Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: MARCHING INTO MARCH  (Read 30313 times)

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
Re:MARCHING INTO MARCH
« Reply #180 on: March 01, 2004, 09:03:49 PM »

Oh, and while we're speaking of the SMA, look what I found on my hard drive.  Here he is with some disreputable friend of his.
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

MBarnum

« Reply #181 on: March 01, 2004, 09:09:21 PM »

Dr Jose, you are a fine man! Thanks so much for the video of THE LAST WAGON, it just arrived today and what a surprise!! Now I  can watch Ken Clark, James Drury, Susan Kohner, Ray Stricklyn and the rest will be acting their little hearts out on my TV screen very soon!

Thanks a bunch buddy!

Laura II

« Reply #182 on: March 01, 2004, 09:15:16 PM »

Hi all! Yesterday was my mom's birthday. (It is after midnight here on the east coast.) I have been "busy" doing nothing. Oy. You know what amuses me? I like saying oy vey to people and hearing them (only guys so far) say, "What does that mean?" Oy vey. Can you believe some people are not familiar with this saying? Oy gevalt.

Tonight I watched the finale of Average Joe 2 (spoiler in case anyone who cares has not seen it yet). Larissa picked Gil, the pretty (bland) boy. They were "rewarded" with a trip to some tropical-looking place. While on their vacation, Larissa told Gil she had a secret from her past that she felt compelled to share. She wanted him to hear it from her first. Now, I thought this would be something like, "I'm divorced." Um...no. She said, "My ex-boyfriend is Fabio." I laughed so hard. Who cares?? I mean, I don't think Fabio's love life was ever publicized that much, so I don't believe Gil would have heard from many other people. Now, Gil didn't take this too well. He was shocked and dismayed, and he dumped Larissa (?!?). Ah well, I suppose that's what she gets from a guy who probably dates girls based on their looks. I actually enjoyed the fresh (and not fairy tale) ending. The only thing that would have made the entire sequence better? If Larissa had said, "I was with Fabio when that goose hit him in the face on that roller coaster."

Hope all is well with everyone! :)
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #183 on: March 01, 2004, 09:28:14 PM »

Nice photo of Brent Barrett and his disreputable friend.

Tonight I shall try knitting again. I bought some yarn and took a knitting book from the library. Used to knit many years ago (20?) and found it quite relaxing. But I don't remember how (to knit -- or relax, for that matter). I shall report on my progress...

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #184 on: March 01, 2004, 09:29:46 PM »

Come back, Maya!  Just like SHANE.  Who nabbed her away and why can't she go to more than one message board?

I had an epiphany tonight watching the reject American Idol...I realized I was wasting an hour of my life watching America celebrate mediocrity when I could have been watching RANDOM HARVEST for the 15th time or reading or working or doing something worthwile.  But then it seems like most television has become a celebration of the mediocre.  Certainly Fox TV.  I see they used the special AI as a lead in to their new series Forever Eden which smells just like Temptation Island, only retitled.  Fine TV...let's bring a lot of couples together and see if we can encourage infidelity, betrayal, and venal behaviour. Howcum the FCC gets their knickers in a twist about Janet Jackson's boob but not this low-class, mind-numbng, Neanderthal knuckle-dragging, brow-sloping crap?

Actually, I'm thinking I may be getting bored with Idol altogether.  It's pretty much the same shit.  The clip of Scooter Girl tonight, manic as she is, reminded me that so far we have no one who actually adds eccentricity, electricity, or personality to the show.  Not very exciting this year.  And tonight here we were laughing at deluded, untalented people. Geez, I dunno...

Charles Pogue

« Reply #185 on: March 01, 2004, 09:32:25 PM »

MBARNUM, I worked twice with big Jim Drury in dinner theatre.  Did THE RAINMAKER with him (I was Noah) and ONCE MORE WITH FEELING.  

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #186 on: March 01, 2004, 09:35:13 PM »

Actually, I'm thinking I may be getting bored with Idol altogether.  It's pretty much the same shit.  The clip of Scooter Girl tonight, manic as she is, reminded me that so far we have no one who actually adds eccentricity, electricity, or personality to the show.  Not very exciting this year.  And tonight here we were laughing at deluded, untalented people. Geez, I dunno...

I never watched the show except once last year when Frenchie Davis sang.  Now that was exciting!  And then her "scandal" broke and she was off the show.  Does anyone know how she's doing with Dreamgirls?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #187 on: March 01, 2004, 09:58:06 PM »

The only thing that would have made the entire sequence better? If Larissa had said, "I was with Fabio when that goose hit him in the face on that roller coaster."

How about if she had said, "I was the goose that hit him in the face on the roller coaster.  You see, when I was a young girl, an evil witch, jealous of my position and beauty,  placed a curse upon me, transforming me into a goose.  On that fated day, when I tasted the blood falling from Fabio's face, I returned to my real human form.  But this effect was only temporary, for during the following sweeps period, I became a goose again.  You see, I need to drink the blood of a himbo at least once during each of the four seasons, or else I become a forlorn goose, rejected by society and gaggles alike, perhaps fated to wind up as a plate of pate at a Vanity Fair soiree.  For some time now I have sustained myself on Fabio, but frankly, it's become a little embarassing being seen on the arm of a man who wears his hair that long at his age.  And so I've been searching, searching, searching for another vacant piece of man hunk to supply me with the essence I need.  And now I have found you.  Please, my love, don't goose me!"

Oh...that's right, I forgot...it's a "reality" show.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: March 01, 2004, 10:12:59 PM »

Let's have our own reality show right here.  The first reality is that we need some denizens.  Any reality denizens out there?  Just finishing this awful Natalie Wood movie.  Blechhh.

Panni

« Reply #189 on: March 01, 2004, 10:29:48 PM »

I have the Natalie Wood movie on in the bg while I'm trying to knit. It keeps unraveling - the movie and the knitting. Natalie was knitting in the movie. If she can knit, why can't I?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #190 on: March 01, 2004, 10:42:23 PM »

DR MBarnum - "No... You're a fine man."  You're very welcome.  I'm just glad I remembered it was being rebroadcast.  And I'm also glad Steve was able to tape it for me for you.  *He actually had to reconnect all his TV/VCR/Cable stuff back up since he had moved some furniture around earlier in the week - he bought a new piano!  I'll be sure to pass on your thanks to Steve as well.  -And Steve actually ended up watching parts of the movie himself. ;-)

-And I'm amazed you got the package today?!?!?  I sent it out Saturday morning!  Oh, so...

DR George - Any mail today for you too?  I resent yours out on Friday, and if Michael got his package today...

DR Laura II - Thank you for the Average Joe update/spoiler.  I was distracted by another program over on Food TV and forgot to change channels.  I kept wondering what the "big secret" was...  Fabio's girlfriend?!?!?!  That's all it was?!?!?

Now, if she had had Fabio's love child, then that would be a scandal.

Now, if she had accidentally cut off Fabio's hair, then that might have been a scandal.

But just an ex?!?!  I guess I'm glad I didn't watch.

However, I guess that's what she gets for picking the "hottie".

*I also saw the "winning" couple of "The Bachelorette" on "The View" today.  -Yes, I watch "The View".  -And for a second I thought that they were the "Average Joe" couple.  Brunette with a hunky blond guy... Close, but no cigar.

And as for "AI-UUU" - Yeah, the producers are just stretching for anything at this point.  Getting as much mileage out of the release form that all the contestants have to sign.  However, I do suspect that Army Girl may be getting a few calls from agents soon.  And I truly felt sorry and embarrassed for Scat Singing Girl.  *Sorry I don't know their real names  - and I just checked the idolonfox site, and they don't list anyone except for William Hung.  *Oh, and they also just uploaded some more bad auditions... I think I'll pass.

Well, I have to get up early tomorrow/later today...

Goodnight.

Make Your Own Luck.

Jed

« Reply #191 on: March 01, 2004, 10:57:03 PM »

Had no interest in the American Idol thing tonight, so didn't watch it.  Like DR Charles Pogue, I find my brief interest in the show fading quickly.  Never had the slightest interest in Average Joe, so sure as hell didn't watch that (no offense at all to those who enjoy those shows, just not my cup o' tea).  Watched the first hour or so of the Natalie Wood thing, then tired of that.  

Thank goodness for syndicated sitcoms. :)
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #192 on: March 01, 2004, 11:12:36 PM »

DR George - Any mail today for you too?  I resent yours out on Friday, and if Michael got his package today...

YES!!  I did!  Thank you!  And I was not expecting the extra bonus material.  Thanks for that, also!  Did you have to pay for postage twice?  (I hope not  :-[ )
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: March 01, 2004, 11:12:42 PM »

We haz been deserted.  Where have all the Kimlets gone?  Long time passing.  It is pouring rain here, perfect for a late-night posting frenzy, but alas, I fear it is not to be.  However, tomorrow we pass 30,000 posts and that's saying something.

George

« Reply #194 on: March 01, 2004, 11:16:51 PM »

Tonight I watched the finale of Average Joe 2 (spoiler in case anyone who cares has not seen it yet). Larissa picked Gil, the pretty (bland) boy. They were "rewarded" with a trip to some tropical-looking place. While on their vacation, Larissa told Gil she had a secret from her past that she felt compelled to share. She wanted him to hear it from her first. Now, I thought this would be something like, "I'm divorced." Um...no. She said, "My ex-boyfriend is Fabio." I laughed so hard. Who cares?? I mean, I don't think Fabio's love life was ever publicized that much, so I don't believe Gil would have heard from many other people. Now, Gil didn't take this too well. He was shocked and dismayed, and he dumped Larissa (?!?). Ah well, I suppose that's what she gets from a guy who probably dates girls based on their looks. I actually enjoyed the fresh (and not fairy tale) ending. The only thing that would have made the entire sequence better? If Larissa had said, "I was with Fabio when that goose hit him in the face on that roller coaster."

Laura II, I was right in the middle of watching "Average Joe" (it was about 10:30 or so) when I read your message.  Okay, I'll admit that (at first) I was a little upset that you didn't make "Average Joe Spoiler Alert" in bold, all-caps, etc., but then I'm glad that I found out before I saw it on TV.  I would have been a bit upset with the outcome.  They totally set up the episode to make it seem like that she would pick the "average guy" (as they did in Average Joe I), but much more so this time.  I think the producers do a disservice to their audience by setting it up so strongly in one direction when it doesn't end up that way.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2004, 11:18:00 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Panni

« Reply #195 on: March 01, 2004, 11:18:09 PM »

OOOOO! I is wet. Just took wonderdog out for his pre-bedtime pee and we got soaked. I'm afraid I won't be a late-night Dennis the Menace tonight. Until tomorrow. Au revoir, mes amis.

George

« Reply #196 on: March 01, 2004, 11:18:53 PM »

I'm off too.  Goodnight all!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: March 01, 2004, 11:19:18 PM »

Panni, of course, is a prime example of a Wussburger

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #198 on: March 01, 2004, 11:33:44 PM »

I have the Natalie Wood movie on in the bg while I'm trying to knit. It keeps unraveling - the movie and the knitting. Natalie was knitting in the movie. If she can knit, why can't I?
I want to knit in America
Knitting's a hit in America
Can't knit a whit in America
My knitting's chit in America.

(OK, it's Anita's song, not Maria's, big kablooie.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: March 01, 2004, 11:34:47 PM »

We haz come to a standstill.  We iz frozen.  We iz not happening this evening.  I think I'll eat a worm.

Jed

« Reply #200 on: March 01, 2004, 11:45:36 PM »

Well, I'll join the Wussburger brigade with post #200 on this frozen standstill of a not happening evening. :D  Goodnight, all.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: March 01, 2004, 11:47:55 PM »

Wussburgers of the world, ununite.  I know, I know, everyone was exhausted from trying to catch up on yesterday's posts.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #202 on: March 01, 2004, 11:52:48 PM »

Couldn't see the point of a movie called THE MYSTERY OF NATALIE WOOD?  What mystery?  Were they going to revive those hoary old rumours that Bob Wagner and Chris Walken were doing something untoward on the yacht that drove her to the dinghy?  It seems to me her life was pretty cut and dried.  She had her love affairs, her personal ups and downs, her careers ups and downs.  She was beautiful; she died far too young.  This just does not seem the fodder of great drama or even great biography.

And what the Hell happen to Peter Bogdanovitch?  He used to be a pretty good director than he petered out trying to be Svengali to a bunch of paramours.  Cybill Shepherd did better without him; Dorothy Stratton was murdered, then he married her sister.  Anyone else find that just too creepy?  I saw THE CAT'S MEOW.  It had some semblance of style, but in the end didn't really amount to much.

Is he trying to mimic his idol Orson Welles' career?Start out big and end, not with a bang, but a whimper.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #203 on: March 01, 2004, 11:55:56 PM »

TCB, I did not see your post re: your Miller memorabilia.  Did you track him down through his website?  His bio (actually more a memoir than a bio) will be out in April.  

Indeed I did, Mr. Pogue.  He was very gracious in his note, and even gave me a couple of extra Gorton's Fisherman signed photos.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up