Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TODAY IS THE DAY  (Read 19268 times)

Cillaliz

Re:TODAY IS THE DAY
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2006, 07:09:33 PM »

Next Thursday, count jhvw and I in on the day, dinner and post show.

Ginny

« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2006, 07:10:10 PM »

DR Elmore's glowing Starfighter report made me smile.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2006, 07:10:13 PM »

Cool carrots!  (can't have cool beans all the time)  It's page 6!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #153 on: September 29, 2006, 07:14:53 PM »

From Matt H-
What I liked about Craig Bierko on BOSTON LEGAL was that he wasn't a carbon copy of the other lawyers in the firm. Fizzy, flip, and fun: at least I thought he was. Sorry you and Keith didn't enjoy him, DR Jane.

We thought he was like the other lawyers, in a quirky way, just not funny & found him annoying. ;D

We do agree Ugly Betty was charming. :)  Thanks for reminding me to watch her.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 07:15:17 PM by Jane »

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #154 on: September 29, 2006, 07:16:19 PM »

George wonderful closing vibes!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #155 on: September 29, 2006, 07:16:34 PM »

I also liked Ugly Betty

vixmom

« Reply #156 on: September 29, 2006, 07:17:18 PM »

I spoke with FJL earlier this eveing he said the reading was very well received and BK was wonderful!!

vixmom

« Reply #157 on: September 29, 2006, 07:18:55 PM »

I missed the season opening of Boston Legal last week but remember this week... the new guty didn;t do anything for me  and his sidekick.. "Ooh! IcckkkY!" was too icky for me.  I wanted to slap her.

vixmom

« Reply #158 on: September 29, 2006, 07:19:35 PM »

Where ands wehen are we meeting on Thursday?!

(I am so excited another playdate!!!)

vixmom

« Reply #159 on: September 29, 2006, 07:20:56 PM »

CSI is interesting this year... several story lines going that stretch over several weeks it looks like.. this weeks were all continuations of last weeks and none of them were resolved as of yet....

vixmom

« Reply #160 on: September 29, 2006, 07:22:15 PM »

Jane, elmore told me last Saturday that you weren;t going to be able to join us this yera ... I was so sorry to hear that l.  I had been looking forward to seeing you again.

(Do you need another bagel shipment?)

vixmom

« Reply #161 on: September 29, 2006, 07:22:36 PM »

frenzy!!

vixmom

« Reply #162 on: September 29, 2006, 07:23:08 PM »

I beleive I shall now backtrack to see what  I have missed over the past few weeks!

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: September 29, 2006, 07:35:10 PM »

Vixmom, it's so good to see you again on the board. Can't wait until Thursday to REALLY see you again

Cillaliz

« Reply #164 on: September 29, 2006, 07:36:17 PM »

Well, I'm slowly feeling a bit better.  I think if I had just had one of my commit lozenges, my craving would have gone away

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #165 on: September 29, 2006, 07:37:21 PM »

George wonderful closing vibes!!

Thanks, Vixmom! ;D

Earlier this afternoon, my real estate agent and I met the guy (Bruce) who did the initial inspection and found the moisture under the vinyl in both bathrooms.  The sellers had that and other things fixed and Bruce came and checked it again (for free!) and found that there was no longer any moisture!  The replaced vinyl in the downstairs bathroom looked good and both the new toilets (that I bought...well, my sister ;)) were installed and looked all spiffy and clean and new!  They sellers also replaced the 20-year-old 50 gallon hot water heater with a brand new 67 gallon hot water heater and a drain pan (which was never there before)!  An upgrade!!  So, it's a go!  I close on Monday morning!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #166 on: September 29, 2006, 07:38:18 PM »

And now, I must rush home (carefully) so that I can watch the first two episodes of "Doctor Who, Series 2!!"

Later!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #167 on: September 29, 2006, 07:38:38 PM »

This is elmore3003 reporting from Manhattan on the Broadway premiere of Bruce kimmel in THE LAST STARFIGHTER reading:  he was an absolute delight!  In fact, the entire show was quite delightful, with excellent character actors, some attractive young actor, a charming leading (young man), and some excellent musical and comedic moments.  Our BK looked as if he were enjoying himself immensely, and his good humor and way with a melody and a lyric should be the envy of others.  

Kudos go as well to our DR FJL for his humorous and touching libretto and to Skip Kennon for some wonderful music and outrageous lyrics. Mr Kennon also plays an excellent piano.  I enjoyed myself immensely.  

How EXCITING!.  Thank you for the wonderful report, though I expected as much.  I think the music is wonderful.  :D

Jane

« Reply #168 on: September 29, 2006, 07:41:55 PM »

Back from a lovelier than lovely dinner with hosts FJL and Skip.  It was yummilicious - I had some pasta pesto tihng - not a fan of green, but it was tasty.  Am now having a cuppa tea and then will be on my to see A Chorus Line. I talked too much at dinner and will now have to keep my mouth shut the rest of the evening - I'll get up around eight-thirty tomorrow, which will give me plenty of time to walk, have a cuppa tea, shave, shower and hopefully be in voice for our 11:30 show.  Then we have four hours, which will hopefully be enough time to recuperate, and after that I'll talk as much as I damn well please.

Have an even better show tomorrow!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #169 on: September 29, 2006, 07:42:58 PM »

Thanks, Vixmom! ;D

Earlier this afternoon, my real estate agent and I met the guy (Bruce) who did the initial inspection and found the moisture under the vinyl in both bathrooms.  The sellers had that and other things fixed and Bruce came and checked it again (for free!) and found that there was no longer any moisture!  The replaced vinyl in the downstairs bathroom looked good and both the new toilets (that I bought...well, my sister ;)) were installed and looked all spiffy and clean and new!  They sellers also replaced the 20-year-old 50 gallon hot water heater with a brand new 67 gallon hot water heater and a drain pan (which was never there before)!  An upgrade!!  So, it's a go!  I close on Monday morning!!

George, that is wonderful!  Congratulations.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: September 29, 2006, 07:43:35 PM »

Back from A Chorus Line and will write extensively in the notes.  I'm sure it will be a little different than Mr. Ron Pulliam's reaction, and it will be very different from the Internet postings that B'way sites are rife with - they've all got it terribly wrong - the ones who don't like it and the ones who do.  Being a A Chorus Line junkie, my comments, at the very least, will be informed, as I've seen the original B'way cast and various other casts over the years at least sixty times.

Jane

« Reply #171 on: September 29, 2006, 07:47:22 PM »

Jane, elmore told me last Saturday that you weren;t going to be able to join us this yera ... I was so sorry to hear that l.  I had been looking forward to seeing you again.

(Do you need another bagel shipment?)

Sweet to offer but I'm fine.  I still have bagels from our last trip to L.A.  Bryan also brought us some from Portland.

I only postponed my trip.  I still have to complete my commitment to the NIH, no later than the first week in April.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #172 on: September 29, 2006, 07:48:05 PM »

I just received an e-mail from the Hallmark Channel plugging the debut of their new movie, FINAL DAYS OF PLANET EARTH starring Daryl Hannah.  On the Hallmark Channel?  Now, I realize that the Hallmark Channel is not the same as the Hallmark Hall of Fame; but a sci-fi movie starring Miss Hannah is the biggest hit that they could produce for October?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

FJL

« Reply #173 on: September 29, 2006, 07:48:38 PM »

But aside from the show, Bruce, how was your seat?

Jane

« Reply #174 on: September 29, 2006, 07:52:15 PM »

George-The new house sounds ready for Monday-great news!

Penny-I think it is wonderful you have returned to school, and enjoying it!

It took forever for me to get through the posts with all my jumping up every few minutes to tend to Sherlock.  Our morning began at 5:00 & it’s been a long day, plus the 2nd in a row we have had company.  

‘night.

FJL

« Reply #175 on: September 29, 2006, 07:54:36 PM »

Jane - I'll relay your comment about the Starfighter music to Skip.  I'm sure he'll be pleased.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: September 29, 2006, 07:55:49 PM »

The seat was brilliant - I had an empty chair to my right.  The obnoxious woman on the aisle (I was three seats in) was on her cell phone the entire time, right up to curtain.  During the announcement, she was looking at her phone - I couldn't believe it, because the opening of A Chorus Line needs DARKNESS - naturally she kept her phone open with it's ugly light shining brightly - I finally leaned over to her and said "Shut that thing off NOW."  She looked at me as if I was a boiled wart, but she did finally shut the phone.  Unfortunately, it was after the opening light cue came up, so basically this selfish bitch helped ruin the opening of the show, as the light from her phone cast enough illumination to show the entire stage right cast members entering.

Ginny

« Reply #177 on: September 29, 2006, 08:12:37 PM »

Back from the other room, where I watched tonight's Numbers with DH Richard.

Did I mention  that I'm officially ON VACATION ?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 08:13:16 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #178 on: September 29, 2006, 08:22:09 PM »

DR Vixmom - I hope you and The Vixter have a grand time tomorrow!  Looking forward to seeing you on Thursday.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #179 on: September 29, 2006, 08:24:08 PM »

Hmm...

I'm sitting here already feeling quite tired and sleepy, and wondering why I'm feeling quite tired and sleepy...  And then I remembered that I've been up since 7:00am... So... I guess I should be quite tired and sleepy already.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up