Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: GOODBYE JULY/HELLO AUGUST  (Read 27067 times)

MBarnum

Re:GOODBYE JULY/HELLO AUGUST
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2006, 03:55:38 PM »

For anyone who might be visiting their local magazine rack my interview with the lovely Sara Shane, star of TARZAN'S GREATEST ADVENTURE, is in the new issue of CLASSIC IMAGES!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2006, 03:59:35 PM »

This is about where we were when the Zambizi Zinger broke.  The car in front of us got off the track and was shooting sparks at us...I will never forget that night

Photo is down a few posts in JRands post

I had almost the same experience at Disneyland when I was a kid.  It was terrifying!  I was in one of the boats on the Story Book Land ride when it stopped.  Fortunately we weren't still inside of the whale.  But they did make us get out and walk through all those little villages to the exit.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2006, 04:12:42 PM »

No, I should have been more specific. It's the Gwyneth Paltrow-Jake Gallanhaal-Anthony Hopkins movie based on the Tony-winning play.

I have really got to read that play.  Everyone says I should play the father role.  I wonder if that is because he is already dead when the play opens?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2006, 04:16:06 PM »

Good Evening!

Harumph!

Well, when I called my friend who came into town last week (and leaves early tomorrow morning) decided that he was "exhausted" after running around the city this weekend, and headed back to his other friend's apartment to take a nap earlier this afternoon.  Of course, I had hoped to grab a late lunch/early dinner with him, but...  And then he was supposed to call me when he got back to the apartment just to check in to see what our possible options were for tonight.  His last night in town... During his first trip to NYC.  So...

Still no phone call, and I'm just a bit put off by the whole situation.  He's been e-mailing me and IMing ever since January when he found out he'd be coming to the city.  And now it looks like I won't get a chance to see him.

Harumph!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2006, 04:18:24 PM »

I have really got to read that play.  Everyone says I should play the father role.  I wonder if that is because he is already dead when the play opens?

SPOILER ALERT, PLEASE![/i]

;D

Next thing you know, you'll be telling me that those sexy Cagelles in La Cage Aux Folles are actually played by men?!?!?!?!?
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2006, 04:35:32 PM »

What a Shot!

In MY day, she'd have been required to wear a bathing cap.

Talk about material to clog drains...plus all those long hairs floating around other swimmers....UGH!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2006, 04:38:23 PM »

Who in their right minds would want to go to L.A. when they can go to Corn Days instead?    :P

I guess that explains a lot about me, doesn't it?  ;D
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2006, 04:39:27 PM »

Re small planes: That time we flew to Fort Wayne, the plane was so small they assigned the seats depending on your weight so it would be balanced.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

MBarnum

« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2006, 04:40:36 PM »

More pieces of my childhood drifting away....Fleagle the Beagle, from THE BANANA SPLITS ADVENTURE HOUR passed away on June 26th in Evanston, Ill...or rather the actor who played him, Jeffrey Brock...died of a brain tumor at age 65.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2006, 04:42:41 PM »

Hmm... To Splash or not to Splash?... Hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2006, 04:42:59 PM »

What a Shot!

Amazing what you can do with a little Dippity-Doo!!!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MBarnum

« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2006, 04:44:48 PM »

...and character actress Amzie Strickland who was in, well, everything, died in Spokane, Washington on July 5th.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2006, 04:46:30 PM »

For anyone who might be visiting their local magazine rack my interview with the lovely Sara Shane, star of TARZAN'S GREATEST ADVENTURE, is in the new issue of CLASSIC IMAGES!

"So, Tarzan, is that a pistol in your loincloth or are you just happy to see me?"
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2006, 04:48:40 PM »

I had almost the same experience at Disneyland when I was a kid.  It was terrifying!  I was in one of the boats on the Story Book Land ride when it stopped.  Fortunately we weren't still inside of the whale.  But they did make us get out and walk through all those little villages to the exit.
And I bet they told you that all those little creatures were just ants, but stay to the footpaths all the same.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2006, 05:07:20 PM »

More pieces of my childhood drifting away....Fleagle the Beagle, from THE BANANA SPLITS ADVENTURE HOUR passed away on June 26th in Evanston, Ill...or rather the actor who played him, Jeffrey Brock...died of a brain tumor at age 65.

That's sad.  My sister and I loved The Banana Splits.  I've had the album of their TV soundtrack for years and bought a CD reissue of it a couple of years ago...although Jeffrey Brock didn't do the voice.  The IMDB listing lists Paul Winchell as the voice.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 05:09:55 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2006, 05:29:52 PM »

Didn' t THE BANANA SPLITS ADVENTURE HOUR release on DVD recently? That show was a regular at my house in the mornings as well.

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2006, 05:39:54 PM »

That's sad.  My sister and I loved The Banana Splits.  I've had the album of their TV soundtrack for years and bought a CD reissue of it a couple of years ago...although Jeffrey Brock didn't do the voice.  The IMDB listing lists Paul Winchell as the voice.

I still have my official Banana Splits Fan Club members book

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2006, 05:44:50 PM »

As far as next weekend. It will be Corn Days, but I'm actually going up because a friend I haven't seen in years is going to be there from Palm Springs to go to his class reunion.  My mother offered to let him stay in her house there if I stayed there too. So that's what I'm going to do. It will be fun, I haven't seen him in so long.   He was the kid in the neighborhood who organized neighborhood plays.  We did the Wizard of Oz in his driveway - he was the witch and even had a box rigged up so he could melt.  I was the tin man.

George

« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2006, 05:45:10 PM »

Didn' t THE BANANA SPLITS ADVENTURE HOUR release on DVD recently?

Not according to Amazon.com. :(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2006, 05:45:52 PM »

NEWS FLASH>>>>>THE CATS STILL AREN'T FIGHTING>>>>>> Woo and Hoo....we are getting there

George

« Reply #140 on: July 31, 2006, 05:50:54 PM »

Very good news, Cillaliz!

George

« Reply #141 on: July 31, 2006, 05:53:35 PM »

Didn' t THE BANANA SPLITS ADVENTURE HOUR release on DVD recently?

Not according to Amazon.com. :(

But someone on IMDB.com wrote that you can buy them HERE!  It says that the quality is 8.5 and it has "Nearly every episode."  I guess these are discs that someone just put together on their own and are selling, assuming that they're in the public domain. :-\

Ginny

« Reply #142 on: July 31, 2006, 05:53:54 PM »

NEWS FLASH>>>>>THE CATS STILL AREN'T FIGHTING>>>>>> Woo and Hoo....we are getting there

Maybe they think you'll leave them again if they keep fighting  ;)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #143 on: July 31, 2006, 05:54:32 PM »

I'll let you know how they are when I get them. ::)

;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2006, 06:01:50 PM »

Maybe they think you'll leave them again if they keep fighting  ;)

Hope not, I'm leaving again Friday to Monday. I'm hoping to get them to the point that Boo doesn't have to be shut up in her room this time.  It's only a few days to do it, but I think we'll get there

Ginny

« Reply #145 on: July 31, 2006, 06:05:09 PM »

Hope not, I'm leaving again Friday to Monday. I'm hoping to get them to the point that Boo doesn't have to be shut up in her room this time.  It's only a few days to do it, but I think we'll get there

Sounds like progress...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #146 on: July 31, 2006, 06:05:50 PM »

DR Jose - sorry you may miss connections with your friend.  It's his loss.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #147 on: July 31, 2006, 06:37:34 PM »

DR Jose - sorry you may miss connections with your friend.  It's his loss.

Aw, thanks.  That's just what I needed to hear tonight.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: July 31, 2006, 06:52:52 PM »

Aw, thanks.  That's just what I needed to hear tonight.

:)

I agree with DR Ginny.  He owes you a big apology.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #149 on: July 31, 2006, 06:56:31 PM »

Travel vibes for you for tomorrow, DR Elmore.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up