Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: BACK TO NORMAL, PART TWO  (Read 23888 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: BACK TO NORMAL, PART TWO
« Reply #180 on: December 05, 2008, 04:26:50 PM »

Had my brief eleven-thirty meeting, which was brief.  I then did a couple of errands and got some lunch from Gelson's.  I sent a bunch of e-mails and AOL just did something so weird I couldn't believe it.  I tried to send an e-mail response and got a pop up window saying I had to do some sort of "challenge" thing by following a URL, which was not clickable - I cut and pasted it and went and filled in the numbers and letters I saw on my screen and that was that and all is well, but how stupid is AOL?

Hmm... Are you sure that that wasn't some sort of "phishing virus"?  -I know that Facebook has started asking for "identifications" when posting URLs, but I didn't realize AOL was doing it now too.  -Just to be safe, I'd check any account that is connected to your AOL account.

I don't think it could be - but I called anyway, just to yell at them about it - they confirmed it's something they're doing now - at the request of their subscribers - I told her it wasn't at MY request.  And it was for each of my screen names.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #181 on: December 05, 2008, 04:29:06 PM »

Broken legs to George

Thanks, Fred!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #182 on: December 05, 2008, 04:29:43 PM »

I didn't realize that the "Beard" to which the article refers, was a specific person's name. ;)

DR George - Life is not Side Show.

???

That's not the kind of "beard" I was thinking of. ::)

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #183 on: December 05, 2008, 04:31:05 PM »

Contravening all expectations, I loved Mamma Mia!  So sue me.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

The Vixter

« Reply #184 on: December 05, 2008, 04:37:04 PM »

Hey everyone, just a quick login for Mom, she wants everybody to know that she just got back from the surgery to get the chemo port in, and she's a little tired, but fine, and she'd like to say hi. Also, she's having the stomach tube put in on monday, and she starts chemo on tuesday, so she might miss a couple of days on the site, but during those times, I'm to keep you all posted. She says she will continue to vist the site, so I probably won't be able to, since we only have one computer. So from me, Happy Holidays.

On my own behalf, I'd like to thank everyone who helped me with my Catcher in the Rye report, which went sucsessfully, resulting in a 100. Thanks again!!!  Love you all!!!!!!
Me: Hi, my names Vicky, and I think I might have become a textaholic.
All my friends: Hi Vicky. *Applause*

JMK

« Reply #185 on: December 05, 2008, 04:39:17 PM »

Hey everyone, just a quick login for Mom, she wants everybody to know that she just got back from the surgery to get the chemo port in, and she's a little tired, but fine, and she'd like to say hi. Also, she's having the stomach tube put in on monday, and she starts chemo on tuesday, so she might miss a couple of days on the site, but during those times, I'm to keep you all posted. She says she will continue to vist the site, so I probably won't be able to, since we only have one computer. So from me, Happy Holidays.

On my own behalf, I'd like to thank everyone who helped me with my Catcher in the Rye report, which went sucsessfully, resulting in a 100. Thanks again!!!  Love you all!!!!!!

We love y'all, too--tell Vixmom she's in everyone's prayers.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

singdaw

« Reply #186 on: December 05, 2008, 04:41:50 PM »

I am SO glad that DR Vixmom was able to get in all the procedures beforehand to make the ordeal that much easier.

Thanks DR The Vixter for the update!!

Tomovoz

« Reply #187 on: December 05, 2008, 04:42:23 PM »

Best of wishes and prayers for DR Vixmom.  Thanks to the Vixter for the update.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #188 on: December 05, 2008, 04:44:26 PM »

DR George, HAVE A GREAT SHOW TONIGHT!

Thanks, Jane! 

And hopefully, the other 11 performances will go well, also! ;)

HAVE 12 GREAT SHOWS!!!! :)

George

« Reply #189 on: December 05, 2008, 04:44:56 PM »

Great news about DR Vixmom!  Thanks for the update, Vixter!

George

« Reply #190 on: December 05, 2008, 04:45:12 PM »

DR George, HAVE A GREAT SHOW TONIGHT!

Thanks, Jane! 

And hopefully, the other 11 performances will go well, also! ;)

HAVE 12 GREAT SHOWS!!!! :)

:-*

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #191 on: December 05, 2008, 04:46:08 PM »

DR The Vixter - Thanks for the updates!  *And be sure to finish your homework before you check in here at HHW.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #192 on: December 05, 2008, 04:47:17 PM »

Has anyone heard from DR Mathew (Mattei) at all?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

The Vixter

« Reply #193 on: December 05, 2008, 04:48:55 PM »

We love y'all, too--tell Vixmom she's in everyone's prayers.

Mine too.

Tomovoz

« Reply #194 on: December 05, 2008, 04:49:15 PM »

all the best with your drug addiction therapy DR George. A 12 step plan.
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #195 on: December 05, 2008, 04:49:42 PM »

Had my brief eleven-thirty meeting, which was brief.  I then did a couple of errands and got some lunch from Gelson's.  I sent a bunch of e-mails and AOL just did something so weird I couldn't believe it.  I tried to send an e-mail response and got a pop up window saying I had to do some sort of "challenge" thing by following a URL, which was not clickable - I cut and pasted it and went and filled in the numbers and letters I saw on my screen and that was that and all is well, but how stupid is AOL?

Hmm... Are you sure that that wasn't some sort of "phishing virus"?  -I know that Facebook has started asking for "identifications" when posting URLs, but I didn't realize AOL was doing it now too.  -Just to be safe, I'd check any account that is connected to your AOL account.

I don't think it could be - but I called anyway, just to yell at them about it - they confirmed it's something they're doing now - at the request of their subscribers - I told her it wasn't at MY request.  And it was for each of my screen names.

(Whew!)

-I'm wondering if the new security measures are related to all the "OpenID" internet updates this past week.  You can now sign into various sights using either your Facebook and/or Google/GMail log-in information - thus, saving you the trouble of having to sign up for new accounts on each website.  -Of course, that ends up linking portions of your account information and your internet browsing "tendencies" to the websites/companies involved.  I guess I like the convenience of that innovation, but I'm not too crazy about the possible security and marketing issues.
Make Your Own Luck.

The Vixter

« Reply #196 on: December 05, 2008, 04:49:47 PM »

Great news about DR Vixmom!  Thanks for the update, Vixter!

Anything for Vixmom. :)

The Vixter

« Reply #197 on: December 05, 2008, 04:50:52 PM »

DR The Vixter - Thanks for the updates!  *And be sure to finish your homework before you check in here at HHW.  ;)

...Homework?...OH CRUD NOT AGAIN!!! *Rushes to do HW*

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #198 on: December 05, 2008, 04:51:06 PM »

I didn't realize that the "Beard" to which the article refers, was a specific person's name. ;)

DR George - Life is not Side Show.

???

That's not the kind of "beard" I was thinking of. ::)

I know.  Trust me, I know.  -The first thing that popped into my mind was that quasi-infamous exchange between Rosie O'Donnell and Nathan Lane on the Tony's.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #199 on: December 05, 2008, 04:52:27 PM »

Thank you DR Vixter.  I've been thinking of DR Vixmom all day & am glad to know the procedures went well.  I know I'm not the only one who will be watching for your reports.

BEST OF VIBES FOR YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #200 on: December 05, 2008, 04:52:59 PM »

...Homework?...OH CRUD NOT AGAIN!!! *Rushes to do HW*

School first, Young Lady.  School first.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

« Reply #201 on: December 05, 2008, 04:58:15 PM »

For the Vixter, HHW stands for her home work.

George

« Reply #202 on: December 05, 2008, 04:59:45 PM »

all the best with your drug addiction therapy DR George. A 12 step plan.

Thank you, Tom. :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #203 on: December 05, 2008, 05:06:21 PM »

Good morning, everyone. I shall post while I have a brief break.

The home sale has become a real roller coaster. The home inspection report was a disaster, with significant inaccuracies and many recommendations quite inappropriate to a historic home. I think DR Edisaurus would agree with me here--you should respect the architectural heritage of a building, rather than apply the standards of NEW construction to it. I'll stop there--believe me, I could go on and on and on. In any case, the buyers have been given some bad information and I'm not at all sure how this will turn out.

I have many personal business items to take care of today--eye exam, new tires for my car, others. Not fun, but necessary.

House vibes for Jeanne!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #204 on: December 05, 2008, 05:06:49 PM »

Well, I need to be going.  First, a little dinner, then to the theater. 

Have a good rest of the evening, all!

singdaw

« Reply #205 on: December 05, 2008, 05:09:04 PM »

Has anyone heard from DR Mathew (Mattei) at all?

Not since a few months ago, when he and the DP were in the process of purchasing a home!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #206 on: December 05, 2008, 05:11:23 PM »

TOD:

DVDr:
Two Filipino films from the 1960s....JAMES BATMAN and DARNA AND THE TREE MONSTERS. DR JOse, you never told me that the Phillipines made such cool movies!

CD: Soundtrack to the 1989 Bollywood film GOONJ. It is totally disco and I have not been able to stop listening to it!

You mean that Jose didn't show you some of his videos?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 05:43:34 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #207 on: December 05, 2008, 05:23:10 PM »

In August many vibes were given for my dear friend Sue.  She could use some more right now.  I'm hoping for some much needed good news on Tuesday.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #208 on: December 05, 2008, 05:24:26 PM »

I just filled out my out of office reply in Outlook:

"I will be away from the office beginning Monday, 12/08, through Friday, 01/02/2009.  I will be returning on Monday, 01/05/2009.

Have a Happy Holiday!"

Dan, if you weren't so damn cute - I would hate you.
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #209 on: December 05, 2008, 05:27:11 PM »

So...

I went ahead and swapped out the DSL modem - I had a spare "new" one - and that actually seems to have done the trick, so to speak.  Alas, I think a big part of the problem has to do with the fact the phone/DSL jack is placed right behind a radiator.  I've seemed to notice a pattern that whenever the heat goes on, the internet connection seems to slow down and/or needs to be reset.  I'm wondering if the heat from the radiator is somehow affecting the wires.  -I bet it is.  But since that's how things are set up here, well...  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up