Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: THIS WAY MADNESS LIES  (Read 44441 times)

MBarnum

Re:THIS WAY MADNESS LIES
« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2007, 12:12:48 PM »

So BK, I am wondering if you have plans for working with Cason, Merrill, or any of the rest of the Brain crew in the near future?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #151 on: February 09, 2007, 12:13:41 PM »

Speaking of no cable....where is DR JMK?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #152 on: February 09, 2007, 12:14:17 PM »

DR GEORGE I posted a UTUBE video of the finale of HOW DO YOU SOLVE A PROBLEM LIKE MARIA? last week.  The girl who won was very good....

MBarnum

« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2007, 12:14:32 PM »

Page 6 monster movie dance!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2007, 12:15:25 PM »

I saw the movie MR BK wrote about in the notes a day or so ago....THE CLOSET.  It is very funny.  There was also a foreign film I saw at the same time about a group of thieves trying to steal some rare stamps that was great!!  And now I forget the title.

Congrats to TIGER EDI on her 2000 posts!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2007, 12:15:54 PM »

Wow - the man what made the poster should have made the movie!!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #156 on: February 09, 2007, 12:16:00 PM »

DR GEORGE I posted a UTUBE video of the finale of HOW DO YOU SOLVE A PROBLEM LIKE MARIA? last week.  The girl who won was very good....

I think I did see that. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #157 on: February 09, 2007, 12:17:23 PM »

I am off to the rehearsal/blocking/singing of LOVE IS.... a fund raiser for the Putnam County Playhouse.  I will NOT be taking my dress until the actual event tomorrow.

And now I have just had a terrible thought - what if someone wears the SAME dress TO the event?

I will also reveal that I have a 48" bust....but wear a double A cup titslinger.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #158 on: February 09, 2007, 12:18:15 PM »

I will not be as glamourous as you DR GEORGE.....and I can only think of what DR DtM said when I described my dress....sounds like Dolly Levi is heading back to the Harmonia Gardens.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #159 on: February 09, 2007, 12:18:40 PM »

Pray for Rosemary's Baby -

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2007, 12:26:10 PM »

Congrats Edisaurus on reaching 2000 posts!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2007, 12:26:55 PM »

And now I have just had a terrible thought - what if someone wears the SAME dress TO the event?

This actually happened to me!!  Except that I never met the woman who wore the same outfit...it was made for a friend of a friend's commitment ceremony.  Good thing, I think. ;)

« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 12:27:17 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2007, 12:27:30 PM »

Speaking of youtube, here's something a fellow musician passed on, it's quite HY-sterical.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM

Tomovoz

« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2007, 12:35:51 PM »

CDs:
Theme music from
Barcelona Olympics
Atlanta Olympics
Sydney Olympics
Moscow Olympic
L.A. Olympics
Munich Olympics
Tokyo Olympics

Last DVD watched  "Kinky Boots"
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2007, 12:44:15 PM »

I am sleepy this morning as I got home late last night due to the play THE GOOD DOCTOR that I went to see.

All I can say is that I am really, really glad that I had a comp ticket and did not have to shell out any money to see it.  :P

MBarnum, if all it takes is a FREE ticket, I would galdly pay your way to see THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 12:46:20 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

FJL

« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2007, 12:49:25 PM »

Smashing-in-a-dress vibes to Jrand.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2007, 12:49:42 PM »

BK,
What's your talk on tomorrow?

I have no idea, actually - I presume some sort of screenwriting and/or directing low budget.

FJL

« Reply #167 on: February 09, 2007, 12:49:59 PM »

Milestone congrats to Edisaurus.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2007, 12:51:07 PM »

So BK, I am wondering if you have plans for working with Cason, Merrill, or any of the rest of the Brain crew in the near future?

Certainly they'd be involved in whatever the next incarnation of The Brain is.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: February 09, 2007, 12:51:36 PM »

About forty minutes ago I got a call saying CDs would be here in thirty minutes.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #170 on: February 09, 2007, 12:53:55 PM »

I'm up.

I'm rested.

I'm slightly congested.

It rained...a little.

It's one of those days that feels "close"...not much air stirring and a bit of pressure in the air weighing down on you.

I totally want a full-blown storm to arrive .... or a clearing up and sunshine.  We need rain, however....5 or 6 inches of rain.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 01:03:34 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #171 on: February 09, 2007, 12:59:54 PM »

Good morning dear Esteemed, up-early, peppy, and svelte BK --

Thanks again for a great fun dinner and evening together while I was in L.A. .  I almost called you on Wednesday morning to see if you wanted pancakes, but it was just a little earlier than you usually like to be called, so I was reticient... oh yes!  

I have to try Pig & Whistle again one of these days.... I keep forgetting about it.  I popped my head in when I was having my Hollywood Blvd. walk this past Tuesday, and it is still a great interior.  Did you know that one of its original entertainment features was a Wurlitzer pipe organ??  

And, no elmore, I didn't play there in 1928 !! :)

Then where did you play in 1928?
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #172 on: February 09, 2007, 01:02:00 PM »

I've had a BK morning, of sorts.

I wrote to a CD retailer from whom I buy all my FSM limited edition soundtracks.  I've done tons of business with them over the years.

At any rate, only through them are FSM collector cards available.  There are 10 cards, allegedly, each featuring a famous film composer.  I have three cards, representing two composers (yes, one is a duplicate, and that is one of the things you have to put up with).

My "BK morning" issue was that I received an order on Monday that did not include a card (one is shipped with each order, supposedly, until the supply is exhausted).  I had ordered, and received, three CDs in one package.  No card.  I didn't think a thing about because I figured the supply would exhaust soon anyway.

Yesterday, however, I learned that folks had -- that day -- received CDs that included a card.  When I got home, I had another CD they sold me, and there was one of the duplicate cards I now have.

I sent them a very nice e-mail explaining that I had checked all the packaging from the previous order and that no card had been included.  Could I, I wondered, have a "card credit" on my next order and get two cards if they still had a supply?

The reply I got  indicated I could request an extra card with my next order.

However, the reply began with "Sheesh!" and ended with "I need an aspirin."

I am - for lack of better words -- very hurt by this reply.  I've not only purchased thousands of dollars worth of CDs from them over the years, but I've also ordered CDs from them at Christmas to be mailed to various folks around the world.

I suppose this person has "had it" with the collector cards and wishes they'd never come into being.

I wish, however, that this person had given a bit more thought to his response.

I doubt seriously I'll ever order from them again.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 01:05:59 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: February 09, 2007, 01:06:43 PM »

Two interesting calls.  First from the post office.  What has finally come to light is that a worker at my mail place was fired two weeks ago - because several packages (including mine) were signed for and didn't make it to the mail place.  It would have been nice if I'd been told this, but I wasn't.  There are now safeguards in place so that this cannot occur again.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: February 09, 2007, 01:06:52 PM »

The Klemperer.  Like I mentioned before, the one that you recommended is out of print and has a $99-plus asking price from third-party sellers on Amazon.  I figured I would go with DR Jose's recommendation for now.  It still has Lucia Popp, though from what I read, the male roles are lacking for various reasons.

I also recommended William Christiie's!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: February 09, 2007, 01:08:54 PM »

I also just called my CD lady, got her husband or whoever answered her phone, and I'm now being told there trying to work out some financial problem to get my product.  I cannot believe I'm hearing this - they asked me if I'd pay today and I said no, that I expect an invoice and then my usual net ten days.  If I don't have my CDs by the end of today, this will be her last job for Kritzerland.  I'll keep you posted.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: February 09, 2007, 01:09:20 PM »

So, nothing may go out today.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: February 09, 2007, 01:10:49 PM »

DVD - Cosi Fan Tutte and Idomeneo, continuing my "Mozart immersion," brought about by reading Mozart's Women.

DR Ginny, which ones?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: February 09, 2007, 01:16:50 PM »

I was notified this morning by my brother, just as I was walking out the dorr to my accountant's office, that he's dpoken to my dad's oncologist,  who believes there may be only 3 days to 3 weeks for him to live.  This afternoon, I came home to a message from both brothers advising a return ASAP.  I'm planning to book a flight for Sunday morning, and it all depends on two things: settling the financial mess over this current bank transfer - it seems the mess is Bank of America's - and getting a flight.  At the latest I will be out of New York on Monday afternoon.

I need tomorrow to finish some loose ends here and to pack up the work for TOYLAND, LADY OF THE SLIPPER, Liz Callaway and Kevin Spirtas that I will take with me.

I need vibes for three things, please:
1.  my dad; I pray his death is swift, painless and comfortable as possible
2.  my travel
3.  that this accounting mess is cleared up by tomorrow so I have money to travel and resolve my banking problems

Thanks!

François

« Reply #179 on: February 09, 2007, 01:22:10 PM »

François, my Gallic good friend, perhaps you will get a chance to listen live (it's on at 10pm Wales time) while you sit at your concierge desk.

Well; I sure will listen to the show tomorrow! Maybe not live, because guests have access to the computer at that time but a few hours after, along with my other favourite BBC Radio 2 Friday Night Is Music Night, which showcases some terrific West End singers most of the time!

I wish I could see FOLLIES too!

The French adaptation of CABARET here is a triumph and has been extended until the summer holidays!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Up