Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE REAL A  (Read 21375 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE REAL A
« Reply #210 on: March 03, 2009, 05:11:37 PM »

I believe they're about to permanently close Broadway to all cars, hence the mall comment.  This particular article sounds like it was paid for by the producers.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #211 on: March 03, 2009, 05:27:41 PM »

This should be a fun read when it is released!    :D

It's not going to be released until OCTOBER?  AARRGGHH!!

I don't want to wait that long.  They shouldn't have announced it so soon.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #212 on: March 03, 2009, 06:28:08 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

DR ADRIANA PATTI!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #213 on: March 03, 2009, 06:30:09 PM »

I had a frustrating day.  That's all I'm going to say about it

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #214 on: March 03, 2009, 06:30:52 PM »

DR MattH, I don't think The Bachelor After The Rose 2 is just a recap of the season. Apparently after the turn of events last night they need to do another update.

And btw2, I am surprised that some DRs were surprised by the turn of events since they were leaked last week.

Jennifer, I don't read internet sites about shows so I wouldn't have known about a leak

Amen. Most of us, DR Jennifer, have more to do than spend our time glued to tv gossip.

I don't watch THE BACHELOR and I don't read internet gossip sites, but I read all about the big shock in last week's newspaper, as well as in TV Guide.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #215 on: March 03, 2009, 06:48:16 PM »

My mother was very concerned she wouldn't get home from Bible study in time to see The Bachelor, lol

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #216 on: March 03, 2009, 06:50:54 PM »

I should think JMK would especially be interested in Rio given his love of all things Brazilian.  There are a few homages to Black Orpheus.

And if you check your PayPal payments, you'll see I ordered both Anya & Rio within about 30 seconds of your official announcement.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #217 on: March 03, 2009, 06:57:33 PM »

I had a frustrating day.  That's all I'm going to say about it

Well let me tell you about mine and maybe you will feel better:

1.  Today is my "senior choir" day, and we had gotten a request to perform in Vancouver, WA.  I had had a devil of a time getting decent directions on how to get to this retirement home and had ultimately asked for the Administrator, who seemed to know what he was talking about.  We discovered in driving up there today he didn't.  I managed to get there but one of the other carpools got hopelessly lost, creating a lot of stress.

2.  I got home to discover some of the most surly of the workmen who have been doing the development next door were back--the pavers.  They, once again, had completely blocked my driveway and were using the front area of my yard (in front of my fence, but still my property) as a staging area.  Because I had the roofers coming and going, I went out and told them they needed to move, at which point their supervisor started calling me every name in the book, as if I'm doing something wrong to tell them to stop blocking my driveway!  They went on to harass the dogs, who are completely fenced.  I then had the enormous "pleasure" of having my home be in Sensurround for three hours as they tamped down the ground and did the second round of asphalt.

3.  I just came home after swim team with Gabe to a very curt message from an addle-pated woman who had booked my Senior Choir last session, but had then forgotten about it, so when we showed up at her facility, we discovered we couldn't perform.  Anyhoo, she re-booked us, and I called to confirm we were actually on today, and she left a blistering message that of course we were booked, she had put in writing.  She hadn't.

One good thing happened today, and it was quite funny--the owner/developer of the McMansions next door showed up, and, because he's a Fat Cat Republican (you can't convince me otherwise), he parked his Cadillac Escalade pretty much in the middle of the street, literally right under a No Parking sign.  Now I have never seen anything like this in our neighborhood before, but about 30 seconds after he walked down to the development, a Parking Patrol "golf cart" (for wont of a better term) pulled up behind him AND GAVE HIM A TICKET!!!  It was so surreal and funny.

Feel better now, Cilla?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #218 on: March 03, 2009, 07:06:48 PM »

Crawling out of my editing cave  (hell) to wish Adrianna a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #219 on: March 03, 2009, 07:08:26 PM »

DR JMK, when possible I go online for directions and have those in front of me so I can question discrepancies.  Sometime a small step is left out, other times MapQuest takes me the long way (often less miles but not the way one wants to go).

Cillaliz

« Reply #220 on: March 03, 2009, 07:09:20 PM »

DR JMK, thanks for the attempt to make me feel better.  My day was still frustrating. Not enough to go into detail...hopefully tomorrow will be better for both of us... I hear the sun will come out ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #221 on: March 03, 2009, 07:12:02 PM »

I should have thought JMK would have ordered twenty copies. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #222 on: March 03, 2009, 07:12:32 PM »

Quite a few people from castrecl asked if they could just go ahead and order it now and I let them.

Cillaliz

« Reply #223 on: March 03, 2009, 07:17:31 PM »

I've been doing the weight watchers monthly pass and am considering canceling and just doing it myself with an occasional meeting.  It would be cheaper and I could always re-up if I need to.  I do know how to do it now and if I really don't want to keep paying forever.  Hmmm what to do

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #224 on: March 03, 2009, 07:25:51 PM »

Time to head home and watch the season premiere (FINALLY) of "Reaper"! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #225 on: March 03, 2009, 08:08:39 PM »

DR Michael Shayne is absolutely correct that the first foray for me into the world of cyberspace was on Fidonet where bulletin boards like GREASEPAINT (where I first met him) and FILM (which I moderated for a while) were the popular means of communication.

I was using my Atari 800XL with a 1200 baud modem then (I had upgraded from a 300 baud modem). My lord, how far we've progressed since those days!

DR. MATT

I wonder does Greasepaint still exist in any form.
 I remember when TJ Edwards would post there under another name whose name escape at the moment/

I think he just might feel welcome here.

I really have no idea, but I kind of doubt it since the board was drying up during my last months there. We would sometimes go for days without a post.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #226 on: March 03, 2009, 08:10:52 PM »

When I went back down, I finished up the bonus features on BATMAN RETURNS. There really weren't too many more featurettes to go. The trailer and the music video went by very quickly, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #227 on: March 03, 2009, 08:14:53 PM »

Then I watched BATMAN FOREVER. It wasn't as I remembered it, and I found both villains so over-the-top, trying so desperately to outdo what Nicholson did in the first one that they wore me out long before the movie was over. (Say what you will about BATMAN RETURNS, but at least DeVito and Pfeiffer weren't playing to the camera at every single second of the shoot. They played their characters without resorting to that over-affected shtick and making faces at the camera that Carrey and Jones did in the third one.)

For me, Chris O'Donnell was the real deal in BATMAN FOREVER. He's the one whose performance holds up now 15 years later.

Matt H.

« Reply #228 on: March 03, 2009, 08:16:11 PM »

I also had time to listen to about 15 minutes of commentary on BATMAN FOREVER (much of it sounded familiar; I think I must have listened to this one on the DVD) and watch the first three featurettes.

Matt H.

« Reply #229 on: March 03, 2009, 08:18:56 PM »

Then I watched AMERICAN IDOL. They back-loaded the show tonight. Except for the wonderful Von, all the best singers seemed to be in the last half: Scott, Lil Rounds, the Puerto Rican guy whose name I can't remember, the woman brought back at the last minute, and the Kelli Pickler clone. They were all very entertaining.

Funny with all the talk earlier today about watching or not watching tonight. I think it was the best of the three rounds overall.

Matt H.

« Reply #230 on: March 03, 2009, 08:19:33 PM »

I finished my evening by skimming through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. No boys and they weren't in the previews either.

Michael

« Reply #231 on: March 03, 2009, 08:29:55 PM »

I just order ANYA.

I think it will be a nice companion recording to Anastasia Affaire aka Anastasia: The Musical which was a revised version of ANYA
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

« Reply #232 on: March 03, 2009, 08:40:04 PM »

I must do some writing, so I'll sign off for today.

Good night!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #233 on: March 03, 2009, 08:55:50 PM »

Then I watched AMERICAN IDOL. They back-loaded the show tonight. Except for the wonderful Von, all the best singers seemed to be in the last half: Scott, Lil Rounds, the Puerto Rican guy whose name I can't remember, the woman brought back at the last minute, and the Kelli Pickler clone. They were all very entertaining.

A. It was a shame Von Smith went first - it was overwhealmed by the poor performances that followed.

B. The Puerto Rican guy was Jorge Nuñez - whom, I suspect. will get third.

C. Woman brought back at the last minute was Felicia Barten, and the country gal was Kendall Beard. Together with Von, they may get wild card pick-ups.

D. The rest were remarkably forgettable.

der Brucer
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 09:01:55 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #234 on: March 03, 2009, 09:20:40 PM »

2.  I got home to discover some of the most surly of the workmen who have been doing the development next door were back--the pavers.  They, once again, had completely blocked my driveway and were using the front area of my yard (in front of my fence, but still my property) as a staging area.  Because I had the roofers coming and going, I went out and told them they needed to move, at which point their supervisor started calling me every name in the book, as if I'm doing something wrong to tell them to stop blocking my driveway!  They went on to harass the dogs, who are completely fenced.  I then had the enormous "pleasure" of having my home be in Sensurround for three hours as they tamped down the ground and did the second round of asphalt.

You should be gaining some affection for the 2nd Amendment.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #235 on: March 03, 2009, 09:52:31 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #236 on: March 03, 2009, 10:00:21 PM »

Oh...

Good Evening!

And, yes, I had a very good evening. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #237 on: March 03, 2009, 10:02:20 PM »

Page eight?  Do my eyes deceive me?  Funny, I've never deceived my eyes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: March 03, 2009, 10:03:51 PM »

Finished with my viewing for the evening and am listening to the London cast album of Irma La Douce - released by a London company that specializes in public domain releases - it's mastered from LP and it's okay - not nearly as good as my mastering guy is, but it's interesting hearing the differences between this and the B'way cast album which had slightly different orchestrations (augmented by Robert Ginzler).

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #239 on: March 03, 2009, 10:06:37 PM »

I ate something called kettle corn - I thought I was buying regular low-fat popcorn, but this crap was GROSS - sweet and yuckilicious.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up