Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE UNSEEMLY HUM  (Read 12987 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE UNSEEMLY HUM
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2004, 02:01:55 PM »

For my DVD this afternoon, I selected NOISES OFF! Looks wonderful on DVD with a very sharp picture and deeply saturated color.

I've often wondered, however, if Christopher Reeve and especially John Ritter were deliberately doing poor British accents on purpose (possibly to portray the actors they're playing as being second-rate) or was that merely the best they could come up with.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2004, 02:04:02 PM »

How many are too many Krispy Kremes to eat?  Someone brought me another free box.  And so far today I've eaten 4.  :)

Oh well this will be a good ending, since I start watching my weight/exercising on Monday.

Btw, does anybody else microwave them for a few seconds before eating them?  I will not eat a cold Krispy Kreme!

There's always room for another Krispy Kreme!  -They're 90% air anyway! ;)

As for microwaving Krispy Kremes... Yes!  And I believe the boxes have microwaving instructions on them now too - for that "fresh from the fryer" taste!

I also sometimes warm them in a toaster oven for a few minutes, then hit the "Toast" button until the sugar glaze starts to bubble.  *This also works with leftover pancakes that have been spread with butter and syrup.

And I've mentioned it before, but just in case... There's a diner in Richmond called "The 3rd Street Diner" since it's a diner and it's on 3rd Street - 3rd and Main to be exact.  Well, they have something called "Grilled D's".

You simply take a day old Krispy Kreme Glazed donut(s), and "warm" in up in a skillet or on a griddle in melted pat of butter - or two.  If the heat is just right, you can sometimes get a light caramelization of the sugar glaze!

And then if you want to have something really special, just place the still warm Grilled D in a shallow bowl.  Then top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce (hot fudge, if you prefer), whipped cream and a maraschino cherry (mais, bien sur!), and Voila!  -You now have a Grilled D Sundae!

-Don't forget the Tums!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2004, 02:04:56 PM »

OOHH!!  And a "gently" microwaved MoonPie is also quite dee-lish!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2004, 02:08:58 PM »

...As is a gently microwaved Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pie...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2004, 02:09:29 PM »

Can't you just feel the sugar rushing through your veins?!?!?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2004, 02:10:18 PM »

I am also one who prefers the original versions of Star Wars #s IV, V and VI (and I have the remastered original versions on video).  However, there's an article on CNN.com (and everywhere else, I'm sure) where GL explains why he doesn't want to release the old versions.  Click HERE to read the full article.  It's very informative and I can totally understand his side of it...I don't agree ::), but I understand.  Here's a quote from the article:

Q: Why not release both the originals and special editions on DVD?

LUCAS: The special edition, that's the one I wanted out there. The other movie, it's on VHS, if anybody wants it. ...

I'm not going to spend the, we're talking millions of dollars here, the money and the time to refurbish that, because to me, it doesn't really exist anymore. It's like this is the movie I wanted it to be, and I'm sorry you saw half a completed film and fell in love with it. But I want it to be the way I want it to be.

He goes on:

I'm the one who has to take responsibility for it. I'm the one who has to have everybody throw rocks at me all the time, so at least if they're going to throw rocks at me, they're going to throw rocks at me for something I love rather than something I think is not very good, or at least something I think is not finished.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2004, 02:31:53 PM »

I'm a fan of the Krispy Kreme Chocolate Glazed Cream Filled, not the custard filled, but the cream filled.  It's almost like a Twinkie with a shorter shelf life.  It's divine.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2004, 02:38:38 PM »

I discovered the cinema of Russ Meyer back in 1965 or 1966 at the old Cinema Theater on Western.  My first exposure (pardon the pun) to Mr. Meyer's world was Mudhoney, then soon thereafter, Faster, Pussycat, Kill Kill.  I became an unabashed fan and saw pretty much everything up through The Seven Minutes, his worst film.  There was just something lovable about his entirely crass films that I thought was beyond cooliscious.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2004, 02:45:55 PM »

I'm a fan of the Krispy Kreme Chocolate Glazed Cream Filled, not the custard filled, but the cream filled.  It's almost like a Twinkie with a shorter shelf life.  It's divine.

Yes, these are my favorite KK doughnuts. They are beyond delicious and highly addictive.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jennifer

« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2004, 03:09:40 PM »

Hmmm, I've never tried cream filled.

But right now everyone is eating the plain ones.  Cause they are free.

It is totally crazy.  I don't understand how they can afford this.  But EVERYONE at the store is taking a dozen free.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2004, 03:20:26 PM »

I was walking around World Market this afternoon after I finished helping my friend load his moving pod, and thought of Panni when I got to the marzipan section.

That's very sweet of you, Matt H (no pun intended -- well, okay - pun intended)...

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2004, 03:33:51 PM »

Matt, be sure to call your brooker before buying the marzipan.  

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2004, 03:57:41 PM »

I was walking around World Market this afternoon after I finished helping my friend load his moving pod, and thought of Panni when I got to the marzipan section.

And why didn't you think of me?  :D I love marzipan just as much as Panni does.  Did you see my marzipan photo?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2004, 04:00:08 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2004, 04:04:47 PM »

Jennifer I microwave other bakery treats that have become cold.  

All went well at the vet today.  In fact what came out was comparable to what a large German Shepard would do.  Poor boy must have really been plugged up.  

The new carpet is in now and we are putting the house back in order.  If only my back wasn’t hurting so much.

MBarnum

« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2004, 04:32:41 PM »

If anyone has a link for the new Amazing Race (6) players can you please post it.  DR MBarnum did you see them on tv or online?

It was in the TV Guide magazine.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2004, 04:33:40 PM »

I'm still achy from the paddling on Monday night.  Something about the cold and the tougher boat-mates made my back spaz up.  Is that how one writes "spaz"? Do spasms spas? mmmmm...

You got paddled on Monday night?

Poor Emily!  I'd have done more than spasm...I'd have opened up a can of whup ass if anyone tried to paddle me!

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2004, 04:35:31 PM »

I have only seen one Russ Meyer film, but would love to see more...I am surprised that there haven't been some DVD releases!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2004, 04:53:08 PM »

Hello, MBarnum, I have missed talking to you.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2004, 04:59:14 PM »

Hello Dan, Jrand54, and Matthew!

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2004, 05:02:50 PM »

I still have no computer at home, but I am doing laundry at a friend's house tonight, so I am stealing her computer for a few minutes.  I don't think I will ever catch up on all these posts that I have missed the last few weeks.

JMK, sorry I missed the party!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2004, 05:06:30 PM »

Gee, I am my own frenzy!
“One thing’s universal,

Panni

« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2004, 05:13:24 PM »

Welcome back on your borrowed machine, TCB! You are missed.

Jane   ****HEALING BACK VIBES!****

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2004, 05:16:33 PM »

Whew!

Hello DRTCB!

Happy Birthday (late) to DRLAURA and to DR MKRLD....

DRPANNI what a great trip you have planned!  Work and a vacation, how wonderful.  Hopefully you will have computer access or at least will take TONS of pictures.  The weather should be lovely and the tourists should be sparse!

Russ Meyer...oh, yes....faster pussycat, Kill Kill!!!  I will raise a glass to Mr Meyer and give him the toast I learned here at HHW yesterday:

TO YOUR ENTIRE ASS!!!  It's an old Hungarian saying!

DRJOSE thank you so much for your take on The Ten Commandments.  How enlightening and exciting to hear from someone who was there!  Of course, it will have its champions, but it sounds like pretty much of a mess and a misfire.  Who is the muscle?  Is it the star, the writers, the director, the producers?  Who made it so bad?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2004, 05:22:14 PM »

Welcome back on your borrowed machine, TCB! You are missed.

Jane   ****HEALING BACK VIBES!****

Thanks, Panni, I miss everyone here, as well.  Will TIGER CRUISE be on again soon?  I have several  friends that I want  to see it.

Healing vibes to Jane!  Belated birthday wishes to DRs Laura, elmore, and mrkdl
« Last Edit: September 22, 2004, 05:36:15 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2004, 05:34:43 PM »

Thank you TCB and Panni.

Hi TCB.  I'm so happy you could join us.  You must do laundry at your friend's more often.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2004, 05:35:03 PM »

Thanks, Panni, I miss everyone here, as well.  Will TIGER CRUISE be on again soon?  I have several  friends that I want  to see it.
[/b]
[/font][/color]

TCB, someone recently mentioned on here that Tiger Cruise will be on again on Sept 30.  Hopefully, my sister will tape it for me again, this time without missing the first 25 minutes.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2004, 05:39:06 PM »

TCB, someone recently mentioned on here that Tiger Cruise will be on again on Sept 30.  Hopefully, my sister will tape it for me again, this time without missing the first 25 minutes.

Thanks, Dan (the Man). Obviously, Panni is too busy working to answer.

Hi Jane, I have really missed you!
“One thing’s universal,

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2004, 05:40:43 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]! ! ! ! !  VIBRATING VIBES OF RELIEF FOR DR JANE'S BACK ! ! ! ! ![/move]

Jane,  is your back still hurting from the TV move episode?  I think Keith should spring for a massage chair from the Sharper Image for you.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2004, 05:42:52 PM »

I am trying to go through as many posts as I can, but can someone tell me if Danise and Michael Shayne made it through all the hurricanes unscathed???

« Last Edit: September 22, 2004, 05:43:43 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Panni

« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2004, 05:43:25 PM »

Will TIGER CRUISE be on again soon?  I have several  friends that I want  to see it.

It was on again two nights ago. I don't see it listed on the 30th as was mentioned, but I'll let you know if I see something.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up