Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RUN-ON NOTES  (Read 11867 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE RUN-ON NOTES
« on: September 18, 2010, 12:18:49 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes ran on, and now it is time for you to post until the run-on cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE RUN-ON NOTES
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 12:20:42 AM »

And the word of the day is: FESTOON!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 12:35:23 AM »

Topic of the Day:  slasher films.  I have no interest AT ALL in seeing a movie where people get killed in horrific ways, just for the sake of horrifically killing people. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 03:22:23 AM »

I love "festoon."
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 03:26:20 AM »

Like George, I'm not big on slasher films. I also hate the kind of teen/young adult comedy in which somebody is set up to be embarrassed over and over again. Lately, the more bathroom/bodily function humor, the better, apparently. Included in this category are movies like "Meet the Parents," "The Hangover" and "Wild Hogs." I saw "Hot Tub Time Machine" recently and sat rather stone-faced through.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 03:26:54 AM »

Off to the Shenandoah Valley today. It's way too early now.
― Voltaire

Michael

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 04:32:06 AM »

Like George, I'm not big on slasher films. I also hate the kind of teen/young adult comedy in which somebody is set up to be embarrassed over and over again. Lately, the more bathroom/bodily function humor, the better, apparently. Included in this category are movies like "Meet the Parents," "The Hangover" and "Wild Hogs." I saw "Hot Tub Time Machine" recently and sat rather stone-faced through.

I think I have to agree with you with the slasher films which IMHO have perverted the horror genre. Less is more and what you don't see makes it scarier. I was a big fan of Hammer and the other Brit film companies who did Anthology films like Asylum and The House That Dripped Blood.

But it also extends to sci fi films that follow the same format.

I also don't like hip hop, rap and anything like Step UP 3D moves

So unfortunately that leaves me with very little choices.

In my prime I would usually see a double bill on A sunday if there were no new films out there. but then when I discovered that Grind house that showed three films for $1.25 I thought I had gone to heaven.

Think I mentioned this before. There was one "recent film" one that had been released within the last year or so, one that was a few years old and then a "genre film" (a spaghetti western, chop suey action or very bad T & A)
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 04:40:56 AM »

Good morning, all! I was havig pleasant dreams, the last one involved DR Ginny, as I recall, and it was about silliness in a cafeteria abd waiting for service people to bring out some dinner for a group after a show.

So, I'm up bright and early to head off to the Academy of Arts and Letters by 9:00 for a 10:00 session, the first of five, to record a lot of Victor Herbert. Today's sessions involve Jonathan Michie, a young baritone who will sing several German lied and two Irish folksongs arranged by Mr Herbert, and piano solos by William Hicks.  I'm looking forward to it.

Today, John McGlinn would have turned 57. He is one of four people whom I owe for whatever career I have: McGlinn, Bill Tynes (both deceased), Gary Miller, and Bruce Kimmel.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 04:48:00 AM »

I must say I find that "McGlinn on Broadway" strange since whoever created it didn't use logos from McGlinn's recordings or concerts.

DR FJL, I have no answer to your question about what's going onwith the Oaf Above Me. He's a rude sonofabitch and, since I have to tolerate him enough between midnight and 4 am, I don't give much of a damn what goes on in his personal life.

I wish, however, that everyone of the Famille d'Oaf would move back to Toronto and take the barking dog with them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Safe Travel Vibes & Xylophones on Thursday for BK! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 04:50:23 AM »

I'm having a problem with this new play LOMBARDI because everytime I see a post about it or an ad, I think of Verdi's I Lombardi and that's a whole different kettle of performance.

Ben

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 04:54:56 AM »

I'm seeing Lombardi on Sept. 27th. Not because I have ANY interest in football but because Judith Light is in the show (and Dan Lauria from Wonder Years).

Oh, yes,

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 04:55:38 AM »

I believe Mr. Hall's avatar contains Mr. Barrett.

Ben

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 04:56:02 AM »

Oatmeal with walnuts, strawberries and cinammon and coffee.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 05:21:08 AM »

Oatmeal with walnuts, strawberries and cinammon and coffee.

Oatmeal with dried cranberries, apples and walnuts.

Hi, Ben!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 05:45:46 AM »

And the word of the day is: FESTOON!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  RIBBONS DOWN MY BACK

John G.

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2010, 05:51:03 AM »

Waiting at the airport for the plane and recharging my MP3, which apparently is the first thing I've noticed that I forgot. I wonder what else will be on that list.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 06:02:18 AM »

I just got a phone call from DR Jose alerting me to MTA subway problems so I've sent emails to everyone about the changes. I will take a crosstown bus to the A and C trains and take it up to 155th and walk over.

Thanks, DR Jose!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Safe Travel Vibes to DR JohnG! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ginny

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 06:09:46 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  We are up and ready for breakfast before heading to the Cathedral for Canon Chad's consecration as Suffragen Bishop of the Diocese of the East, Anglican Province of America.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2010, 06:10:26 AM »

DR Elmore - I hope today's recording session goes smoothly!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2010, 06:11:03 AM »

DR Jose - we'll be here until Wednesday afternoon and we're aiming to visit EPCOT on Monday.

Ben

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2010, 06:51:04 AM »

Good vibes to Larry for his recording session even though I missed sending them before he left.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2010, 06:58:17 AM »

TOD:

I hate CGI movies in which CGI is "the star".

I try to avoid them like the plague.
You can dream…or you can do.

Laura

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2010, 07:17:41 AM »

Vibes for the recording today!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2010, 07:20:29 AM »

Re yesterday's photos:
I was on a tagging trip with the monarch scientist in southern Arizona. We tag the monarchs with the hope that a few will be recovered or photographed somewhere else along the way their movement can be monitored. Science has always taught that monarchs east of the Rockies go to Mexico to overwinter and monarchs west of the Rockies go to the coast of California to overwinter. Tagged Arizona monarchs have been discovered both places. So we are trying to prove the scientists wrong. Always a rebel.

KevinH

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2010, 07:23:11 AM »

Good Morning-it'sa beautiful day in Northern Virginia.

KevinH

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2010, 07:24:10 AM »

DR Laura--I've been meaning to tell you how much I enjoy your photos--they're spectacular!

KevinH

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2010, 07:24:48 AM »

TOD: sports movies

Laura

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2010, 07:27:26 AM »

Thank you, Kevin. Sometimes I get lucky. I know it is luck, since I don't know how to use my new camera yet.

KevinH

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2010, 07:27:55 AM »

DR Ben is correct.   That's Brent in my avatar.  

Laura

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2010, 07:28:23 AM »

The white/very pale yellow butterfly was very difficult, because it was skittish and I couldn't get close to it. The sun was also very bright, so most of the shots didn't come out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up