Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTHING  (Read 32561 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:NOTHING
« Reply #150 on: October 14, 2006, 08:26:45 PM »

I had a full evening of viewing. I began with the last episode of GREY'S ANATOMY - Season 1. I had seen it before, the one where we first meet Addison Shepherd, and George learns of his venereal disease. Of course, the second the episode was over, I wanted to put Season 2 back into the player and watch it all over again. I resisted the temptation, but I did think seriously about doing that.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #151 on: October 14, 2006, 08:29:09 PM »

Page Six Pooh and Tigger Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #152 on: October 14, 2006, 08:32:49 PM »

Earlier today, I was speaking with a dear friend about the problems I had with the audio of THE LITTLE MERMAID DVD last night. He had the disc but hadn't played it yet. When we were talking, he took it out, played it, and had no sound problems whatsoever.

This made me wonder, of course, if I had simply gotten a defective disc. So, I took mine back out, rubbed off both surfaces, and put the DVD in a different player. Lo and behold, there were no sound problems at all like I had experienced last night. It played perfectly and beautifully.

So, some sort of static electricity or something must have built up in my other player last night to cuase the disc to malfunction like that. It certainly played just fine tonight. I didn't take the time to try it again in the DVD player I used last night, but I will do that tomorrow to see if the problems are gone completely or if there is a problem simply with the DVD and one specific player.

Matt H.

« Reply #153 on: October 14, 2006, 08:35:15 PM »

After doing that test, I put in the DVD of THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN. Still love this film very much. Univeral's transfer is somewhat grainier than I was expecting, and there was some slight print damage at one point in the presentation, but overall it was sharp (too sharp in some places, of course, where the matte work becomes obvious), and since it's a widescreen enhanced transfer, I can't complainm too much about the minor problems with the print they used.

Matt H.

« Reply #154 on: October 14, 2006, 08:37:48 PM »

I finished the evening with MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA. I never read the book, so I have no idea how faithful the film was to the source material. It's a beautifully shot and scored film, everyone seems well cast and doing just fine with their roles. I just didn't find myself completely involved. I kept checking my clock to see how much of the film was left to show (always a sign I'm not wrapped up in the plot).

So, lovely but less than engrossing for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #155 on: October 14, 2006, 08:38:23 PM »

Tomorrow will be the day for ENCHANTED APRIL. I'm really looking forward to seeing this for the first time.

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: October 14, 2006, 08:39:14 PM »

Page Six Pooh and Tigger Dance!!!

Oh, you found some men with chest hair!

Cillaliz

« Reply #157 on: October 14, 2006, 08:40:49 PM »

I like men with chest hair....not so found of hairy backs, but removing all hair is more disgusting than back hair

Cillaliz

« Reply #158 on: October 14, 2006, 08:45:40 PM »

Today I used my hedge clippers and trimmed bushes, cut out all sorts of stuff growing where it shouldn't and then put up plastic around all the windows on the gazebo. My hands and forearms are so sore it was hard to clap at the symphony tonight

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: October 14, 2006, 08:46:36 PM »

Now that I cleared the brush, you can really see my bomb shelter. It's gray brick and really ugly. Paul is going to paint it to look like the brick on the house.  That should be really cool.

Matt H.

« Reply #160 on: October 14, 2006, 08:54:20 PM »

Oh, you found some men with chest hair!

I guess I did!

BTW, William Holden (with chest hair) is a thousand times sexier to me in SUNSET BLVD. and STALAG 17 than he is (without chest hair) in PICNIC.

Matt H.

« Reply #161 on: October 14, 2006, 08:54:41 PM »

Now, I'm heading for bed.

Good night!

François de Paris

« Reply #162 on: October 14, 2006, 09:04:26 PM »

Today I used my hedge clippers and trimmed bushes

Oh, you and your clippers! I'll never let you trim my... bush, since you like  men with hair... up front! :o :D

Sorry! Forgot that this is a "family site"!

Btw; you can trim any bush at... the White House! ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #163 on: October 14, 2006, 09:05:24 PM »

I guess I did!

BTW, William Holden (with chest hair) is a thousand times sexier to me in SUNSET BLVD. and STALAG 17 than he is (without chest hair) in PICNIC.

I guess I can understand an actor doing it for a movie (apparently some peole are totally grossed out by chest hair), but why would a professional athelete do it for a photo shoot, when the whole world already knows he has a hairy chest?  And why did Donny Osmond bother to shave his chest for the video of JOSEPH, when he had spent several years touring America and Canada with his chest hair exposed?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

François de Paris

« Reply #164 on: October 14, 2006, 09:06:30 PM »

I guess I did!

Maybe, but a picnic with chest hair on the food...  :o

François de Paris

« Reply #165 on: October 14, 2006, 09:09:24 PM »

I guess I can understand an actor doing it for a movie (apparently some peole are totally grossed out by chest hair), but why would a professional athelete do it for a photo shoot, when the whole world already knows he has a hairy chest?  And why did Donny Osmond bother to shave his chest for the video of JOSEPH, when he had spent several years touring America and Canada with his chest hair exposed?

I believe a lot of people, today, think that hairless muscles look sexier!
I'll ask Donny next time I see him! ;)

FJL

« Reply #166 on: October 14, 2006, 09:10:28 PM »

Wonderful typo on another website, in response to an admittedly off-the-wall assessment of part of the plot of GREY GARDENS.  The person responding said:

"With all due respect, your nuts."

And that's the name of the dirty book I'm going to write when I get around to learning how to write one.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #167 on: October 14, 2006, 09:12:16 PM »

Tonight was our Sacco and Vanzetti concert up in NJ ( the screening was last night and had a great turnout, including one gentleman who protested at the prison when he was 10, and the
head of the Solidarity Singers, who sing "The Internationale" probably more than anyone in America. Our composer played some of the music he wrote for the film, but since he multi-tracked it, he had to teach it to some other musicians so they could perform it. My partner called me so that I could experience some of it vicariously by phone.

Then I went to a wrap party for a film I didn't work on, but I went to represent Greg and the crew are all old friends anyway. One of the actors was a voice for S&V and another project I just finished. This film has not gone in to the editing process and I've been trying to keep my distance.

But what I really wanted to do was to stay home in my comfy clothes with Johnny Mercer. I just put all of the interviews into "the blender" and am ready to push the puree button. I didn't know too much about the man before starting this, but now I am really in awe. And I never knew he was such a good singer!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #168 on: October 14, 2006, 09:14:52 PM »

Quote from: TCB  why did Donny Osmond bother to shave his chest for the video of JOSEPH
[quote

I really don't want to think about Donny Osmond's chest at all. Hair or no hair.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

FJL

« Reply #169 on: October 14, 2006, 09:19:45 PM »

But Donny looked incredible shirtless in MULAN.  Of course, that was eight years ago, and he played the singing voice of an animated character, but still....very hot.

François de Paris

« Reply #170 on: October 14, 2006, 09:20:13 PM »

Wonderful typo on another website, in response to an admittedly off-the-wall assessment of part of the plot of GREY GARDENS.  The person responding said:

"With all due respect, your nuts."

And that's the name of the dirty book I'm going to write when I get around to learning how to write one.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Is it signed Screwy Squirrel?! ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #171 on: October 14, 2006, 09:21:23 PM »

I really don't want to think about Donny Osmond's chest at all. Hair or no hair.

He has no air in his chest anyway!! :)

François de Paris

« Reply #172 on: October 14, 2006, 09:22:41 PM »

But Donny looked incredible shirtless in MULAN.  Of course, that was eight years ago, and he played the singing voice of an animated character, but still....very hot.

Donny's gonna be in B&B on Broadway, with all of his hair!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #173 on: October 14, 2006, 09:28:27 PM »

Donny's gonna be in B&B on Broadway, with all of his hair!

François, are you serious about Donny doing B&B on Broadway?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

FJL

« Reply #174 on: October 14, 2006, 09:35:08 PM »

Donny is indeed playing Gaston in B&TB on Bway.

FJL

« Reply #175 on: October 14, 2006, 09:37:07 PM »

As in, the Gaston, every square inch of whom is covered with hair (per the lyric).

FJL

« Reply #176 on: October 14, 2006, 09:40:35 PM »

No one rocks like Gaston
No one rolls like Gaston
No one sells Broadway tickets to trolls like Gaston
"I'm especially bad at depilitating"
Feh, so much hair on Gaston.

No meaning to that, it just rhymes. :)

MBarnum

« Reply #177 on: October 14, 2006, 09:43:21 PM »

To my disappointment the hairless look has even reached Bollywood...one of my favorite actors, Akshay Kumar, has taken to shaving his formerly very, very, very thick, black chest hair.

I don't know if it was his choice or not, however.

Edisaurus

« Reply #178 on: October 14, 2006, 09:49:15 PM »

Oh, speaking of B&TB, one of the guys at the wrap party played the candleabra on Broadway. Lumiere, I think was his character's name? Anyway, the actor is David de Vries and he's from here. When I'd work in NY I used to get a kick out of passing the theatre every day and seeing his picture in the window dressed as a big candleabra. I was really surprised that he moved back to Atlanta after being on Broadway. He plays Nicola Tesla, one of the main characters in the film. Very nice guy and a cutie.

François de Paris

« Reply #179 on: October 14, 2006, 09:52:36 PM »

François, are you serious about Donny doing B&B on Broadway?

But, mon cher ami, I thought Tomovoz had confirmed with you recently that I am ALWAYS serious! :D

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/99745.html
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 09:56:37 PM by François »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up