Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SHAKE AND BAKE  (Read 13121 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: SHAKE AND BAKE
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2009, 01:21:28 PM »

Then I skimmed through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. The boys were on, but were really just basically background extras commenting on what other characters were doing. The weren't really much a part of the plot. They weren't in the previews for tomorrow.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2009, 01:21:43 PM »

Page Four Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2009, 01:23:21 PM »

TCM ran a string of PHILO VANCE movies today, and I recorded the ones I hadn't seen, so I'll be spending tonight watching two or three of these. I'm not sure how long each one is, but I should easily be able to get two watched and maybe more.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2009, 01:30:54 PM »

DR CP - thank you for commenting on Mr Harlan Ellison.  A appreciate what you wrote and have always appreciated your comments on him.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2009, 01:31:23 PM »

I watched a couple of the Philo Vance movies today.....and now TCM is Jungle Jim territory.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2009, 01:36:27 PM »

Wednesday.....a lovely weather here now as well.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.

Matt H.

« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2009, 01:55:37 PM »

I must do some writing now, so I'll hop off-line to get started on that. Then it's back down to watch THE DRAGON MURDER CASE, the first of the PHILO VANCE movies I hadn't previously seen.

Matt H.

« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2009, 01:55:51 PM »

Spoo!

WBBL.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2009, 02:12:54 PM »

Anybody else excited to see this CHESS concert on PBS (staring Idina Menzel and Gosh Groban):

June 17th:

http://www.theatermania.com/new-york/news/05-2009/chess-concert-with-idina-menzel-and-josh-groban-to_19300.html

I am!  (Sue me. ;))  And it's going to be available for purchase, too. ;D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 02:20:48 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2009, 02:21:00 PM »

Still feeling bad, but feeling much better.

~~~Continued Vibes for DR JRand!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2009, 02:25:11 PM »

My new computer arrived!!  I had it shipped to my work and it's here!  Unfortunately, I still need to clean off my computer desk (it's totally covered with extra "stuff").  And tonight I have rehearsal and tomorrow is the volunteer appreciation dinner for the Washington Center for the Performing Arts.  I may leave work early today or tomorrow, though. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2009, 02:37:46 PM »

ASK BK

How were my soundtrack guesses

David Raskin's score for Separate Tables

Jerome Moross' score for The Big Country

Excellent guesses.  Incorrect, but excellent.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2009, 02:38:39 PM »

LEVERAGE moved to Portland several months ago.  There are a number of films which have filmed here over the past year (CROWLEY, etc.).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2009, 02:42:19 PM »

I had lunch at Hugo's and have finished everything to do with the cast album, and have had several telephonic conversations with various building permit people - I've been given the number of the inspector who's handling the property next door and will be calling them - he can tell these people to hold the noise down.  I also talked to the construction company who have now changed their story - they WERE supposed to be finished yesterday, but the owners have asked for more work - some drainage stuff.  It really will be neverending until the two-story monstrosity is built and these entitled peckerwoods waltz in to their new home.  If they'd been smart, they would have knocked on my door and the door of the people to the north of them and apologized up front for any inconvenience.  When they do move in all I can tell you is I will make their life as much a living hell as they've made mine - that I can promise you.

JMK

« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2009, 02:55:47 PM »

I had lunch at Hugo's and have finished everything to do with the cast album, and have had several telephonic conversations with various building permit people - I've been given the number of the inspector who's handling the property next door and will be calling them - he can tell these people to hold the noise down.  I also talked to the construction company who have now changed their story - they WERE supposed to be finished yesterday, but the owners have asked for more work - some drainage stuff.  It really will be neverending until the two-story monstrosity is built and these entitled peckerwoods waltz in to their new home.  If they'd been smart, they would have knocked on my door and the door of the people to the north of them and apologized up front for any inconvenience.  When they do move in all I can tell you is I will make their life as much a living hell as they've made mine - that I can promise you.

I've started yet another trend.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

MBarnum

« Reply #106 on: May 27, 2009, 03:00:20 PM »

Continued get well vibes to JRand.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2009, 03:10:40 PM »

Just because.....

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2009, 03:11:34 PM »

Every day ought to have a little glitz and glamour in it. 
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2009, 03:13:24 PM »

The just might be very, very nice people who would be horrified to learn you've been put out at them.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2009, 03:14:57 PM »

I've started yet another trend.

So....BK is under YOUR influence, eh!!!??!   

JMK

« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2009, 03:15:28 PM »

That looks like Nanette Fabray at the head of the glitz line.

FJL

« Reply #112 on: May 27, 2009, 03:25:39 PM »

ENTITLED PECKERWOODS - that's the name of my new award-winning play

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: May 27, 2009, 04:04:18 PM »

If they were very nice people they would have introduced themselves weeks ago, told me what was going on, apologized for any bother it might cause.  It doesn't make it easier, but it makes one less angry about these entitled peckerwoods.  If I was doing a teardown (not that I would be) that is what I would do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: May 27, 2009, 04:05:02 PM »

I just did the corrections to the Nudie title song - there were literally mistakes in every single bar, both notation-wise and chord wise.  So, I sent those along and that's one less thing for Friday. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2009, 04:05:30 PM »

The workers are done for the day.  I think the trick will be to be gone during a lot of the day and come home by four.

Ginny

« Reply #116 on: May 27, 2009, 04:05:37 PM »

Well, I set off the smoke alarm while fixing dinner tonight.  I was broiling chopped sirloins and, with the AC on and the windows closed, it got pretty smoky in here.  At least now we know that they work!

Dinner was yummy, by the way.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: May 27, 2009, 04:06:20 PM »

The Harlan Ellison documentary arrived and I think I'll view it.

George

« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2009, 04:09:24 PM »

The Harlan Ellison documentary arrived and I think I'll view it.

Speaking of Harlan Ellison, according to my Futurama calendar, today is his 75th birthday!  Happy Birthday to Harlan Ellison!

:D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2009, 04:14:03 PM »

I don't know who Rob Thomas is but he sure entered my pantheon of heroes today!

http://digg.com/d1sGpj
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up