Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: FEBRUARY WITH AN R  (Read 29481 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: FEBRUARY WITH AN R
« Reply #210 on: February 01, 2009, 04:24:13 PM »

There is NO SUCH THING as a little chocolate.

If only there were ;)

Jane

« Reply #211 on: February 01, 2009, 04:29:30 PM »

While I advise saving instead of spending, & have been doing so, I'm also planning a big splurge.  We have decided 40 years of marriage deserves a romantic location & a big splurge. Plus we reserved the pet sitter last June.

Craig is encouraging us to go to his favorite spot, Greece.  The Amalfi Coast looks very romantic.  Barcelona (Craig's second choice) is supposed to be one of the most beautiful cities.  Has anyone been to any of these spots?

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #212 on: February 01, 2009, 04:31:02 PM »

Today is the 50th Anniversary of the day the music died.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20090201/BUDDYHOLLY/902010336

Not exactly. It died on my birthday, Feb. 3rd...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #213 on: February 01, 2009, 04:37:27 PM »

The thing I remember most about CANNERY ROW was that Raquel Welch was originally cast and was replaced after filming started by Debra Winger. Miss Welch filed a huge lawsuit but I'm not sure whatever became of it (the lawsuit, not Miss Welch).

From wikipedia:

Raquel Welch was originally cast to play Suzy, but was fired after five days' filming. It was alleged she was taking too long to get ready each day. Welch sued the studio, MGM, and won a multi-million dollar settlement in the mid-eighties, but by then her film career was badly damaged. Because Turner Entertainment owned the film when she won the settlement, Turner had to pay it.

James Ivory said that they had quite a time with her on THE WILD PARTY, and not in a good way...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #214 on: February 01, 2009, 04:41:46 PM »

I was getting ready to say the same thing. The last concert was on Feb 2, 1959 and the plane crashed on the 3rd. I still remember my mother's shock; she loved the Big Bopper.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

« Reply #215 on: February 01, 2009, 04:42:50 PM »

Something special for Elmore:

CHRONICLE BOOKS

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
The Classic Regency Romance—Now with Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem!
Quirk Books By Jane Austen
and Seth Grahame-Smith

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies -- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies features the original text of Jane Austen's beloved novel with all-new scenes of bone-crunching zombie action. As our story opens, a mysterious plague has fallen upon the quiet English village of Meryton—and the dead are returning to life! Feisty heroine Elizabeth Bennet is determined to wipe out the zombie menace, but she's soon distracted by the arrival of the haughty and arrogant Mr. Darcy. What ensues is a delightful comedy of manners with plenty of civilized sparring between the two young lovers—and even more violent sparring on the blood-soaked battlefield as Elizabeth wages war against hordes of flesh-eating undead. Complete with 20 illustrations in the style of C. E. Brock (the original illustrator of Pride and Prejudice), this insanely funny expanded edition will introduce Jane Austen's classic novel to new legions of fans.

der Brucer

We just came home friend visiting friends in Marietta, and getting my 1990 Corolla inspected. (It passed!) Our friends had a lot of concerns about the Zombie movie that is going to be filming in their house this month. Since it stars Woody Harrelson, it apparently must have a good budget, so I think they'll be OK. But we were able to give them an idea of what it might be like.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #216 on: February 01, 2009, 04:43:49 PM »

The thing I remember most about CANNERY ROW was that Raquel Welch was originally cast and was replaced after filming started by Debra Winger. Miss Welch filed a huge lawsuit but I'm not sure whatever became of it (the lawsuit, not Miss Welch).

From wikipedia:

Raquel Welch was originally cast to play Suzy, but was fired after five days' filming. It was alleged she was taking too long to get ready each day. Welch sued the studio, MGM, and won a multi-million dollar settlement in the mid-eighties, but by then her film career was badly damaged. Because Turner Entertainment owned the film when she won the settlement, Turner had to pay it.

James Ivory said that they had quite a time with her on THE WILD PARTY, and not in a good way...

A friend of mine in WOMAN OF THE YEAR said she was great when she came into the show during Bacall's vacation, and I thought she was much better than Ms Bacall who stank and still won a Tony. He said that after she took over the role, however, she became impossible, and I gather she was difficult on VICTOR VICTORIA as well.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #217 on: February 01, 2009, 04:48:25 PM »

I went to the room where they demo an open heart surgery.  It's with dummys not humans, but was pretty interesting to actually see how it's done up close.

Couldn't Iowa spare one pig for a demo? (I bet Seattle Grace would do it!)

der Brucer

I went to the room where they demo an open heart surgery.  It's with dummys not humans, but was pretty interesting to actually see how it's done up close.

Couldn't Iowa spare one pig for a demo? (I bet Seattle Grace would do it!)

der Brucer

No

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #218 on: February 01, 2009, 04:52:49 PM »

Hello.  The Vixter came home from her retreat and prompltly left for a Superbowl Party,

Nothing else to report here
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Edisaurus

« Reply #219 on: February 01, 2009, 04:53:19 PM »

Looking over last year's bank statements is so depressing: the stocks my mom left me were worh a lot in May 2008 and now they're worth a 10th of it. My IRA is down to little more than 50% and I ran across the offer to sell the property in May that my greedy brothers turned down for being too little. Fuckemall!

Not as big of a deal, but my mother found some savings bonds that were bought in the 80's. They had my name and my brother's name on them. She thought she had bought them and gave them to me to cash so my brother and I could split it. My brother could use the cash since construction work has been down lately.

It turned out that these were bonds HE purchased and I guess he gave them to my mom to keep track of and she forgot about them. So it was even better for him and I cashed them and gave him all the paperwork---I was very excited about the rate of return and he was VERY happy to have the cash, which I gave to him at Christmas.

Yesterday I got my tax statement from my bank. I didn't realize that since I did the cashing, I would have to pay taxes on the interest (almost $500!). I don't have the heart to ask him to pay it, but I wish I'd realized that and let him cash them!

Cillaliz

« Reply #220 on: February 01, 2009, 04:54:25 PM »

If only there were ;)

There is a candy bar in my desk at work. I broke off a small piece last Tuesday and another small piece on Wednesday. There's more than half of it left. I am quite pleased

Cillaliz

« Reply #221 on: February 01, 2009, 04:55:50 PM »

Oh, I'm sure you're right. I was listening to the media reports... I should know better than that

DAW

« Reply #222 on: February 01, 2009, 04:57:09 PM »

We just watched Goodbye, Mr. Chips for the first time.  Loved it.  And loved the songs - even the ones I didn't already know. Call me indiscriminate.  Or a sentimental old fool.

Cillaliz

« Reply #223 on: February 01, 2009, 05:00:38 PM »

Ok, I wasn't happy with the last play of the half, but man what a run that was incredible

td

• td
« Reply #224 on: February 01, 2009, 05:03:14 PM »

Nice wild Super Bowl game!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #225 on: February 01, 2009, 05:03:42 PM »

The big question now is, can we expect a wardrobe malfunction from The Boss?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Cillaliz

« Reply #226 on: February 01, 2009, 05:06:22 PM »

LOL, not sure  I'm going to watch. I need to run to the store and this seems to be as good a time as any.

I finished the wall paper and put the towel bar and mirror back up. All the bathroom needs is a chair rail, a shelf and maybe a picture to hang on the wall and it's done.  Whew!

Jane

« Reply #227 on: February 01, 2009, 05:07:18 PM »

DR Vixmom, did you see Danise posted today?

Jane

« Reply #228 on: February 01, 2009, 05:08:56 PM »

Looking over last year's bank statements is so depressing: the stocks my mom left me were worh a lot in May 2008 and now they're worth a 10th of it. My IRA is down to little more than 50% and I ran across the offer to sell the property in May that my greedy brothers turned down for being too little. Fuckemall!

Not as big of a deal, but my mother found some savings bonds that were bought in the 80's. They had my name and my brother's name on them. She thought she had bought them and gave them to me to cash so my brother and I could split it. My brother could use the cash since construction work has been down lately.

It turned out that these were bonds HE purchased and I guess he gave them to my mom to keep track of and she forgot about them. So it was even better for him and I cashed them and gave him all the paperwork---I was very excited about the rate of return and he was VERY happy to have the cash, which I gave to him at Christmas.

Yesterday I got my tax statement from my bank. I didn't realize that since I did the cashing, I would have to pay taxes on the interest (almost $500!). I don't have the heart to ask him to pay it, but I wish I'd realized that and let him cash them!

As I was reading I thought, oh no you didn't cash them.

Jane

« Reply #229 on: February 01, 2009, 05:09:48 PM »

If only there were ;)

There is a candy bar in my desk at work. I broke off a small piece last Tuesday and another small piece on Wednesday. There's more than half of it left. I am quite pleased

I'm proud of you!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #230 on: February 01, 2009, 05:18:22 PM »

Don't know why I'm so tired today.  I've just been sitting on the couch like so much fish, barely able to keep Ye Olde Eyeballs open.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #231 on: February 01, 2009, 05:18:45 PM »

I think maybe I'll start the new chapter, maybe that will get my brain going.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #232 on: February 01, 2009, 05:39:10 PM »

Good Evening!

THE BOSS!!!!!!

:) :) :) :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #233 on: February 01, 2009, 05:46:54 PM »

I have the book I’m reading & the movie we watched, “1408”, to thank for the plot of last night’s nightmare.  I’ll jump to the end of the nightmare. 

I’m happily walking along my usual hiking trail when I realize it is getting darker & darker & suddenly I’m wondering why I’m out hiking at night, & without Sherlock.  Up ahead in the creek I see men with flashlights.  To my right, coming out of the creek, I spy a man.  At first I casually say hello & then realize he is the REALLY bad guy from earlier in my dream.  As he began to head in my direction I began to move as quickly as possible to get out of there.  I kept telling myself I know this trail & I won’t fall.  As I was doing my best to navigate the trail the “bad guy” was getting closer & closer.  I wanted to scream for the men with the flashlights to help me before the “bad guy” could hurt me, only I couldn’t scream.  My moaning & yelping noises woke Keith who in turn woke me. ;D

For awhile I could truly feel the terror of the dream.  It all came back to me today when we hiked that stretch of the trail.  I pointed out the area & described it all to Keith.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #234 on: February 01, 2009, 05:49:43 PM »

DR CILLA LIZ is the very thin picture of Will Power.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #235 on: February 01, 2009, 05:51:08 PM »

DR DERBRUCER - As DR elmore alread pointed out, it is indeed "lower".

*It's also "privileged" and "technology".  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #236 on: February 01, 2009, 05:51:38 PM »

I watched the West Coast production of Doctor Atomic and I must say that although some of the femme roles were played/sung better - overall, I liked the Metropolitan production.  The design and staging and particularly the payoff at the end was heart stopping and tremendous at the Met....and I am hoping this production comes out on DVD - although since we have this one (with way too many close ups), we not get another.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #237 on: February 01, 2009, 05:52:26 PM »

I just remember Welch's tirade when Kramer had to fire her on SEINFELD.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #238 on: February 01, 2009, 05:52:31 PM »

DR Jane - Hopefully, now that you've "expressed" your dream, it won't keep you up again tonight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #239 on: February 01, 2009, 05:53:17 PM »

I think either location sounds dreamy and romantic, DR JANE! 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up