Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: BELLY DANCING  (Read 26209 times)

MBarnum

Re:BELLY DANCING
« Reply #210 on: January 27, 2006, 07:04:11 PM »

I didn't feel I was poking fun at DR MBarnum, rather pointing out future interview possibilities to him.  And if I were poking fun at DR MBarnum, I think he's aware of how much I value his friendship and that of other DRs at HHW.

If you think that Elmoore3003 was making fun of me you should hear him when we chat on the phone! LOL!

And I get a kick out of him poking fun at me! In fact you would be surprised how often that happens with my friends!  :D

MBarnum

« Reply #211 on: January 27, 2006, 07:07:35 PM »

I am a bit less excited about the release of the Superman Series seasons that follow....and after studying a bit on the net, it seems that season 3, 4, 5, 6, each had 13 episodes.  So I would guess (no official word yet) - they will be released 2 seasons at a time....

But please....Professor Pepperwinkle was an annoying twit as is Sterling Holloway who also appears in Season 3, I think.  Ugh.  But hopefully the color will be fine and dandy!

I am somewhat interested in the later seasons as Gloria Talbott, Laurie Mitchell, Diana Darrin, and Joi Lansing all make appearences...but we shall see.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #212 on: January 27, 2006, 07:32:17 PM »

102 days with no rain, and none in sight.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Tomovoz

« Reply #213 on: January 27, 2006, 07:36:25 PM »

Soory to hear it DearReaderLaura. The rain here has now allowed control over most of the fires. (Electrical storms are the problem of course).
All rain vibes shall be now directed to Phoenix.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #214 on: January 27, 2006, 07:42:10 PM »

Joi Lansing even pretended to be MARRIED to Superman as an undercover policewoman!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ben

« Reply #215 on: January 27, 2006, 07:47:39 PM »

Best of vibes to DR Ann.

I don't think I mentioned that before.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #216 on: January 27, 2006, 07:50:57 PM »

Ann, the back-stabbers now will destroy each other.  Mark my words.  Your better job is waiting for you.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #217 on: January 27, 2006, 07:56:22 PM »

You need it now, Tom, since it's hot where you are. We'll really be needing it in a couple of months.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #218 on: January 27, 2006, 08:00:23 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vibes to Ann. A better job will turn up.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #219 on: January 27, 2006, 08:13:48 PM »

I am a bit less excited about the release of the Superman Series seasons that follow....and after studying a bit on the net, it seems that season 3, 4, 5, 6, each had 13 episodes.  So I would guess (no official word yet) - they will be released 2 seasons at a time....

But please....Professor Pepperwinkle was an annoying twit as is Sterling Holloway who also appears in Season 3, I think.  Ugh.  But hopefully the color will be fine and dandy!

Yes, the color shows are really low budget and silly for the most part, but I love them anyway. But if they're as sharp as this Season 2 set is, we're going to see every one of George Reeves' gray hairs, and by the end of the series, he wasn't even trying to conceal his age.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #220 on: January 27, 2006, 08:15:35 PM »

More information about the DREAMGIRLS movie is at this link.

WARNING BEFORE YOU CLICK:

This is a special interest site and the ads along the right hand side of the screen include same nakey gentlemen.  ::)

http://rodonline.typepad.com/rodonline/2006/01/we_are_your_dre.html

Wow, Beyonce doesn't even look lik herself!  I am so excited for this.

Matt H.

« Reply #221 on: January 27, 2006, 08:16:20 PM »

I always thought DADDY LONG LEGS was about 15 or 20 minutes too long, but it's still undeniably entertaining, and "Something's Gotta Give" is as wonderful a song as any of the classic songs from earlier in Fred Astaire's career.

Looking forward to seeing it in a sharp transfer. I recorded it off AMC years ago on a widescreen telecast, but I've only watched it once or twice in all the years I've had it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #222 on: January 27, 2006, 08:18:27 PM »

If you think that Elmoore3003 was making fun of me you should hear him when we chat on the phone! LOL!

And I get a kick out of him poking fun at me! In fact you would be surprised how often that happens with my friends!  :D

It's like shooting fish in a barrel.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #223 on: January 27, 2006, 08:20:04 PM »

Good morning all

I apologize for being E&T this week.  I haven't felt much like socializing with anyone online or otherwise.  On Tuesday evening my superiors called me in for a meeting and told me that either I needed to resign or they would sack me right then.  The reasons are long and complicated, and focus primarily on a few cruel co-workers of mine that smiled to my face and bitched about me behind my back to save their own hides, a few lies told about me that i simply could not get them to believe false, and a system that didn't work and needed a scapegoat to blame.  This week has been a tough one for me, and I'm still nowhere near "fine"  but I know I will be at some point.  

Lucky time for DB Jed to get a job, though...both of us can't be out of work...

Ann, this is so sucky.  On an emotional level, I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this and they are nuts to ask you to go.  On a practical level, document everything and ask them to put it all in writing.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 08:20:38 PM by TPunk »

Matt H.

« Reply #224 on: January 27, 2006, 08:20:47 PM »

I enjoyed another CSI: MIAMI episode on DVD before settling in with network TV.

This one had to do with millions of dollars being scammed from a charity by one of the people intimately involved in the organization. The episode also reintroduced the doomed Detective John Hagen who carries a mighty torch for Callie and will come to an eventual bad end. I liked him as a character and hated to see this subplot as it unfolded over a series of episodes. But it did pave the way to make good ol' boy Rex Linn the permanent detective on call for the CSI team.

Matt H.

« Reply #225 on: January 27, 2006, 08:22:21 PM »

Last night's SMALLVILLE was a very sad episode as we bid goodbye to one of the regulars. Can't say I was very surprised by the identity of the eventual dead person, but there were plenty of shifts and surprises before we got to that inevitable end.

Matt H.

« Reply #226 on: January 27, 2006, 08:24:06 PM »

I liked IN JUSTICE a lot tonight. Nice to see someone with a conscience stand up to make a difference, even if it was six years after the fact.

Matt H.

« Reply #227 on: January 27, 2006, 08:25:57 PM »

MONK also had a most bittersweet episode with the subplot concerning Captain Stollemeyer and his wife. The central mystery of the episode was one of the easier ones to solve in the show's history.

Matt H.

« Reply #228 on: January 27, 2006, 08:27:09 PM »

So I still have the Faye Dunaway episode of CSI and Thursday's THE OFFICE to enjoy tomorrow.

Tomovoz

« Reply #229 on: January 27, 2006, 08:27:17 PM »

DR Elmore.  I watched "Tintypes" yesterday and enjoyed it far more than at my first attempt!  I noticed that "Babes in Toyland" was there in one of the sepia montages and of course Toyland is sung in the show.

I thought the show would have been far better filmed with an audience.  So would have been "Kiss Me Kate" and "Oklahoma".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #230 on: January 27, 2006, 08:28:33 PM »

DR SWoody, what's the status of Peggy?

Matt H.

« Reply #231 on: January 27, 2006, 08:28:43 PM »

A friend called me tonight to ask if I had a copy of LIFE WITH JUDY GARLAND: ME AND MY SHADOWS and could he borrow it if I did. I had to laugh since we were just talking about this wonderful show a couple of weeks ago. He's stopping by tomorrow to pick it up.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: January 27, 2006, 08:31:34 PM »

DR Elmore.  I watched "Tintypes" yesterday and enjoyed it far more than at my first attempt!  I noticed that "Babes in Toyland" was there in one of the sepia montages and of course Toyland is sung in the show.

I thought the show would have been far better filmed with an audience.  So would have been "Kiss Me Kate" and "Oklahoma".

I have to get the "Tintypes" DVD; I saw it back around 1988 on A&E, before it became the Crime Channel, and I liked it, although I preferred it onstage.  Lynn Thigpen was one of the greats and at least we have her performance preserved.  She should have won the Tony and lost to Lauren Bacall sleepwalking through DOG OF THE WEEK, I mean WOMAN OF THE YEAR.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #233 on: January 27, 2006, 08:32:17 PM »

I agree with you.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #234 on: January 27, 2006, 08:32:54 PM »

More vibes to Ann.  I have had many glasses of wine tonight, so of course that puts me in a mood to lend advice, but much of what you said reminds of my situation at Disney.  I think because I was taken by surprise I didn't do what I would have advised others to do.  If I had it to do over, I would have reminded myself that I had nothing to lose, I would have documented all of the conversations I had had, and I would have asked them to put their offer in writing.  It's to their advantage to have you exit gracefully - if it's possible, get them to pay for that grace, and then collect unemployment.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #235 on: January 27, 2006, 08:33:59 PM »

Dill Pickle flavored Lay's potato chips are excellent.  That is my other piece of advice.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #236 on: January 27, 2006, 08:34:38 PM »

Rodzinski is sick and I have to be up in 8 hours, I should really get to bed.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #237 on: January 27, 2006, 08:34:56 PM »

Did anyone see Syrianna?

Matt H.

« Reply #238 on: January 27, 2006, 08:43:44 PM »

Did anyone see Syrianna?

I kept meaning to and never got around to it. I don't think it's playing at my neighborhood theater any more, but I'll check the listings tomorrow. I would like to see it.

THE PRODUCERS has finally opened at that closeby theater, so I may try to take it in next week, especially if SYRIANNA isn't there any more.

Matt H.

« Reply #239 on: January 27, 2006, 08:44:35 PM »

Now, I'm headed for bed.

Hope everyone will enjoy the rest of the evening!

Good night!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up