Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: I, FOR ONE  (Read 34097 times)

Ben

Re:I, FOR ONE
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2006, 12:28:35 PM »

Here is another shot sent to me by my cousin, Ray. He lives in Sheffield, England. He and his wife Christine drove down and met us at the Cardiff airport and took us to our hotel. The picture is taken in the lobby. It's a very nice place in the center of Cardiff. Just around the corner from the hotel is a Thornton's Candy Emporium so I was able to get DR Jane a bag of Humbugs.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2006, 12:32:25 PM »

On the TOD, I think that I would like to be around at the turn of the last century through now, just to see the enormous amount of change that has occured, in fashion, technology, culture...

I don't have a specific where, but I can say that I wouldn't mind going back to be in the room during the casting sessions for shows I auditioned for in the past.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2006, 12:33:55 PM »

DR RLP - forgot to comment, but yes, I agree that Santino from PROJECT RUNWAY is more evil than Wendy Pepper - and THAT is going some.  I still think Wendy wrote on her own kid's picture so she could have some drama.  AND Kara Saun should certainly have won last year's competition.  Jay's Thrift Store Layered Chic was/is ugly.

I don't have a favorite so far this year, but I think Emmett and the Chinese girl who won the Clothes off Your Back challenge are interesting.  

The lingerie collections were ALL disasters....from start to finish!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2006, 12:37:50 PM »

Congratulations on the bonus, DRBEN....   Great pics!!

DRJASON - I feel your pain.  Many members of the board of the PCPH are teachers.  There is just a different type of thinking there.  Not saying it's good or bad....just different.  Of course they have to deal with surly administrators and apathetic students and non-existent budgets...so empathy is in order.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2006, 12:38:37 PM »

Ahh...DRJOSE....good choice first performance of Stravinsky's Le Sacre....I am so THERE!!!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2006, 12:40:56 PM »

Hoo and Ray. I got a bonus! I shall receive the check on Wednesday, January 11th along with my first paycheck of 2006 (which contains a 5% raise). The bonus, according to the memo was "For consistently above average performance for 2005"

Congratulations!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2006, 12:42:30 PM »

I am back because in earlier posts I forgot to publicly thank DR George for helping me out during our absence from these shores.

George listened to Showtime on December 21 to see if I would be on and record the show if I was (I wasn't on that week) and then he listened and recorded the show on December 28 (my live BBC debut) so that all my fans and friends can hear the show. As I mentioned earlier, I'm hoping to get a complete copy of the show (with the missing 15 minutes) but George has performed a great service by recording the 35 minutes for me.

You're a Prince George (you can be a King if you want). Thanks for helping me out during this busy time!

It was my pleasure!  Now, I just have to get you a copy of what I have! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2006, 12:44:14 PM »

And NetFlix is brilliant. I currently have 470 movies in my queue. Yes...470. :-\

Oh my goodness!  I thought I had a lot with 68 in my queue!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

vixmom

« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2006, 12:50:02 PM »

I must look into this netflix!

Ginny

« Reply #129 on: January 03, 2006, 12:56:15 PM »

We love NetFlix!  DH Richard was an "early adopter," since the emergence of NetFlix coincided with the date of his retirement.  He tries to manage our queue so he gets a disc, then I get a disc, then he gets a disc, you get the idea.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

« Reply #130 on: January 03, 2006, 01:03:40 PM »

Has anybody heard any news about those poor miners in West Virginia?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #131 on: January 03, 2006, 01:06:43 PM »

Back from lunch...I had a vietnamese hot and sour soup called Canh Chua Ga...chicken cooked w/mushrooms, celery, bean sprouts, tomatoes, cabbage, pineapple, okra and lemon grass, topped with cinnamon basil and chili pepper and served with a side plate of steamed rice.

Had I but known from the "spicy" notation that it meant "five-alarm conflagration", I would have ordered something else.  

It was very good...but very hot...and I won't have it again.  

But I will recommend it to some folks who I know have the palates for hot stuff.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 01:12:21 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #132 on: January 03, 2006, 01:12:34 PM »

Well, I got through another day of class today. Four down, eight to go. I am really getting tired of hearing about Freud. What was his problem?
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

vixmom

« Reply #133 on: January 03, 2006, 01:23:07 PM »

Well, I got through another day of class today. Four down, eight to go. I am really getting tired of hearing about Freud. What was his problem?

;D

vixmom

« Reply #134 on: January 03, 2006, 01:24:51 PM »

Back from lunch...I had a vietnamese hot and sour soup called Canh Chua Ga...chicken cooked w/mushrooms, celery, bean sprouts, tomatoes, cabbage, pineapple, okra and lemon grass, topped with cinnamon basil and chili pepper and served with a side plate of steamed rice.

Had I but known from the "spicy" notation that it meant "five-alarm conflagration", I would have ordered something else.  

It was very good...but very hot...and I won't have it again.  

But I will recommend it to some folks who I know have the palates for hot stuff.

You always have such interesting lunches.  I, on the other hand, shared a boring (although delicious) roast beef & muenster cheese hero with a co-worker  

Jed

« Reply #135 on: January 03, 2006, 01:26:00 PM »

Good question for the final exam, I think.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #136 on: January 03, 2006, 01:26:44 PM »

I began this afternoon's video watching by finishing ONCE UPON A MATTRESS. As I said yesterday, not as crisp as the high definition broadcast, but the DVD is in widescreen and enhanced for 16:9 TVs, so it's the best it can be with current DVD technology. It does look very good.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 01:30:16 PM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jed

« Reply #137 on: January 03, 2006, 01:27:45 PM »

You always have such interesting lunches.  I, on the other hand, shared a boring (although delicious) roast beef & muenster cheese hero with a co-worker  

Ooo, that sounds tasty.  I think it's time to find myself some lunch.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Matt H.

« Reply #138 on: January 03, 2006, 01:32:48 PM »

Then I watched ANNA AND THE KING OF SIAM. Having watched THE KING AND I so many times over the years, I had forgotten the several deaths that are a part of this version of the story. And I was weeping uncontrollably at the end, much more than I ever weep at the end of THE KING AND I now.

But that could just be familiarity. It's probably been 10 years since I last saw ANNA AND THE KING OF SIAM.

The DVD had one little blemish that I noticed. The rest looked splendid, and the sound was just fine for a 1946 film.

Matt H.

« Reply #139 on: January 03, 2006, 01:34:01 PM »

I have to say that ANNA was interrupted at least four times by the phone ringing. By the last half hour, I just stopped answering and let the machine pick up.

Ginny

« Reply #140 on: January 03, 2006, 01:52:09 PM »

Great photos, DR Ben!  And congratulations on the bonus - well-deserved, I'm sure.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

« Reply #141 on: January 03, 2006, 01:55:07 PM »

Great pictures Ben!  I can't wait to see the rest of them!

vixmom

« Reply #142 on: January 03, 2006, 02:03:03 PM »

Well it is 5:03 in the PM so I, for one, am going home.  Laters!!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: January 03, 2006, 02:12:22 PM »

Packages are packed and shipped.  I got no packages today, save for the latest Film Score Monthly CDs.

I've spent the last two hours listening to jazz tracks, and choosing a few for the incidental cues for the play.

Matt H.

« Reply #144 on: January 03, 2006, 02:28:52 PM »

About time to head down now to do cleaning chore for the day, and then on the video viewing. More than likely will continue with CSI: NY since I'm getting close to the end of the boxed set, and with new TV coming on tonight, I can't settle in for anything too lengthy.

WBBL.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #145 on: January 03, 2006, 02:31:10 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, I got my one of my "priorities" out of the way for today...  When I got the resistance-band/dumbbell sequence, it was actually very noticeably easier.  HOO and RAY!  The whole lunge sequence is still kicking me in the ass - well, more like kick me in the quads - but I'm getting there.

:)

*And now if I can just manage to get to bed before 1:00AM Eastern Standard Time tonight, so that I have a bit more daylight to get things done tomorrow...  I may have to "force" myself to go to bed tonight.   We shall see...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #146 on: January 03, 2006, 02:31:35 PM »

DR Ben - Lovely Pics!  I can't wait for the rest of them!

And Congrats on the raise too!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 02:37:34 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #147 on: January 03, 2006, 02:33:25 PM »

DRs TPunk and Rodzinksi - Welcome Back!  -OH! And chocolate too!  :)

*Since Monday is my usual "day off", I believe I shall enjoy some of whatever you brought back for me when I come on the 16th.  I hope to see and Tom then - and everyone else too!

**And maybe after Barrymore's with DR Ginny and her DH Richard, we could head down to Chelsea for a bit... I need me some Musical Mondays at Splash!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #148 on: January 03, 2006, 02:36:51 PM »

...And just for kicks, after I had my post-workout meal, I dug out my "skinny" jeans...  I tried a pair on... And I started crying...  But it was a good cry.  They're still a little snug, but they're not "impossible".  I[/b] should be ready for them by the time I head back to NYC on the 16th.  Watch out!

I guess after being disappointed by the "numbers" earlier in the week (sheesh, and it's only Tuesday), I wasn't expecting that I could even try them on comfortably, but, gladly, I was proven wrong.  It truly was the perfect bit of affirmation that all the work I've been doing over the past couple of weeks has been paying off.

-Sometimes vanity can be a good thing.

*And I have to say that my butt looks great!

;D
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 02:38:28 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #149 on: January 03, 2006, 02:39:15 PM »

...And there's also just something about this time round... I can tell I'm actually in it for the long haul.  It's gonna stick!

Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up