Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE KEMPT ME  (Read 23335 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE KEMPT ME
« on: August 06, 2004, 12:00:15 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you're up on all the latest news, you're above all kempt, and now it is time to post until the kempt kows kome home.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2004, 12:01:00 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE KEMPT ME
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 12:03:09 AM »

We've had an Attack of the Wussburgers here at haineshisway.com.  Everyone deserted us at eleven, and before then there was like one post in an hour-and-a-half.  Bitch-slappin' ahead, baby.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 12:06:12 AM »

Oops (spoo, spelled backwards) we got us a big birthday to celebrate.  I'm updating the notes right this very minute.  Stay tuned...

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 12:10:39 AM »

The kempt issue is one I've been mulling over. I've noticed that in recent days I've been less and less kempt as I work. I mean, what difference does it make? But perhaps it does. Perhaps one should dress nicely and put a ribbon in one's hair (if that is one's wont) even when working at home. It shows a respect for one's work. And one does not want to vomit when one walks by one's mirror. (I'm getting tired of "one" -- I may start using "two.")  At any rate, the question is.... Should two be quite kempt when two is working in a work environment in which two is quite alone?

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 12:17:39 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR TD!

Tomovoz

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2004, 12:48:20 AM »

Have a most wonderful birthday td. I think you are in NYC at present. Have a "Wicked" birthday. May the Birthday Fairies smile upon you and bring you much happiness.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

M. Brandon

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2004, 12:52:53 AM »

I don't do CDs anymore.  Everything I buy goes directly onto my computer and then my iPod.  I have 7.5 days worth of music.  But right now I'm listening to the new Assassins album (I, know, I know BK! but I bought it and have to give it a chance) but earlier I was listening to Madama Butterfly, which is my favorite opera of all time.  Later will be How 2 Succeed (Robert Morse version) followed by either Do I Hear a Waltz or Les Parapluies de Cherbourg since BK got me in a Michel Moode.

In the DVD player is Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 1.

You know, the sound is flat and the gun shots sound awful on this Assassins album, but I do like the new orchestrations.  And Denis O'Hare is great as Guiteau although I liked Jonathan Hadary on the 1991 album too...
Who do you save when your house is on fire?
Don't bring the guy who lit the match!

Tomovoz

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2004, 01:06:29 AM »

TOTD:
DVD: Last watched were the "Extras" on Season one of "Six Feet Under". Season Tow has been released here too so I guess $$ will be spent soon.
CDs: (*Next to be played - all new to the collection)
1. The McGuire Sisters - Anthology
2. Al Cailoa - bonanza 1960 -1969
3. The Outsiders
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2004, 01:15:36 AM »

***HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR TD!!***

In my CD burner in my computer at home:  Weird Romance for Dear Reader DerBrucer!  That's it for now.

I'll have an updated media report later in the morning when I'm at work...and I actually have some media reporting to update.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Michael

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2004, 03:07:26 AM »

I sill pass on all good wishes when I see DR TD in about 7 hours!! NYC here I come!!!
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2004, 04:01:55 AM »

Happy Birthday TD TD TD TD!!!  Have a wicked time in NYC!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2004, 04:04:15 AM »

MR BK looks so kempt today....I am sure rehearsals will go much better and everything will be fine in that best of all possible worlds. QED!

VCR: Atomic Submarine
DVD: Journey to the Center of the Earth
CD:  The VERY Best of Sue Thompson

Norman, James Hold the Ladder Steady, Paper Tiger

I do not think I will have computer access today, I am working at a different location, so this may be IT until I get home.

Oh well.  It is FRIDAY!!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2004, 04:08:43 AM »

Before I go -

Here is a photo of me at my new job -using the latest electronic equipment!   ;D

Ben

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2004, 04:13:24 AM »

Happy Happy day to TD

At work I will be listening to one of my guilty pleasures, How Now Dow Jones. I also have A Wrinkle in Swingtime (Elena Bennett & Fred Barton), Boy Meets Boy, Noel Coward in New York and Noel Coward at Las Vegas.

I'm seeing Bridge and Tunnel tonight. It's an Off-Broadway piece. It stars Sarah Jones, who also wrote the piece. The play focuses on the New York immigrant experience. Jones plays 14 different immigrant characters. Meryl Streep is one of the producers. There has been talk of moving it to Broadway. I hope this doesn't happen because it sounds like it's too intimate for Broadway. We're seeing it now just in case it does move. There is a reason Off-Broadway exists. There are some shows that just don't work in even small Broadway theatres. It would be nice to have a house bigger than 75 chairs but not every show needs 500 or more seats. You lose something in the move. I think that's why God Said Ha failed in moving to Broadway a few years ago. We heard the show on CD and saw the film version but it just didn't work in the Lyceum Theatre. The show is too small and intimate. Oh, well. End of semi-rant. I'm seeing the show tonight and I'm very happy! The rest of the weekend is rather free, except for work on Saturday. We start our busy time this week and for the next two and a half months I will be working Saturdays from 6am-noon (ugghh). Oh, well, overtime pads the paycheck which means either more CDs for me or perhaps the purchase of a CD burner to hook up to the turntable so we can stop imposing on our friend and burn our own vinyl to CD.

I must now go wash my bowl from which I had oatmeal, raisins and a fresh peach. So much better than a packet of instant oatmeal with freeze-dried fruit.

Emily

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2004, 05:09:50 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TD!!!

*DANCE DANCE DANCE SPRINKLE CONFETTI DANCE DANCE SPIRIT FINGERS*

:D
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Emily

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2004, 05:12:01 AM »

BK... are there several lines which the cast forgets *almost* everytime or is there a rotating number?

I remember when I was SMing a production of The Crucible one of our actors kept forgetting the same line during EVERY performance.  And the line was really required to set up the entrance of another character.

The sad thing? now I can't remember it to tell you all either!
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Kerry

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2004, 05:59:03 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY td!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been trying to get here for ages, but my computer wouldn't get past the Notes page.  How wonderful that everything aligned somehow so that I could wish you a Happy Day.
 I see all my friends out there.  A Happy Day to everyone!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2004, 06:00:55 AM »

I'm not kempt or unkempt; I'm verklempt.
I like boat races.

Tomovoz

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2004, 06:03:43 AM »

We had a message from DR Sandra. It is delightful to see you here DR Kerry. Guess you have been practising your alphabet.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2004, 02:04:17 PM by Tomovoz »
James Thurber 1957

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2004, 06:04:21 AM »

td via DR Michael - Wishing you a wonderful birthday. And a year filled with good health and great happiness, for you and those you love.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2004, 06:06:00 AM by Dan-in-Toronto »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2004, 06:09:25 AM »

If I pay extra close attention to detail and wear my best clothes will that make me a "kempt man"?

If I happen to have a few tricks up my sleeve that I don't wish to share about putting my best foot forward, could those be called my "best kempt secrets"?

Does excessive tidying of a hearth "kempt the home fires burning"?

(I can hear BK right now:  "Kempt it up, RLP, and I'm going to bitchslap you til the cows come home.")

(Or DR Panni will say:  "One more of those bad puns will kempt me vomiting until next Tuesay!")
« Last Edit: August 06, 2004, 06:19:01 AM by RLP »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

William E. Lurie

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2004, 06:10:50 AM »

BK - How large a theatre are you in that you need mics?

JRand - Wow.  Your office equipment is really state of the art

CD - The new recording of MAN WITH A LOAD OF MISCHIEF: on the plus side there is more music than the original although no new songs; just more complete versions, reprises,incidental music, etc.  Also the cast is excellent.  On the negative side, instead of real instruments like on the original it is electronic and often sounds like a toy chord organ.  The packaging is meant to represent pink lace and looks like a package of FDS or Kotex.  So while it is good to have the new recording, it really can't replace the original, still never released on CD.

DVD - Some episodes of "My Little Margie".  Maybe it's because I grew up with the old shows, but I find that sitcoms from 40 or 50 years ago are funnier than just about anything on the air today.

VHS - Nothing

I know it is fashionable to blame the Republicans for everything, and most of the time they are at fault.  But I really fond it strange that the producers of CAROLINE, OR CHANGE and FROZEN claim the reason they are closing is the Republican convention.  It's true that they probably are not selling any tickets for the few days the convention is in town, but what they are not stating is they aren't selling any tickets before or after either.  And does anyone know what male replacement star refuses to perform during the convention because he is a democrat (a blind item in a Theatremania column).
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2004, 06:10:56 AM »

I'm not kempt or unkempt; I'm verklempt.

WELCOME BACK, DR KERRY!!!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2004, 06:11:08 AM »

DR Michael, Have a superb time in NYC. IMHO, Hugh Jackman gives a performance one (or in DR Panni's case, two) will remember for a lifetime. (And I really didn't mind the show either.)

Ben

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2004, 06:16:26 AM »

Forgot to mention this earlier.

I headed home from work yesterday (all half a block of my commute) and as I stepped down into the doorway area I noticed a woman sitting on the stoop above the step dialing her cell phone. She looked familiar but I wasn't sure. I went in, got my mail and kept staring. I didn't want to seem rude to her but I gathered my courage, re-opened the door and said, "Excuse me, are you Tonya Pinkins?" She laughed and said "Yes, I am". I, being the suave, sophisticated fool that I am said "Oh, wow, you're sitting on my stoop! How wonderful. I love your work." She laughed again and said thanks and I went up the stairs to our little abode. When I came back down 10 minutes later with the laundry, she was gone. I assume her vocal teacher is in the building next to mine and she was waiting for her appointment. I hear vocal hystrionics coming out of the window quite often and Mr. Joel Grey, and others have been seen entering and exiting the building before and after said vocalizing.

Hi, Kerry! Hope your computer realizes it's welcome here.

I am also listening to Annie Warbucks, courtesy of a certain Down Under wonder. Thanks, Tom.

Tomovoz

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2004, 06:18:54 AM »

A pleasure Ben. It sounds a bit strange but "Good night all!"
(11.20pm here).
James Thurber 1957

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2004, 06:21:32 AM »

Happy Birthday, DR TD.

Have a wonderful trip, DR M Shayne.

Media Check:
CD/Car: Laurie Beechman: "Time Between the Time"
CD/Office: Liz Callaway: "On and Off Broadway"
VCR: Last night's BB5 (I was home in time fro eviction and HOH, but missed the first 20 minutes or so.  And might I add Woo-hoo!!)
DVD: Empty

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2004, 06:22:26 AM »

Ron - Enough! You're turning into a klemptomaniac.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2004, 06:24:28 AM »

Ben,

Meanwhile, I'm listening to Steve and Eydie - courtesy of the very same DUW!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2004, 06:28:38 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~ HAPPY DAY OF BIRTH TD! ~~~~~~[/move]

Media Check of Me:

CD Player (at home):  Caroline, or Change

CD Player (a work):  Patty Loveless -- Mountain Soul

DVD Player:  The Manchurian Candidate (the real one!)

VCR:  The Real Olympics
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up