Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: HOME IMPROVEMENT  (Read 13532 times)

Michael

Re:HOME IMPROVEMENT
« Reply #120 on: September 09, 2004, 03:23:07 PM »

PAGE 5 DANCE

Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #121 on: September 09, 2004, 03:47:08 PM »

Catching up on the postings for the last week. Have a question for Anna.

Regarding  Flappers. I had a chance to work with Rummy Bishop for a season on the sitcom Snow Job. He told me that one of the characters "Uncle Rummy" was written for him. Cab you spill the beans and tell what happened?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #122 on: September 09, 2004, 03:55:36 PM »

Belated (from Friday) birthday wishes to  HAPPY  MATTH, SIGERSON HOLMES AND DEAR READER NOEL'S EVER-LOVIN' JOY!!!

And especially Matt.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 05:51:01 PM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

Tomovoz

« Reply #123 on: September 09, 2004, 04:03:55 PM »

Thank you for all the photos Michael.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: September 09, 2004, 04:14:16 PM »

Had to remove the windmill pic - please resize smaller and post again.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: September 09, 2004, 04:14:50 PM »

They are now packing up the kitchen - there's not really that much stuff, so hopefully it shouldn't take too much longer.

Danise

« Reply #126 on: September 09, 2004, 04:17:57 PM »

Evening all.  Not much to say tonight.  I’m tired and for what ever reason my arthritis is kicking up in my hand.  I don’t really feel up to a lot of typing.

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed all of the wonderful pictures today.  I didn’t realize that California was that hilly.  I somehow thought it was flat like Florida.

I signed up for PaintBucket but I haven't had the chance to put anything there.  I will play with it this weekend if Ivan will leave us alone and we have power.

Jane, good vibes for your kitty.  I hope this is a marked improvement very soon.  

Best of luck with the house, Bruce.  

Did any one see this story?  

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/09/09/shooting.dog.ap/index.html

I feel so bad for the three that didn’t make it.  It's a shame the   aim was off.  It should have been a little lower or higher.  No loss either way.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #127 on: September 09, 2004, 05:16:27 PM »

Jennifer, thank you.  And I shall be sure to let you know.

TCB I’m glad your little Angel is feeling better today.  When Bogie gets that sick I have to watch for dehydration.  Thank you for your good thoughts and I hope your move goes well.  When are you moving?

Bruce, a hot shower and a functioning washing machine, life is good.

Matt H, nice picture.  

Michael Shayne thanks for the trip to Palm Springs.  I have wanted to return there for years.  Last I was there I didn’t have children yet.  I bet it has changed.  The captions on the pool photos were very funny,

Danise I hope the penalty for animal cruelty is tough in Florida.  Thanks to the publicity those pups are bound to get good homes now.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 05:19:57 PM by Jane »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: September 09, 2004, 05:29:07 PM »

Just had a gloriously glorious shower and have done four loads of laundry.  They are just about through packing up the kitchen.  And then I shall be on my way to the theater.  Keep the home fries burning, you dear, dear people out there in the dark.

Jane

« Reply #129 on: September 09, 2004, 05:32:59 PM »

Bruce, thank you for the reminder my smelling hot water is better than no hot water at all.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #130 on: September 09, 2004, 05:38:26 PM »

What a day I've had today, Dear Readers.  Too much to do, too little time.  (Oh.  A Funny Girl reference followed immediately by an almost Marlene Dietrich reference.)

Last night I was at opening night of the Los Angeles Opera.  The "Season" has begun!  The featured work was Mozart's Idomeneo.  Not as well known as some of his other--and later--operas, it does contain some splendid music.  It is an opera seria, which is a style of opera typified by heroic subject matter and recitative and aria followed by recitative and aria followed by recitative and aria.  Mozart does liven matters up some with a duet or a chorus here and there, but Idomeneo does give life to the saying "Life is short.  Opera is long."

Mr. Placido Domingo starred in the title role, and he was in terrific voice, though Miss Veronica Villarroel nearly stole the show in the role of Elettra.

It was a gala evening, with a fancy schmancy dinner following the performance.  (I wasn't invited, so I didn't go.)  I did have one bona fide celebrity sighting:  Miss Doris Roberts.  I'm sure there were many other celebs present, but I just didn't run into them.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #131 on: September 09, 2004, 05:38:51 PM »

WFO - that day we were talking about how Inge's reputation is not all it should be.

And I see everything going from bad to verse
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Jane

« Reply #132 on: September 09, 2004, 05:39:52 PM »

I have a question.  I am currently eating dinner (Keith is at the other computer eating-we each made our own dinners tonight) and was thinking of calling a friend while I eat.  Some people find this rude and others don’t mind at all, in fact they also eat while we talk.  Who thinks this is rude and who doesn’t mind?  I don’t know how this particular friend feels about it so am waiting until I’m done before calling.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #133 on: September 09, 2004, 05:40:33 PM »

Catching up on the postings for the last week. Have a question for Anna.

Regarding  Flappers. I had a chance to work with Rummy Bishop for a season on the sitcom Snow Job. He told me that one of the characters "Uncle Rummy" was written for him. Cab you spill the beans and tell what happened?

It's possible - but I really don't remember. I mean, I remember him, of course, but I was working on two series and some longform at the time, so unless an actor did something unbelievably good or bad, it's a blur. I think that Rummy had problems with his lines - that's a vague memory - but don't quote me.
There was no regular character named "Uncle Rummy" - so he may have appeared on a few episodes - or perhaps just one.

Panni

« Reply #134 on: September 09, 2004, 05:42:17 PM »

I still have the bible of Flappers around somewhere. Same for King of K - after we rewrote it with all the changes.

Jay

« Reply #135 on: September 09, 2004, 05:47:36 PM »

I have a question.  I am currently eating dinner (Keith is at the other computer eating-we each made our own dinners tonight) and was thinking of calling a friend while I eat.  Some people find this rude and others don’t mind at all, in fact they also eat while we talk.  Who thinks this is rude and who doesn’t mind?  I don’t know how this particular friend feels about it so am waiting until I’m done before calling.

The Haines His Way Manners Expert says eating while talking on the telephone is most unseemly behavior.

Michael

« Reply #136 on: September 09, 2004, 05:48:44 PM »

Last picture of the trip. The windmills of my mind.
Never stop dreaming.

Jay

« Reply #137 on: September 09, 2004, 05:50:13 PM »

I am off to the Egyptian Theatre in the heart of Hollywood, U.S.A. to see a documentary motion picture entitled L.A. Plays Itself.  As the title might suggest, the film's subject is the depiction of the city of Los Angeles--as background and as character--in cinema old and new.

I shall report on it when I return.

Michael

« Reply #138 on: September 09, 2004, 05:52:06 PM »

I may haven;t got to them yet, but did you ever post those new reviews?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #139 on: September 09, 2004, 05:54:15 PM »

A belated birthday wish to William E. Lurie.
Never stop dreaming.

François de Paris

« Reply #140 on: September 09, 2004, 05:54:30 PM »

Well, I had a productive lunch. I went to Footlight and found a copy of Golden Rainbow w/Mr. Lawrence and Miss Gorme for $4 (four) dollars. It's missing the book but it's got the back insert tray w/the 16 tracks listed so I'm happy. I also found for $4 dollars the World Premiere London Cast Recording of Doctor Doolittle. That one slipped by me. I didn't hear of a stage version of Doolittle. Again, no book, but so what. And finally, there was a promotional CD from Sh-K-Boom of Bare, the new "pop" opera. I don't know if it's the entire show (11 tracks) and it, too, is missing the book but I got them all for $4 dollars apiece. I just peeled off the $4 sticker from Golden Rainbow to find the original sticker price of $23.95! Yikes!

I have my listening this afternoon :-)

Lucky you!
Golden Rainbow, contrary to what most think, is terrific on cd... and what a bargain at 4 bucks!

Doctor Dolittle is wonderfully orchestrated, with nice new songs and.... as a bonus, there's Dame Julie speaking AND singing for Polynesia!

Yes! Lucky you! :D

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #141 on: September 09, 2004, 05:55:39 PM »

Jane,

I'm with Jay on this one: nix to eating while on the phone. I sometimes hear my sister chomp while we're talking, and I have to say it bugs me. Folding socks, however, is acceptable. (Agree, HHWMEJ?) As for driving while on the phone (or is it phoning while driving?), don't get me started. A couple of years ago, a friend called on my birthday. Her greeting went something like this: "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear --- Michael, quick there's a parking spot over there ... "

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: September 09, 2004, 05:55:47 PM »

The below picture of me was taken last Saturday. I thought you'd like to see this pool I've been talking about going to all summer. Ignore the big forehead in the middle of the pool.

Okay, MattH!  A little cheesecake.

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Michael

« Reply #143 on: September 09, 2004, 05:57:37 PM »

And a happy 25th wedding anniversary to Laura!

Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: September 09, 2004, 06:06:02 PM »

I still have the bible of Flappers around somewhere. Same for King of K - after we rewrote it with all the changes.

Panni!  You wrote KING OF KINGS????????

“One thing’s universal,

Michael

« Reply #145 on: September 09, 2004, 06:16:28 PM »

When I was in LA I went window shopping and went into a book store, forgot the name, that had a lot of freebie newspapers. I went through them all to see if any of them had a review of What If? Only one of them had a review of it and all I can say is how can a gay man writing about musical theater not get the show???
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: September 09, 2004, 06:17:09 PM »

Well, I am off to my Preview, I mean final dress rehearsal.

Apparently Jane, I am going to have to begin the moving process tomorrow, which also happens to be Opening Night!  If you read this, DR and DS, Jed, if you have no plans this weekend, your help would be much appreciated.

Michael Shayne -- I hope you caught the mention of my friends meeting you Friday night.
“One thing’s universal,

François de Paris

« Reply #147 on: September 09, 2004, 06:28:57 PM »

As some of you might know, I work the front desk of a hotel and i sometimes get calls from guests in their room who talk to me while munching on something!
Could not help it the other day and said:
"Hope what you're eating is good!?!"

We, (I!) snobby French find that extremely rude!

One thing at a time, please!
Let's take time to LIVE!

Very nice pictures, Michael Shayne!
Yes, Florida does not have beautiful trees like that!
Now, you got beautiful views and.... you ALSO expected good food?????

California... hilly?!
It even has some mountains!.....I've heard!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 06:31:04 PM by François de Paris »

Michael

« Reply #148 on: September 09, 2004, 06:31:55 PM »

Well, I am off to my Preview, I mean final dress rehearsal.

Apparently Jane, I am going to have to begin the moving process tomorrow, which also happens to be Opening Night!  If you read this, DR and DS, Jed, if you have no plans this weekend, your help would be much appreciated.

Michael Shayne -- I hope you caught the mention of my friends meeting you Friday night.

Yes I did. It is a small world.
Never stop dreaming.

Panni

« Reply #149 on: September 09, 2004, 06:55:23 PM »

Panni!  You wrote KING OF KINGS????????

My secret's out. I look pretty good for a man my age, don't I?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up