Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: TALES OF THE CITY  (Read 45937 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:TALES OF THE CITY
« Reply #300 on: August 06, 2007, 03:19:31 PM »

Thanks for the cold/sleeping advice Jane. I have been sleeping propped up, almost sitting but to no avail. Also I'm a tummy sleeper so it makes it almost as difficult for me to fall asleep this way. Tonight I'm going to see if a Ny-Quil cough and humidifier combo works. It's now been over a week since I've slept more than 1-2 hours at a stretch.

~~~Sleeping Vibes for TPunk!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #301 on: August 06, 2007, 03:19:46 PM »

I just received a call from the casting folks and have an audition for the Brain on Wednesday. Hopefully I will be able to sing without breaking down into hacking coughs. Either way, it will be an interesting experience.

~~~Cough-less Audition Vibes for TPunk, Also!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #302 on: August 06, 2007, 03:20:25 PM »

PAGE 11 SCHOOL HOUSE-MULTIPLICATION ROCK DANCE!!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 03:25:25 PM by George »

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #303 on: August 06, 2007, 03:30:01 PM »

Thanks George!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #304 on: August 06, 2007, 03:33:12 PM »

I know some people think that places like Iowa and New Hampshire shouldn't have so much influence, but I have to tell you, we take our role very seriously.

I think it is great you take it seriously.  I don't think it is fair that by the time we vote in Oregon there aren't many options left, if any.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #305 on: August 06, 2007, 03:34:56 PM »

First spit-take of the morning!  (Keep this up and we can do our own version of THE DROWSY CHAPERONE - I'll get out my fancy dress, which could easily be top hat, white tie and tails).

Ohhhhhhhhh, I thought you were going to get out your fancy DRESS.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #306 on: August 06, 2007, 03:36:26 PM »

Did anybody watch THE COMPANY on TNT last night?

We save the first episode saved on tivo.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #307 on: August 06, 2007, 03:36:41 PM »

Thoughts and prayers to DakotaCelt and family.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #308 on: August 06, 2007, 03:39:38 PM »

Richardson calls it a job interview and that's really what it is. He said yesterday that he used to think that Iowa shouldn't have this much influence, but that here people don't want to shake hands they want answers and that's really a good thing.   He tried to end his larger event with a softball question from a young girl, I think she was 14. She asked "When you pull all the troops out of Iraq, what will you do to stabalize the Middle East?"   There was a long pause and he said "How old are you?"  That's Iowa.

If you become one of the delegates, you are not bound to your candidate.  You can change at a later meeting even at the national convention.  But it's the precinct caucuses that start the whole ball rolling and get all the attention.

I've caucused as a Republican, they do vote on paper and you don't have to tell who you voted for. I like the Democrat's way better.

If anyone wants to brave the Iowa winter (it's usually way below zero that week) to observe the caucus or has a candidate they want to meet face to face....you're welcome to come out and visit. (You can have the fill of all the food you bring yourself)

I ought to give Iowa a try!
“One thing’s universal,

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #309 on: August 06, 2007, 03:46:39 PM »

Yay! I finished writing a treatment plan. Now I can go home and get my getting to be flabby rear end to the gym.

Ginny

« Reply #310 on: August 06, 2007, 03:57:37 PM »

Even without a stove, I just managed to assemble one of our favorite summertime desserts - blueberry pie.  Start with a graham cracker crust - yeah, I could have bought a ready-made one, but instead I followed my recipe which calls for chilling OR baking.  Usually I bake it, because I like the aroma, but chilling seems to have worked fine.  Then you just fill the crust with fresh blueberries and drizzle with a 12oz jar of red currant jelly that's been heated until thin and clear.  Usually I do that on the stovetop, but the microwave seems to have worked fine.  It's chilling now and later we'll have a slice, topped with a dollop of sour cream.  Sounds weird, I know, but it works!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #311 on: August 06, 2007, 04:13:23 PM »

I have read through page 7 now.  Jason I hope I find your day improved.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #312 on: August 06, 2007, 04:18:41 PM »

Sounds delish, Ginny.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #313 on: August 06, 2007, 04:22:06 PM »

I think it is great you take it seriously.  I don't think it is fair that by the time we vote in Oregon there aren't many options left, if any.  

I agree with you on that.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #314 on: August 06, 2007, 04:29:46 PM »

I cleaned the dining room this morning, so that chore is done. I guess I'll head down and read another chapter in THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE. It's SO good.

WBBL.
Wait a sec... you're reading HBP, not Deathly Hallows?  I thought you'd already done HBP.  Or was it just that you read Order of the Phoenix before seeing the movie?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #315 on: August 06, 2007, 04:33:27 PM »

DR Julie ~ What color goddess-toga do you want?  Sorry, no more puce-colored ones -- DR Naomi took the last one....
And the chartreuse togas don't look so hot.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #316 on: August 06, 2007, 04:34:08 PM »

There is no such thing as a squirrel-proof bird feeder.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #317 on: August 06, 2007, 04:36:45 PM »

...I'm dealing with far more practical matters, like, where are my Calphalon sauce pans??
The move has proved too stressful for them, and they're out getting sauced.

::)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #318 on: August 06, 2007, 04:40:09 PM »

I ought to give Iowa a try!
Well, you can be contrary!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #319 on: August 06, 2007, 04:49:09 PM »

There used to be an entire category of pies known as refrigerator pies.  They were popular, I believe, back in the thirties and forties.  But, not being a dessert person, I don't know much about them.  Research time, I guess.

Jane

Tomovoz

« Reply #321 on: August 06, 2007, 05:01:12 PM »

I've caught up on today's posts.
Suitable vibes to all those in need of such.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #322 on: August 06, 2007, 05:02:44 PM »

I said the exact same thing two years ago after taking DR Jane's recommendation to check the show out in reruns of its first season and absolutely fell in love with it.

:D

I hope you enjoy HOT FUZZ and SHAUN OF THE DEAD as much as we did.

George

« Reply #323 on: August 06, 2007, 05:07:36 PM »

:D

I hope you enjoy HOT FUZZ and SHAUN OF THE DEAD as much as we did.

I haven't seen HOT FUZZ yet, but I loved SHAUN OF THE DEAD! VERY funny!!

td

• td
« Reply #324 on: August 06, 2007, 05:15:50 PM »

Ohhhhhhhhh, I thought you were going to get out your fancy DRESS.

Isn't THAT dress in your closet?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

« Reply #325 on: August 06, 2007, 05:15:52 PM »

SUPER FAST, GET WELL VIBES TO DR TPUNK!!!! [/b]

Tomovoz

« Reply #326 on: August 06, 2007, 05:16:32 PM »

Was tempted to buy "Hot Fuzz" DVD yesterday but will wait for a few weeks until the price drops. Shaun is indeed very droll!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #327 on: August 06, 2007, 05:17:43 PM »

Did I miss a report of Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan doing the movie of "Mama Mia"?  
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #328 on: August 06, 2007, 05:18:11 PM »

My blueberry pie, continued:  Years ago I worked with a woman who was somewhat of a food snob and thought graham cracker crusts were low-class.  The week after I'd taken my version in to work (to glowing reviews from everyone else), she brought the same thing made with a pastry crust.  It just wasn't the same.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #329 on: August 06, 2007, 05:20:43 PM »

I haven't seen HOT FUZZ yet, but I loved SHAUN OF THE DEAD! VERY funny!!

Than I'm positive you will enjoy HOT FUZZ!  Keep your expectations low though, nothing like too high of expectations to ruin a movie.  Hmmm...I wonder if that is why Keith disliked ONCE so much.  Nope, it wouldn't have mattered ;D
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17   Go Up