Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: HO, HO, HO  (Read 30464 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
HO, HO, HO
« on: December 12, 2004, 11:59:45 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, your are at ho with the notes, the notes are at ho with you, and now it is time for you to post until the ho cows come ho(me).
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 12:00:46 AM by bk »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:HO, HO, HO
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 12:20:07 AM »

First post huzzah!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 12:20:25 AM »

Somebody post already.  Get in the fershluganah Christmas spirit, will ya?  Don't just sit there like so much fish or I will bitch-slap you from here to eternity and hell and back.  There, how's that for Christmas spirit.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 12:20:51 AM »

Whew, jrand got in just in the St. Nick of Time.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 12:22:56 AM »

Of course, the WUSSBURGERS all know who they are and I'm sure they'll be back in the morning saying, "Oh, dear, I'm such a WUSSBURGER, I just HAD to be a WUSSBURGER, being a WUSSBURGER is in my nature and no matter how hard we may try we cannot change our natures.  And I shall laugh and laugh for I am in the Christmas spirit and I feel benevolent and benign or even beten.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 12:23:27 AM »

My goodness, just fifteen more posts till I achieve a sort-of new plateau.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2004, 12:24:40 AM »

Hmmmmmmmm......well....I think the Electronic Hat is the only way to go.  A quiz would be great, but not all HHW's are fluent in theatre, tv, and movies - as others are....and then there is the question of when to log on.

Of course we could have an essay contest of some kind - which means MR BK would be doing a LOT of reading.....

Maybe something else will come to mind later.

Christmas foods - HARD CANDY, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I also like Christmas sugar cookies.  Main course....hmmmmmmm.....roast beef slices and cheese....hmmmmmmm....we don't have a regular Christmas dinner, so I will have to wait for some other DR's to see if anything sounds familiar.

I think today is going to be another day when HHW will make me hungry.

I ordered the Ken Bloom book at Amazon.com and it is on it's way!  However my Broadway Christmas CD is delayed.

December 13 - hard to believe, and yet is true.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2004, 12:25:22 AM »

LOL....indeed.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2004, 12:26:31 AM »

Goldilocks and the Three Bares - I am intrigued.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2004, 12:26:56 AM »

Was Miss June Wilkinson at the Pogue-do last night?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2004, 12:27:58 AM »

I shall not go to sleep until there are five hundred postings.

Jed

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2004, 12:35:51 AM »

I shall not go to sleep until there are five hundred postings.

Hope you have plenty of No-Doze, bk.  The wussburgers will have you up even after the cows are home and sleeping themselves.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jed

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2004, 12:42:42 AM »

A contest with What If DVD prizes?  Sounds simply ginchy and too too to me.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2004, 12:49:55 AM »

500!

But it's my bedtime!

At least Jed and I got it started.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2004, 01:19:28 AM »

I'm still here, just like Yvonne de Carlo.  

Tomovoz

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2004, 02:54:16 AM »

I'm back. Just finished my first ever viewing of "The Magic Show" It is not nearly as bad as I had been led to believe.  Of course it's 30 years since I saw it staged and I have forgotten much of it. I was surprised to see Melbournian Jon Finlayson in the show. The Melbourne had Samantha Sang.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2004, 02:57:38 AM »

Favourite christmas food - NUTS.  I don't eat them much during the year. I also love traditional Christmas cake - almond icing and marzipan!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2004, 03:00:02 AM »

Christmas DVDs from BK. Lovely idea. We're all grown ups (Well most of the time). Give the Electronic Hat some work to do. It's had an easy year.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2004, 03:00:31 AM »

I shall return in my 60th year.
James Thurber 1957

Ben

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2004, 04:18:12 AM »

I love parsnips as a side dish and for dessert a traditional Christmas pudding with hard sauce. I never had either until I went to England in1984. We spent Christmas day with a friend and her family and we had roast beast (a Dr. Seuss reference) with the parsnips. I also love Scotch Eggs for breakfast. I don't know if they are traditional Christmas fare but I always think of Christmas when I eat them. If we can't have Christmas pudding then a nice mince pie will do for dessert.

I must get about and eat some breakfast and get ready to fill gift bags. I will return after 4pm eastern standard time. By that time it will be Tuesday in Ozstraulia and time to shower a certain someone with wishes of the natal variety.

Ben

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2004, 04:18:49 AM »

Sad to be all alone in the world at 7:20am eastern standard time

Ginny

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2004, 04:29:49 AM »

Hi, Ben - Just wanted to let you know you're not all alone here!  And thank you for the specialized birthday greeting the other day.  And tell you how much I enjoyed your pictures - especially the miniature library books!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2004, 05:04:48 AM »

Favorite holiday food items - I'm actually "in production" with one right now - cinnamon pecan coffee cake.  It's another recipe from my mother and I'm making a double batch today for my contribution to the annual craft & talent auction that my AAUW branch is holding tonight.  One concession I've made to "healthy eating" is replacing the sour cream with lowfat yogurt.  Even my sister couldn't tell the difference.  One time, though, I made the mistake of using nonfat yogurt and the result was awful!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Emily

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2004, 05:16:56 AM »

My parents took out the mincemeat pies they made a couple of months ago.

My dad was perhaps a LEETLE to overzealous in their "booze-ification".  In other words, your throat burns as you eat it :)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2004, 05:34:27 AM »

Good morning, all!  Well, after all of last night's adventures, who knows what today will bring?   Russell Warner sent me an update last night, which I read this morning (sounds like Gertrude Stein!), that our friend was seeming much better  when he left her hotel, and how heartened he was by all the kind people who helped us last night.  Who said New York's a rude city?

DRGinny, I hope your entire weekend was filled with birthday treats.  

DRBen, thanks for sharing all of Baxter's handiwork.  He's such an amazing artiste!  When am I coming down to see your tree?  

TOD:  marzipan always meant "Christmas" to me, and peppermint candy canes.  Because we were rather poor when I was growing up, we always had lots of ribbon candy from the five and dime and nots of unshelled nuts: brazil nuts, pecans, walnuts which we'd help my mother shell and she would put them into chocolate fudge she made for the holidays.  She and her sisters, when together, would laugh about taffy pulls when they were young, but we never made taffy.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2004, 05:34:28 AM »

'morning Elmore! - Sorry to hear about the mishap your LC friend had last night.  It's comforting to know, though, that you're such a "take charge" guy for those of us who drop into the city from time to time!

Ginny

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2004, 05:41:12 AM »

DRGinny, I hope your entire weekend was filled with birthday treats.  

Oh, it was!  Yesterday, Mom treated me to the Cincinnati Pops' Christmas concert - we went on the Otterbein bus, but I was not the youngest (someone had her grandaughter along).  Erich Kunzel really puts on a show and Music Hall was beautiful.  My favorite performers were the CCM musical theatre students (all sophomores) who performed by themselves and as backup to Sandi Patty.  There were some Girl Scouts sitting behind us who needed a concert etiquette lesson.  They talked throughout the performances and I gave them my best Mom glare during "Baby, It's Cold Outside," by Sandy with 7 CCM "boys."  She said, "Snow White, eat your heart out!"

td

• td
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2004, 05:45:51 AM »

My thoughts on our own traditional Christmas foods:
SWEETS!
Well, nibbly, sugary things such as our family's very own recipe for ORANGE COOKIES.  (There's a line in Robert Altman's NASHVILLE that has resonated more for me than I would think most viewers, the newscaster, Howard K. Smith, (I think) late in the film says that "Christmas has always smelled like oranges" to him - - well, from where I'm sitting, Christmas HAS always smelled like oranges and orange cookies to me.
My grandmother's mince meat pie was the only mince pie I ever liked.
Our fruitcakes are not heavy enough to be used as door stoppers, but, I prefer brandy in the mixture, rather than whiskey; still there is orange juice. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2004, 05:46:21 AM »

Oh, it was!  Yesterday, Mom treated me to the Cincinnati Pops' Christmas concert - we went on the Otterbein bus, but I was not the youngest (someone had her grandaughter along).  Erich Kunzel really puts on a show and Music Hall was beautiful.  My favorite performers were the CCM musical theatre students (all sophomores) who performed by themselves and as backup to Sandi Patty.  There were some Girl Scouts sitting behind us who needed a concert etiquette lesson.  They talked throughout the performances and I gave them my best Mom glare during "Baby, It's Cold Outside," by Sandy with 7 CCM "boys."  She said, "Snow White, eat your heart out!"

Now, I'll sound truly dumb, but I have no idea who Sandi Patty is!  CCM student Geoff Packard, who was in WHERE'S CHARLEY?, has done some solo things with CCM and Kunzel.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2004, 05:53:10 AM »

Now, I'll sound truly dumb, but I have no idea who Sandi Patty is!

From yesterday's program notes:  "...she is the most awarded female vocalist in contemporary Christian music history."  She has appeared with EK a lot, including on PBS for Thanksgiving and the Fourth of July.  I find her style a little over-wrought.  Mom and I went to the Pops last year for my birthday and the featured soloist was Lee Roy Reams.  I liked that program a lot better.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up