Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PUNDITS QUERY  (Read 43796 times)

singdaw

Re:THE PUNDITS QUERY
« Reply #180 on: January 03, 2008, 09:20:24 AM »

Apologies to all for mis-quoting Paris Hilton!    :P

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #181 on: January 03, 2008, 09:20:44 AM »

DR JoseSPiano - thanks as always for your well though out and detailed response!

You're welcome, DR singdaw.

And what about this bit of NEWS from Westport County Playhouse?!?!
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #182 on: January 03, 2008, 09:21:53 AM »

Hello, everyone.

I am now caught up on the posts.

CONGRATS to LARRY on his publishing success.
I think he has the most interesting dreams of anyone I know--well, of anyone who's willing to share.

Lots of good suggestions for my trip to the video store today.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 09:27:39 AM by Jeanne »

singdaw

« Reply #183 on: January 03, 2008, 09:23:21 AM »

And what about this bit of NEWS from Westport County Playhouse?!?!

I saw that, and wondered what was up.  Being a close personal friend of Paul and Joanne, I thought perhaps you'd have the inside scoop.  ;)

In any case, those ole' pre-curtain speeches will never be the same again up in Westport.  And they'll undoubtedly be shorter now!  :)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 09:24:17 AM by singdaw »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #184 on: January 03, 2008, 09:23:23 AM »

I will pass on any rain this area at the moment... I am not in the mood to go ice skating.....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #185 on: January 03, 2008, 09:24:48 AM »

I know now which one of my cameras not to take on the plane... The mp3 player is safe....

yes, I got that for christmas and it is a fun little toy...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

singdaw

« Reply #186 on: January 03, 2008, 09:25:15 AM »

Apologies to all for mis-quoting Paris Hilton!

I can't believe I wrote that.

Or that I had to write it.

::)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2008, 09:27:05 AM »

Not a Paris Hilton fan...

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: January 03, 2008, 09:27:08 AM »

JOSE, I really think you ought to teach a seminar on auditioning. I have no doubt from your comments that many, many people are poorly prepared. Even the best college program only covers so much material; you have the experience to provide valuable insider insight.

Does anyone do this sort of thing? It's difficult to imagine that there's a single niche uncovered.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #189 on: January 03, 2008, 09:27:19 AM »

I saw that, and wondered what was up.  Being a close personal friend of Paul and Joanne, I thought perhaps you'd have the inside scoop.  ;)

In any case, those ole' pre-curtain speeches will never be the same again up in Westport.  And they'll undoubtedly be shorter now!  :)

Well, I won't be meeting with Paul and Joanne until sometime next week, after I get my haircut.

And as for those for those shorter curtain speeches... ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #190 on: January 03, 2008, 09:31:32 AM »

I wonder if Tazewell used Joanne's famous line from her movie debut in COUNT THREE AND PRAY:

"Ya wanted to be rid of me...well now yore rid!"

DR JOSE you will impress Ms Woodward I am sure if you remind her of Lissy in COUNT THREE AND PRAY and ask her about her lovely co-star Miss Allison Hayes.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #191 on: January 03, 2008, 09:31:48 AM »

JOSE, I really think you ought to teach a seminar on auditioning. I have no doubt from your comments that many, many people are poorly prepared. Even the best college program only covers so much material; you have the experience to provide valuable insider insight.

Does anyone do this sort of thing? It's difficult to imagine that there's a single niche uncovered.

There are lots of US who do the audition workshop thing.  And there are many people who participate in the workshops.

However, there are many people who go to these workshops, and don't really take away anything constructive from them.  They go, just to go; to say that they've taken a workshop with Mr. or Mrs. So-and-So.

But there's the bigger "problem" of those people who don't think they need to go workshops, that they don't need to keep honing their skills and presentation.  If they're not willing to help themselves, well, there's nothing that any of US can do about that.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #192 on: January 03, 2008, 09:32:58 AM »

Apologies to all for mis-quoting Paris Hilton!    

I would think we could have some fun here misquoting Paris Hilton.
 ;)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: January 03, 2008, 09:34:52 AM »

But there's the bigger "problem" of those people who don't think they need to go workshops, that they don't need to keep honing their skills and presentation.  If they're not willing to help themselves, well, there's nothing that any of US can do about that.

Yes, of course. I'm sure that happens in all fields.

singdaw

« Reply #194 on: January 03, 2008, 09:35:22 AM »

I would think we could have some fun here misquoting Paris Hilton.

Just quoting her is probably hilarity enough!  :)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #195 on: January 03, 2008, 09:35:56 AM »

Well, I must try to get a few things done.

Stay warm (East Coast), stay dry (West Coast), stay well (everyone).

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #196 on: January 03, 2008, 09:36:06 AM »

Actually some workshops I have found very useful and others not so useful. It depends the delivery, the audience and the presenter.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #197 on: January 03, 2008, 09:36:34 AM »

I try to go in with a positive outlook but that is sometimes easier said than done.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #198 on: January 03, 2008, 09:36:44 AM »

Just quoting her is probably hilarity enough!  :)

;D
Oh, yeah.

FJL

« Reply #199 on: January 03, 2008, 09:38:33 AM »

A memorable line (seriously) from an ad in Backstage from someone giving those auditioning workshops was the haunting "I know what they say when you leave the room."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #200 on: January 03, 2008, 09:39:30 AM »

It is sunny here and almost blinding...

The sun reflecting off the white snow is quite brilliant. Lovely actually. It is in the low 20s (above zero) here today. Reasonably nice for this time of year.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #201 on: January 03, 2008, 09:41:08 AM »

DBF made it safely to St. George, Utah. The moutains were pretty he said  when the came up. He appreciated all the positive vibes.

He drove in snow covered land with the exception of the last 40 - 50 miles into St. George.

Ginny

« Reply #202 on: January 03, 2008, 09:41:54 AM »

Our DS Rob is spending a couple of days skiing in Michigan with his girlfriend and her family.  Here's the webcam from there - he's the one in the red jacket  ;)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #203 on: January 03, 2008, 09:42:26 AM »

Good news DR DAKOTACELT.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #204 on: January 03, 2008, 09:43:07 AM »

He looks like he is having fun ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #205 on: January 03, 2008, 09:43:56 AM »

I like to do cross-country... Not too many mountains here however there are some very large hills that subsititute for downhill skiing.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #206 on: January 03, 2008, 09:46:56 AM »

Went dog sledding once... That was a hoot!

Ginny

« Reply #207 on: January 03, 2008, 09:48:18 AM »

DR DakotaCelt - your DBF is in a beautiful part of the country.  Will you get to visit him there?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #208 on: January 03, 2008, 09:51:35 AM »

I have not seen a whole lot of Otto's films, but I did like:

BONJOUR TRISTESSE
LAURA
THE CARDINAL

MBarnum

« Reply #209 on: January 03, 2008, 09:53:26 AM »

...and of course LAURA was remade in Bollywood-land as the film ROG

I am certain that Preminger would have approved of the musical numbers.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17   Go Up