Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: BRILLIANTLY ILLUMINATING  (Read 16860 times)

Ginny

Re: BRILLIANTLY ILLUMINATING
« Reply #120 on: March 04, 2011, 05:37:09 PM »

Here's my fabulous cardiologist explaining the test I'm having a week from Monday.

What grade is that kid in?

LOL, DR TCB!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2011, 05:40:11 PM »

Richard and I had a delightful Friday afternoon date - saw Black Swan and had an early dinner at Outback Steakhouse.  The movie was pretty weird, but we're glad we saw it.  On the way back we stopped to peek in on my aunt and then visited my mom.  Aunt is about the same and Mom is great.

I'm please your mother is great! :)

At least your aunt isn't worse.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: March 04, 2011, 05:47:25 PM »

T.O.D.

Today is Ask BK Friday isn't it?

Is it Theodor Uppman singing the role of Dismas on the A CHILD IS BORN CD?  I've played the CD so often that I finally lost the jewel case.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Danise

« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2011, 05:55:43 PM »

Evening all!  (((((((((DR Elmore))))))))))) Vibes, best wishes and hugs!!!!!!!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: March 04, 2011, 05:56:49 PM »

Hi, DR Danise! Thanks for the hugs and vibes! How's everything?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: March 04, 2011, 06:04:57 PM »

Nothing makes a Friday better than having Danise post at HHW (except elmore selling the property)
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #126 on: March 04, 2011, 06:08:02 PM »

I discovered that Bright House has a "On Demand" exercise channel and have decided that it's time I get off my lazy butt and do something about all this weight I've gained.  I'm noticing more and more health problems and that fall the other week scared me.

I found a 2 mile walking program and while I'm proud to say that I'm able to complete it, I'm so tired afterwards that when I sit down on the couch to catch my breath, I fall asleep.  There is no question that I am very out of shape. 

I've made my mind up that I'm going to keep it up.  30 minutes is not a long time to work out.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #127 on: March 04, 2011, 06:09:23 PM »

Nothing makes a Friday better than having Danise post at HHW (except elmore selling the property)
  Awwww.  Shucks. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

KevinH

« Reply #128 on: March 04, 2011, 06:10:39 PM »

Hello!  It was quite a struggle signing on.  It's hard typing on this thing--it's a Xoom pad (like an I pad). Now I'm wondering if I should have waited for the new I pad.

Jane

« Reply #129 on: March 04, 2011, 06:11:32 PM »

I discovered that Bright House has a "On Demand" exercise channel and have decided that it's time I get off my lazy butt and do something about all this weight I've gained.  I'm noticing more and more health problems and that fall the other week scared me.

I found a 2 mile walking program and while I'm proud to say that I'm able to complete it, I'm so tired afterwards that when I sit down on the couch to catch my breath, I fall asleep.  There is no question that I am very out of shape. 

I've made my mind up that I'm going to keep it up.  30 minutes is not a long time to work out.

Two miles is a good start, especially if you are doing it in 30 minutes.

KevinH

« Reply #130 on: March 04, 2011, 06:12:04 PM »

DR elmore--I got a laugh out of your Howard McGillin story!  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: March 04, 2011, 06:14:13 PM »

We know that Brent Barrett would never treat elmore that way!
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #132 on: March 04, 2011, 06:14:24 PM »

You are so very welcome!

I'm doing pretty good.  I no longer have my black eye and the cut is almost healed.  My only worry is that the deepest part of the cut has some scar tissue that may turn out to be a problem.  We'll have to see how it goes. 

Say, does anyone here know someone called Adam Tilly?  He asked to friend me on Facebook but I don't think I know him.  I looked at his friend list and while it over a hundred, I didn't see anyone I knew.  I don't like to friend someone when I'm not sure who they are.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: March 04, 2011, 06:14:59 PM »

Not if he ever wanted to get any more orchestrations.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #134 on: March 04, 2011, 06:16:20 PM »

You are so very welcome!

I'm doing pretty good.  I no longer have my black eye and the cut is almost healed.  My only worry is that the deepest part of the cut has some scar tissue that may turn out to be a problem.  We'll have to see how it goes. 

Say, does anyone here know someone called Adam Tilly?  He asked to friend me on Facebook but I don't think I know him.  I looked at his friend list and while it over a hundred, I didn't see anyone I knew.  I don't like to friend someone when I'm not sure who they are.

Nope.  I say don't friend him.
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #135 on: March 04, 2011, 06:17:00 PM »

Two miles is a good start, especially if you are doing it in 30 minutes.
  There is also a 1 mile program that only takes 15 minutes but I felt that even though I should start slow, I want a challenge.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Laura

« Reply #136 on: March 04, 2011, 06:17:06 PM »

Danise, if you click on his name, it should tell you who your friends in common are. If there are none, you can just ignore his request.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

KevinH

« Reply #137 on: March 04, 2011, 06:21:20 PM »

Not if he ever wanted to get any more orchestrations.

LOL!

Speaking of Brent, he's back doing Chicago on Broadway till June and will be Billy Flynn to Cheryl Tiegs's Roxie Hart!

Danise

« Reply #138 on: March 04, 2011, 06:23:42 PM »

Danise, if you click on his name, it should tell you who your friends in common are. If there are none, you can just ignore his request.
  There wasn't one friend in common so I guess I will ignore him.  I hate to do that if someone wants to be friends but with all the scary stories about Facebook, I don't think it's worth the chance.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #139 on: March 04, 2011, 06:25:16 PM »

You are so very welcome!

If the friends in common list doesn't show anyone I would send him a message without befriending him.  He might think you are someone else (there is a Denise) or he will solve the mystery for you.

Cillaliz

« Reply #140 on: March 04, 2011, 06:25:31 PM »

Today I found out the state ran out of money for court appointed attorneys so they aren't paying claims either.  My state claims are minimal, so that's no biggie to me, but I saw an email from a woman who is going to be financially devastated if she doesn't get some of her claims paid soon.   I am so thankful that I was inspired to get into immigration where I get paid by my clients and that although things are tight, I'm getting by without the pain others are experiencing. 

You are very lucky. I am sorry to hear about your friend.

Thanks Elmore.  I saw the email on a listserv so I don't know her, but I have a feeling there are a number of people I know in the same boat, they just aren't talking about it. 

Danise

« Reply #141 on: March 04, 2011, 06:27:51 PM »

A reader of The Tacoma News Tribune wrote a letter to the editor complaining about all of these selfish state workers who are paid over $100,000.00 a year.

I guess because I'm a County worker instead of a State worker, I don't get that kind of pay.   I haven't even had a raise in 4 years.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #142 on: March 04, 2011, 06:28:07 PM »

San Diego Out!   Memphis In!!  I'll save almost $1500 going to the seminar in Memphis vs the seminar in San Diego. And it's at a marriott so I can build up even more points to use on a New York vacation.  The seminar itself looks similar and I'll be much more comfortable with 400 people vs 3000 people. PLUS it's during Memphis in May and includes a ticket to the World Barbeque contest.  Fun!

Cilla, congrats on the $1500 savings! :D

Thanks George.

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: March 04, 2011, 06:29:44 PM »

San Diego Out!   Memphis In!!  I'll save almost $1500 going to the seminar in Memphis vs the seminar in San Diego. And it's at a marriott so I can build up even more points to use on a New York vacation.  The seminar itself looks similar and I'll be much more comfortable with 400 people vs 3000 people. PLUS it's during Memphis in May and includes a ticket to the World Barbeque contest.  Fun!

Cilla, congrats on the $1500 savings! :D

That really is great! I was al caught up in your story of the state's payment problems and your friend's email.

I've been on the phone with the record producer of the Herbert recordings; my emails are not getting to her on my regular server, but when I go to Roadrunner's webmail, which I use when I'm away from the apartment. everything's fine. Oy!

BK, next time you're paying an obscene amount of bills, I'm going to sneak a few of mine into the mix.

Thanks Elmore....just trying to make lemonade...lord knows there are enough lemons around

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: March 04, 2011, 06:32:27 PM »

Cilla, I am glad you are going to save $1,500.00, but personally I would rather be in San Diego.

Oh not me!  I've always wanted to go to Memphis and this will be a great chance to do it.  I want to see the National Civil Rights museum, maybe Graceland, but maybe not, Beale Street and many other places I've heard so much about from friends and family. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #145 on: March 04, 2011, 06:35:00 PM »

There wasn't one friend in common so I guess I will ignore him.  I hate to do that if someone wants to be friends but with all the scary stories about Facebook, I don't think it's worth the chance.

Don't feel bad about ignoring him. 

Danise

« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2011, 06:35:12 PM »

As I mentioned here a week or so ago, Roger Corman is shipping me a box of CHEYENNE WARRIOR DVDs to sell at the upcoming Festival of the West in Scottsdale, AZ.

That's the movie I wrote that stars Kelly Preston, Dan Haggerty, Bo Hopkins and Pato Hoffmann.

If anybody is interested in buying a copy, please contact me.
  I remember when everyone thought that Dan Haggerty was a relative of mine but it's the wrong spelling of my last name.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2011, 06:42:27 PM »

I've never been to Memphis.  I like San Diego.  I have plans to take Sherlock to the dog beach in nearby Del Mar, but not in June so I'm glad Cilla is going someplace new.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2011, 06:42:35 PM »

A reader of The Tacoma News Tribune wrote a letter to the editor complaining about all of these selfish state workers who are paid over $100,000.00 a year.

I guess because I'm a County worker instead of a State worker, I don't get that kind of pay.   I haven't even had a raise in 4 years.

Raise, Hell?  Starting in July we are getting a lower.
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #149 on: March 04, 2011, 06:43:15 PM »

Maybe he has been invited to the Harry and Kate wedding!

Or maybe William has dumped Kate, and he wants to marry Jose.
  :)  LOL!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up