Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: ON MY WAY TO NEW YORK, NEW YORK, THE CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS  (Read 14173 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: ON MY WAY TO NEW YORK, NEW YORK, THE CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2010, 08:30:01 AM »

This Professor who is writing the Farmer article wants several pics from me and is insisting the publication (which is online) requires 2400 dpi.  I think she meant 240 dpi, as every website I have worked for doesn't deal with anything over 300 dpi (and usually it's as low as 72 dpi).  Plus, you need to compress photos that huge to email anyway.  We shall see.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2010, 08:30:17 AM »

You may thank me for the page turn later.  :)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2010, 08:32:46 AM »

SB rehearsal was great last night.  We almost have the ensemble numbers learned.  I say "almost" because "Let's Have Lunch" is on the edge of being right, but it's not 100% yet. 

Vibes to BK for a great NYC trip, wish I could be there this weekend.  Someday....

JMK

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2010, 08:33:58 AM »

What did other SURVIVOR fans think of Shannon's little tirade last night at Tribal Council?

JMK

« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2010, 08:45:16 AM »

Oh. . .it turns out this is an actual printed publication.  Still, 2400 dpi seems absurdly huge.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2010, 09:15:42 AM »

Greetings from Toyland!  Mr Skip Kennon should be here around 1 pm and we will begin edits on the Harlequinade from THE LADY OF THE SLIPPER, a huge piece of music around 16 minutes long for Montgomery & Stone to be humorously tormented by Harlequin, Columbine and a bunch of cops and merchants conjured by by Cinderella's Fairy Godmother. We'll be on this piece for the next month, what with his schedule and mine.

Zak Stains joined us today at the McGlinnventory; he will be helping us with the next round of dividing, filing, shipping, etc.

My cell phone is out of money so as soon as I leave Toyland, I have to find a Verizon store.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2010, 09:49:15 AM »

This video of a baby Snow Leopard is a real treat.  Be sure to read the story first.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth_news/newsid_8998000/8998044.stm

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2010, 09:51:23 AM »

Chicken wings are popular for the same reasons burgers, pizza and sandwiches are: They're food you eat with your hands. So, you won't find them at too many fork, knife and linen table cloth places (though the ones I had made with truffle oil were).

That said, they are usually available in San Antonio with a choice of either ranch or blue cheese (or both). And there are plenty of places that serve only wings (Buffalo Wild Wings and WingStop are the first two that come to mind).

I went to a chicken conference in Miami about 8 years ago, and the industry just loved the popularity in chicken wings because it gave them a market for a part of the bird that never sold before (only flavorless breast meat seems to sell).
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2010, 09:54:29 AM »

This video of a baby Snow Leopard is a real treat.  Be sure to read the story first.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth_news/newsid_8998000/8998044.stm

that was wonderful. He's a real cutie.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2010, 09:57:41 AM »

From Jose:
*And I believe the City Cafe Diner ships whole cakes.  ;D

OH NO!!  ;D

Jane

« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2010, 09:59:56 AM »

Tonight I watched The Girl Who Played With Fire.  It's one of the movies I bought on eBay.  I really enjoyed it.  I'm going to wait awhile before watching the last movie.  Just to delay the end of the series a little while

I'm glad you liked it.  I'm waiting until the third movie is released since Keith hasn't read the books.

Jane

« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2010, 10:06:05 AM »

Thanks for the Philharmonic report, DR JOSE.

I watched MODERN FAMILY's season premiere last night, which was quite funny.....the new show just before it was.....BAD.....mostly it was bad writing, but the performers, especially the four young leads, were also pretty unfunny.....

Hmmm, we were somewhat disappointed in last nights MODERN FAMILY, enjoyable but not up to the high standard we expect.  There wasn't anything surprising for us and found it too predictable.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2010, 10:09:41 AM »

I won't be taking my laptop with me, so unless I can get on a computer in the hotel lobby, I'll probably be off the board until late Monday or early Tuesday.

Have a good trip & successful book reading!!
SAFE & EASY TRAVELS!!!

Jane

« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2010, 10:13:03 AM »

Knock 'em dead in NY, BK. 

TOD:  I've always been fond of the Harry Palmer movies with Michael Caine.

After watching HARRY BROWN on Netflix the other night we have been in the mood to watch THE IPCRESS FILE.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2010, 10:17:04 AM »

Have any of you who work in any sort of print or online media ever heard of a publication requiring a 2400 dpi scan for a photo?  It just seems absurdly high to me.

It seems highly absurd to me.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2010, 10:19:12 AM »

What did other SURVIVOR fans think of Shannon's little tirade last night at Tribal Council?

I think it was a fantastic example of a person committing game show suicide.

He tied the rope into a noose, threw it over a sturdy low-hanging branch and then was shocked to discover he had hanged himself.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2010, 10:20:08 AM »

You may thank me for the page turn later.  :)

....uh......oh....sure.....'thanks'.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2010, 10:32:43 AM »

I'm off to Chicago first thing tomorrow morning to do the Hollywood Celebrities Show on Saturday and Sunday.  Home on Monday.

If anybody on this board is in the area, come on over to the event, held at the Hilton/Rosemont Hotel (close to O'Hare airport), and say "Hello".

~~~Early Travel and Have a Great Time Vibes for DR Druxy!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2010, 10:35:06 AM »

SB rehearsal was great last night.  We almost have the ensemble numbers learned.  I say "almost" because "Let's Have Lunch" is on the edge of being right, but it's not 100% yet. 

Vibes to BK for a great NYC trip, wish I could be there this weekend.  Someday....

I remember reading an article about SB when it first opened and originally, they called that number "Let's Do Lunch," but they changed the title because back in the 1950s, they didn't "do" anything. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2010, 10:42:58 AM »

I don't know what the guy was thinking? He really turned out to be an idiot (even if he was nice to look at...but still, there is Chase).

MBarnum

« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2010, 10:46:27 AM »

DR Jose, had you at some point mentioned the internet cooking show DOIN' IT WITH ETHAN?

It sounds very familiar. Anyway, here is the latest segment featuring OUTSOURCED cast member Parvesh Cheena (who is such a nice guy).

It is rather amusing: http://doinitwithethan.com/celebrity-interview/parvesh-cheena-is-doin-it-with-ethan/

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2010, 12:24:24 PM »

"Criminal Minds" was a very tragic story last night.  Creepy guest performance by Tim Curry.

That, plus the departure from the show of one of the regulars (another departs next week) signals change for "Criminal Minds" that may either energize the show or ruin it.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2010, 12:39:22 PM »

I remember reading an article about SB when it first opened and originally, they called that number "Let's Do Lunch," but they changed the title because back in the 1950s, they didn't "do" anything. ;)

Ha!  Yes, I mentioned that to the cast the other night.  They were bright and came up with the reasoning before I said mentioned it.

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2010, 12:54:34 PM »

re: the discussion about fries and ranch dressing.

Honestly here I don't even know if ranch dressing is usually an option with your salad. I don't eat salad out that often. And if i do there is usually the house dressing.

Re: DR Jose's question whether chicken wings are served with ranch dressing.  There are not that many restaurants here that I've been to that serve chicken wings.  And I"m not sure what the dressing they serve is. But let's just say that I do not believe that ranch dressing and wings are very popular here (I've never heard of them being a popular combo).

These items are VERY popular in sports bars, etc.   Do you frequent those?

Not really. But that was actually the only place I could think of that would serve chicken wings here.

Jennifer

« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2010, 12:58:44 PM »

Re: last night's SURVIVOR

I think it was a fantastic example of a person committing game show suicide.

He tied the rope into a noose, threw it over a sturdy low-hanging branch and then was shocked to discover he had hanged himself.

I'm curious if those 2 girls (who they showed voted for him) changed their votes after hearing his tirade.

I was happy that Brenda was safe, since I really like her. I can't exactly figure out whey they wanted to vote off the strongest women first.

As for Shannon. They must have skipped some stuff because why would he ask "are you gay?" out of nowhere. It made no sense.  But then to rant on about New York having a lot of gay people. Well he was just acting ignorant and I agree he hung himself.

John G.

« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2010, 01:41:25 PM »

Well, I did the zip line today. I feel more adrenaline zooming in my system now than I did during the four jumps and two trials. I really enjoyed hanging over the fields even if I never quite learned to brake properly.

By the way, looking at the platform that my friend fell off yesterday: I would say from her side it was about five feet and she fell downhill.   
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2010, 01:52:09 PM »

I have arrived.  I couldn't have asked for a nicer or smoother flight, better weather, or a faster drive into the city.  So, thanks for all the excellent vibes and xylophones - they sure do work.  And keep 'em coming for the weather to remain nice until after I'm back in LA (and still nice no matter what).

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2010, 01:53:00 PM »

The hotel is wonderful - it's only six months young and clean and friendly and the nice gal at the front desk upgraded me to a room with a nice view.

John G.

« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2010, 02:24:04 PM »

Here I am on the longest of the zip lines, which was about 450 feet.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2010, 02:25:09 PM »

Here I am a second after stepping off a platform into the void. Stepping off was not fun; the ride down was.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up