Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTHING  (Read 32560 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
NOTHING
« on: October 14, 2006, 12:10:17 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were filled with nothing, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're listening to Priscilla Lopez sing Nothing right now.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 12:40:24 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:NOTHING
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 12:11:52 AM »

And the word of the day is: LEXIPHANIC!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 12:39:25 AM »

Lexiphanic:  Using, or interlarded* with, pretentious words; bombastic; as, a lexiphanic writer or speaker; lexiphanic writing. :-\

« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 12:40:58 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 12:40:39 AM »

* Interlard:  to diversify by adding or interjecting something unique, striking, or contrasting (usually fol. by with: to interlard one's speech with oaths.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 12:41:22 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 12:42:56 AM »

I'd never heard of either word, "Lexiphanic" or "Interlard."

George

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 12:50:05 AM »

Well, I'm about to fall asleep. 8) I'm going to bed.  Good night, all!  And I'm also curious to see how long cable (TV and Internet) lasts here before it's turned off. ::) If it's still on in the morning (or even later), I shouldn't be paying for it.  I called and told Comcast that I'm moving.  And since I really am, I really don't need it in two houses, and I certainly don't want to pay for it. ;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 03:23:19 AM »

And the word of the day is: LEXIPHANIC!
Casey would waltz
With a strawberry blonde
But they both found the band's singer quite irritating
Because the singer insisted on singing songs like
"Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"
And other LEXIPHANIC nonsense.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 04:04:20 AM »

* Interlard:  to diversify by adding or interjecting something unique, striking, or contrasting (usually fol. by with: to interlard one's speech with oaths.

I thought that "interlard" was when you put CriscoŽ in your pancake batter.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006, 04:07:55 AM »

[quote author=George

I'll put Ebonie up there with food, water and the litter box, where she can stay and not be disturbed.  The we can move the rest of the stuff.  At least, that's the plan.

I have the same concerns, George, and I will be moving 4 cats! My plan is very similar to yours; I think we will try to move everything but the bedroom furniture and do that last, and have everything pretty much in place before we bring them to the new house so they'll feel at home and so they have less chances to run out if we're moving something in. (Two are shelter cats and have never lived outdoors.)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 04:24:38 AM »

Speaking of cats, something awful happened at work yesterday. Some woman released her cat on the property at the post house where I usually work. A friend who works there who is a major cat lover caught her right after she had done this and confronted her. The cat abandoner said she "didn't realize that this property belonged to anyone"--like what she was doing would have been OK if it wasn't owned! This cat had been through a fight and had a lot of shaved spots where it had been stitched up and the woman's explanation was that she "couldn't afford" the cat anymore. My friend asked her why she didn't take it to a shelter and she said that a shelter would kill the cat! (Never mind that there are several no-kill shelters in town---that's where I got my two black and whites.)

There are already 3 feral cats that we take care of at this place, they are all fixed and we feed them. So we can't even put food out for "Stitch" because the other cats wouldn't let her near it and might attack her. She might even have feline hepatitis or something else she could give the post house cats...they're disease free and get vaccinations.

When I got to work people were down around the creek trying to catch the little black cat but the terrain was so steep that it was hard to move around much less catch a cat. And now it's very cold  here at night, so this woman who wanted to "save" the cat by releasing it probably gave her a death sentence. Argh. OK...I beat BK to the rant but I had to vent to the cat lovers here!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2006, 04:27:36 AM »

Try moving cross-country with five dogs in the car!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Edisaurus

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2006, 04:28:00 AM »

DR Der B, I managed to light the pilot light without blowing up the house, so one of the rooms here is warm now. The cats are REALLY happy! (They fight over who gets to press themselves against the big gas spaceheater.) I liked your "little match girl" picture!

Edisaurus

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2006, 04:30:02 AM »

Try moving cross-country with five dogs in the car!

No thanks! Moving 15 miles will be quite enough. I hope you have a BIG car!

Edisaurus

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2006, 04:39:10 AM »

TOD: Knock Knock

Who's there?

Impatient cow.

Impatient cow wh--MOOOOOO!

Edisaurus

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2006, 04:41:41 AM »

My favorite joke is one that most people know, so I won't repeat it unless someone hasn't heard it, because it's a long story and I'm too tired to type it. But it involves a pig with a wooden leg.

FJL

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2006, 04:57:39 AM »

The September/October mini-tax-season is officially over for me.  (It's a mini season, not a mini tax, for anyone who's confused.)  The due date for people with extensions is Monday, Oct. 16th, but if it didn't get out by Friday, I'm not working on it (unless clients call with questions, that is :) ).

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2006, 05:22:20 AM »

Good morning, all!  My Netscape email has died again, and my Mac man will be over on Monday afternoon to give this turkey a tune-up.

Last night, I had a very strange dream that made perfect sense during the course of it, but all I remember now are these parts of it:
  I was working on a production of Britten's opera ALBERT HERRING and Ron Raines was in it
  I gave a CD of something to my goddaughter Charlotte
  I seemed to be at a summer theatre like Goodspeed
  I was working at a public library and there were no customers so it was quite boring till I went to the third floor, where the reading room was believed to be haunted and people saw "things" peripherally
  The frightening room was 313 and no one went into it aone
  Someone was found dead
  I was looking for reviews of a community theatre production and I believe DR Ginny was helping me
  As the dream was turning quite frightening, I woke up

Knock knock
Who's there?
Sam and Janet
Sam and Janet who?
Sam and Janet evening
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2006, 05:31:51 AM »

Oh NUMBERS, that was the one I was going to use.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2006, 05:32:32 AM »

Hmmmm, now I have to think.  And I have to work.....it's all just too much.

Hmmm...DR MBARNUM has the makings of a great double bill:

SATAN IN HIGH HEELS
THE DEVIL IS A SISSY

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2006, 05:34:37 AM »

I love KINGS ROW - book more than movie - but the movie with about the same reservations as MR BK....Betty Field is also quite good.  There was a sequel written, but it was never made into a movie.

And of course both DR MBARNUM and I have extolled the virtues of STORM WARNING for many years....again Ginger is a bit old to be playing a model...but then again...maybe they just say "model"...and how can you go wrong with Doris Day AND Steve Cochran?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2006, 05:35:20 AM »

Knock Knock.
Who's there?
Boo.
Boo who?
Well you don't have to cry about it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2006, 05:35:54 AM »

Knock Knock.
Who's there?
Boo.
Boo who?
Boo Radley, here's your damn knife back.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2006, 05:36:40 AM »

Off to work.

Read O Rama, a book signing, and some new decorations to put up.  Whew! Hope I survive the next nine hours!

FJL

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2006, 05:56:04 AM »

We had a variation of the Sam and Janet joke as told by a person who can't tell jokes.

Knock knock.
Who's there?
Sam and Janet.
Sam and Janet who?
Sam Evening and his wife Janet.

Michael

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2006, 06:23:40 AM »

I just read that the restored version of The Boyfriend with Twiggy is going to be rereleased. It is being titled: "Ken Russell's Uncut Boyfriend"
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2006, 07:37:41 AM »

Good morning!

Fabulous, crisp autumn day; just what the doctor ordered. Not a cloud in the sky and air brisk and sharp. This is the day I've been waiting for for months!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2006, 07:38:58 AM »

Re: last night's comment that there are still virgins in North Carolina:

Not that this is a topic *I* would know anything about!  ;D

Matt H.

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2006, 07:41:01 AM »

I will probably save MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA to watch tonight. Best friend John has suggested we might have a movie night at his house tonight, and if that happens, then MEMOIRS will have to wait for another day.

Today, with no TV shows on the DVR, I'll go back to GREY'S ANATOMY's first season disc 2 and watch some more episodes.

There is also THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN to watch.

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2006, 07:42:38 AM »

I did finally finish my CD rearranging chore in my office this morning. Now, everything is finally in one set of alphanetical order by title. Before I have CDs in three different groups, and now they're all merged.

Cillaliz

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2006, 07:44:10 AM »

I have the same concerns, George, and I will be moving 4 cats! My plan is very similar to yours; I think we will try to move everything but the bedroom furniture and do that last, and have everything pretty much in place before we bring them to the new house so they'll feel at home and so they have less chances to run out if we're moving something in. (Two are shelter cats and have never lived outdoors.)

When I moved I had an overlap in owning both houses. I also had to buy a new bed, so what i did was get my bedroom all set up except for a couple pieces of furniture, and then set the cats set up in my bedroom in the new house with a bed to hide under, their toys, some blankets with their scent on them,  their litter and food and shut the door tightly.  

Then we moved everything from the old house to the new house and were able to leave doors open etc to make the move easier without disturbing the cats.  Once the movers were gone and I could be sure all exit doors were closed, I let them roam the house at their own speed.  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up