Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: MINDLESS NOTES  (Read 2383 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
MINDLESS NOTES
« on: February 28, 2021, 12:42:09 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were mindless, and now it is time for you to post until the mindless cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: MINDLESS NOTES
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 12:43:08 AM »

And the word of the day is: DEFERENCE!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 01:06:22 AM »

CDs have been ordered!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 01:39:43 AM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 01:41:27 AM »

And now, I must be off to bed.  I need to be bright eyed and bushy tailed for my online union meeting this afternoon. :D

Have a good day, all!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 03:52:24 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2021, 03:55:22 AM »

I had a bad night of sleep.  I was up too many times, the worst being an interval around 12:30 of lying on my back and doing leg stretching exercises to get my legs to relax and stop cramping.  Faithful Thatch stayed with me through the ordeal.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2021, 04:03:53 AM »

I had a very strange dream that I was riding a bus with former DR Ben down Main Street in Middletown, Ohio.  We were going to the new offices of the Middletown Journal at the corner of Main Street and First Avenue.  For some reason on the bus ride Ben and I were sitting in different sections of the bus.  I was in the back and my walker kept getting hung up on things. I was wearing the pajamas I wear around the apartment these days when I don't have to step out, and I had top pull my pants up amd I missed the bus stop.  The next stop was the McCoy Loeffler funeral hime at First Avenue and Verity Parkway, so I struggled with my walker and raced back to Main Street, where Ben was waiting for me on the porch of the building, which incidentally was the former office of my optometrist Dr Nesbit, who gave me my first pair of glasses when I was around seven years old.

It turns out for some reason the Middletown Journal and Radio station WPFB were presenting  the first viewing in 50 years or more of a televised version of Alice in Wonderland, and we were there as some sort of press corp.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2021, 04:11:15 AM »

The Middletown Journal offices were never at the corner of First Avenue and Main Street. When I left Middletown in 1979, they were at Broad Street and First Avenue, and McCoy Loeffer was originally at Broad Street and First Avenue.  They later moved to Grand Avenue in the 1960s.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2021, 04:12:37 AM »

DR singdaw, I loved the photo of Yeager, you and the others.  Have you thought about fostering again?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2021, 04:13:22 AM »

I'm happy to know our DR TCB is okay.  I called him late yesterday afternoon and left a message.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2021, 04:43:07 AM »

Good morning, everyone.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2021, 04:43:53 AM »

I have absolutely nothing planned for the day.  And I like it that way.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2021, 04:49:33 AM »

Kritzerland never sold Levi on Blu Ray, did they?  I'm thinking not.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2021, 05:05:37 AM »

A search of Kritzerland.com says no.  This must be a director's perk.      :)

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2021, 05:30:02 AM »

Start the day off with a smile - with some sun bread!

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2021, 05:31:01 AM »

I am sorry about your garden, DR John G.

ChasSmith

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2021, 05:49:24 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2021, 05:53:33 AM »

I wish I could remember last night's dream with the clarity that DR Elmore remembered his. There was SOMETHING about it worth mulling over -- in fact, I believe this is one that I awoke from and was actually willing to slip back into if I got back to sleep -- but all I have come up with so far is the outer shell and none of the meat.

ChasSmith

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2021, 05:55:00 AM »

And I, for one, simply cannot believe that two months of the year are suddenly over.

Two months.

Weren't we just doing Christmas and New Year's?

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2021, 06:02:00 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2021, 06:04:16 AM »

I am sorry about your garden, DR John G.

Thanks. It will rise again. The forecast was revised again and one night was forecast as being in the 30s. Don't know if I have to bring in everything again, but the pineapples do need to come in.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2021, 06:06:22 AM »

All three of the Hollywood Blvd. theaters BK researched yesterday are ones that I knew under their later names:

Actually, I think the New View was still called that when I moved there. Was it called anything else before becoming a Pussycat?

The Academy was my Holly, which I remember (correctly, I hope) for a few oddball things:  The Groove Tube in 1974 (which coincidentally I commented on in the Home Theater Forum yesterday because a Blu-ray is being released), and that's where Caligula settled in for an extended run.

The Admiral was my Vine. I'm thinking that's where Sisters opened in my first year there. I'm sorry to say my level of accuracy in remembering these is not what BK's is.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 06:16:58 AM by ChasSmith »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2021, 06:08:40 AM »

Kitty cleanup is finished, and the bed is next.  I don't like to vacuum on weekends before 10:00 and after 9:00 on weekdays to avoid disturbing my neighbopr Pixie below me.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2021, 06:09:03 AM »

Anyone planning to watch the Golden Globes tonight?

ChasSmith

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2021, 06:09:51 AM »

The other theater in that stretch playing the name game was the Iris (?) which I knew as the Fox, and down the street, the Loew's Paramount which is now El Capitan.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2021, 06:11:13 AM »

DR Jrand70, that return was mighty fast!  My accountant sent my State return electronically on the 24th, and the $675 I owed was deducted from my account on Friday.  I hope the IRS is that quick with my refund.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2021, 06:12:10 AM »

Anyone planning to watch the Golden Globes tonight?

I stopped caring about awards shows - except for the Tonys - some time ago.

ChasSmith

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2021, 06:23:40 AM »

Never mind that I don't know a single movie released in the past year -- I don't think the Golden Globes can be much fun even to gawk at without everyone there in one room getting drunk. As of several years ago, at least, that was still a watchable sport during which much hilarity could ensue.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2021, 06:32:57 AM »

Yep
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up