Sadly the rest of the lineup is in sorry shape. They are loosing viewers in all dayparts including Leno and Conan. Today show has even slipped a bit and they are bringing on a fourth hour of the show this fall after the soap that shall remain nameless is cancelled.  NBC has already alluded to Days being cancelled in 2009. They want more chat shows and infomercials.... YIKES!!!

Jennifer

« Reply #138 on: May 14, 2007, 10:08:19 AM »

RE: last night's SURVIVOR FINALE

That was a great recap article DR Jose. I just read it.

That guy hit every nail right on the head.

And he made the exact same points i made.

1. this season was not good.

2. Yau should have told dreamz he would vote out cassandra.

Although yau sort of explained himself in the reunion show. He said his pride was his downfall, since he had convinced himsef that dreamz would honor his promise.

I have 2 more points.

1. i don't feel that people did not vote for dreamz because he went back on his word to yauman. Although i feel like he would have come across much better if he (dreamz) had actually intended to honor the deal but just could not at the end.

I feel like dreamz did not have a chance because he screwed over alex/mookie/edgardo. They were not going to vote for him.

2. in the same situation (going for a million dollars) and knowing you would get voted out for sure, how many people would really have given the idol to yau?

I think if yau had really wanted immunity he would have told dreamz they would vote out cassandra.  Dreamz grew up poor. This money could help his family.  Survivor is a game.

Now being a total liar is not a good thing.  But if a person had been fairly honorable up till that point. And they had to choose between their family and honoring a promise that was stupid to begin with (since yau was saying dreamz would be voted out) ... i feel like most people would have gone back on the deal.

I would have been very upset about it. But ultimately there is no way i would have kicked myself out of the game under the circumstances yau set up for himself.

Jennifer

« Reply #139 on: May 14, 2007, 10:12:55 AM »

SURVIVOR FINALE

I'm still perturbed by Jeff Probst's all-too-revealing questions at the various tribal councils.  All the plotting, scheming and deal-making are the subjects of his pre-voting questions.  I think a case could be made that folks are alerted to things they were not aware of...and I think it spoils the show.

Okay this is surprising me. But we are on the same wave length here.

It has been driving me crazy to have these discussions pre-vote. These should be asked post-vote. It is ridiculous. The questions have been totally leading. And the people have been giving away key strategies before the vote. Stacy basically got herself voted out last week by announcing that "the vote would be split" (what was she thinking).

I totally think that the questiong is not fair. Although these tribals last 3 hours and we only see 5 minutes. But still. I totally agree with you here.

singdaw

« Reply #140 on: May 14, 2007, 10:16:44 AM »

Tom's illegitimate daughter?  Is she still around?

**SPOILERS**

DR DtM -  Yes.  Her mother is dead; she is living with Tom, Lynette, and the boys.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: May 14, 2007, 10:17:05 AM »

I've packaged up a couple of orders, I've answered a few e-mails, I've burned someone a CD.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: May 14, 2007, 10:18:02 AM »

Welcome fourteen GUESTS.  We're having ever so much enjoyment - why don't you join in?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: May 14, 2007, 10:18:21 AM »

Will we never get to page six?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #144 on: May 14, 2007, 10:18:38 AM »

Good Afternoon!

It's nice and sunny outside.  That is all for now.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: May 14, 2007, 10:19:00 AM »

I am debating about a jog, but won't do it until after I get back from Ye Olde Post Office, where I hope things are back to normal after an unusually busy last week.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #146 on: May 14, 2007, 10:19:04 AM »

DR DakotaCelt: Is it possible people are just watching less tv?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

singdaw

« Reply #147 on: May 14, 2007, 10:19:52 AM »

Welcome fourteen GUESTS.  We're having ever so much enjoyment - why don't you join in?

And the legs.  Don't forget the legs.

singdaw

« Reply #148 on: May 14, 2007, 10:21:42 AM »

I've burned someone a CD.

Is that someone in a tree?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #149 on: May 14, 2007, 10:24:11 AM »

That could be possible Laura. Fragmentation of television is also contributing as is lifestyle changes. Internet has also changed how people have viewed television.  I also think the ratings groups such as Neilsen do not take into consideration that people tape, Tivo or DVR programs. However I have heard they may be changing that approach.

One study I was reading is wha tis helping a few of the ABC programs in the ratings is the access to the internet allowing people to watch and episode when it is convenient. It namely cited Ugly Betty. Granted due to my work schedule that is how I have seen it this past season is on the net.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Up