Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BK VS. THE SPIDER  (Read 14906 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: BK VS. THE SPIDER
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2012, 01:51:18 PM »

Page Four!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2012, 01:57:33 PM »

TOD:

Theatre: ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS: CHIPWRECKED (taking my grand nephew Cole to see it...but I am very afraid!).

DVR: Last night's THE OFFICE

I found last night's THE OFFICE disgusting and a bit creepy.  I think I will find something else to watch on Thursday evenings at 9:00 p.m.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2012, 01:58:38 PM »

Did anyone read that Rick Santorum has accused President Obama of encourage young people to go to college because colleges are "indoctrination mills" that strip young people of their "faith commitment".

Really? 

Merciful heavens!!!

At this point, nothing that fool utters surprises me. I find it frightening that someone so bigoted, stupid, misinformed, marrowminded, terrifying and downright ugly could find so many equally repellent voters to give him his fifteen minutes of Public Ugliness.
I'm marrow-minded. Anybody with leftover marrow bones, send them my way.

Anyway, the Washington Post has a horror story on how Santorum is appealing to GOP women. HUH????

With Anita Bryant in the news (since her ex-husband just passed away), I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on - was Anita Bryant any more hostile about homosexuality than the anti-homosexuality people who are run of the mill today?

I don't think so and she apologized later.

No, she didn't!
http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2010/07/09/Anita_Bryant_is_Back_Hosting_Antigay_Rally/
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2012, 01:59:14 PM »

And I must say it is so very nice to hear from DR Danise....looking forward to seeing you on Anderson Cooper!

I think DR Danise should convince Anderson to join us at HHW.  if not, maybe she could convince him to come over to my house for a slumber party nice chat.

Hmm. I wonder what you could mean.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2012, 01:59:27 PM »

Did anyone read that Rick Santorum has accused President Obama of encourage young people to go to college because colleges are "indoctrination mills" that strip young people of their "faith commitment".

Really? 

Merciful heavens!!!

At this point, nothing that fool utters surprises me. I find it frightening that someone so bigoted, stupid, misinformed, marrowminded, terrifying and downright ugly could find so many equally repellent voters to give him his fifteen minutes of Public Ugliness.

Anyway, the Washington Post has a horror story on how Santorum is appealing to GOP women. HUH????

With Anita Bryant in the news (since her ex-husband just passed away), I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on - was Anita Bryant any more hostile about homosexuality than the anti-homosexuality people who are run of the mill today?

I doubt Anita Bryant was homophobic at all.  She basically followed the script her husband gave her.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2012, 02:01:30 PM »

And I must say it is so very nice to hear from DR Danise....looking forward to seeing you on Anderson Cooper!

I think DR Danise should convince Anderson to join us at HHW.  if not, maybe she could convince him to come over to my house for a slumber party nice chat.

Hmm. I wonder what you could mean.

You'll have the same problem discussing Bollywood and John Abraham with DR MBarnum.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:17:03 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2012, 02:05:02 PM »

DR Vixmom thank you for sharing the beautiful photo yesterday.  When we were in Maui we saw a beautiful variety of Cardinals. 

“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2012, 02:05:48 PM »

Speaking of Anita Bryant like Anita hole in the head, the trial of the young man who drove Tyler Clemente to suicide last year began today.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2012, 02:06:23 PM »

DR Vixmom thank you for sharing the beautiful photo yesterday.  When we were in Maui we saw a beautiful variety of Cardinals. 

Yes. We have one of those in Manhattan now at St Patricks.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2012, 02:10:22 PM »

I cannot possibly express my excitement over just having received an overnight shipment from Universal containing the hotly anticipated BARBIE:  A MERMAID TALE 2.  Somehow I missed BARBIE:  A MERMAID TALE 1.

I was equally confused about JOURNEY 2: THE MYSTERIOUS ISLAND.  I finally tracked down the fact that it was a sequal to JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH.  Really?
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2012, 02:12:10 PM »

Nice story on Janis Paige, still singing at 89:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-janis-paige-20120224,0,6747944.story

I know it's unfashionable to like her, but I always enjoyed her distinctive voice in "The Pajama Game" and loved her in "Silk Stockings."
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

MBarnum

« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2012, 02:13:25 PM »

Sorry, MBarnum, I can't remember a title except for Lagaan at the moment. That was the one that got me hooked. And I don't even like cricket, but I watched all four hours.

Oh yes, Lagaan was a good one.

I would recommend MY BROTHER NIKHIL, if you should come across it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2012, 02:13:32 PM »

Saw a gorgeous male cardinal yesterday as I left work yesterday. Surrounded by plenty of green foliage, his red coat of feathers was a tonic before the rush hour traffic.

“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2012, 02:14:37 PM »

Saw a gorgeous male cardinal yesterday as I left work yesterday. Surrounded by plenty of green foliage, his red coat of feathers was a tonic before the rush hour traffic.

LOL!
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2012, 02:17:39 PM »

Really? 

Merciful heavens!!!

I doubt Anita Bryant was homophobic at all.  She basically followed the script her husband gave her.

She's still showing up at antigay rallies.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2012, 02:19:21 PM »

I hadn't realised how tame my goldfish are. They swim close to the surface of the pond and let me stroke them with my fingers. I'm amazed that all the local cats (including Daisy) don't catch them but maybe the fish are used to me and have the good sense to swim deep when the cats are around!

My sister has a backyard pond that has a Koi named Buddy who looks about the size of a small Great White.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2012, 02:20:55 PM »

Here is my first completed knitting project - an improvised scarf that it's still cold enough to wear here in SW Ohio:

Very nice, Ginny.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2012, 02:23:35 PM »

Back from lunch, picking up a package but no important envelope (hopefully tomorrow), and have finished proofing the book.  Working with Grant at four-thirty and it is my sincere hope that we can finish everything except the back cover, as we're still waiting on blurbs.  The front cover art is fantastic and finished and I hope to be able to show it to you tonight.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2012, 02:26:21 PM »

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-janis-paige-20120224,0,6747944.story

I know it's unfashionable to like her, but I always enjoyed her distinctive voice in "The Pajama Game" and loved her in "Silk Stockings."

She looks great.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2012, 02:27:52 PM »

Sorry, MBarnum, I can't remember a title except for Lagaan at the moment. That was the one that got me hooked. And I don't even like cricket, but I watched all four hours.

Oh yes, Lagaan was a good one.

I would recommend MY BROTHER NIKHIL, if you should come across it.

Yes, so would I.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2012, 02:28:57 PM »

Really? 

Merciful heavens!!!

She's still showing up at antigay rallies.

Yes, I see that.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2012, 02:30:22 PM »

Is she still singing flat?

John G.

« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2012, 02:32:24 PM »

Another favorite is "Kandukondain Kandukondain" since it is Jane Austen's "Sense and Sensability." But I heard that wasn't really Bollywood because of the language it was filmed in. But anything with Aishwarya Rai is fine with me.  
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2012, 02:32:55 PM »

See, that's what I'm talking about. I can't sing, so she's doing better than me.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2012, 02:40:13 PM »

See, that's what I'm talking about. I can't sing, so she's doing better than me.

I don't dislike her; I always figured she was someone's girlfriend because she sang badly. I much prefer Doris Day in the film because I find Paige's singing so poor.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2012, 02:49:32 PM »

When this court thing is over 1st week of March, must tell what has been going on, so glad I never had a divorce or had to deal with child custody issues.   Yuck.    My name was mentioned and I just can not figure out why, except that someone is not getting what they want, or maybe realize that they made a mistake. It's been 5 years, don't people get over it.

My mind and heart have been going crazy, the fear and flight thing has been happening, beyond my control.

:) OH WELL

~~~Vibes of Comfort for DR Sam!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2012, 02:51:21 PM »

I blame THE CARDINAL's Associate Producer Harrison Starr for the fact that I am not an international star of stage and screen.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2012, 02:52:42 PM »

I miss having Cardinals in the yard.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2012, 02:55:28 PM »

I gotta tell you.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2012, 02:55:59 PM »

It's been so mild here the past few days. And no snow for so long. But it looks like that will change. We are supposed to get 15cms tonight and then at least 2 more big storms next week. And here i was thinking it was Spring.

It is currently sunny & in the high 50's.  That should change by tonight with snow lasting through tomorrow.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up