Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTHING  (Read 32737 times)

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
Re:NOTHING
« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2006, 03:30:00 PM »

So...I guess Chubby Checker was not twisting then?  Or limboing?  Or doing the Popeye, the Pony, the Hucklebuck, or the Swim?

MBarnum

« Reply #121 on: October 14, 2006, 03:30:04 PM »

Why is six afraid of seven?

Because seven ate nine.

Now that one made me laugh!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: October 14, 2006, 03:39:14 PM »

Body hair (with the exception of underarm and leg) is all the rage to get rid of and frankly, if I may be so bold, I HATE that trend in women and men both.  You see all these guys with their shaved chests and they DENY having done so.  And women - don't get me started on women - the ones who do what they do suggest that their boyfriends love it, and I suggest that their boyfriends have some sort of pre-pubescent urges.  Well, there, you see, I've started to rant before I was even supposed to start to rant.  One former young friend of mine hates body hair so much she waxes not only every inch of her legs and nether regions, but her ARMS, too.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2006, 03:39:49 PM »

I'll be going to the Courts show tomorrow with our very own Adriana Patti and Nick Redman.  I assure you that two of us will have chest hair.

Ginny

« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2006, 03:49:06 PM »

That is strange!  The Michigan/Penn State game is on at 5pm here.  Should I e-mail you and tell you who wins?

Um, OK, DR TCB...whatever you say  ;)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2006, 04:17:38 PM »

A plane is about to crash.  There are 5 passengers on board but only 4 parachutes.

The first passenger says, "I am Ronaldo, the best football player in the world.  The football world needs me, and I cannot die on my fans."  He grabs the first parachute and jumps out of the plane.

The second passenger, Hillary Clinton, says, "I am the wife of a former president of the United States and a senator of New York." She grabs a parachute andjumps out of the plane.

The third passenger, George W. Bush, says, "I am the president of the United States.  I have a huge responsibilities in the world.  Besides I am the smartest president in the history of my contry, and I cannot win ther War on Terror by dying in a plane crash."  He grabs a pack and jumps off the plane.

The fourth passenger, the Pope, says to the fifth passenger, a young schoolboy, "I am old.  I have lived my life as a good person and so I shall leave the last parachute to you; you have the rest of your life ahead of you."

And the little boy says, "Don't fret, old man.  There is a parachute for each of us.  The smartest president of America took my schoolbag."
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2006, 04:22:06 PM »

It occured to me earlier today...

Three years ago, Bonnie and Buster were convincing der Brucer and myself that they should join us in our move east.

Three years ago, der Brucer was repeatedly saying "There's no way we're travelling cross-country with five dogs in the car!"

Bonnie and Buster wagged their tails, knowing better.

Sneeky, clever little doggies!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2006, 04:22:15 PM »

BK, you know what I think of STs.  I shaving all that body hair must be awfully time-consuming.  I have director friend who shaves his head and he says he does it three times a week.  I'm lucky if I get a haircut once every three months

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2006, 04:25:24 PM »

Sorry, Elmore, but the joke doesn't work.

Everyone knows Bush's Secret Service guy would have shot Ronaldo, Hillary, the Pope, and the school kid in order to make sure the President got the right schoolbag.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2006, 04:47:53 PM »

Body hair (with the exception of underarm and leg) is all the rage to get rid of and frankly, if I may be so bold, I HATE that trend in women and men both.

Have you seen the scene in "The 40 Year Old Virgin", where Steven Carell has his chest waxed? I think you may see a lot less waxing going on in the future because of this scene. Thank you, Mr. Carell!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

MBarnum

« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2006, 05:20:07 PM »

Actually, a lot of guys not only shave there chest hair, but their leg, armpits, and arms! I do not understand this strange behavior.

I prefer my men hairy, so maybe that is just me, but you do see a LOT of guys at the gym with no body hair what-so-ever.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #131 on: October 14, 2006, 05:21:03 PM »

Oooo, DR TPunk, I love the rug in your office!

Thank you- it was a congrats on your new job gift from Rodzinski.  Here is a close up.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #132 on: October 14, 2006, 05:21:33 PM »

I have no idea why that keeps posting upside down.  It doesn't look that way on photobucket.

MBarnum

« Reply #133 on: October 14, 2006, 05:22:45 PM »

Very colorful and fun rug!

And where in tarnation is Rodzinski these days? I thought of him the other day when I noticed that some Dorothy Lee movies are going to be shown on TCM soon.

MBarnum

« Reply #134 on: October 14, 2006, 05:24:54 PM »

This TARZAN COMES TO DEHLI seems to be a thinly veiled remake of TARZAN'S NEW YORK ADVENTURE...substituting the kidnapping of boy with the stealing of a valuable jewel....and many song and dance numbers.

And Tarzan even get's to dance with Helen!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #135 on: October 14, 2006, 05:29:51 PM »

A plane is about to crash.  There are 5 passengers on board but only 4 parachutes.

The first passenger says, "I am Ronaldo, the best football player in the world.  The football world needs me, and I cannot die on my fans."  He grabs the first parachute and jumps out of the plane.

The second passenger, Hillary Clinton, says, "I am the wife of a former president of the United States and a senator of New York." She grabs a parachute andjumps out of the plane.

The third passenger, George W. Bush, says, "I am the president of the United States.  I have a huge responsibilities in the world.  Besides I am the smartest president in the history of my contry, and I cannot win ther War on Terror by dying in a plane crash."  He grabs a pack and jumps off the plane.

The fourth passenger, the Pope, says to the fifth passenger, a young schoolboy, "I am old.  I have lived my life as a good person and so I shall leave the last parachute to you; you have the rest of your life ahead of you."

And the little boy says, "Don't fret, old man.  There is a parachute for each of us.  The smartest president of America took my schoolbag."

hee hee

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #136 on: October 14, 2006, 05:31:47 PM »

To add to the body hair debate- my sister shaves her arms.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #137 on: October 14, 2006, 05:32:33 PM »

Right now I have folding chairs, supposedly I'm going to get to order some but the office manager has yet to produce the catalog...

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #138 on: October 14, 2006, 05:35:17 PM »

Here's the final picture.  The "cat art" is by a favorite artist of mine who I've been collecting over the last several years.  She appears at various bay area art and wine festivals.  I purchased this picture in August when I went home briefly before starting my new job and told her that I was going to be working as a child therapist and wanted something colorful for my office.  She told me that she used to be an art therapist and that her husband was a marriage, family, and children counselor.  Cool, huh?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: October 14, 2006, 05:45:21 PM »

BK, you know what I think of STs.  I shaving all that body hair must be awfully time-consuming.  I have director friend who shaves his head and he says he does it three times a week.  I'm lucky if I get a haircut once every three months

Wanna talk demented?  I once worked with a lady who undertook electrolysis for years to have all body hair removed!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: October 14, 2006, 05:50:21 PM »

Demented indeed.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #141 on: October 14, 2006, 06:14:43 PM »

Comcast will usually let the service overlap with no extra charge to you, especially if you are moving on a weekend.  They may even wait until Monday morning to turn off the old service.

That's probably the case because I still have cable in my old house (where I am right now).  We moved the recliner and love seat into my upstairs (middle floor) TV room, and into my living room downstairs, we moved my piano (which is the heaviest of anything that I have), the buffet that my sister is giving me and the chair and a half that my co-worker gave me.

The only big things left are a couch, my kitchen table (it's from Ikea and quite light and easy to move) and my bed and dressers for my bedroom.  Then, it's all the small stuff, which I can pretty much move by myself over the next week.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

François de Paris

« Reply #142 on: October 14, 2006, 06:17:50 PM »

Well, I guess people do whatever they want with their body hair, as long as they don't force on others what they do to themselves! Just like cigarette smoking!

Polluted hair and polluted air! It's a choice!

Live and let live! Ah!

Pilosity in the City!

George

« Reply #143 on: October 14, 2006, 06:17:53 PM »

Re the American heroes calendar - Does no one believe in chest hair these days?

Sadly, no. >:(

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2006, 06:25:43 PM »

Two more reviews up at amazon, both of which are very nice.

George

« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2006, 06:26:55 PM »

From your lips... ::)

;D

George

« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2006, 06:38:56 PM »

And now, I'm going to watch last night's "Doctor Who" and "Battlestar Galactica." :)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2006, 06:58:44 PM »

The first clue he was gay department:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Son-of-Fury-1942-Original-BWS-Rock-Hudson_W0QQitemZ120042193282QQihZ002QQcategoryZ18826QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This listing is wrong in so many ways it defies description.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Charles Pogue

« Reply #148 on: October 14, 2006, 07:41:00 PM »

So BK, The Lovely Wife and I watched the dvd of Deceit tonight, which we both enjoyed.  You in the role you were born to play was a decided improvement of the actor I saw in the show earlier this year.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #149 on: October 14, 2006, 08:21:23 PM »

Re the American heroes calendar - Does no one believe in chest hair these days?

Ain't it the truth! I find the overly groomed, plucked, and shaved all over men NOT to my liking, that's for sure.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up