Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: SPOT DAY  (Read 25273 times)

Jason

Re:SPOT DAY
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2004, 09:10:06 AM »

DR MBarnum: Down with the lip-smackers!! I'll defend you at your trial. No one should have to endure loud eating...it's mentally abusive!

Your CD should go out today, I hope. The mail meter is screwed up, so it may have to wait until Monday, I'm afraid...but it's coming!!

CD Player: John Bucchino "Grateful" (what a great album), PHANTOM OF THE OPERA and VIOLET.

DVD: Nothing right now.

VHS: Still broken. :-\ My dad will have to tape the Tonys for me this year...

MBarnum

« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2004, 09:18:33 AM »

And DR Jason your CD should be arriving any day now!

Yes DR MattH, if you like Rodan you should just go get the DVD!

2 and 1/2 hours to go until workday is over for me. Will be 81 degrees today and just perfect! Tomorrow will be cloudy :(  

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2004, 09:18:59 AM »

Media Check:
DVD: Empty (we're really not movie people....)
VCR: Empty now, but will have a tape in it soon, for Sunday night's theatre fest.
CD/Car: MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG
CD/Office:  Laurie Beechman/"Time Between the Time"

Aside from being the Tony's (R), Sunday afternoon is also the awards ceremony for Rochester's Stars of Tomorrow program.  For DRs who have not caught my prior mentions of this, it is a program similar to the Tony's (R)but for high school shows, and for which I am one of the judges.  The area covered is far greater than metro-Rochester itself, and in my division alone (there are 3 divisions, based on school population), we logged OVER 800 miles traveling to and from shows.  And remember, Rochester can get pretty snowy and icy in those winter months.....

We (my fellow judges and I, but especially I) have high hopes for a lovely actress who played IRENE in, of all places, Romulus, NY.  But we won't know 'til that envelope is opened Sunday afternoon!

And, the ceremony gets taped, and broadcast IN PRIME TIME on the local NBC affilliate.  And includes several interview segments, including one with yours truly.....

Then home to watch Hugh Jackman shake his maracas!  (well, only for ONE of the numbers, I guess....)

MBarnum

« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2004, 09:19:39 AM »

I have not contributed to the Tony nominations as I know nothing about the who, where, or who. LOL!

Unless Tom Wopat is up for an award  ;D

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2004, 09:21:17 AM »

DR PANNI do you want me to post your pic again today in case not everyone saw it?

Thanks for the offer, JR - but I don't think so. Might blow the Witness Protection Program cover. (Moises used to be Vinny ("the Cheese") Proscapelli and I blush to tell you my former identity.)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2004, 09:30:34 AM »

BTW DRGEORGE there is no such thing as a 12 inch single...they may tell you that, but don't believe it.

Well, I'm single and..............
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2004, 09:32:18 AM »

Oh, okay, Amelia....I mean Anna.

Be quiet TCB and learn your lines.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2004, 09:32:44 AM by JRand53 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2004, 09:38:32 AM »

The Sony Godzilla and Rodan DVDs are adequate, nothing more.  I have the Japanese laserdisc of Rodan (sans subtitles, unfortunately) but it is spectacular, color and image.  It is full frame if I recall - Japan didn't really do much 1:85 - it seemed to be full frame or directly to scope.  I'm sure at some point they made the switch, but it wouldn't have been in 1956.  I seem to recall they did a reissue of Godzilla (the Raymond Burr version!) in Japan in 1960, and that was artifically converted to 1:85, so maybe that was the first year.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2004, 09:50:58 AM »

And what a load of lovely postings this fine morning.  One question: I show up and everyone stops?  Everyone suddenly GOES to tarnation?  I brushed my teeth and everything.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2004, 09:59:12 AM »

I had to remove myself to the tarnation of a windowless room because the window washers were heading to my level.

Elan

• Smiling from heir to heir...
    • efrex: confessions of an orthodox jewish straight theatre queen
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2004, 10:02:05 AM »

Here's my post on spot day (has anyone else noticed that "post" is an anagram of "spot?" Isn't that just too too?)

DVD: nothing new, although I'll probably be renting "Matrix: Revolutions" just to get that business done with
VHS: "Spinal Tap" (can't believe I've NEVER seen the movie)
CD: "Parvarim: 40 years of music" (box set of Israeli folk duo, including an album of Simon & Garfunkel songs in Hebrew!), followed by Audra McDonald's "Way Back to Paradise"

Oh, knowing as I do that there are some fans of bk's very good friend Mr. Sondheim on this board: are there any fellow fans of Sondheim's puzzle of choice, the cryptic crossword? I've recently become quite addicted, although I really haven't found too many of 'em on this side of the pond (Sondheim's collection, as we all know, is long out-of-print and obscenely rare...)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2004, 10:05:52 AM »

From a reputable source:

Odors that increase blood flow to the penis: lavender, licorice, pumpkin pie.

What?  No leather?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2004, 10:08:05 AM »

The guy who works in the cube behind me is eating  licorice...and he is very noisy..chewing with his mouth open...all I can hear is the smacking of gums...if it doesn't stop soon I am going to commit a crime...

...I seem to be a bit grumpy...maybe I need more coffee! LOL!

That's what happens when equal opportunity starts including the slack-jawed.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2004, 10:18:48 AM »

Whew!  My system was not letting me access HHW!  Whew!

MR BK that was very nice of you to not place ALL the Blame for MAME on Miss Lucille Ball.  She may have had some delusions, but I think she deserved to expect the EXPERTS in the recording studio to do their best to protect her.  I still like the CD - but then I LOVE LUCY and I am even looking forward to the August DVD release of the HERE'S LUCY episodes.

I think we have discussed this before, and I know it is not an ASK day, but have any DR's ever appeared on a game or panel show?  What happened?

I had a friend many years ago, whose parents were on a show called BRIDE AND GROOM....of course they weren't still married, but the whole idea fascinated me.

Panni

« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2004, 10:20:22 AM »

Oh, okay, Amelia....I mean Anna.

Wrong! I'll give you a hint and we must never speak of it again... I own a pair of blue suede shoes.

Panni

« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2004, 10:21:12 AM »

I was having trouble posting, too. I think it's okay now. Let's see...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2004, 10:22:37 AM »

When I was in college, several of us theater arts students went down and auditioned for The Dating Game.  Apparently none of us were acceptable.  In retrospect, I am so glad, because they rerun these things now and I would be mortified to see myself on such a show.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2004, 10:24:54 AM »

I had an upsetting experience last night (but with a happy ending). My friend Jean joined me for Archie's evening walk. We took the boardwalk along Lake Ontario, and it turned dark as we headed back through a wooded area toward the bridge over the Humber River. There we saw a little boy, standing completely alone. He may have been three years old and he was almost hidden by the bushes around him. Jean and I stopped to ask where his parents were - it was getting darker, and the scene was pretty deserted. He didn't reply - he just pointed to the bridge. Jean stayed with the boy while I went to look for a parent or a policeman. (It made obvious sense that Jean, not I, would be the one alone with the child.) I couldn't find either, and returned to the scene. It was several minutes before a man returned. He explained in very broken English that he had lost his roller skate and had gone back to find it. I asked the little boy if the man was his daddy. He obviously was - they spoke to each other in the same language, and the child nodded. We shook our heads in disapproval, but I don't think the father understood our concern.

Ben

« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2004, 10:26:35 AM »

For those New York City folk who are interested, here is the list of films to be played in Bryant Park this summer.

HBO Bryant Park Summer Film Festival

What: A series of free outdoor, classic movie screenings.

Where: Bryant Park-6th Ave, between 40-42nd Streets.

When: Every Monday night at sunset from June 21 thru August 23

http://www.bryantpark.org/calendar/film-festival.php

Schedule: June 21 – American Graffiti
                June 28 – The Thin Man
                July 5 – All The Presidents Men
                July 12 – Cat Ballou
                July 19 – Dial M for Murder
                July 26 – Love Story
                August 2 – Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
                August 9 – Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
                August 16 – Planet of the Apes
                August 23 – The Big Sleep

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2004, 10:26:38 AM »

I had to remove myself to the tarnation of a windowless room because the window washers were heading to my level.

You could have just put some clothes on, Dan.
“One thing’s universal,

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2004, 10:28:57 AM »

I may not have this entirely right, but in Jerry Herman's autobiography - which I read some years ago - he said that Lucy's singing was so dreadful that for one word (maybe "today" in it's today?) they had to patch together syllables from different takes. (Does that make sense?)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2004, 10:37:24 AM by Dan-in-Toronto »

Ben

« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2004, 10:29:44 AM »

Never been on a game show. Friends say I should try to get on Who Wants to Be A Millionaire since I have a lot of trivial knowledge stuck into my brain. I know I could at least get up to $32,000 probably without using a lifeline. The questions get harder (obviously) the closer you get to $1,000,000 and they do things like sticking science and math (sorry WOF) and sports questions in there which would be my downfall.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2004, 10:30:04 AM by Ben »

Jennifer

« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2004, 10:34:08 AM »

Wow so many posts to catch up on today!

In my cd player: BOUNCE & WICKED.
In my dvd player: I want to watch Harry Potter #2
In my vcr: will be taping today's Y&R

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2004, 10:35:35 AM »

This happened to a neighbor. He was standing toward the window just as the window washers made their descent. He didn't have time to flee (or, apparently, grab a towel) - so he quckly turned his back to the window, forgetting that he was staring into a full-length mirror. Of course, the view in the mirror included a couple of laughing window washers.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2004, 11:30:42 AM by Dan-in-Toronto »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2004, 10:36:00 AM »

Or not. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2004, 10:39:03 AM »

DR Ben: You should try to get on the daytime version of Millionaire. And since you live in NYC it might be easier (since I think you have to pay your own way). I think the details are on abc.com.

DR MBarnum: Will you watch your first Tonys show this year?  Me I cannot wait!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2004, 10:41:27 AM »

Or not. ::)

Ah yes, George, I think I have that video!
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2004, 10:41:30 AM »

Uh -oh.....Lucy has to make Ricky lose his temper before Mrs Mumford delivers the turquoise cocktail hat with pearls and a feather!

I bet she can do it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2004, 10:45:29 AM »

DRPaNNI - I think I saw your putting gasoline into your Cadillac at the Crystal Flash in Mooresville last Friday.

DinTo I sort of remember reading that about Lucy and the recording as well....hmmmmmmmm...

Yes MR BK, mortifying for you it may have been, but compared to the enjoyment of the rest of the world....well....there's no comparison.  Why else would there be film?

Panni

« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2004, 10:47:12 AM »

WOW. Took forever to get into the Reply mode. Okay, I'll try posting a phone pic I just tool of the guest house in which I live. If it makes us go W-I-D-E, I'll delete...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up