Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TWO SMART WOMEN  (Read 11815 times)

KevinH

Re: TWO SMART WOMEN
« Reply #150 on: September 20, 2010, 06:23:51 PM »

I am very pleased that I have people around the country photographing carpets. Really, I am.

Not only this country!  I took pictures in Ireland and some day I'll try again to post them!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 06:28:32 PM by KevinH »

KevinH

« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2010, 06:26:51 PM »

I went shopping for a new TV yesterday (I thought it was time to replace my 26" console TV).   I didn't buy a TV but I bought a TV stand. 

KevinH, I have discovered that, most of the time, wathcing a television is more interesting than watching a TV stand.

But you haven't seen this TV stand!    Thanks for the laugh, TCB!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #152 on: September 20, 2010, 06:27:27 PM »

Tell Keith you are doing research.

LOL.  He knew it was for you and was very tolerant. :)

Laura

« Reply #153 on: September 20, 2010, 06:28:42 PM »

I am very pleased that I have people AROUND THE WORLD photographing carpets. Really, I am.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #154 on: September 20, 2010, 06:29:08 PM »

I hope DR TCB's tests turn out equally well.

DITTO!!! 

His cholesterol results are going to need the vibes after what he ate just a couple of days prior to the bloodwork. ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #155 on: September 20, 2010, 06:35:11 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: September 20, 2010, 06:46:10 PM »

I spent an hour with a prospective immigration client today. We discussed how we would proceed in trying again after the consulate in Vietnam denied his wife's visa.   At the end he was shocked that I gave no guarantee that this time she would be granted the visa, asked me to give him all the money back he had just given me and left.   I have no problem with this, but how can people expect to get a guarantee about what a government official will do?  especially after a denial.  Sheesh!

::)

I hope he doesn't get swindled by another lawyer who gives a verbal guarantee and nothing else.

They are out there, that's for sure.

Cillaliz

« Reply #157 on: September 20, 2010, 06:52:21 PM »

Back from my first Friends of the Libraray board meeting. 

Jane

« Reply #158 on: September 20, 2010, 07:09:50 PM »

Did you enjoy the meeting?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #159 on: September 20, 2010, 07:14:03 PM »

How was it?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #160 on: September 20, 2010, 07:23:20 PM »

Here's the cover of EP:

I ordered that mother a year ago!

Back from a good day at the Academy of Arts and Letters! From 12-2pm we recorded a couple of piano solos, took a break and toured the Academy, saw Steve Sondheim's photo in the gallery, also Victor Herbert's (1908), Edward MacDowell's, and others. Then at 3 we recorded 4 piano & cello duets. I have a ton of mail so I will go to bed and open all my packages. I forgot to mention that I got some wonderful gifts yesterday.

I know it's been announced for a long time, but the fact that I got an official reviewer e-blast with a street means it actually may see the light of day LOL.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #161 on: September 20, 2010, 07:28:21 PM »

Time to head home for a LOT of TV watching tonight.

Be back later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #162 on: September 20, 2010, 07:28:36 PM »

Watching "Dexter" season 4. What great writing, acting and direction. Really enjoying this season. The NYT gave away a big secret, which was very naughty of them.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #163 on: September 20, 2010, 07:32:33 PM »

Had a nice day in the Shenandoah. We went to a few wineries, which is getting a little too Disney-fied since "Sideways." They've all got way too much shopping for things besides wine, and there's no real information about the size of the wineries, the number of acres planted to grapes, the agricultural approaches or really much of anything. it's just: pour the wine, then buy the something and get out.

Only one of the three wineries was still locally owned and perhaps that's why it was the most fun.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #164 on: September 20, 2010, 07:36:46 PM »

Managed to take a stroll along a nature trail and I guess someone before me was just doing what comes naturally.

― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #165 on: September 20, 2010, 07:46:57 PM »

Anybody gonna watch any of the new or returning show premieres tonight?

I heard that The Event and Lone Star are supposed to be quite good. So i will give them each a chance (although The Event is gonna repeat on Saturday night which is when i'm gonna record it).

Tonight is the premiere of Chuck, Dancing With the Stars, House, Castle, Hawaii Five-O...

I'm looking forward to the return of Castle.  I've set Hawaii 5-0 to record.  The reviews seemed good but the preview we saw isn't as promising.  It looks a bit like Miami Vice.  We are also recording Chase.  The Event looks intriguing.    In the past I've had trouble staying with this kind of show.  I might set it to record and decide later.

I'll probably record Th Event when it repeats on Saturday. Those are my favorite kinds of shows (the complex ones that are very intricate to follow). I hope this is one is good.

Jennifer

« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2010, 07:49:39 PM »

I spent an hour with a prospective immigration client today. We discussed how we would proceed in trying again after the consulate in Vietnam denied his wife's visa.   At the end he was shocked that I gave no guarantee that this time she would be granted the visa, asked me to give him all the money back he had just given me and left.   I have no problem with this, but how can people expect to get a guarantee about what a government official will do?  especially after a denial.  Sheesh!

That does sound odd. Maybe he would have been satisfied to just have you explain what you thought the chances were if you do what you do. But how could he expect a guarantee?

Laura

« Reply #167 on: September 20, 2010, 07:50:34 PM »

LOL, John! Eww.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jennifer

« Reply #168 on: September 20, 2010, 07:51:47 PM »

DR Cillaliz did you watch Dancing With The Stars?

I think my favs were kyle and lacey. And Derek and Jennifer.

I thought Florence and Corky were funny. And I think they were too hard on Audrina. And way too easy on Bristol (who I thought was the worst).  Even though I'm not a fan, I think they were also too hard on The Situation.

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: September 20, 2010, 07:54:18 PM »

How was it?

I think it's going to be interesting.  They do a huge book sale every April (literally thousands of books).  Apparently there are already so many books collected that we are almost out of storage!   It's their major project of the year and I went back several times last year and came home with boxes and boxes of books.  It was great fun

Cillaliz

« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2010, 07:56:19 PM »

DR Cillaliz did you watch Dancing With The Stars?

I think my favs were kyle and lacey. And Derek and Jennifer.

I thought Florence and Corky were funny. And I think they were too hard on Audrina. And way too easy on Bristol (who I thought was the worst).  Even though I'm not a fan, I think they were also too hard on The Situation.

I thought the Hoff and The Situation were the worst.  Derek and Jennifer were my favs but I'm biased. Derek is my fav dancer and I've always loved Dirty Dancing

Ginny

« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2010, 08:16:43 PM »

We are back from a fun afternoon and evening at EPCOT.  We got there about 1:15 and did a lot of the rides and attractions up front before finding our way to the Beach resort hotel to meet our friends at the Cape May Restaurant for dinner.  It was a fantastic seafood buffet.  After dinner, they walked us to a boat dock where we embarked back to the park to walk around the World Showcase and find a good place to watch the fabulous fireworks show over the lagoon.  We just skimmed the international pavilions and agreed that someday we'd like to come back and do those in detail.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #172 on: September 20, 2010, 08:23:35 PM »

"The showers and thunderstorms are blossoming off to the west."  Sounds lovely.

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: September 20, 2010, 08:26:20 PM »

Oh my!  The weatherman just said that Uranus is visible tonight!

John G.

« Reply #174 on: September 20, 2010, 08:28:34 PM »

LOL, John! Eww.
Very different from your photos.
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #175 on: September 20, 2010, 08:44:29 PM »

Did parents actually name their baby boy the Situation?

FJL

« Reply #176 on: September 20, 2010, 08:44:46 PM »

Great news, td

Ginny

« Reply #177 on: September 20, 2010, 08:52:18 PM »

DR td - I'm glad you received a good medical report today!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #178 on: September 20, 2010, 09:03:29 PM »

Did parents actually name their baby boy the Situation?

No, but I can't remember his name.  Mike something I think

Cillaliz

« Reply #179 on: September 20, 2010, 09:03:44 PM »

Good news, td
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up