Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: EAR READERS  (Read 23748 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:EAR READERS
« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2005, 10:17:06 AM »

Wow...DR's SWW & derBRUCER have a dog that opens the pantry and gets microwave popcorn and DR JMK has a dog that rings the front doorbell....and MR BK has a Diet Pepsi that does the trick.

This place is a regular CIRQUE de SOLANGE.

And it rather makes some of us seem not-so-special after all, huh?!!!?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2005, 10:20:59 AM »

Page 4...........
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2005, 10:31:02 AM »

Talk about last night's DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES.

The Bree-George story line did take an interesting turn.  Oddly, I found George's singing voice rather pleasant!  I wanted to hear the whole medley whether Bree did or not.

So did I! But why did you say "oddly".  Roger Bart is a very good singer. I'm happy that we finally got to hear him sing.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2005, 10:31:22 AM »

And it rather makes some of us seem not-so-special after all, huh?!!!?

Ain't it the truth!  ;D

What a GREAT photo, DR RLP!  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2005, 10:32:42 AM »

Finished the patter and am printing it out, and have also e-mailed it for comments and suggestions.  Got to make any changes today, so I can e it to the various performers.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2005, 10:37:29 AM »

You are getting to spend some quality time with Marty...time that will result in Marty feeling better, too.

I know, I know.  I just don't like doctors, and I don't like doctor's offices.

Marty was the one who decided to wake me up this morning.  He lay on top of me and washed my face.  He's got a tongue like sandpaper; I'm amazed he didn't scrub my beard off.

Then Buster got a little jealous, and joined in the licking.  Marty took from my nose on down, Buster concentrated on my forehead.  He also washed Marty's face a little, I think.  After a few minutes of this, Mikey came in and started to bark at us.  He wanted breakfast.

It's a routine they have, with a changing roster of facewashers and Mikey as the constant, playing at being an alarm clock.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2005, 10:39:08 AM »

Someone asked the other day about Mitch Vogel.  For his edification, I offer this:

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2005, 10:40:08 AM »

Ain't it the truth!  ;D

What a GREAT photo, DR RLP!  ;D

From "Belle of New York", dontchaknow!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2005, 10:43:55 AM »

Well....I've been nearly shocked out of my socks!

FedEx has delivered a package to me...from Amazon.com.  Never has FedEx delivered any Amazon order I've placed in our entire history of doing business.  It has ALWAYS been UPS.

And what was in the package?  Two DVDs I totally forgot about ordering...."Foul Play" and "Seems Like Old Times" -- a couple favorites with Goldie Hawn and that Bruce Kimmel wannabe named after a city in Maryland.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2005, 10:45:39 AM »

Talk about last night's DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES.
So did I! But why did you say "oddly".  Roger Bart is a very good singer. I'm happy that we finally got to hear him sing.

Oddly because I've never heard of the man before this show and I've no reason to expect him to be able to sing.  And even if I had known he was a singer, I'd not have expected that voice...

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2005, 10:52:36 AM »

BELLE OF NEW YORK has a checkered history from what I read - I have only seen it once.  I get it confused with HAPPY GO LOVELY sometimes, although which one had David Niven?  

That Vogel guy isn't quite as scary when he isn't squinting up his eyes, but still........

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #101 on: November 28, 2005, 10:55:05 AM »

MIGHTY JOE YOUNG was one of those films that WTTV Channel Four used to show in the summers in the 1960's......  Each film would show at 10 am and again at 10 pm for FIVE DAYS IN A ROW.

We show MJY ten times in five days!  Yes Mr Joseph Young has a great personality.  And Terry Moore is a sweet heroine.  I like her in most of her movies...but especially as Robert Wagner's wife in BETWEEN HEAVEN AND HELL.....given a chance, she could act!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2005, 10:57:30 AM »

Stand by for news.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2005, 10:57:53 AM »

It is still raining.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2005, 10:58:06 AM »

That is all.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2005, 11:00:06 AM »

I wonder if they will use that great radio news report in the new KING KONG.

"Kong is climbing the Empire State Building.  That is all."

I love that!  And it's strange that he is called Kong by everybody....although Carl Denham says: "He was a king in his own world...."  And then he has his name up in lights and KING KONG....but he is really just KONG!

Jennifer

« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2005, 11:14:59 AM »

re: roger bart

Oddly because I've never heard of the man before this show and I've no reason to expect him to be able to sing.  And even if I had known he was a singer, I'd not have expected that voice...

I think he won the Tony for Best Featured Actor for playing Snoopy a few years ago in You're A Good Man Charlie Brown. And he was definitely nominated for a Tony for Best Featured Actor for The Producers.

HE'll be in the new Producers movie coming out this December.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2005, 11:20:24 AM »

Is there someone who can please make me a DVD tomorrow night?  

We don’t get the WB station and I want to see FELICITY: AN AMERICAN GIRL ADVENTURE, written  by Anna Sandor

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2005, 11:20:31 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Bill paying - Done!  (Ugh! - My bank account is like Grand Hotel - money comes, money goes... and goes... and goes...)  :-\

Hair cut - Done! -I was still sort of waking up when I was getting my hair cut.  Nothing bad happened, but I somehow agreed to having my the hairline framing my forehead "shaped", consequently, my widow's peak was  trimmed off.  It's OK - it'll grow back in a few days - but it does like a little "different" than usual.

Post office - Done!  Actually, it took me a couple of attempts to drop off my mail.  I did go to check my PO Box, but I forgot to drop off my outgoing mail.  Then I meant to drop it off on the way to getting my hair cut, but I forgot then too.  Then I meant to drop it off after getting my hair cut, but I forgot yet again.  So, as I was pulling into the driveway, and reached into my jacket and noticed the stamped envelopes... Well, I turned right around and headed back to the post office.  Whew!
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2005, 11:24:32 AM »

Good paw vibes for Marty.

Have you tried using baby cabinet locks to keep Fletcher out?  We found them handy for Belle (our dog before Echo) and our cat Knudson (named for a dairy company for obvious reasons).

Jane

« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2005, 11:27:27 AM »

Soon the snow will have covered our satellite dish and I will loose my connection again.  Winter is going to be a real pain if we can't find something to keep the snow off.  Our TV connection is also by satellite. ::)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2005, 11:29:05 AM »

I knew dogs were smart, but I had no idea they were pantry burglars!

Jason

« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2005, 11:33:32 AM »

DR Ron: In addition to his performances in YOU'RE A GOOD MAN CHARLIE BROWN and THE PRODUCERS, you may also have seen Roger in the national tours of THE SECRET GARDEN (Dicken), THE WHO'S TOMMY (Cousin Kevin) and HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING (Bud Frump). I believe Roger was a replacement Huck in the original Broadway run of BIG RIVER, as well.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2005, 11:35:40 AM »

Is there someone who can please make me a DVD tomorrow night?  

We don’t get the WB station and I want to see FELICITY: AN AMERICAN GIRL ADVENTURE, written  by Anna Sandor

DR Jane, I can make one for you since I'll be making on for myself anyway.  PM me your address.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2005, 11:40:52 AM »

King Kong!
You know the name of
King Kong!
You know the fame of
King Kong!
Ten times as big as a man.

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2005, 11:46:30 AM »

DR JANE check this out:

http://www.htmarket.com/satdiscovfor.html

Do a Google Search for Satellite Dish Snow Cover....OR check your Yellow Pages Under Satellite Dish, Accesssories - you might find a local supplier!  ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2005, 11:47:14 AM »

King Kong!
You know the name of
King Kong!
You know the fame of
King Kong!
Ten times as big as a man.

At least!  :o

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2005, 11:53:48 AM »

...And then once I got back home, I put my workout DVD in the player, hit Play, and had a nice 47 minutes and 35 seconds workout.  Just what I needed.  Nothing like a bit of physical activity to help work out some work-related frustrations.  -Yesterday was a good day of rehearsal, complete with a pretty good first run-thru of the show.  However, it was also a long day in a string of long rehearsal days.

...And since orchestra rehearsals start this week, the days will only get longer.  But at least the paychecks get bigger.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2005, 11:59:00 AM »

And now I've just finished playing host to some relatives who just happened to drop in for the afternoon.  My Dad gave them the key the last time they were here.  ??  In any case, they live in Bel Air, MD, which is not that far away from here, but due to a cement mixer which overturned on the inner loop of the Capital Beltway, and, consequently, closed off all traffic on both sides of the Beltway at Tysons Corner - a.k.a. one of the busiest interchanges around the Beltway...  Well... they were supposed to be here two hour ago... Ah, well... They're here now.

They were going to head out to get some Chinese food, but I "reminded" them that there were lots of leftovers in both fridges - fried fish, barbecued ribs, boiled crabs, baked ham, etc...  And my mom had started a fresh batch of rice in the rice cooker this morning - ?? So... A veritable feast.  -And they're eating all the food that I'm not inclined to eat right now.

-And there's also a cute baby with them, and she seems to have taken a liking to me.

Now if I can just learn their names.

:P
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2005, 12:01:42 PM »

Well, I still need to take my post-workout shower.  *I was about to jump in the shower when I heard the front door open, so...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up