Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SALLY FORTH  (Read 17517 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re:SALLY FORTH
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2005, 10:15:35 AM »

Yes Jennifer Garner's new husband is Ben Affleck.

They are Bennifer 2.0.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jason

« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2005, 10:18:37 AM »

One could also suggest that the courtship of Katie and her father - I mean, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes - is pretty amazing, too.

Greetings, all. Hope you had a safe, happy 4th of July. I spent the day with friends, old and new, and even had to turn down an offer for dinner and fireworks because of previous plans! I've never had to do that before... The worst part of it, though, was that I had to turn down the person for whom I have a huge crush. Oh, well...c'est la vie.

This weekend I saw my very own Kristin Chenoweth in BEWITCHED. I love Kristi, and I think she's outrageously talented, but do we have to sing in everything we do? Is she afraid that her acting chops aren't enough - that she has to sing in her "I'm a munchkin but I sing opera" voice to legitimize her place next to Nicole Kidman? Totally unnecessary. The movie was alright - not great...just alright - until Uncle Arthur came along and then I got really bored and confused. And for an Oscar-winning actress, Ms. Kidman is not very good at hiding her Australian accent. But that's just my $.02.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

PHEROMONES!!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 10:22:41 AM by Jason »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2005, 10:19:22 AM »

Btw, no Big Brother comments? :(

So who will be watching this year? (DRS Ron? MattH? Stuart? MBarnum?)  Anyone else?  I think the twist sounds very interesting.  Survivor has nothing on them!

I'm wondering what they're doing with the contestants right now...considering they've let loose with the big secret identity twist that can double the prize money should a "pair" make it -- undetected -- to the final two.

I believe the show has always been "live" (at least, for east coast viewers)...so they've either sequestered the contestants until Thursday, or they've already begun.

But I wouldn't miss it for anything.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2005, 10:20:47 AM »

I wonder if Nefertiti ever got tired of hearing the PHEROMONE?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2005, 10:20:58 AM »

Page Three Dancing at Lughnasa Dance:

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2005, 10:26:11 AM »

It was a long trip indeed MBarnum. A few more days and I don't think I would have left.

Dim Sum with Ron Pulliam, ladies and gents. Not to be missed if you are in the Bay Area. I spent the rest of that day milling about in Jack London Square. A lot of empty shops and restaurants, but it was a Monday. What else did I do? A lot of family stuff. My dad has 11 siblings and most of them were out there for my cousin's wedding. Went to Santa Cruz. Went to a couple A's games. Ate a lot. Swam. Yes, I swam after eating. Shopped for records when I could. Played cards with Aunt Bea and Uncle Jim. Oh yeah, went to the wedding.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2005, 10:26:48 AM »

When they were a couple, Ryan O'Neal would often make PHEROMONE with his bad jokes.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2005, 10:37:16 AM »

DR Ron, I think I read somewhere today that they went in the Big Brother house july 3rd.  So this thursday we will see what they have been up to in those 4 days.

Yes we know the "twist", however, we (the viewers) do not know who each is paired with. I believe they will announce that to us the next thursday.

I actually hope that nobody in the house spills the beans, because otherwise this twist will unravel fast.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2005, 10:38:25 AM »

I'm writing away - I do enjoy doing short stories, even though I move slower than I do with the novels.  The novels are all about forward momentum and getting to the next chapter, and telling a story at whatever pace you like.  With short stories there is no next chapter, and you must be more concise in the storytelling without losing style and color and visual sense.

Jennifer

« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2005, 10:39:26 AM »

Btw, re: Big Brother, not sure when they made the "twist" public, but I'm sure the contestants have been sequestered for a while now.

Although if I were on the show, I'm not sure I would believe them if they told me I was the only one with a friend in the house.  Although considering there was only one twin in the house last year, I guess it would be possible.

I think it will be fun for the first week trying to figure out who knows who.  I think some people have already started to speculate based on where each person lives.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2005, 10:40:06 AM »

I'll be enterering what I hope are the final final galley fixes tomorrow morning at Grant's.  As I mentioned, we came up with a couple of cover ideas, one of which I'm very fond of.  We'll do some work on that, and if that's what we go with, I should be able to turn everything in by the end of next week, which means the release should be in September or so.

MBarnum

« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2005, 10:40:10 AM »

DR Ron Pulliam, the BB contestants are kept sequestered for about a week prior to going into the house...

DR Jennier, I couldn't get the link to open so I am still in the dark regarding the twist...but I am certainly looking forward to Thursday night! I checked out the contestants on CBS's websight and have no favorites yet.

Jennifer

« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2005, 10:41:01 AM »

My favorite part about Big Brother is reading about the live updates.  They are much better than the actual show!

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2005, 10:41:43 AM »

DR Jennifer, indeed I plan on watching the new season of BB.  Until such time when I say to the Dear Partner "These people are shallow and vapid.  Remind me why I am spending my evenings with them...."  But perhaps that time won't come along.  Who knows?

And, DR Ron Pulliam, I believe (but am not sure) that each season begins several days prior to the first broadcast.  That was always the impression I got, at least.  (They need footage for the premiere, no?  And I don't believe that they were done live, except, perhaps, the one in which Kent (??) won the car.  And I'm not even so sure about that.)

Jennifer

« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2005, 10:42:41 AM »

Yes BK, Bennifer (#2) got pregnant, then engaged, then married.  And I agree, it is very weird how they fall in love so quickly.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2005, 10:43:02 AM »

"Truth, Justice, & the American Way" wrapped filming in LA on June 29, just in time for Ben's nuptials to Miss Garner.

Jack Larson is not mentioned in the cast of characters, so if he is portrayed in the film, it's not credited.  No actress is listed as Noel Neill or Phyllis Coates either - although many dead people are portrayed including Toni and Eddie Mannix, Robert Maxwell, Lenore Lemmon, and Helen Besselo, George Reeves' Mother.  This is the most interesting casting to me (next to Affleck as Reeves and Diane Lane as Toni Mannix) - playing Helen is Lois Smith!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2005, 10:44:39 AM »

divaRobbie mentioned a play into movie I must ADD to my list:

THE BAD SEED!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2005, 10:44:58 AM »

My new issue of Scarlet Street just arrived in the mail!

Jennifer

« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2005, 10:45:21 AM »

Here for DR MBarnum is the text to one of the links i provided (it will tell him the Big Brother twist).

Canoe.ca:
Big Brother is now a team game. This season, Big Brother will be a battle of teams not an individual game as in previous instalments.

CBS announced today that the 14 contestants are actually seven teams of secret partners from the outside world. Friends, co-workers and significant others will play the Big Brother game as covert duos. The twist is that each team believes they are the only such partnership in the house.

As an added stipulation, if one team can keep their secret and end up being the last two people in the house, the winner will win $1,000,000 with the second place finisher winning $250,000. If a twosome does not make it to the final two, the winner will win $500,000. The pairings will be revealed to TV viewers during the first live broadcast on July 14th.

This year’s theme is the Summer of Secrets. There are secrets in the new two-storey house, secrets in the game and every houseguest has a secret too which will all be unveiled throughout the summer.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2005, 10:45:22 AM »

Now, wait just a darned minute - who is Jennifer Garner's new husband?  Last I heard she was with Ben Affleck.

There have been rumors.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2005, 10:46:43 AM »

Wait a minute - they JUST got married and the baby is due in November?  Why, that means that...

I'm so bored of these marriages - it's like kiddie playtime.  He leaves JLo in January of 2004 - she marries Marc Anthony a few months later.  Amazing how you can just fall in and out of love so fast, isn't it?  

I suspect for some folk sex is a form of currency and is not about affection.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2005, 10:47:23 AM »

for Big Brother

First show is Thurs july 7th.  And then I believe the next show is tues july 12th.  After that the show will be on tues, thurs, sat, with thurs july 14th being the first live show.

I think that is right.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2005, 10:49:41 AM »

DR Jennier, I couldn't get the link to open so I am still in the dark regarding the twist...but I am certainly looking forward to Thursday night! I checked out the contestants on CBS's websight and have no favorites yet.

Does that mean they're all wearing shirts in the photos?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2005, 10:51:49 AM »

Yes BK, Bennifer (#2) got pregnant, then engaged, then married.  And I agree, it is very weird how they fall in love so quickly.

I'm still amazed, in this age of AIDS, there are so many pregnancies among celebrities.  Of course, if folk practiced safe sex on television, the soaps would be out of business.

Jennifer

« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2005, 10:51:56 AM »

re: big brother

One thing I wonder about is what incentive do you have to keep the secret if your teammate is voted out.

For instance if DR Ron and DR MBarnum are a team, and one gets voted out, what stops the other from blabbing to the group?  And if they blab, that might give a lot of insight to whoever they tell.

Jason

« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2005, 10:54:48 AM »

BTW, Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck's nickname is "Garfleck."

Jennifer

« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2005, 10:59:35 AM »

Hmm, I've never heard them called that.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2005, 11:00:08 AM »

A cursory glance through this issue of SS reveals the names of HHW'ers,  Michael Barnum, Anthony Dale, Mr Bruce Kimmel (hisself), and yours truly - in either the reviews or letters section or BOTH!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2005, 11:00:55 AM »

BTW, Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck's nickname is "Garfleck."

I'd prefer Bennigar.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2005, 11:01:45 AM »

I suspect for some folk sex is a form of currency and is not about affection.

Hmmm....I must have a lot of money in the bank somewhere.  I sure ain't spending any.  :o
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up