Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: DRAMA 1001  (Read 6857 times)

FJL

Re: DRAMA 1001
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2018, 07:51:33 AM »

Couldn't the overflow audience be invited to an invited dress?  (Sometimes, that can feel even more special.)

FJL

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2018, 08:54:12 AM »

George, thanks for that link in last night's posts to Rita Moreno at the Hollywood Bowl!  That was fun!

FJL

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2018, 08:58:27 AM »

Of course, this other prescient (or was it?) lap dance Rita Moreno gave Charlie Rose on morning TV on his 75th birthday, playing her character from "One Day at a Time"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilaEOKT4cRI

FJL

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2018, 09:00:40 AM »

And yes, it sounds to me like Rita's singing "Happy birthday to Jew!"

« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 01:08:07 PM by FJL »

FJL

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2018, 09:11:13 AM »

RITA MORENO, FROM TAP DANCE TO LAP DANCE - my new retrospective article.

What was that quote (almost):  The EGOT-winning gifted Ms. Moreno has never passed up an opportunity to complain about her wonderful rewarding career in show business. 

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2018, 10:25:22 AM »

Good afternoon, all!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2018, 10:25:59 AM »

I haven’t kept up with the career of Johnny Whitaker. I guess I can google it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2018, 10:33:53 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - about six and a half hours of sleep.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2018, 10:34:15 AM »

Yes, Whitaker is singing from Tom Sawyer.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2018, 10:34:27 AM »

There is no invited dress. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2018, 10:34:38 AM »

Or any dress.

FJL

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2018, 11:32:28 AM »

Or any dress.

Hmm, if there's no dress, that costuming choice might appeal to Charlie Rose.

FJL

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2018, 11:39:48 AM »

When I was a wee tyke, I always assumed it was the actors playing Buffy and Jody who were the actual stars of FAMILY AFFAIR.  So I'd thought for quite a while that Brian Keith was the actor playing Jodie and Sebastian Cabot was the actress playing Buffy.

I was excited to see that "Brian Keith" was starring with Doris Day when when I went to see "With Six You Get Eggroll" (on a double bill with Elvis in "Clambake") and then realized while watching the film who Brian Keith was, that he was the adult Uncle Bill, and that Buffy and Jody (who were the show's "stars" to very young me) weren't credited until the FAMILY AFFAIR closing credits. 

« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 11:47:02 AM by FJL »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2018, 11:40:14 AM »

From Bruce:
I think you mean "start" doing his job - he's not doing his job at all.  I literally had to tell him not to do ANYTHING until after he's done the move on Friday other than our rehearsal for ninety minutes tomorrow.

I wrote "Bruce I hope the guy is ok after the move and you can stop doing is job."  That should have been his vs is which kind of changed the meaning.  Yes, I hope after the move you can stop doing his job and he will begin doing his job.

Jane

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2018, 11:48:37 AM »

When I was a wee tyke, I always assumed it was the actors playing Buffy and Jodie who were the real stars of FAMILY AFFAIR.  So I'd thought for quite a while that Brian Keith was the actor playing Jodie and Sebastian Cabot was the actress playing Buffy.

I was excited to see that Brian Keith was starring when when I went to see "With Six You Get Eggroll" (on a double bill with Elvis in "Clambake") and then realized who Brian Keith was, that he was the adult, and that Buffy and Jodie (who were the show's "stars" to very young me) weren't credited until the FAMILY AFFAIR closing credits. 

Oh, this is funny.  When did you finally see THE PARENT TRAP?

FJL

« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2018, 11:48:46 AM »

Fun random stuff from the "With Six You Get Eggroll" wiki page:

Blended family premise

The film was released only four months after United Artists' Yours, Mine and Ours. While both films have the same premise—that of a widow and a widower marrying each other and creating a blended family—the United Artists film was based on a true story and was a huge commercial success (if not critical) becoming the 11th highest-grossing film of the year.

Although there are similarities between this film [ meaning ...Eggroll ] , Yours, Mine and Ours and the later ABC television show The Brady Bunch that premiered in 1969, the original pilot script for The Brady Bunch predated the scripts for both of these films.

FJL

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2018, 12:23:00 PM »

When I was a wee tyke, I always assumed it was the actors playing Buffy and Jodie who were the real stars of FAMILY AFFAIR.  So I'd thought for quite a while that Brian Keith was the actor playing Jodie and Sebastian Cabot was the actress playing Buffy.

I was excited to see that Brian Keith was starring when when I went to see "With Six You Get Eggroll" (on a double bill with Elvis in "Clambake") and then realized who Brian Keith was, that he was the adult, and that Buffy and Jodie (who were the show's "stars" to very young me) weren't credited until the FAMILY AFFAIR closing credits. 

Oh, this is funny.  When did you finally see THE PARENT TRAP?

I recall seeing THE PARENT TRAP on TV first. Never in the movie theater, as far as I can remember.   I'm pretty sure it was in our apartment on East 14th Street in Flatbush, before we moved to Luna Park-Coney Island area, so it had to be before I was 10. 

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2018, 12:27:33 PM »

George, thanks for that link in last night's posts to Rita Moreno at the Hollywood Bowl!  That was fun!

You're welcome!  Jerry Herman's Broadway at the Hollywood Bowl was the very first DVD that I ever owned!  I remember buying it in a no-longer-existing DVD store in the Capitol Mall on the west side of Olympia (the mall is still there, though).  Since I started buying CDs four years before I ever bought a CD player, which I still have, I knew that I'd get a DVD player someday.  I don't remember how long it was before I got a DVD player, but it wasn't four years. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

KevinH

« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2018, 01:10:38 PM »

Maybe I should ask if Kevin will attend?

I was just wondering that myself. :)

I’m wondering too!  It doesn’t look good.  I’m on the waitlist but that probably won’t matter.  BK—do you think I should fly out there and hope there’ll be a cancellation ?!

KevinH

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2018, 01:12:24 PM »

I see I did another great job of “quoting!”

John G.

« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2018, 01:44:44 PM »

Waiting for the dentist. Joy.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2018, 03:02:22 PM »

I spent the morning doing damage control and stuff that I should not have to do, but I think it will help - I have someone printing out and taping all the band stuff and he'll Fed Ex that by Thursday (next) or sooner.  He'll also be able to deal with any key changes should we need them.  I called in yet another favor so the drums and bass parts that need to be done for another song will get done so one less thing to worry about.  I still have two arrangements to work out, but that isn't going to happen until Sunday.  I also have to go to Staples and get a couple of things printed and scanned onto a flash drive - I'll do that first thing tomorrow morning.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2018, 03:09:54 PM »

Now working on liner notes and packaging stuff for the release we'll hopefully announce either tonight at midnight or tomorrow at midnight, probably the latter.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2018, 03:23:54 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2018, 03:24:14 PM »

Mega anti-stress vibes to BK and anyone else who needs them.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2018, 03:25:00 PM »

I had my hair cut today and picked up a little Hollywood gossip...

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2018, 03:34:30 PM »

One of Richard's hairdresser friends from his studio days called him. An actress from a very popular TV show went into a large Beverly Hills hair salon to have her color touched up. She was charged an OUTRAGEOUS amount of money AND they botched it. The friend wanted to know if Richard could fix it. He did. Richard's shop is a little, no-frills place nowhere near Beverly Hills. Nowhere near the prices, either.

Jane

« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2018, 03:36:19 PM »

Hollywood gossip-lol

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2018, 03:36:41 PM »

As you can see, I have no news.

I did, however, order a desktop AC unit and will fill you all in on it once it arrived and I've had a chance to use it.

Stay cool. TTFN.

Jane

« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2018, 04:35:11 PM »

Good luck the AC works well, and arrives quickly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up