Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: PUTTING IT TOGETHER  (Read 16218 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:PUTTING IT TOGETHER
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2004, 10:47:50 AM »

Let's see if this cast photo is too big for the board.  If it is, I'll send it to someone to resize.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2004, 10:59:02 AM »

Let's see if this cast photo is too big for the board.  If it is, I'll send it to someone to resize.

I LOVE IT!!!!

Now tell us who's who.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2004, 11:08:05 AM »

Academy also has two CDs in their window. One of Annie Warbucks and the other The Gay Life with Miss Barbara Cook and Jules Munshin. They are somewhat pricey which is why, I think, they have been in the window for over a week. Any thoughts, DRs on either of these scores? Worth having or just curiosities?

I bought The Gay Life when the CD first came out, and give it a mixed review. Barbara Cook is remarkable (surprise), and the CD is worth the price (I guess; how much is it?) just to hear her voice captured at that point in her career. She has three excellent songs (Magic Moment, Something You Never Had Before, The Label on the Bottle). The music is far superior to the lyrics ("You've had gay love before, come-what-may love before"). Other than Barbara's songs, and the overture, there's nothing too redeemable here. Walter Chiari? You can't understand his English. Jules Munshin? Way too cutesy. Elizabeth Allen as Walter Chiari's "former Hungarian flame"? I can only imagine DR Panni's response.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2004, 11:13:59 AM »

Good Morning!

From Left to Right:

Suzanne Blakeslee, Ryan Raftery, Tammy Minoff, Paul Haber and Alet Taylor/Oury
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2004, 11:19:24 AM »

The Gay Life is $25. I guess because it seems to be out of print. I am a Barbara Cook groupie. I love her. Granted, I have paid more for a couple of CDs but they were double CDs. Oh, well. We will see. If it's still in the window next week maybe I'll get it.

It Never Was You - what a gorgeous song!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2004, 11:21:27 AM »

Tammy will be here momentarily - we don't like the photos our publicist has chosen, so we're rechoosing.  I'll post more photos soon.

MBarnum

« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2004, 11:31:49 AM »

BK, just go to a Greek place and order one of the sampler dishes...then you can try a wide variety of things and figure out what might be your favorites!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2004, 11:32:20 AM »

I'm back, and I'm not spending six bucks an hour. My cousin Jonathan noticed that he was getting a wireless Internet connection signal on his palm pilot downstairs by the foozeball and ping pong ball tables. It took two of my cousins, but they got my laptop online too.

And here are some more pictures...

Here we have a very bad picture of my cousins Charles and Darryl cheating at foozeball.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

MBarnum

« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2004, 11:36:13 AM »

BK, the cast photo is great!! The one guy rather appeals to me, as well!

Ok you New York DRs, has anyone bought their tickets to see my buddy Charles Bloom's musical INSOMNIA? Don't delay...it closes July 31!

DR Elmore, exactly what did you do to get your back in this condition, anyhow? I must have missed your explanation!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2004, 11:37:35 AM »

The only Greek food that I've had have been gyros and baklavah (I love baklavah!).  The only Indian food that I've had has probably been curry rice.  That's it.  I'm not an adventurous eater.  Never have been...never will be.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2004, 11:37:36 AM »

DR Jrand53, I also hope that I get that Allison Hayes picture!! I bid high so we will see what we will see! And of course if I get a copy I will certainly make one for you!

You could put it in a nice double picture frame with the shot of Allison stabbing Jack Palance in SIGN OF THE PAGAN! LOL!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2004, 11:37:48 AM »

We just had lunch. My cousin Dave, who keeps track of things like this, said that our table broke the record for most people at one table. And, as requested, here is a picture of lunch.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2004, 11:46:33 AM »

I refuse to believe it!  I see no bodybuilders over 70 in that photo!

I pulled my back out holding onto electronic equipment  when my former Panasonic, VCR and cable box fell off the table they whole megillah was sitting on as I was moving it to clean it before the deliverymen toted it away today.  I can't believe I managed to not damage anything but my back.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2004, 11:49:54 AM »

I am with DR MBarnum!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2004, 12:01:53 PM »

Great cast photo!  They are obviously looking at the satellite in the road....just like Allison in Attack of the 50 Foot Woman.  Handsome men and lovely women....and they can sing!!!  What a deal!

Yes MB - that would make a lovely foldout Photo-Album....hehehe.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2004, 12:05:54 PM »

Back momentarily. I'm not always getting my email, can't stay online and have huge probs accessing HHW and/or posting. Other than that my Internet is working just great.
Cute cast picture.
Bye.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2004, 12:11:04 PM »

I love the internet - except when it doesn't work.  Grrrrrrrrr....DR PANNI is in internet limbo it seems....

She needs the HAL 9000!

Jennifer

« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2004, 12:14:36 PM »

BK, I love that photo.  Was that one of the ones that was chosen?

Robin

« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2004, 12:18:23 PM »

Was that one of the ones that was chosen?

That's one good-lookin' bunch!
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2004, 12:40:52 PM »

No, that was one we didn't care for that much - we have really good ones and have now chosen them.  I'll post more later.  Off to lunch.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2004, 12:59:48 PM »

Which one guy?

Did anyone else see Larry King interview Martha Stewart last night? First, Martha is so much brighter than Larry. And second, they were both busy pushing BK's revue: "What if?" "What if" What if?"

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2004, 12:59:51 PM »

Oh thanks, DRSARAH - now I am hungry.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2004, 01:11:28 PM »

Academy also has two CDs in their window. One of Annie Warbucks and the other The Gay Life with Miss Barbara Cook and Jules Munshin. They are somewhat pricey which is why, I think, they have been in the window for over a week. Any thoughts, DRs on either of these scores? Worth having or just curiosities?

I certainly don't find much of merit about ANNIE WARBUCKS, but THE GAY LIFE has some lovely melodies, and who wouldn't want to have EVERY barbara Cook cast album there is? I'm sure there are several of us who could make a copy of either (both) of these if you want to spare some expense. I feel no guilt about this when CDs are out of print as I'm sure THE GAY LIFE is.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 01:15:57 PM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2004, 01:16:27 PM »

ANNIE WARBUCKS.....it should be in the window for a LONG time....better there than in someone's CD player!

Matt H.

« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2004, 01:17:05 PM »

That IS a good looking cast. They look like a fun group to work with. We're looking forward to the cast album. There WILL be a cast album, won't there?

Matt H.

« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2004, 01:19:23 PM »

Didn't get to ONE, TWO, THREE yet. I recorded HUSBANDS AND WIVES on the DVR last night, and wanted to see if the copy was OK before dubbing it over to a DVD-R.

Jennifer

« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2004, 01:22:56 PM »

I saw a bit of the Martha Stewart interview.  I know she isn't the warmest person, but am I the only one here who feels really bad for her.

And btw DR Panni, I'm having email problems as well. I can get into my account, just not my inbox, and I can't send messages. And of course tech isn't responding to my emails.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2004, 01:28:52 PM »

Ahh, perseverance pays off. I knew if I waited long enough I could find Sketches of Broadway, the new Janis Siegel CD, at Academy. Today was my lucky day. I will be listening this afternoon. The song list sounds great. I am a big fan (I know DR George is also).

I MOST DEFINITELY am a fan of Janis Siegel's!!  And I think that her new CD is damned good. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2004, 01:31:48 PM »

You know, DRJENNIFER, Martha Stewart broke the law, and I don't think she is above punishment for it.  And of course she was convicted of perjury (I think) not just the insider trading stuff....BUT....

She was paying A LOT of money for advice and she took the advice of men she trusted.  She knew it was ILLEGAL....but if she was getting this advice from them...a LOT of other people were, too.  I think more attention should have been paid to the men giving the advice.  I know one guy is going to jail, but to think he was acting without the knowledge of his superiors....or that this wasn't standard practice is a bit naive.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2004, 01:49:16 PM »

Moving on to page four....in just a moment or two.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up